A note...

pendragon1980

I wouldn't usually get a message like this on a public forum, but my methods of communications to the group I would like to get in contact with is rather limited. But I'll keep this short.

Several weeks ago, I made a right ass out of myself to several friends on this forum, friends I'm been with for years, friends who have been with me through my lowest and best days, friends whose presence I felt even when not online.

But in the heat of the moment argument, I lost those friendships, probably forever. I am willing to live with my decision because I do not think I would be taken back now.

But I do miss them.

I just wanted you to know, my friends, if you are reading this. You are not forgotten.

Mush,

Doc

I wouldn't usually get a message like this on a public forum, but my methods of communications to the group I would like to get in contact with is rather limited. But I'll keep this short.

Several weeks ago, I made a right ass out of myself to several friends on this forum, friends I'm been with for years, friends who have been with me through my lowest and best days, friends whose presence I felt even when not online.

But in the heat of the moment argument, I lost those friendships, probably forever. I am willing to live with my decision because I do not think I would be taken back now.

But I do miss them.

I just wanted you to know, my friends, if you are reading this. You are not forgotten.

Mush,

Doc

Ive lost alot of friends too on the internet here and at school and it sucks

But I do miss them.

Mush,

Doc

I'm really sorry to read that. You have an email.

But I do miss them.

Mush,

Doc

It takes a lot of guts to air something this personal out in public. Alex, your reply to Doc sounds less than receptive, and I chalk that up to your calcified nature. Hold a grudge if you want, but you'll be holding it alone.

Doc, welcome back. I know some circumstances have changed in life, but that doesn't mean any friendships have to end. I'd rather have you here than not, and be able to talk to you than not. I know an olive branch when I see one, and I'm happy to accept it.

Because I'm gonna need it to beat Alex over the head with.

Seriously, life's too short to keep score over who said what and who got feelings hurt over what. I'm wiping the slate clean. Hell, if I held grudges or had grudges held against me, I wouldn't have any friends at all by now.

It's enuff for me that you came back. If you really didn't care, you wouldn't have made the effort.

Heres's to fresh starts.

:whitewine:

Mush back at ya,

Brian

It takes a lot of guts to air something this personal out in public. Alex, your reply to Doc sounds less than receptive, and I chalk that up to your calcified nature. Hold a grudge if you want, but you'll be holding it alone.

Doc, welcome back. I know some circumstances have changed in life, but that doesn't mean any friendships have to end. I'd rather have you here than not, and be able to talk to you than not. I know an olive branch when I see one, and I'm happy to accept it.

Because I'm gonna need it to beat Alex over the head with.

Seriously, life's too short to keep score over who said what and who got feelings hurt over what. I'm wiping the slate clean. Hell, if I held grudges or had grudges held against me, I wouldn't have any friends at all by now.

It's enuff for me that you came back. If you really didn't care, you wouldn't have made the effort.

Heres's to fresh starts.

:whitewine:

Mush back at ya,

Brian

Um my post was a hint Brian...maybe it was too cryptic. I dont need to be beaten over the head with anything. Though Id like to borrow that branch and beat someone else with it...

:fryingpan: <---Daney

Are you kidding, I'll take the public airing of private angst any day. Whatever stance one takes on the HNet forums, for good or ill, is like putting your money where your mouth is.

Alex, here's something you rarely hear me say... leave Daney alone. She was only trying to help in her own way. I'm sure there's enough mortification to go around by now.

I'm still welcoming Doc et all back to the fold.

Brian

Are you kidding, I'll take the public airing of private angst any day. Whatever stance one takes on the HNet forums, for good or ill, is like putting your money where your mouth is.

Alex, here's something you rarely hear me say... leave Daney alone. She was only trying to help in her own way. I'm sure there's enough mortification to go around by now.

Brian

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on this, Brian. Somethings are best done in private. I'm sure there's plenty of private angst you (and I and plenty of others) have preferred to not air in public. I think y'all need to take this into IM or something.

This isn't "How HazzardNet Turns".... LOL.

Brian

Okay okay Ill put my big stick away... You really prefer the public approach? Well all right then... hows this...

Doc... We do need to talk, but like Brian said, sometimes friendships can take a licking and keep on ticking, or words to that effect.

:whitewine: *tapping glass to Brian's* Welcome back with mush..

*sips wine*

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on this, Brian. Somethings are best done in private. I'm sure there's plenty of private angst you (and I and plenty of others) have preferred to not air in public. I think y'all need to take this into IM or something.

This isn't "How HazzardNet Turns".... LOL.

Nobody is swearing here or really getting out of line. I don't think anybody was going to post specific details or have it get into a full-on fracas.

And we can't always AIM because all parties involved are not on the same schedules.

So that leaves a trail of multiple email threads, or the bold route, being public affirmation via HNet. Personally I think this is the higher road so long as it remains respectful and doesn't go beyond the usual minor scrapping.

HNet united us to begin with. For HNet to be the place where we reconcile is completely appropriate, in my book.

But you're the boss. You can delete this whole topic, though I'd rather you didn't.

