New Year's Contest

RogerDuke

1) daisyxenos--watch at least two Dukes episodes per week

2) texasdaisy09--lose 10 pounds by her birthday in September

3) Redneck girl 01--personal

4) Garrett--call sister at least once a week

5) Roger--personal financial goals and stick with writing book

Hopefully we'll hear from the first 3 folks listed from a year ago. daisyxenos hasn't logged in in 3 months now but texasdaisy and Redneck girl have logged in recently. I'll send them a PM to see how they did and maybe they'll let us know. Garrett didn't do so well but I kept mine.

Since it's not midnight here in Pennsylvania yet, I'm changing mine to watching each Dukes episode at least once in 2011. I did it in '08 and '09 but not in '10. I didn't make a resolution to do so in '10 but I am this year. It's a fun resolution that's easy to keep.

I still plan on keeping my financial goals resolution.

I'll type up a final post Saturday night with all the resolutions for 2011.....

And I will be sending you a PM a year from now if you don't let us know how you did.

Hopefully we'll get more before the end of the day New Year's Day. The strict deadline to post is 11:59 pm EST on Jan 1

So far, yours truly is the only winner of last year's contest. I've sent PMs to the three we haven't heard from. Hopefully they're winners too and we'll hear from them soon.

Here's the 5 entries for the 2011 resolution contest.

1) Meadowmufn---"take charge of what I can involving my health"

2) Buford---same as Meadowmufn

3) Garrett---"not eat so much...in hopes of losing weight" AND

"take more time out to pray"

4) waikiki23---watch every "Dukes" and "Emergency" episode at least twice

AND lose 50 pounds before friend's wedding

5) Roger---watch every Dukes episode at least once AND

watch every Dukes cartoon at least once AND

personal financial goals

Good Luck everybody and Happy New Year!

• 1 year later...

Does anybody know if we had our annual New Year's Resolution Contest last year.

This is the only thread I can find so I suspect I forgot about it last year.

Well here's a chance to get in on the action again.

I'll be posting mine soon. I see in 2011 I kept 2 out of 3. I didn't watch all the episodes in all 7 seasons.

It's not too late to declare the winner from a year ago if we can get responses from the others but I guess 2012 will end up like the current NHL season....non existent.

Does anybody know if we had our annual New Year's Resolution Contest last year.

This is the only thread I can find so I suspect I forgot about it last year.

Well here's a chance to get in on the action again.

I'll be posting mine soon. I see in 2011 I kept 2 out of 3. I didn't watch all the episodes in all 7 seasons.

It's not too late to declare the winner from a year ago if we can get responses from the others but I guess 2012 will end up like the current NHL season....non existent.

Can't remember...was trying to think of that as well as the other day. If you go by what I wrote down a couple of years ago...looks like I failed. Again. :(

Though if you are planning on doing it again in 2013...I am interested in trying to do it. Again. Perhaps if I try enough times, I'll eventually suceed. ;)

Oh no, if I'm the only one who enters the contest I'll come in first and last place. That will be weird.

I have three.

1) Personal financial goals. I always keep these so I should have no problem again.

2) Spend more time on my book. I've made a bit of a schedule so I hope that if I structure my time better I'll be fine with keeping this one. I'm also going to keep track of the time I put into it so that'll give me more incentive.

3) This one sounds easy but it'll be the toughest. Simplify my life. I'm NOT going to give a complicated explanation because that wouldn't be simple. LOL I just have to stop trying to do so much. Happy New Year everybody!

I have so much that I need to work on or to improve, I really don't know where to start...simplify my life sounds great, Roger. Tell me how to do it. That is a hard one.

1. I am to do some sort of work out...either walk the dogs or do a work out DVD. (Also not eat so much...)

2. More time in prayer.

3. Save money

4. Limit my online time...

Am sure there is more I need to work on, but for now, that will have to do. Am hoping I do better in 2013 than I have in the past...

(Sorry Roger...you hit reply right at 11:00 my time. You're an hour early! HA HA!)

See, this is why the social event of the year here on the HazzardNet is our Christmas party. We can't have a New Year's party around here because it just causes too many fights since I'm the only one here who knows how to tell time.

Now wait a minute Roger...I compared your supposed time to my lap top's clock and you were definately to the exact minute one hour EARLY. I think it is you who don't know what time it is...cause my laptop's clock is always RIGHT! :p

I agree with MM...resolutions is such a bad word. So far I am a big failure and it is only the third day, but refuse to give up hope. I have been thinking of it more as goals set for this year than resolutions...but guess it is the same thing.

You should set a goal of beating me in fantasy NASCAR this year. (I'm just kidding. Goals should be realistic or you'll just be disappointed. If it's NOT really achievable it's defined as an elusive dream not a realistic goal)

Howdy all!! I entered this contest back in 2010...I remember getting a PM from Roger asking about it, and I couldn't find the thread that night so I figured I would later...well as we can see that never happened...But today as I was scrolling through the forums I seen it! So I thought I would come take a gander.

My goals were personal...which really was health related and all that fun typical new year resolution crap....Turns out I didn't keep any resolutions until last year 2012. I was halfway successful with what I set for myself in 2010. I was extremely happy with that.

So even though I missed the deadline... My goals this year are simply to continue where I left off last year...There is a dress I would like to fit in by oh lets say late September, early October....and just to be happy...with a few odds and end goals otherwise...But being happy is the main one. :p:D

As for everyone who entered GOOD LUCK!!!!! 8)

• 8 years later...