New Year's Contest

RogerDuke

That's fine daisyxenos. Of course you won't be able to give it up completely but if you can honestly tell yourself at the end of the year that you saved money by shopping a lot less then you'll be one of the winners (or maybe the only one) By the way, what happened to not cutting your hair all year? You still have until midnight if you change your mind.

That's fine daisyxenos. Of course you won't be able to give it up completely but if you can honestly tell yourself at the end of the year that you saved money by shopping a lot less then you'll be one of the winners (or maybe the only one) By the way, what happened to not cutting your hair all year? You still have until midnight if you change your mind.

my hair is the least of my worries im making the shoping resolution to get my mom off my back

Happy 2009 everybody!!!!!!!!

Here is the final list for the First Annual Hazzard County New Year's Resolution Contest.

daisydukexenosstrate--save money by shopping less

Garrett--not be so lazy

General Grant--learn sign language

Roger--personal financial goals

DixieNachelle--learn the guitar

DaisyMaeDuke--personal

DixieRoss--not be so lazy

Good luck everybody.

I am sorry to hear that you've got a cold, DaisyxEnos...that's a bummer. But I'm glad to hear that you are doing pretty good at your resolution. ;) I hope you can keep up the good work.

As for me...so far, so good. Though I must admit, so far, that it is harder to do than what I had thought it was going to be...not to be so lazy, that is. LOL

Thank-you Roger for the idea to cure laziness...though somehow I doubt that would work too well. In fact, I think, if I were to follow your plan, I'd probably become even more lazy th an I had been before I made the resolution. (Seeing how I would be spending more time on the computer than doing things that need to be done)

Which leaves me to wonder if this is your way to help me to lose in this little friendly contest. . .;)

Good job DaisyxEnos...I doubt there is a way for you to go through a whole year without buying anything. So to go in to buy something you need and to go out is a great job! Me on the other hand would get side tracked and find myself in the CD isle looking at CDs and probably find a CD that I would love to have! LOL.

Good job Daisy!

Good job DaisyxEnos...I doubt there is a way for you to go through a whole year without buying anything. So to go in to buy something you need and to go out is a great job! Me on the other hand would get side tracked and find myself in the CD isle looking at CDs and probably find a CD that I would love to have! LOL.

Good job Daisy!

i wanted to go to the CD aisle and the movie aisle but i didnt

Hey dukefan, Why don't you start a resolution contest seperate from ours. You could set the groundrules and begin it on Feb 1 (or whenever you want to) If you CAN'T find enough interested people to join you could always ask the folks in this contest if they want to make another resolution. You could call it the "Late Resolution Contest"....or whatever. Use your imagination.

Hey dukefan, Why don't you start a resolution contest seperate from ours. You could set the groundrules and begin it on Feb 1 (or whenever you want to) If you CAN'T find enough interested people to join you could always ask the folks in this contest if they want to make another resolution. You could call it the "Late Resolution Contest"....or whatever. Use your imagination.

Ok Roger, that sounds good to me, that's a great Idea and I have just the thing, I will post another one on the last week of January and set up my rules, thanks for the help and for welcoming back on !!!!

Ok Roger, that sounds good to me, that's a great Idea and I have just the thing, I will post another one on the last week of January and set up my rules, thanks for the help and for welcoming back on !!!!

i dont think i could think of another dang resolution im having a hard time keeping this one but im actually doing good

Well y'all...I have some bad news. At least to myself, that is. I think I am out of this here contest. I should have thought more deeper into my resolution of not being so lazy... it is harder than I had thought it was going to be.

To be honest...I haven't been completetly lazy. Like yesterday after work, I had taken my dog out for a walk, and I have been picking up or doing some chores around my apartment. Chores that probably would have been shoved a side to do some other time if it hadn't been for this resolution or this contest. So it isn't like I haven't done anything. But at the same time, there has been things that could or should be done and I resigned to go on the computer instead.

Roger - I will let you be the judge of whether I should be out or not on that. Like I said, perhaps I have broken my resolution...

Well Garrett the bad news is that you've been lazy but the good news is that you're still in the contest. The way you worded your resolution gives you a big advantage of being able to judge your progress over the long term. At the end of March (for example, you pick the month) if you feel like you haven't made progress and aren't GOING to make progress you can count yourself out. Remember, this is the honor system. Be honest with yourself.

Thank-you Roger! After supper tonight I had gotten to thinking of my resolution and how I have been doing with it and got to wondering if I had broken it. So I wanted to let you know and to see what you thought. . .

I will make my cut off date to be the last day of March, that is unless you or anyone thinks that is too far away or too long. That way I have something to shoot for and perhaps will be more motivated to keep my resolution knowing I can steadily work for my goal and not just expect it to happen. If all that makes sense...

Anyways, thanks again, Roger. I will post here off and on as to how my progress has been going or if I have broken my resolution (hopefully not).