Luke's First Love -- Part 2

Everyone in Hazzard enjoyed a quiet prospourous holiday season. The moonshine business was very good that year with little trouble from the law. By Jan. Luke was no longer a teenager he turned twenty on Jan. 10, 19?6. In Early April Dixie had her big birthday celebration. It was celebrated with a pizza party followed by the entire bunch going to Placid County to go roller skating.

Easter school break was also toward the end of April. Everyone had a touch of Spring fever. They all headed out to the lake for a bit of racing. No one paid much attention to Luke giving Dixie a ride out. Now with two convictions of racing and several points on his license Luke decided to let Bo race the General tonight. He gave the General Lee a once over. As before, Dixie and Luke watched several races. Dixie had planned to stay with Daisy tonight unknown to Jesse. She now vertually didn't have a time to be in. Her Dad knew she was staying with Daisy. By Jesse not knowing she planned to stay so he'd not pay any attention if Daisy beat her home.

The night progressed without any law showing up. Though Bo had raced the General Lee several times it was Luke's turn to drive him home. Bo had finally gotten around to dating Beth steadily. Most everyone was heading off on their own to take the long way home tonight. Luke 'volunteered' to take Dixie home as Cooter had 'plans'. "I'm going to just make sure this fire is out." Luke called.

Dixie said a bit nervous, "That was slick." As everyone else pulled out on there way home.

Luke just smiled. He did make sure the fire was out then suggested riding down to the lake. He pulled the General Lee down into an open meadow that was just off the dirt road where they had raced. Luke asked, "Are you in any hurry to get home?"

Dixie replied, "No, not at all."

Luke said, "Good." He went to the trunk of the car and took out a a partial Mason jar of moonshine that he had been sipping on all evening. Luke placed the car keys on the dash, fixed him a glass of shine which Dixie was also sipping on. Luke was figuring on staying out until almost dawn then drifting the General Lee into the drive. He and Dixie would sneak in before Jesse got up. He and Dixie talked about all sorts of things for quiet some time. Luke poured the last of the shine into their glass and tossed the Mason jar to the bushes.

As he turned around Dixie had move into the back seat of the General Lee, she said innocently, "There's more room back here."

Luke cleared his throat before saying, "Well, yes there is. Are you sure?"

Dixie smiled, "I am very certain, ........, there is more room back here." she said slowly.

Luke didn't need a second invitation to join her in the back seat...............

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LATER,

Trooper Mitchell was riding with his young partner down on lake road where they had caught some 'kids' racing several months ago. The new State Trooper was very eager to make a name for himself. His lights hit a car parked in a meadow. He indicated this to his Senior partner, "What do you make of that?" Trooper Mitchell knew the car and was pretty sure what was going on but the young Trooper insisted on checking into it.

The Senior partner replied, "You've probably got a couple kids making out. Lets go to the barn."

The young trooper said, "Let's at least check it out." He was far to eager for Trooper Mitchell but was far enough in his training that Trooper Mitchell was giving him the lead in a lot of stops. As they turned, both Troopers recognized the General Lee with the windows (What little windows there were) fogged up.

As Luke was kissing Dixie passionately he opened his eyes to the bright light of a flash light. "Sh--!" Luke sighed.

Once she realized they had company Dixie gasped.

The voice behind the flash light said, "State Police. Get out of the car."

Now Luke was really cursing! He said, "Give us a second OK?"

"Where are the car keys?" Another voice asked. He was afraid Luke was going to try to pull out. It was the voice of the younger Trooper who had been looking to get a 'feather in his cap' by arresting Luke the time before.

Luke replied as he handed Dixie her clothing. "On the dash, I'll hand them to you." He was trying to buy some time. He reached for the keys and handed them to the Trooper that had the light. Luke covered Dixie the best he could while she got dressed, then he put on his jeans, took his shirt and boots with him as he got out of the car. He turned to help Dixie out of the car. Both of their appearances were a bit unorganized. After stepping into his boots Luke plopped on the hood of the General Lee as he bottoned his shirt and motioned for Dixie to take the seat beside him on the hood. She did and he wrapped his arm around her to comfort her. He whispered in her ear, "I told you there would be nights like this!" Luke had finished the last of the shine and had opened a beer prior to the Troopers arrival which he had in his hand and now took a drink.

The new Trooper asked, "Have you been drinking?"

Luke knew that they had him already for at least indecent exposure, but he just hoped he could talk Dixie out of trouble. So he decided to be honest with them. "Yes, I have been drinking but I didn’t intend to go anywhere until morning."

The young Trooper, taking the lead, said, "You are treaspassing on private property. I need to see your license."

Luke was more than peeved, as he handed him his driver's license.

"I want to check the registration too." said the young Trooper.

Luke replied, " Mr. Peabody has never complained about us being out here. It's over the driver's visor. I can save you the time." he said looking at Trooper Mitchell. "My license is valid with six points for racing. The registration will come back to myself and Bo Duke and expires April next year."

