Mistakes (Bloopers)/Things I've Noticed About The Show

Fair enough!

The only "bloopers" or "mistakes" that make it onto the screen that I ever catch are the completely obvious ones, like when Bo and Luke alternate being in the front seat of the General in the same driving sequence, or when a sound doesn't get edited out or something... Just the random ones. But it's neat to see when people can post screenshots like that of random things that just shouldn't be there, LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just spotted this in 'The Great Santa Claus Chase' from season 3. We know how close the sound stages are from my previous grab. After Bo and Luke steal Rosco's patrol car, Rosco jumps into another car saying he's 'commandering' [sic] it. As they chase around the square they head for Rhuebottom's and pass O'Connor Paint Supply, which it can clearly be seen is just a front. As the second picture shows (Cletus driving by later in the same episode), from another angle it looks like a solid building. Just to be overly pedantic, after Rosco crashes through Rhuebottom's fruit stand (which is next to Cooter's), the back projection clearly shows the Telephone Company which is on the other side of the square.

FakeStore1.jpg

FakeStore2.jpg

the picture on top you can see o'connor paint supply is fake it is fastent to a telephone pole and someone said something about luke getting in the general by opening the door it was the episode where uncle jesse and boss have a ridge runners race and they put real moonshine in jesse's car and call sherriff spke loomis and rosco is putting up detour signs and luke runs and grabs it and you can tell that he opens the door and gets in.

I've noticed this blooper in a few episodes, and I can't remember which one I grabbed it from (it was either from season 3 or 4). Sometimes, when you see a long shot of the square from high up, you can see Warner's sound stages in the background - look carefully along the top of the picture, especially above Cooter's.

SoundStage.jpg

The square is still there, right next to the sound stages, and seems relatively unchanged, except for the signage which obviously changes from show to show. Some recent images can be seen on Google Maps.

Got a question Hoss. Is this the same area where they filmed MASH? I thought it was in the same area, but I could be wrong.

Got a question Hoss. Is this the same area where they filmed MASH? I thought it was in the same area, but I could be wrong.

Good question waikiki, I had to check the addresses to be sure. MASH was made by Fox, so the sound stages used were the 20th Century Fox Studios (10201 Pico Blvd., Century City, Los Angeles). These are the Warner Brothers Burbank Studios (4000 Warner Boulevard, Burbank, California). The exterior shots for MASH were filmed at Malibu Creek State Park (1925 Las Virgenes Road, Calabasas, California), which is less than 40 miles from Golden Oak Ranch and Valencia Oaks Movie Ranch where most of the Dukes' exterior shots were filmed. The speedway circuit used in 'The Dukes Meet Cale Yarborough' and 'Carnival of Thrills' is just north of the other Dukes locations - apparently it's now used for swapmeets. IMDb's filming locations page also lists the Paramount Ranch (2813 Cornell Road, Agoura, California) as being used for 'The Late J.D. Hogg' - this is very close to the MASH location.

If anyone has additional filming locations around LA, please let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

When you watch carefully there are more continuity errors than you initially realize, and the sound stages (mentioned above) appear quite prominently in some episodes without any attempt to disguise them.

An amusing continuity error I spotted occurs during a chase around the square in 'To Catch A Duke'. Within a 5 second timeframe the appearance of Hazzard Theater changes 3 times. Meanwhile the shop next door changes from 'Julius Berg' to 'Hazzard County Telephone Company'.

TheaterChange2.jpg

TheaterChange1.jpg

TheaterChange3.jpg

• 2 months later...
Add into that also there's supposed to be two people in the front of one of those generals and one in the back and there clearly isn't in those...

You can't really tell if there's someone in the backseat of the middle and farthest General,but it definatly looks as if there is someone in the passenger seat of the middle General Lee

This one is from 'R.I.P. Henry Flatt' in season 2. When Rosco and Enos chase Bo and Luke (who are driving a blue van) through the alley between 'Fanny's Fabrics' and the hotel they scatter various debris revealing one of the lamps being used to light the scene.

