1985 (final season)

Did I miss something here? An alien?

Must've lost interest the Dukes back then.

I looked on wikipedia and was wondering if these different story plots are the reason why the show came to an end.

Discuss anything in the final season here.

Strange Visitor to Hazzard. Obviously the writers were trying to capitalize off the success of E.T.

Worst. Episode. Ever.

One thing season 7 sure gave us is some unique episodes.

It started off with "Happy Birthday General Lee". I don't think I blinked the entire show. I wanted to learn everything I could about the birth of the most famous car in history.

For the second episode, the dream of all country music Dukes fans came true and Waylon finally got his handsome face on TV in Hazzard County.

The Dukes took a trip to California in episode 6.

We got to learn about the ancestors of the Dukes, Hoggs, Coltranes and Davenports in ep 8. There was a more than slight resemblence to today's residents of Hazzard County.

The Duke boys' hero, Cale Yarborough showed up again in ep 9.

Enos and Daisy almost got married in ep 16

The Great Coltrano wrapped up the show with the final act.

Maybe an alien and a robot did cut into the quality script writing we were used to, but all in all, it was a pretty awesome season (except for the part where it all ended)

Whenever I watch that episode, I often wonder how difficult it was for the actors to pull it off. I wonder if they complained about it. After all, I'm sure they were smart enough to know it wasn't going to turn out too well.

If it were me, I think I might've walked off the set. LOL. Talk about a horrendous crash... and burn. LOL.

The only thing sadder than that is his tribute to Boss on the reunion show. If that can't make a Dukes fan cry, nothing can. When I met James Best last year, I told him how emotional that scene was for me. He got a little choked up when he told me how much he misses Sorrell. I could tell he wasn't acting.

Jimmie and Sorrell were pretty close. Jimmie had a tough time with that scene. Sorrell's daughter was on the set that day. Jimmie usually gets a scene in a few takes, but if I recall he told me he had to do multiple takes because he kept getting choked up. I wish I had been on the set that day for that scene. That was one of the days of filming I missed. *sigh*

• 5 weeks later...

Also if you go on youtube and look up final episode on set or something after they are done john says that is a rap and some other things and you can here tom say hallalujua or however it is spelled that suprised me a little but after 7 years i am sure alot of them wanted to move on to other things.

You're right Kay, I can think of better plot ideas than "Strange Visitor to Hazzard"

Let me try to be positive here and word it like this.

Instead of saying it's my least favorite episode I will say that it is at the bottom of my favorite episode list.

There were a lot of good episodes in season 7 though. My 3 favorites are

Happy Birthday General Lee

Welcome Waylon Jennings

Go West, Young Dukes

You're right Kay, I can think of better plot ideas than "Strange Visitor to Hazzard"

Let me try to be positive here and word it like this.

Instead of saying it's my least favorite episode I will say that it is at the bottom of my favorite episode list.

There were a lot of good episodes in season 7 though. My 3 favorites are

Happy Birthday General Lee

Welcome Waylon Jennings

Go West, Young Dukes

I like those three as well. It seems like they are taking Smallville too long now there talking about a Ninth Season, what are they going to do bring Clark's father as a weird dream for him.

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed "Strange visitor to Hazzard" actually. I feel like season 7 was all about stretching the imagination of the dukes. It kind of showed that plots could be a tad bit more flexible. I think if there wouldve been a season 8, they wouldve expanded more on different. Who wouldnt want to see a Dukes save the world episode?

The only thing I liked about that episode of "Strange visitor to Hazzard" , was the smirk on Rosco's face when he had to convince the FBI how squirly he was, or seeing the General lee out and about at night, the only episode we ever saw the General with the lights on....

Even though the plot sucked big time, I still enjoyed the ways of Boss and Rosco, the moral of the Dukes helping strangers(even if it was an alien), and the fact that the whole cast pulled it off weither they liked to act it out or not.

yeah i totally agree with you on that dukefan, maybe thats why i still liked the episode, because they didnt make so far far out that you wouldnt recognize it as a dukes episode.

yeah exactly, huh, I am gona call you, huh,....what do I call you, Mr. Long?..just kidding longlifehazzardfan, but if you ever see me write LHF, ya know it's you.lol...

• 3 months later...

I think the only thing that I really didn't like about season 7 besides "strange visitor to hazzard" and "robot p. coltrane", is the fact that enos and daisy didn't get married in "enos and daisy's wedding" for a really stupid reason. It would've made a lot of fans happy to see them get married, because as the season went on it became obvious that daisy really did like enos, but I guess in a way it also was kinda cool how they left it in the air.