Trooper Mitchell waved his hand. "Let him run it. It will give him something to do. He--, I'd never have stopped!"

The younger Trooper returned. "Ok, your license checks out like you said it would. Can the young lady drive this home or do I need to call for a wrecker?"

Luke didn't want a wrecker called. Knowing all He-- would break loose when Luther Davenport had to come and pick up Dixie from the Sheriffs office without finding her out here with him. He also knew that Cooter's Dad had the wrecker after midnight. Dixie had been drinking too. He figured to play it down, hoping they would just take her home so he lied. "Well, she can't drive a standard."

The younger Trooper said to Dixie, "Well, just for the sake of knowing who's who here let me see your license."

Dixie looked at Luke. She was shaking like a leaf. Luke replied with a sigh. This was becoming a very long night, "Go ahead give him your license." He took another drink of beer.

The young Trooper asked, "Have you been drinking?"

Luke answered for Dixie. "She's had a little to drink."

Dixie handed her license to the young Trooper who wasted no time in going to run it.

Luke asked Trooper Mitchell while the other Trooper was running Dixie's license. "I figure he's already stacking charges against me. Starting with Trespassing and Indecent Exposure which is fine. But, can we keep her out of this? Maybe just take her home or call her Dad and tell him I was racing again or something?"

Dixie looked at him in utter disbelief. It had never crossed her mind that Luke would be charged for 'nothing'.

He said only loud enough for her to hear, "I'm likely not going home tonight. .... I know that, ...., and it's OK. I'm just trying to get you home without charges."

The older Trooper smiled for a brief second. "I'll do what I can to tame the 'eager beaver'."

"I'd sure appreciate it." said Luke. He again sipped the beer.

The young Trooper came back to the General Lee like the forrest was on fire, with his hand on the but of his gun, saying, "Duke, ..., get, ..... on, ....., the hood, ......, NOW!"

Luke looked confused at the Senior Trooper. Luke was getting a bit disgusted at this point. "What is his problem?" he said getting off the hood of the General Lee still holding the beer. He was making all this fuss over a couple of misdemeanors?

"Hoooawh! Calm down! What?" Trooper Mitchell said, “This is not really necessary.†He motioned to Luke to relax.

The younger Trooper showed Trooper Mitchell the licenses he had in his hands indicating the information in question.

Trooper Mitchell said showing his annoyance with the 'eager beaver', "I'll handle this! Luke is all your information correct here?"

Luke sighed as he looked at his driver's license he'd seen and shown to every law enforcement person in the Tri-Counties. "Yeah, it's right. Why?"

Trooper Mitchell just waved him off. "Miss Davenport is all your informaion correct?"

Dixie checked her license. It took a minute to find her voice when she said, "Yes, Sir, it is. What's wrong?"

Again, the Senior Trooper waved off her question. He handed Luke both driver's licenses, "Tell me the names and date of births on these.

Luke read his license, "Lucas K. Duke, Jan. 10, 19?6."

Trooper Mitchell said, "And the other one?"

Luke read, "Dixie Lee Davenport, April 8, 19?0. So?"

The Trooper saw Luke's confussion. "How old are you?"

Luke replied a bit annoyed, "Twenty."

"How old is Miss Davenport?" he asked.

Luke replied very annoyed and very sure of himself, "Eighteen."

Dixie shot Luke a confussed look.

Trooper Mitchell said, "Look again. Do the Math. How old are you two?"

Luke replied, "Jan. 10, 19?6, twenty. April 8, 19?0, eight .............." There was a long silence as Luke looked at Dixie.

Dixie shook her head, 'No.' She was very innocent and confussed about what was so important about her age and what difference two years could make.

Luke stared at both the driver's licenses before him for several minutes. He sighed loudly, and said while shaking his head, "I'll be a So@-#$-@-@%$($^& SIXTEEN?" Luke gasped almost unable to breath.

Dixie was still confussed and nodded 'yes'. "Yeah. What's wrong with that?"

At this point Luke almost passed out; he still remembers his knees going so weak he had to set down on the hood of the General to keep from falling. He had been preaching to Bo since before Bo turned 18 to ID any one before he even bought them a drink, to be really careful since the law was trying to bust them they could put someone up to setting them up. He had preached and preached! He had also thought he had been so careful in this area since he had been 18. “Sixteen….. Oh, ….. Hell.†Luke looked utterly defeated at this point, but managed to try to explain, "Ever heard the term 'jail bait?'." The wind was defintely out of his sails.

Dixie replied honestly, "No? What are you all talking about?"

Luke whispered, "Sixteen? not eighteen? What was with the Big Birthday?"

Dixie was far to innocent to know what was wrong. She replied, "The eighth was a big Birthday. My sweet sixteen. Luke what is wrong?"

The look that was on Luke's face was like none Dixie had ever seen on his face before. It was of sheer TERROR!

The younger Trooper said, "Miss, you are under eighteen. He's over four years older than you. Which makes what was going on in that back seat when we came up very illegal for Mr. Duke here."