Spotlight0222.jpg

I love this thread. I've never spotted any of the ones listed here and it'll be fun looking for them next time I watch.

I did see one the other day. In "The New Deputy" when Officer Barnes uses the payphone, you can see the Rhuebottom's sign behind her is spelled "Rheubottoms" (no apostrophe either).

• 2 weeks later...

A couple here from 'Baa, Baa White Sheep', both involving the General on the way back from Finchburg.

When they drive up the bank to avoid Abe Lincoln's Caddy, the General slides down into a tree and hits it quite hard. I'm sure this was unintentional. Sorry the screengrab is dark - I've lightened it a bit, but it was in shadow.

GeneralTree.jpg

Shortly after this they jump the State Police car. For the jump Daisy has very obviously been replaced by a none-too-convincing dummy. The dummy seems to have lots of hair, but no face. I've inset a picture of how Daisy actually looked in that episode.

DaisyDummy.jpg

I spotted this amusing continuity error in 'The Hack of Hazzard'. As the bad guys leave in pursuit of Daisy and the mail, Uncle Jesse runs out of the Post Office. Miz Tisdale would not be pleased to see that in her absence the mailbox from the sidewalk has gone missing.

PostOffice1_0322.jpg

Luckily, while Jesse's back is turned, the mailbox reappears. The guy in the red plaid shirt also seems to have got himself a new girl :).

PostOffice2_0322.jpg

At the end of 'Diamonds in the Rough' the Dukes get presented with a commendation from the FBI. For some reason the 'Commendation' line is in a slightly larger, slightly lighter, and different typeface (compare the capital 'C' with the one in 'Citizenship'). It almost looks like there was a capital 'A' under the capital 'C'. I wonder if someone initially typed 'Accommodation' or something similar - your guess is as good as mine.

Commendation0403.jpg

In 'Miss Tri-Counties' Daisy is forced to visit the DMV to renew her license. The guy giving the test clearly asks her to read the third line on the eye chart, but the line she reads doesn't seem to appear on the chart (it's difficult to hear what she says, but I've included the subtitles in the screengrab).

EyeTest0424.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you reading the Hazzard Square thread you'll know that a lot of the action in 'The Treasure of Soggy Marsh' takes place in the street behind the County Building. The second picture in this post shows the 'Chickasaw Hardware' store. Unfortunately, the sign is still visible through the trees when we return to Hazzard later in the episode.

HazzardChickasaw.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This one's from the beginning of 'Cooter's Confession' (while the credits are still coming up). The hijackers are preparing their ambush of the truck driven by Cooter's friend Jonas Jones. The truck is supposed to be a short distance away (out of sight) and traveling towards them, but it is clearly visible parked up at the right of the picture.

Confession.jpg

• 1 month later...

In the movie 'Hazzard in Hollywood', all the vehicles are much newer and shinier than in the series. This can lead to problems, like in this scene where Patch walks around the side of his gleaming pickup truck. It's not easy to see in this still image, but in the movie you can clearly see a reflection of the film crew in the side of the truck as they follow the action. I guess I should be thankful for reflections, they've helped find a couple of locations in the Hazzard Square thread :).

FilmCrewHiH.jpg

In 'The Runaway' when Bo & Luke bail out of Daisy's car as it's headed for the cliff, you can see someone jump up from the back seat, climb over to the front seat, and stop the car.

Yes indeed! I did an article about that a couple of years ago, with screen caps here http://www.hazzardnet.com/blog/fun-stuff/the-demise-of-daisys-roadrunner/

I'm not sure we actually see the person climb into the front seat and stop the car, but they definitely pop up from the back to more than likely do just that! LOL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just finished watching Enos's Last Chance. Just after Scanlon (or Scallion as Rosco called him) escaped from jail you can see his green Chevy parked in the background as he shoots at the tires.

Also in Opening Night at the Boars Nest,as everybody pulls up outside the Boars Nest for the last time, you can see that Sonny isn't playing Enos,somebody else is. Watch carefully as boss turns away from the door,and "Enos" turns around.

Maybe someone can post a screen cap or two of each? :)