Who owns a General Lee besides me???

GeneralLeeOwner

• 1 month later...
Hey ya'll,

I am 13 and decided it was time to get a car. Being a DOH fan, I bought a General Lee. I want to know out of all of Hazzard net, who owns a General Lee. And yes, I have already made 'friends' with the Sherrif of Cumberland County.:depufight:

13 years old and YOU bought a genereal lee, and I am suppose to believe that????

NO offense, but I have a hard time believing that??? TomBo, bought a '70 charger and transformed it into A '69 charger GENERAL LEE . He also posted all the works he had to ggo through to get to the final product, his very own General lee, fill with labor of love.

IF he bought one. More like his daddy bought it for him.I'm not believing that story either.He'd had to save every penny since day one to afford a real car or like I said his family is loaded with money. Being 13 he can't drive it anyway not legally.Minimum age is 15 and a half most states and that's with a learners permit. Post some legitimate pictures then we might believe you. I bought mine at 17 but that was 28 years ago and I worked for the money. In fact my avatar is right after it was painted in 1982. Even a badly done replica will run you at least 10,000$.I don't know too many average 13 year olds have that kind of money.

Edited by TimDuke

IF he bought one. More like his daddy bought it for him.I'm not believing that story either.He'd had to save every penny since day one to afford a real car or like I said his family is loaded with money. Being 13 he can't drive it anyway not legally.Minimum age is 15 and a half most states and that's with a learners permit. Post some legitimate pictures then we might believe you. I bought mine at 17 but that was 28 years ago and I worked for the money. In fact my avatar is right after it was painted in 1982. Even a badly done replica will run you at least 10,000$.I don't know too many average 13 year olds have that kind of money.

exactly, TimDuke, and 28 yrs ago , parts was not as high as they are now, restoring , even just putting it in it's original condition cost a ton of money, let along making a General lee out of it.

To buy an already done up General lee will be way over $25, 0000 at least. In our auto trader, I found a '69 charger , and it was iin ruff shape, and yet the price sticker was still 12,000 dollars to get it.

Agreed. Even "IF" his daddy bought one for him the fact remains he cannot legally be driving it. He has implied that he has been driving it.NOPE don't believe it.He hasn't responded to his original post or any of us so let us call a spade a spade or a liar a liar.If he posts multiple pics as dukefan pointed out of the car, him inside it, pics of the registration.I'll gladly eat a bunch of crow and apologize. I don't think you can even legally own a car if you are a minor in most states someone correct me if I'm wrong. I believe that a title is technically a legal contract and minors can't enter into legal contracts.In fact I do seem to recall that when I was 17 My dad had to put the car in his name until I turned 18 even though I paid the money for it.

Agreed. Even "IF" his daddy bought one for him the fact remains he cannot legally be driving it. He has implied that he has been driving it.NOPE don't believe it.He hasn't responded to his original post or any of us so let us call a spade a spade or a liar a liar.If he posts multiple pics as dukefan pointed out of the car, him inside it, pics of the registration.I'll gladly eat a bunch of crow and apologize. I don't think you can even legally own a car if you are a minor in most states someone correct me if I'm wrong. I believe that a title is technically a legal contract and minors can't enter into legal contracts.In fact I do seem to recall that when I was 17 My dad had to put the car in his name until I turned 18 even though I paid the money for it.

10-4 on that Tim, car has to be in the parents name until they reach the legal age to transfer ownership. Down here, a dad or mom, can give the car to their child, and it only cost the price of registration, providing of course it is insured first.:)

It's hard to say but I think that post was just a hoax. I didn't even understand that comment about the sheriff. Did anybody else?

Remember, it's the internet. Even though most HazzardNet folks are honest, there's still bound to be a prankster or too passing through Hazzard County pretending to be someone they're not.

Well, I have to go now, Mondays are the nights I usually spend polishing my Mr. Olympia trophy. Now, where'd I leave it? Oh yea, it's in the front seat of my Lamborguini. I bet I'm the only one on the HazzardNet that has a Lamborguini painted like the General Lee.