Asperger's Syndrome Information

Redneck girl 01

Howdy Y'all! For my childcare class in school we have to do a report on children with special needs. I chose Asperger's Syndrome because the first three I wanted had been picked. I have a good bit of research done but if anyone here know's of any really good sites that have info or books or anything like that could ya please tell me? Also since Chasen (John's Son) has it...if anyone would know of or have a really good picture of him with or without his dad in it point me in the direction. I have to make a powerpoint presentation also ...on it so I need pictures of people that have it to make my point that they look like normal people...If that makes sense...also with him since he has had a few parts in Secret Life of the American Teenager I can say something to the effect that people with it can live normal lives and go beyond that...I ain't sure on how to word it yet...So if anyone can help...Please and Thank You! I hope that made a little sense.

Here are a few sites that I hope help. Asperbergers Syndrome is actually a mild form of autism. Children can communicate but in a very limited way. The only thing I can suggest is lots and lots of research. WebMD is a good place to start looking.

Arty

http://www.udel.edu/bkirby/asperger/aswhatisit.html

http://www.aspergers.com/

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/asperger/detail_asperger.htm

You could also give a literary advice in your presentation:

"The curious incident of the dog in the night-time", of Mark Haddon, a book which is written from the perspective of a boy with Asperger's syndrome. Haddon's knowledge of Asperger's syndrome comes from his work with autistic people as a young man.

I read it, and I liked it.

Edited by i1976

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Y'all thanks fer the information...My presentation ended up bein 30 minutes long and my report 5 pages...n I actually read some of the book since the teacher said I should...what I read was interestin...I aint got a grade yet but I think that I did pertty good...I had everythang the teacher asked for and then some...so thanks again! n then when we got to the slide on the powerpoint that had John n Chasen we kinda got off topic n started talkin bout the Dukes n John...n all the girls sayin that they thought he looked really good fer as old as he was...and then they was like thats Bo off the Dukes of hazzard n so on n so forth it was funny...but thanks again! :)