Mistakes (Bloopers)/Things I've Noticed About The Show

Here are a couple of bloopers from season 3.

In 'Hazzardville Horror' the crooks drive a blue van with "Good Neighbor Plumbing Co." written on the side and back.

GoodNeighborVan2.jpg

However, when they rob Boss at gunpoint near the end of the episode, the van has no signs on it.

GoodNeighborVan1.jpg

Near the start of 'And In This Corner, Luke Duke', Cletus helps Rosco move Boss's mirror in the Boar's Nest parking lot. As he turns it to show the approaching General, a soundman holding a boom mic is briefly visible on the left of the reflection.

Soundman0305.jpg

Edited by HossC
Typo.

• 2 weeks later...

'The Late J.D. Hogg' starts with the General towing a trailer using a substantial towbar.

TowBar1.jpg

The Dukes don't seem that concerned when they lose their trailer (which hits Rosco's patrol car), but even the towbar is missing when they eventually reach the town. Cletus does do a vehicle inspection along the way, but I didn't see the towbar when they pulled up for that either.

TowBar2.jpg

I can't believe I've never spotted this one before. 'My Son, Bo Hogg' starts with a race between Luke in the General and Bo in a car they've borrowed from Cooter. Before the titles have finished, they both crash through some road barriers.

NudgeBar1_0315.jpg

Compare the screengrab above to the one below - the General's nudge bar has come off in the collision!

NudgeBar2_0315.jpg

In case it's hard to see in the pictures above, here's the nudge bar lying on the ground as Cletus sets off in pursuit.

NudgeBar3_0315.jpg

The narrow nudge bars were often only loosely welded to the bumper, and they can be seen flexing in several episodes. I'll have to keep an eye out for more of them falling off :).

I remember seeing it first a few years ago. I was baffled when I saw it, I was 12 or so and didn't knew much background stories like how it was mounted. In those days I though it was mounted to the frame via a bar underneath the bumper.

Wasn't this one of the reasons they switched to the wide pushbar?

Roth Potter said:
In those days I though it was mounted to the frame via a bar underneath the bumper.

Wasn't this one of the reasons they switched to the wide pushbar?

One of the reasons they switched to the wider ones was because they could be welded to the chassis or frame rather than tacked onto the bumper. The narrow nudge bar was a stock item designed for pickup trucks.

Here are another couple of bloopers from 'My Son, Bo Hogg'. Several of the outdoor scenes were filmed on a soundstage, but they make it very obvious when you can see the bare walls of the soundstage behind the Boar's Nest. They could've at least put up a backdrop like they do with the Duke Farm.

BoarsNestSoundStage.jpg

When Boss gets Bo to drive his moonshine, the van is loaded nearly to the roof. It's the same with the close-ups of Bo, and at the end when they open the back doors.

VanFull0315.jpg

Yet all the long shots of Bo driving the van show a clear view through the rear windows, and no sign of 'shine.

VanEmpty0315.jpg

Edited by HossC
Typos.

• 5 weeks later...

I guess Bo must've drunk it all or dropped it off somehwere huh? LOL!! Hey, I was watching " Follow That Still" and noticed another one....When Rosco was chasing the Dukes and his car went through a tree.... as he was landing on the side of his car, the sirens were on the top, but as the car rolled over, there were no sirens on the car!

I guess Bo must've drunk it all or dropped it off somehwere huh? LOL!! Hey, I was watching " Follow That Still" and noticed another one....When Rosco was chasing the Dukes and his car went through a tree.... as he was landing on the side of his car, the sirens were on the top, but as the car rolled over, there were no sirens on the car!

I thought I'd add some pictures to Hobie's observation.

1. As the car takes off, the lightbar becomes loose.

2. The front of the patrol car is just to the right of the tree. I've arrowed the lightbar, which is falling off.

3. The patrol car lands and rolls over without a lightbar.

4. A damaged lightbar is attached to the patrol car when Bo and Luke turn around to check on Rosco.

Lightbar1_0215.jpg

A little later in the same episode, Rosco ends up in the Hazzard Pond. Even before his car hits the water, the lightbar is broken and covered with some sort black material (duck tape?). When Rosco climbs out of his submerged patrol car, the lightbar is pristine and still working. Just before the car sinks, there's a close-up of Rosco which shows that his door mirror has repaired itself!

