Mistakes (Bloopers)/Things I've Noticed About The Show

On 4/18/2021 at 5:28 AM, HossC said:

Not really a blooper, but an oddity. When Bo and Luke borrow Cooter's pickup near the end of 'People's Choice', Cooter says, "Do me a favor. Put a couple of dollars' worth of gas in there." Coooter was just leaving his garage where the town's gas pumps are located, so if it was low on gas, why didn't he put some in the tank?

Cousin HossC... Hey yeah. And being his own station, he could've got the gas for free. ;)

Found a great one while researching Daisy's Plymouth.  

From that car's final chase leading up to its destruction at Kissing Cliff, they recycled the same shot but reversed it.  

I first noticed it by noticing the same body damage (rear fender above the wheel) on both sides.  When I slowed it down frame-by-frame, I was shocked to see it was the EXACT SAME FOOTAGE but reversed...and that I'd never had a clue!

First time we see it is the reversed footage.  You can see on the supposed driver's side what is Luke's arm casually on the window ledge, gripping the roof...on what is actually the passenger side.  In the subsequent shot, a millisecond later, the driver can be seen gripping the wheel on the wrong side (must've gone to the UK).

One will also notice between the two shots the rear view mirror is on the wrong side, to emphasize what we have already seen.

Jt6W9P2.jpg

3Uq4Owg.jpg

Now, compare the first photo with this one, taken later in the same chase scene.  It's EXACTLY THE SAME but reversed.  Even the tree, shrubbery, position of the Sheriff car, etc....

Io2Sl6R.jpg

Edited by Andrew D Charger Chaser

• 1 month later...

K, here's a production blooper.  The VERY FIRST TIME we see Daisy's "new" car, the '71 Satellite, is Season 1 Episode 11, "Money to Burn."  It's a dramatic entrance with it coming in right under the camera before looping around to park.

I discovered while researching the black stripe that the left stripe must have been MUCH wider at the top than the right side.  You can see how it goes across the roof, and how not only is it not perfectly parallel, but that it's DRAMATICALLY wider on the left than on the right.  

I'm guessing maybe the paint crews were under a really tight deadline to throw on the same basic paint scheme of the earlier 74 Roadrunner onto the 71 Satellite?

QKA0A72.jpg

txHgMVa.jpg

EU5ircG.jpg

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, HossC said:

:previous:

It almost sounds like someone off-screen is saying it, and then Waylon says it a few seconds later.

Cousin HossC... Also in Season 3 Enos Strate to the Top when Enos is sitting in his patrol car, in the town square, and he's looking at the wanted poster of the bank robbers. They drive past him, and he says "That's them!" His mouth don't move. Also in Season 2 Jude Emery  Daisy says "Some cowboy Jude!" Her mouth don't move.

8 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

Cousin HossC... Also in Season 3 Enos Strate to the Top when Enos is sitting in his patrol car, in the town square, and he's looking at the wanted poster of the bank robbers. They drive past him, and he says "That's them!" His mouth don't move. Also in Season 2 Jude Emery  Daisy says "Some cowboy Jude!" Her mouth don't move.

I noticed this one a long time ago! It was really obvious! They should've fixed that!

• 10 months later...

Did anyone else catch the blooper in Season 4 Ten Million Dollar Sheriff? When Rosco, Cletus, and Jason Steele catch the boys in the fake General Lee that Steele had painted up to get 'em for grand theft auto? When Rosco tells 'em "Your doors are welded shut aren't they!? Well, try these doors." Luke:"What are you talkin' about?" Bo:"Rosco, yer wastin' time. We know what the Gen-" The boys open the doors and almost fall out the car. You hear Luke slam the passenger side door shut, followed by Bo slamming the driver side shut. But when they cut back to the drivers side, Bo is standing there with the door open.

• 8 months later...
On 2/7/2021 at 7:42 PM, HossC said:

'Treasure of Hazzard' was on earlier, and there's a scene near the end where Daisy and Boss are fighting over the box with the payroll in it. As the others run over, I'm not convinced that that's Denver on the right. It's odd because he's in the other scenes at the end (the inset picture is taken about 30 seconds later). What do y'all think?

DenverOrNot0216.jpg

His  hair looks more gray than white. Maybe it's the same double who was caught in the shot below from 'Mason Dixon's Girls'.

Jeep_MasonDixon.jpg

Its not tom and john either in that part of the scene

• 2 months later...
44 minutes ago, Skipper Duke said:

Anybody else catch the mistake/blooper during the chase in The Great Santa Claus Chase of Boss Hogg's Cadillac missing its bull horns hood ornament?

The bull horns get knocked off by the step ladder when Cletus crashes into Boss' Cadillac as the Dukes re-steal the Christmas trees. It may have been accidental, but the episode is consistent after that. I'm sure Cooter can re-attach them for $35.42!

BullHorns0310.jpg

1 hour ago, HossC said:

The bull horns get knocked off by the step ladder when Cletus crashes into Boss' Cadillac as the Dukes re-steal the Christmas trees. It may have been accidental, but the episode is consistent after that. I'm sure Cooter can re-attach them for $35.42!

BullHorns0310.jpg

Cousin Hoss wow! Thanks! :) I never noticed when or how it got knocked off. Yep Cooter can fix it no problem. ;)