John Schneider's puppies

RogerDuke

There was an article in the Erie (Pennsylvania) Times-News today. Apparently the writer (name not printed) of the article is familiar with the Dukes theme song because here is the first paragraph:

"A Grinch has stolen a little bit more of John Schneider's Christmas than the law will allow: a couple of puppies."

The story went on to explain that John's SUV was stolen in L.A. with two puppies in it that were intended for John's childern as Christmas presents. The SUV has been recovered but not the puppies. The puppies were described as a "Yorkie and Yorkie-Poodle mix"

If this story has a happy ending and the puppies are returned, this has all the makings of a Dukes Christmas special.

Here's the story if any one wanted to read it.....

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --

Former “Smallville†actor John Schneider has made a public appeal after two puppies he was planning to give to his children have gone missing.

Schneider’s puppies – Paisley, a Yorkiepoo, and Marley, a Yorkie terrier – were in his Cadillac Escalade SUV when it was stolen from a parking lot at the Sherman Oaks Fashion Square mall, according to TMZ, which first reported the story.

While the vehicle was recovered, the dogs – gifts for the actor’s children, were nowhere to be found, leading the former “Dukes of Hazard†star to appeal for the public’s help in a call to 104.3 MYFM DJ Valentine, Wednesday morning.

“I understand what’s going on in the economy and I understand that… nobody stole the car because the dogs were in it,†John said. “If you have been given the gift of two little puppies or even one of our puppies – either Paisley or Marley – (Paisley is the little Yorkie terrier, Marley is the little Yorkiepoo — he’s kind of apricot color) — if you’ve been given the gift out of nowhere… Those puppies really belong to (my children),†Schneider said. “I’d very much like for you to consider doing the right thing and getting in touch with Valentine, getting in touch with the shelter and getting those puppies back in the Christmas home that they belong in.â€

Schneider said he doesn’t plan to take action – he just wants the ten-week-old pups back.

“I’m not mad, I’m not gonna point a finger, I’m not gonna tell a tale,†he said. “I would just like to have our puppies back for Christmas.â€

And making a reference to his previous role of Clark Kent’s “Smallville†dad, Schneider appealed for the canines safe return one last time.

“Superman’s dad would very much like to get his puppies back,†he said. “I would really like to have the little guy and the little girl back.â€

Jessi, I hope the radio station (104.3 FM) that the article mentioned is popular with those thieves and they hear his plea.

I still think that Boss is behind this somehow. I think Bo should go see DJ Elton Loggins and try to get some air time with WHOGG. If Boss gets mad at Elton for letting Bo on the air, then that's proof Boss is involved, and Rosco couldn't be far behind.

Jessi, I hope the radio station (104.3 FM) that the article mentioned is popular with those thieves and they hear his plea.

I still think that Boss is behind this somehow. I think Bo should go see DJ Elton Loggins and try to get some air time with WHOGG. If Boss gets mad at Elton for letting Bo on the air, then that's proof Boss is involved, and Rosco couldn't be far behind.

Arrrrrrrrre you kiddin' me? Rosco'd never cotton to stealin' a man's puppies. There are just some things he won't go along with...

That is horrible that anyone would find it in their hearts to rob from anyone anytime of the year, but especially this time of year when it is the time for giving and sharing. It is good that they have found John's SUV and very sad and disturbing that they couldn't find the puppies. Hopefully they will soon be found healthy and unharmed...or if not found, hopefully at least they are with someone who will take good care of the puppies.

• 2 weeks later...

How very true. I would love to have a chance to live in Hazzard County, Georgia and to live around people like the Dukes and Davenports. Hogg and Coltrane would't be so bad either...they may be greedy and cheat a little here and there, but they do have their own beliefs they believe in, their own set of morals. Such as no one getting hurt or shot at, not even the Dukes. ;) If only we all could escape to Hazzard County, life would be perfect. ;)

How very true. I would love to have a chance to live in Hazzard County, Georgia and to live around people like the Dukes and Davenports. Hogg and Coltrane would't be so bad either...they may be greedy and cheat a little here and there, but they do have their own beliefs they believe in, their own set of morals. Such as no one getting hurt or shot at, not even the Dukes. ;) If only we all could escape to Hazzard County, life would be perfect. ;)

im still a little ticked that the puppies havent been found, dang people, however stole them, give em' back!

Well, it's December 26 and still no good news about the puppies. This is a good example of why I love Hazzard County so much. If those puppies would have been stolen in Hazzard, they would have made it back on Christmas day. They always have happy endings there but real life stinks sometimes.

LOL. Yeah, know whatcha mean, Rog.