First meeting of the Book Club, Fic in review "Dark Ripples" by Jax

Val Strate

Howdy,

Well our first meeting didn't go so well. It was a flop. No one showed. Oh well.

I'm trying a new approach, having an open thread for the book club.

Our fic that was in review, was "Dark Ripples" by Jax. In order for this to work, people need to read the fic and come up with questions or answer the questions that other readers put out there. There also might be questions for the author. Please say who you are directing questions to in your post. I'll start us off. Remember, that this thread has spoilers in it. So if you didn't read the fic, you're going to be spoiled by reading this.

To readers:

What did you think of the story?

Was the characterization correct in your mind for the characters?

What was your favorite part of the fic?

If there was anything you'd want to change what would it be?

To the author:

What inspired you to create this fic?

If you could change anything what would it be?

I'll make comments about these questions later after some folks have had a chance to answer. Remember, no bashing.

I hope this thread would be better than the chat.

I'll try to help you.

Anyway, speaking 'bout this story:

1) I liked it. Very scaring. A real Halloween story.

2) Characterization is very good. It seems to see uncle Jesse, Bo, Luke and Daisy as they were in the real show. Especially uncle Jesse's love for his nephews; so well described.

3) Favourite part? Mhhhh, that black car and how it appeared (with dark clouds and that devilish wind) made me shiver. I liked how Jax describes characters reaction at this.

4) Anything to change? :) Well, a huge Enos's fan like me would like to see a bit of Enos in the fic. I missed him.

I hope this thread would be better than the chat.

I'll try to help you.

Anyway, speaking 'bout this story:

1) I liked it. Very scaring. A real Halloween story.

2) Characterization is very good. It seems to see uncle Jesse, Bo, Luke and Daisy as they were in the real show. Especially uncle Jesse's love for his nephews; so well described.

3) Favourite part? Mhhhh, that black car and how it appeared (with dark clouds and that devilish wind) made me shiver. I liked how Jax describes characters reaction at this.

4) Anything to change? :) Well, a huge Enos's fan like me would like to see a bit of Enos in the fic. I missed him.

Yes indeed, I loved Jax's use of Uncle Jesse. She hit the nail right on the head with her characterization of him. She used him very well to help weave the story together along with Sam and Dean. Genius.

I do agree, there needs to be Enos in the fic. *chuckle* Maybe this is a added challenge for Jax in the ahem 'Christmas Sequel'?

Thank you for your comments i1976, great to hear your opinions. I hope this thread works out better then the chat as well.

To readers:

What did you think of the story?

Was the characterization correct in your mind for the characters?

What was your favorite part of the fic?

If there was anything you'd want to change what would it be?

Just finished....

1. It was good.

2. Yeah

3. Min being involved.

4. Nothing. The story had a decent balance of drama & comedy.