Nobody is swearing here or really getting out of line. I don't think anybody was going to post specific details or have it get into a full-on fracas.

And we can't always AIM because all parties involved are not on the same schedules.

So that leaves a trail of multiple email threads, or the bold route, being public affirmation via HNet. Personally I think this is the higher road so long as it remains respectful and doesn't go beyond the usual minor scrapping.

HNet united us to begin with. For HNet to be the place where we reconcile is completely appropriate, in my book.

But you're the boss. You can delete this whole topic, though I'd rather you didn't.

I wasn't planning on deleting it. My point was that I think this is the business of those involved and not the business of the rest of the HazzardNet members. If you would like me to create a private forum to facilitate discussion among those involved, I will do so.

I wasn't planning on deleting it. My point was that I think this is the business of those involved and not the business of the rest of the HazzardNet members. If you would like me to create a private forum to facilitate discussion among those involved, I will do so.

I look at it this way. If "Doc" Pendragon was awright with making the opening gesture in front of everybody, I'm awright with responding in front of everybody. If any of the involved parties would rather not say anything in this thread, they don't have to. They can email as they choose or try to coordinate schedules to yap in AIM. I'm not holding a gun to anybody's head. (Tho' it would accelerate the diplomatic process, no doubt!)

Besides, there's also value in showing that sometimes people here have a disagreement or misunderstanding and it can still be worked out. I'm not speaking for everybody and assuming everything is going to be happily ever after. All I want is civil discourse. Anythang else is a bonus.

To quote that famous philosopher (and blacksmith) Jeeter Davenport...

"I ain't been in a good scrap since the second Bull Run."

(Sorry, just injecting a little humor here. Sometimes that's the best way to turn things around)

That's the spirit. This isn't a scrap at this point, it's a reconciliation. But boy howdy you shoud see our scraps. Or maybe you have already. Heh!

I look at it this way. If "Doc" Pendragon was awright with making the opening gesture in front of everybody, I'm awright with responding in front of everybody. If any of the involved parties would rather not say anything in this thread, they don't have to. They can email as they choose or try to coordinate schedules to yap in AIM. I'm not holding a gun to anybody's head. (Tho' it would accelerate the diplomatic process, no doubt!)

Besides, there's also value in showing that sometimes people here have a disagreement or misunderstanding and it can still be worked out. I'm not speaking for everybody and assuming everything is going to be happily ever after. All I want is civil discourse. Anythang else is a bonus.

I understand where you're comin' from, but sometimes more open and honest communication can be done behind closed doors, that's all I'm sayin'.

Okay....as one of the involved parties, I'm sticking my two cents worth in - public or private, an apology is an apology, and as I've already done so in private, I'm now publicly welcoming Pendragon back.

We don't all need to go into the details on this site, but...I'm glad to welcome Pendragon back to the HNet family.

Much Mush.

LS3

Okay....as one of the involved parties, I'm sticking my two cents worth in - public or private, an apology is an apology, and as I've already done so in private, I'm now publicly welcoming Pendragon back.

We don't all need to go into the details on this site, but...I'm glad to welcome Pendragon back to the HNet family.

Much Mush.

LS3

Great! Drinks are all on Brian! :beer:

Nothing like having the olive branch thrown back into one's face.

I'm sorry, Alex, for you, I'm not reextending it.

*sighs heavily* Guess you were right MeadowMufn about things being handled in private versus public...messages can get misinterpreted, even when you post the message directly in later posts.

*sets down the wine glass* Brian, if you still feel the need to beat me go ahead, guess theres a use for that olive branch after all...

Nothing like having the olive branch thrown back into one's face.

I'm sorry, Alex, for you, I'm not reextending it.

I think you should reconsider that decision (and probably read the rest of the thread before you comment). You two need to talk privately, openly, and honestly. It's clear there have been misunderstandings that need to be resolved.

I think you should reconsider that decision (and probably read the rest of the thread before you comment). You two need to talk privately, openly, and honestly. It's clear there have been misunderstandings that need to be resolved.

I've said what needed to be said, Mufn. You can lock this thread now or do whatever with it you must. I apologize for airing my dispute on a public forum.

Doc, Alex, you both should take Brian's advice. Alex has made it clear to me that he wants to resolve things and be friends again with you, Doc. If you are sincere in your apology, and I have no reason to believe you aren't given Sheep's and Brian's posts, you will take him up on it and TALK. Friendships need to be constantly worked on and nourished, through good times and bad.

I will keep this thread open until everyone involved agrees they want it closed.

Maybe I shouldn't put my opinion in, but I'm going to anyway...

Things get said in anger, and in frustration, and just because we're human. I won't point fingers at anyone or anythig, but I personally would like to see the olive branch extended again between Pendragon and Alex...

The thing is that extending it is only half the equation...it has to be accepted openly, and with grace.

I would hope that a friendship as strong as yours was would not be torn apart, as it appears to be now.

But to all those involved, you are all my friends, you will continue to be so - even if I am just a frustrated human on occasion.

LS3