tom caught with weed?

Dixie_Nachelle01

wow reading through i'm almost sorry i posted this. i'm sorry if i made anyone mad but i just thought i would share this info. and you know they do say that lots of drugs (like weed) r even found on money. not much but some. so it is possible that it just rubbed off on him. i kinda doubt it though cause they found it in his pocket (i think) correct me if i'm wrong, i'll have to read it again. but like he said, it was only 1.2 grams. and so far it hasn't been affecting his career. and it's not like he denied it. he payed on the spot. so maybe he realized that he made a mistake and learned from it. again sry for starting stuff but it is nice to see what other ppl have to say on the topic.

Hey Dixie,

Oh, please don't feel bad about posting this. Thank you for doing it! You were just bringing some news to us Duke's fans. And, everyone was just responding about how they felt. I don't think anyone is getting mad at one another (at least, that I'm aware of). We are all just putting our thoughts down for others to read. So, I really do admire you for posting this.

Everyone is going to have a different viewpoint on this, and that's normal. But, like I've said before, I have always admired this group because they are honest in how they feel about a subject manner, but yet so tactful in how they handle one another's differing viewpoints. Hats off to everyone here on HazzardNet and a giant YEEEEHAAAWWW! :p

Speaking of viewpoints.....I have some right now!8-) Yes, you are right, Dixie. I have heard that there are very small traces of drugs that can be found on dollar bills. But, I find it hard to believe that you could trace that on someone. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 1.2 grams way too much to find on one individual dollar bill?

In a way, I'm kind of happy that it isn't hurting his career, but in a way I'm disapointed that more wasn't done with him. If someone else had drugs on them, wouldn't they be interrogated or something? Maybe he needs more punishment for the law, that just may force him to get the help that he probably needs.

Okay, well, I'm done for now. Thanks again, Dixie for posting this!

Laura Duke:D

Dixie_Nachelle01 - Don't be sorry for sharing this info with us. I appreciate hearing any Duke related news out there. Even the bad, though I would much rather hear the positive and happy news about them.

As for Tom's punishment, it does seem kinda lenient (Sp?) especially for someone who should have money. But other than that, I don't know how the law works with any sort of thing like that. Maybe it goes by how many offenses you have in that charge...kinda like a DUI where the third one they take the license. Or something like that - so maybe the fine or punishment gets heavier with each offense. I don't know...but it does seem kind of lenient.

Hopefully the punishment he has receieved, with prayers and help, he will be awaken with the reality of the bad choice he has made and will seek help. My prayers and thoughts are with Tom as he faces this battle, that he may see through his ways and find the help that he needs to recover.

As for Tom's punishment, it does seem kinda lenient (Sp?) especially for someone who should have money. But other than that, I don't know how the law works with any sort of thing like that. Maybe it goes by how many offenses you have in that charge...kinda like a DUI where the third one they take the license. Or something like that - so maybe the fine or punishment gets heavier with each offense. I don't know...but it does seem kind of lenient.

Since it happened in an airport, state laws, not local apply. In that respect, most states go by weight when deciding on the route to take. 1.2 grams isn't even enough to smoke so it's considered a misdemeanor and only a citation is issued. If the person can pay the fine on the spot, they are allowed to. Since airports have their own little police stations, you can pay fines immediately and have them taken care of, of course paying the fine then and there means you take a guilty plea and it goes on your record.

Hope this answers some questions.

Wow! artykidd, thanks for the info. You are so smart!

What a great group of intelligent people there are on this site!;)

Oh, sorry, this is totally off topic, but I would like to insert it, hopefully all of you don't mind. But, you know what's really fun? Driving down country roads, turning up the "Dukes of Hazzard" theme song, and driving through a bunch of leaves that have fallen on the road. You see the Dukes do it all the time, why can't the rest of us? Don't forget to do some yelling: Yeehaww!

Have a great day everyone!:-P

Thanks for the compliment Laura but I ain't all that smart. I should've typed "federal" not "state" law. By the way, 2.5 grams or less is a misdemeanor in the state of Florida and I would have to assume that most states stay pretty close to each other on that one. Misdemeanors are taken care of with a simple fine and sometimes a brief court appearance (if there is a history of possesion).

Wow! artykidd, thanks for the info. You are so smart!

What a great group of intelligent people there are on this site!;)

Oh, sorry, this is totally off topic, but I would like to insert it, hopefully all of you don't mind. But, you know what's really fun? Driving down country roads, turning up the "Dukes of Hazzard" theme song, and driving through a bunch of leaves that have fallen on the road. You see the Dukes do it all the time, why can't the rest of us? Don't forget to do some yelling: Yeehaww!

Have a great day everyone!:-P

hahaha that does sound fun. maybe when i get my license (in 6 months!!!! lol) i will try that.

Laura Duke- ya 1.2 grams is waaayyyyy too much to be found on a dollar bill.lol what i meant by that was that since u can pick it up on money maybe u can pick up larger amounts other places. but since he payed the money, i don't think he just picked it up somewhere. he probably knew what he did. but thanks for saying that ppl weren't getting too mad at each other.lol i always try to keep up on the latest dukes news and i try to get it here fast just so other fans can be informed and i always love how everyone isn't afraid to say how they really feel cause they know other ppl won't judge them. thats always great.=]]]] thanks again guys.:)

• 3 months later...

well i think everyone is a little dissapointed but people mess up in life and it happens, I dont think anyone on here cares about people having opinions I think what they are saying is that it isnt right to call him names like trouble and bad news he could have a medical condition that no one knows about or something like that he is still luke duke and still love him all the same.

i couldn't believe it either and i still kinda don't but check this out.

http://www.tmz.com/2008/09/26/tom-wopat-doob-of-hazzard/

Well, there was not much to read or anything in his defense, and that linnk looks a lot like the papers we get down here called "The enquieres ", where celebs always get trashed and stuff.

We don't know for sure if Tom actually knew about the drug in his car, why was he stopped and searched or anything, so what really happened????

Well, there was not much to read or anything in his defense, and that linnk looks a lot like the papers we get down here called "The enquieres ", where celebs always get trashed and stuff.

We don't know for sure if Tom actually knew about the drug in his car, why was he stopped and searched or anything, so what really happened????

ya TMZ does trash celebs but i saw it on other sites too. but so far he hasn't been caught again so either he got help or it never really happened in the first place. we probably will never know the full story but thats ok. as long as he's ok, i'm ok.lol

ya TMZ does trash celebs but i saw it on other sites too. but so far he hasn't been caught again so either he got help or it never really happened in the first place. we probably will never know the full story but thats ok. as long as he's ok, i'm ok.lol

what other site, I could never find any other site other then TMZ, and the fact that they said Tom paid the fine on site, does not happen. You have to go to court, then you get a fine.

I don't know about there, but down here if your cought for impaired or drugs, you get a court date and then the judge decides what penalty you get, upon the evidence provided.

Oh no!! The "Tom Caught With Weed" thread has come back to life.

I thought we were rid of that horrible beast of a thread a long time ago!!

*runs for cover*

hahaha ya i thought it was over too. especially since I WAS THE ONE WHO STARTED IT!!!!! lol

i don't remember what other sites it was on. i get these emails called google alerts. you can choose who or what to get them on and tom wopat is one of mine. so i got a few for him and his weed. haha but i'm not sure what to think about the whole thing about him paying on site. we have plenty of people getting caught with drugs up here too and they get court dates. there was actually a big drug bust down the road from me last summer and in the paper i remember it saying stuff about court dates. so i don't know about it. all i know is that he hasn't been caught again so i guess thats good.=]]