Luke was scaring her and he knew it but it was all he could do right now to breath. His chest was tight. He felt numb all over and he was struggling to breath to keep from passing out. He had been so careful to not let this happen. For the two years he could buy beer he'd ever asked his dates to see their ID before he bought them a beer, now THIS!

The young Trooper said in a voice of authority. "Mr. Duke on the car and spread 'um!"

Before moving, Luke said to Dixie, "This is all my fault. Just remember that. Nothing that happened tonight was your fault. I assumed way too much. I wouldn't have changed a thing except I would have hoped I'd have waited until you were eighteen if I weren't such a jacka-- and assumed I knew everything." he finished the three quarters of beer in one drink as he slide off the hood.

Trooper Mitchell said to Dixie, "Come on you can ride up front with me as soon as we get a wrecker out here."

Luke now knew he certainly didn't want Mr. Davenport out here to tow the General Lee under these circumstances. He said, "I'll sign a waiver or whatever. Don't call a wrecker. Mr. Peabody and all of Hazzard know this car. It will be Ok here."

The younger Trooper said, "Suit yourself!" As he began to frisk Luke who was spread eagle against the car. At the moment the Trooper placed the first handcuff on Luke, he got a glimpse of Dixie who was crying.

Luke couldn't take the fact she was hurting like this and her crying tore him apart. He pulled away heading towards Dixie. Both Troopers turned their attention on Luke. Being a bit more skilled, Trooper Mitchell downed Luke. He had his left shoulder and arm behind his back and was putting pressure on it. Luke was still fighting. Trooper Mitchell applied more pressure as he said, "Calm down! I can, ...., and will, ......., break it!" he cranked the arm even harder. Finally Luke felt the pain above the adrenaline rush he had gotten when he saw Dixie crying and relaxed, letting the Trooper cuff him. Luke would be sorry of that move tomorrow when the moonshine wore off and his shoulder began to hurt.

Trp. Mitchell had always been a close friend of the Dukes but had to do his job. Once Trooper Mitchell got him to the car he said, "Luke I'm going to cut you as big a break as I can. Even after THAT stunt. I'm only charging you with Indecent Exposure, Public Intoxication , two counts of Contributing to the Deliquency of a Minor and now Resisting Arrest instead of the Felony."

Luke looked at him in disbelief.

The Trooper continued. "However, if her Father pushs, I'll have to drop one Contributing and charge you with the Felony charge of Statutory Rape ***** in which case one count of the contributing would be dropped. Understood?"

Luke felt a slight relief but was sure it would be short lived once Mr. Davenport found out.

The younger Trooper said, "What?"

Trooper Mitchell told him, "I'll be writing this report."

The younger Trooper stomped to his side of the car.

***** Statutory Rape is defined as a n. ---- Sexual relations with a person who has not reached the statutory age of consent.(even if both parties participate willingly)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rosco was at his desk when the Troopers brought Luke in to the jail. Dixie was told to take a seat at Rosco's desk which she did. Rosco had no idea what was going on. He said, "You can just put him up here until we process him." referring to the upstairs cell.

Luke managed to find his voice, "Rosco if it's all the same to you. I'd just as soon go downstairs. It will probably be safer there once Luther is called."

Rosco raised his eyebrows and looked to Trooper Mitchell who nodded in agreement with Luke.

Luke was booked. Dixie’s father called to pick her up and to see what he wanted done with Luke. Dixie’s father and Cooter were furious!! He wanted the book thrown at Luke. Luke could hear the commotion upstairs. He expected at any minute Luther and or Cooter to storm down the stairs leading to the cells. What Luke didn't know was that it had taken both Troopers, Rosco, Dixie's pleading, and promises of their own arrests to convience them both to leave the jail. Cooter even told them at one point to arrest him and put him downstairs with Luke.

When Peggy arrived downstairs, Luke was setting on the bunk Indian style. He had been staring at nothing replaying the nights events when he heard footsteps on the steps. He turned to look at Peggy as she asked Luke, "Do you want to make a call now?"

"What time is it?" asked Luke.

Peggy looked at her watch, "Three thirty."

Luke shook his head, "Not now, there's nothing Jesse can do until morning anyway. Unless Luther wakes him now it will be better to call about five thirty, if that's Ok?"

Peggy gave him a slight smile. "It will be fine. I'll let get the phone for you then."

Luke knew no news was good news but had to ask, "I heard," he nodded towards the steps. "Did Trooper Mitchell change the charges yet?" he asked glummly.

"He told Mr. Davenport what he charged you with. He also told him what you could be charged with, then he said he'd give him until tomorrow to think about it. For now they stand the same as he told you." Peggy explained.

###################

DUE TO THE LENGTH OF THIS STORY I'LL BE STARTING THE NEXT POST ON "LUKE'S FIRST LOVE -- PART 3" I hope you all are enjoying this as much as I am writing it. I BET Jesse is going to be MAD at someone!!!!