For Something Completely Different

Julieduke

Today, I did something I never tried before and that was I took the ASVAB test and I got 25 percent now Sargent Simons says this was good seeing how you need a 31 to qualify for the Military and according to this piece of paper my scores were strong for Army/Navy or Coast Guard.I can study for the test and take it again in thirty days I see what I can do.

Howdy! lol...spekin of ASVAB the sophmores in my school took that today...our scedule was all messed up thanks to it...I took it last year...I think the highest I had in any of the categories was a 75% and the lowest I had was like a 43%. It was divided into math, electronics, english, science, so on and so foth...hmmm now ya got me wonderin what my results were Im gonna have to find em again...lol....nice to know that round where I am aint the only ones takin the thangs...

Howdy! lol...spekin of ASVAB the sophmores in my school took that today...our scedule was all messed up thanks to it...I took it last year...I think the highest I had in any of the categories was a 75% and the lowest I had was like a 43%. It was divided into math, electronics, english, science, so on and so foth...hmmm now ya got me wonderin what my results were Im gonna have to find em again...lol....nice to know that round where I am aint the only ones takin the thangs...

Did you find it hard, I sure did the hardest test I've ever taken in my life.

I took the ASVAB when I was in highschool as well and both the Air Force and the Navy wouldn't leave me alone afterwards. LOL. I was constantly getting stuff in the mail and phone calls from recruiters even when I was well into college.

If I remember right I scored high on mechanical aptitude. I'da made a hell of a mechanic. Khee!

Did you find it hard, I sure did the hardest test I've ever taken in my life.

I'm not sure which is harder...the test or tryin to find my results from the test...lol....I cannot find them! GRRRRR! ANyways I thought some parts were easy and some was hard and some was average...Course I like school so maybe that has somethang to do with it....Did you like school Julie?

I took the ASVAB when I was in highschool as well and both the Air Force and the Navy wouldn't leave me alone afterwards. LOL. I was constantly getting stuff in the mail and phone calls from recruiters even when I was well into college.

If I remember right I scored high on mechanical aptitude. I'da made a hell of a mechanic. Khee!

Hmmm...I've only recieved a few thangs bout the Air Force...but they aint constantly bugged me...I betcha that was so much fun gittin all those calls n mail!...lol...Well congrats on scorin high on that! I think thats the one I got the 40 some on...lol.

I remember when I took my test for the military, there was a statement that you had to respond yes or no to. The statement was: "It botheres me when someone races a cold engine."

Well, I knew that racing a cold engine could damage it but I didn't care if someone wanted to ruin their engine so I answered "no". I'm sure it was recorded as an incorrect answer even though it was a truthful answer so it shouldn't have been incorrect.

The ironic conclusion to the story is that I ended up becoming a truck driver in the Marines!!

I'm not sure which is harder...the test or tryin to find my results from the test...lol....I cannot find them! GRRRRR! ANyways I thought some parts were easy and some was hard and some was average...Course I like school so maybe that has somethang to do with it....Did you like school Julie?

Hmmm...I've only recieved a few thangs bout the Air Force...but they aint constantly bugged me...I betcha that was so much fun gittin all those calls n mail!...lol...Well congrats on scorin high on that! I think thats the one I got the 40 some on...lol.

I like school yes, but there's some subjects that was hard for me like Geometry and there seemed to be alot of the on that test.

I remember when I took my test for the military, there was a statement that you had to respond yes or no to. The statement was: "It botheres me when someone races a cold engine."

Well, I knew that racing a cold engine could damage it but I didn't care if someone wanted to ruin their engine so I answered "no". I'm sure it was recorded as an incorrect answer even though it was a truthful answer so it shouldn't have been incorrect.

The ironic conclusion to the story is that I ended up becoming a truck driver in the Marines!!

Oh I had heard from my Father's Family that my Grandpa Szenger was a Merchant Marine but I can't find any proof it yet. But it had been during the World War II or afterwards because he married my Grandma in 1940 and my dad was born in 1941. But it would explain the quick time from the time my Grandparents met and their wedding now. I wonder sometimes was my early on right on time, of course I'll never know that answer now, and besides they was married June 01, 1940 and my dad was born March 16, 1941 which leaves less than ten months now.

Took this test a couple of months ago, found most of the subjects on it pretty simple. Dunno how I done on it, as we were suppose to go over the test results on Friday, had no school then due to snow....woot! Anyways, I'd like to know how I've done on it seeing as how I want to join either the Marines or Air Force when I'm out of high school.

All of our sophmores had to take that while all the juniors were taking the PSAT.

Honestly, I think some students could benefit from military life and I encourage all of my students to take even if they have no intentions of entering the military. Simply because some colleges like to know your scores on those things.