Happy 30th Birthday Dukes of Hazzard

TimDuke

Thanks for sharing that with us Tim. Even though I'm a northerner, I was in that part of the country on that day. I was going through Marine Corps boot camp in South Carolina at the time. Unfortunately, I didn't see the General Lee running around anywhere. Come to think of it, where I was at (3rd Battalion) I didn't see a whole lot of any kind of cars.

Kinda disappointed at the lack of response to this post. Come on people!!! I know most of you don't or won't consider it "Officially a birthday" until Jan 26 of next year the actual first air date but it started filming on the date above. This entire site devoted to the show and only 1 person responds to it???? Whats up with that? That was an historic day!!!

I agree Tim. I was surprised about the lack of responses too since 30 years is a pretty big milestone. There's one thing I've noticed about the Hazzardnet....things kinda go in spurts. For a few weeks people are posting stuff like crazy and then things slow down for awhile and then the cycle continues. Things seem to be a little slow the last several days but I'm sure they'll pick up soon...they always do.

A lot of us have jobs and school and stuff that interferes at some times more than others, too. I know I sure do. I only check the forums every week or so anymore.

Actually, I think that is a pretty historic date and thanks for sharing it. I prefer to think of November '78 as being the beginning myself simply because, since that was when it was filmed, the weather and all points to the story as happening then. It "places" it... no matter when it was finally aired. I kinda do that with all the episodes - think of them in film-date order rather than air-date, when that differs. It just makes lots of sense that way... watching seasons change (as much as they ever did in California but if you've lived there you can spot the signs... plus willful thinking, lol) and such.

A lot of us have jobs and school and stuff that interferes at some times more than others, too. I know I sure do. I only check the forums every week or so anymore.

Actually, I think that is a pretty historic date and thanks for sharing it. I prefer to think of November '78 as being the beginning myself simply because, since that was when it was filmed, the weather and all points to the story as happening then. It "places" it... no matter when it was finally aired. I kinda do that with all the episodes - think of them in film-date order rather than air-date, when that differs. It just makes lots of sense that way... watching seasons change (as much as they ever did in California but if you've lived there you can spot the signs... plus willful thinking, lol) and such.

Well back on November 7, 1978 I was three years old and my older brother Johnny was six years old at the time and our baby brother was only Nine Months old so I don't think I would remember that day that well. But thanks for sharing the birthday with me thow that was pretty nice to read about.

I am excited as well! I haven't been around that much myself because of work, etc.. but I'm glad I checked the site today as the beginning of filming I would consider worth celebrating, even moreso than the premiere of the show itself.

I too was only 5yrs old at the time and was in Arizona, so sadly I didn't get to partake at all. :(

-Dave