Rural Hazzard landmarks for our Ranch ??

coronet440

Added a few more signs/locations this summer. Turned the old milk shed in to Cooters Garage and found a spot I named "Dead End Canyon"

Cooters-1.jpg

Cooters-2.jpg

Also added some non-Hazzard related spots;

"Hudson Lake" a little spring we named for our youngest son

"2 Spikes Point" named for a small elk massacre during elk season a few years ago

"Miles Point" named for my deceased Grandfathers old hunting stand

"The Shooting Range" - where we target practice, I don't think there were any Hazzard locations that would relate to a gun range were there?

I hope to get the mine shaft entrance put up this year but it's gotten so dry that fire season is effect early so I won't be doing a lot of off-trail work for awhile.

Jordan

Looks like you're still having fun on the ranch - keep up the good work.

I don't mean to be critical but be careful about those old refrigerators. If kids play hide and seek the results can be tragic.

In one of the early drafts of the script for 'Back to the Future' they were going to use a refrigerator for the time machine. It was changed to the DeLorean because they were worried that kids would try to copy the movie and get trapped.

Sweet! I was just wondering if you were still adding things.

I don't mean to be critical but be careful about those old refrigerators. If kids play hide and seek the results can be tragic.

Yeah I've heard of that happening, I might make a plate to screw to the side and door to keep the door from opening at all that way we can still use it for decor. Or just throw a paddle-lock latch on it.

Keep up the good work coronet.

I don't recall any shooting ranges in Hazzard County. When Daisy was trying out to be a deputy (Officer Daisy Duke season 2) she had to qualify with her pistol but I wouldn't really call that a shooting range. Also, the Amazon Archery Club were shooting bows and arrows but I wouldn't really call that a range either.

There were military reserves training fields on Coy Meets Girl (season 5) and Cale Yarborough comes to Hazzard (season 7).

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I'd really like to come up with something for the lower left and lower right sides of the map, we don't have much to reference those areas. The lower right corner is flat and mostly open, the lower left is steep and covered in timber. When our kids (currently age 3 and 7) get older we might make them a track for their quads in the lower right but for now they just ride in a big flat circle out in the meadow in front of the Boars Nest;

Hudson-Miles-2012-09-29.jpg

They love Dukes stuff, that is for sure. Our 3 year old, Hudson, loves to play with the General Lee I made in Forza on the Xbox 360;

Hudson-2012-08-14.jpg

Miles and Hudson love their Dukes of Hazzard slot track;

Hudson-Miles-2012-07.jpg

And of course you gotta have a home-made 01 hat;

Hudson-2012-09-29.jpg

'Yellow Pine Lumber Co.' doesn't sound too bad. I'm not sure though since we already have the Hazzard Sawmill.

I'm also considering making that whole corner "Chickasaw County" since there were so many run-ins with Sheriff Little. Plus that is a corner of the map we rarely go to since there isn't any good roads over there yet.

• 11 months later...
It's probably 2 years too late, but here's my version of the Boars Nest sign. I did it because I was thinking of getting it printed on a T-shirt. The artwork is all in outline, so it could easily be cut in vinyl, or scaled large for printing. You'll see I used it for my avatar. PM me if it's any use.

BoarsNest.jpg

Did you do this one too?

boarsnest2.jpg

If so, I just used it to order a 3'x6' vinyl banner from buildasign.com, they were running a special, $20 shipped for that size. I'm not sure how it will turn out, i forgot to make it vector based so it might end up pixelated. But I've never ordered something from them so we'll see.

Did you do this one too?

boarsnest2.jpg

If so, I just used it to order a 3'x6' vinyl banner from buildasign.com, they were running a special, $20 shipped for that size. I'm not sure how it will turn out, i forgot to make it vector based so it might end up pixelated. But I've never ordered something from them so we'll see.

Yes, that one is mine too. If you make a 3' x 6' banner out of that artwork, it's going to be pixelated. The last time I supplied the logo as vector artwork it somehow made its way onto the internet, and I've had to stop at least two companies using the artwork without my permission. PM me and we might be able to work something out :).

Yes, that one is mine too. If you make a 3' x 6' banner out of that artwork, it's going to be pixelated. The last time I supplied the logo as vector artwork it somehow made its way onto the internet, and I've had to stop at least two companies using the artwork without my permission. PM me and we might be able to work something out :).

Hoss, if you're not making a living as a graphic designer, you missed your calling. ;)

Cool. I'll take a picture of it when I get it, if it looks ok from 50' that's fine, if it sucks completely I'm only out $20. It is just for fun and I'm going to hang it on the opposite side of the bus, under the awning;

Boars-1.jpg