New Year's Contest

RogerDuke

• 2 weeks later...

WooHoo congrats Texas Daisy on the weight loss and keeping with your resolution! I am very proud and happy for you! Keep up the great work.

As for mine...I've done so-so. I've talked to my sister at least once a week so far, but haven't called her each time.(Does that count?) But thanks for the reminder Daisy, I still need to call her this week to say hi. :D

GeneralLeeGirl- You sound exactly like me...I've made a lot of resolutions that I would work on and yet haven't really kept any of them. I guess the one with my sister, but that is only done half way since I did say I'd be the one calling her. (Thanks Roger!) I am lousy when it comes to making any sort of changes, I get in the same old rut and I stick in it. I feel like I'm in a hamster wheel and can't get out of it if you know what I mean. ERRRR! They say it only takes three weeks to make a change into a routine that can stick...if only I can find a way to get to the three week mark! I am horrible at this!

Way to go Texas Daisy and Roger...I am happy for both of you. I bet you do feel a lot better, Daisy, and proud of the work you did. Roger I bet your book will be an awesome book - I really hope that you will allow us to read your book once you get done. At least some sort of preview. I have always wanted to write novels...that had been one of my dreams when I was in school. Aw well I guess. Keep up the great work! :D

• 11 months later...
Unless we hear otherwise from people who haven't reported in, it looks like daisyxenos and myself were the only two out of seven who kept their resolution last year.

Unfortunately only five people are signed up this year. Good luck to everybody!

1) daisyxenos--watch at least two Dukes episodes per week

2) texasdaisy09--lose 10 pounds by her birthday in September

3) Redneck girl 01--personal

4) Garrett--call sister at least once a week

5) Roger--personal financial goals and stick with writing book

I kept my resolution. How did you other folks do?

Hopefully we'll get more participants in 2011.

Well Roger, I am talking to my sister as I am writing this...does that count? ;) I am horrible at resolutions...don't even know why I even try any more. In other words, I didn't meet or keep my resolutions. I know. Shame on me. Hopefully I can think of one for 2011 that I can actually somewhat keep ... or better yet some how obtain better self disicpline in 2011. Either way, I can't get much worse than I have been, so I can only get better. Right? ;)

Roger - I am glad to hear that you kept your resolution. It is always great to hear that it can actually be done. Congratulations...just remember, 2010 may be coming to an end, but it's not over yet. You still have a couple of weeks...better keep up the GREAT work. :)

I'm all for it if you are. Though it would be more interesting if more people would join in with us to do it. Hmmm how can we recruit more people? There has to be a way...LOL.

I would be interested in doing it with just us two, Roger, but if you don't want to, that is OK too. We could do weekly updates on our progress...and instead of someone dropping out if they break the resolution, maybe they could list ways of how they could do better to keep the resolution next time. I don't know, just a couple of ideas.

Okay Garrett, even if there's just two of us participating, we'll still do it.

I'm extending my financial goals resolution but I'm also making a Dukes of Hazzard resolution that might require some help to keep.

As some of you know I have an extensive notebook of things mentioned on the show. One of my catagories is Hazzard County Roads. Beside each entry I have listed which episode the road was first mentioned on. (I use two numbers....for example 3-10 means the tenth episode of the third season).

I have an episode listed for everything in my notebook of every catagory but there's one exception. After watching each episode at least three times since I've owned my DVD set I still can't find which episode Elderberry Lane is on.

When I first recorded things in my notebook I didn't write down the episode numbers. I did later when watching each episode again but for some reason still haven't found Elderberry Lane.

To keep this resolution I'm going to have to watch each episode again and watch them slowly, paying close attention to everything, not just what's being said.

On the meantime, if anybody ever sees Elderberry Lane on one of the episodes, let me know. I'm bound and determined to find it in 2011.

Wow, if there's anybody out there who ever doubted what a serious Dukes fan I am, I guess there's no doubt about it now...LOL

YAY we got another member! Welcome aboard Waikiki!

Good luck to both Roger and Waikiki on their resolutions...you both have made some pretty good ones. As for me, I have a few things that I need to work on for 2011. I wish I could add a Duke episode a day to it as well...would love that one, but don't know where I would find room in my day to do so. As it is, I have difficult times finding time to write (wish I had more time to do that as well!).

Well onto my resolutions...(Drum roll...LOL)

1. Not to eat so much...in hopes of losing weight.

2. Take more time out to pray