Lightbar2_0215.jpg

• 3 months later...

Remember this one?

During the episode 'The Legacy' there are two bloopers, miss Lucinda says Cathy to Daisy and the subtitles say darling.

I watched this episode again today and noticed another blooper which was already in this recorded part. Waylon says that Emery made the arrest, but in the whole episode was no emery! It was Wilbur Fudge!

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

:previous:

I've highlighted the visible camera mount on the hood in 'Dukes Meet Cale Yarborough', and I thought I'd mentioned the interior of Cale's car changing color when they paint the exterior (if I did, it must be in another thread), but I think the disappearing roll bar is a new one.

Here's the beginning and end of Cale's test run - one with a roll bar ...

WhiteCharger1_0207.jpg

... and one without!

WhiteCharger2_0207.jpg

• 6 months later...
On 1/18/2013 at 6:54 PM, HossC said:

Here's a fairly obvious one from 'High Octane'. For most of the chase at the end of the episode Roxanne Huntley is driving a Ford Granada with round headlights (1975-77 model) ...

RoxanneCar1.jpg

... yet when she pulls up to Sweet Tillie she's driving a later model Granada (1978-80) with square headlights. Strangely, both cars seem to have the same grille. After a bit of research it appears to belong to later car (below).

RoxanneCar2.jpg

Isn't that the exact same car the FBI dudes drove in Daisy's Song?

I hardly ever catch bloopers. I'm the type of person who doesn't pay attention to details unless I'm extra focused. When I flip through this thread  I always ask myself "How did I miss that?" especially  since I've seen each episode so many times. I'd have made a terrible detective.

Edited by RogerDuke

On 1/18/2013 at 6:54 PM, HossC said:

Okay, I don't know why I can't get rid of the quote, but in Daisy's Song, from the scene of the boys driving to Atlanta, to it showing Daisy sitting in it out back, the General doesn't appear to have a roll bar.

Edited by Dixie2004

On 4/4/2012 at 4:42 AM, HossC said:

After watching the clip on YouTube I went back to my DVDs for a better quality look. The DVDs also help to give context in a longer version of the scene. Watch carefully just after Diane kisses Bo before the race - she reaches to her back pocket to pull the object out. She does this because the object is the gun used to start the race:

Diane1_0301.jpg

The other reason I'm sure it's not a mic is that the boom mic they used is visible in the center at the bottom of the screen. You can see it moving from side to side depending on who's talking.

Diane2_0301.jpg

If anyone else has a suspected blooper involving female guest stars butts, let me know ;).

Hoss, may I use the Diane pic(s) in another thread?

1 hour ago, justinpcoltrane said:

Hoss, may I use the Diane pic(s) in another thread?

Justin, you're welcome to use my pictures in other threads on HNet. Just include a quick credit/reference to where you found them - something like "Hoss posted this in the Bloopers thread".

If you use them where I think you want to use them, I nearly posted them there myself :).

• 1 year later...
On August 8, 2015 at 5:32 PM, HossC said:

:previous:

I've highlighted the visible camera mount on the hood in 'Dukes Meet Cale Yarborough', and I thought I'd mentioned the interior of Cale's car changing color when they paint the exterior (if I did, it must be in another thread), but I think the disappearing roll bar is a new one.

Here's the beginning and end of Cale's test run - one with a roll bar ...

WhiteCharger1_0207.jpg

... and one without!

WhiteCharger2_0207.jpg

Another thing to note in 'Dukes Meet Cale Yarborough' is the General Lee is a 1968 Charger.  The small round ('68) running lights are just painted over with the orange.  They didn't remove them.  A few 1968 Chargers were used in the show with '69 grills and rear tail light panels but in this episode they didn't remove the round running lights on the fenders and quarter panels, they simply painted over them.  This can be seen it other scenes in this episode.