Mistakes (Bloopers)/Things I've Noticed About The Show

There's a blooper that I only just spotted a few weeks ago - I can't believe I've been watching the Dukes for so long and missed the same goof in almost every episode.

Look at the photo below and see if you can spot it! :-o

16007847.jpg

Sorry it's a little blurry, but the General was movin', ya see!

I see no license plate.

It never made it to this thread, but I used almost exactly the same screengrab in this post in 'The Official Dukes of Hazzard Trivia Thread' (third picture). The fourth picture shows Rosco's office door with the erroneous "E" still in place.

I know the answer to the General Lee question because you mentioned it in another thread. I won't spoil the fun by posting it.

hey i dont know if this is a goof but i was watching ghost of General Lee and when Luke talks to Rosco you can see some one moving around in the jail cell behind him you see it for quite some time.

Dimples, you won't believe this, but SissyDuke asked the same question about two weeks ago. There's a picture and my brief interpretation in this post.

It never made it to this thread, but I used almost exactly the same screengrab in this post in 'The Official Dukes of Hazzard Trivia Thread' (third picture).

Sorry I missed that Hoss. Honestly, this site is sooo huge, when I joined I tried to take it all in before posting anything but I guess I didn't spot that!

I love the fact that 'someone' said "Oops! Get rid of that 'E'! :rofl:

...I know the answer to the General Lee question because you mentioned it in another thread. I won't spoil the fun by posting it.

Thanks Hoss!

but I'm still not getting what's wrong with the general.

Lizzy, there's something the General is known for, uniquely as it goes for a street car, even one that's styled after a NASCAR stockcar.

Something the General isn't supposed to be able do... ;)

Anyone caught the safety issues with the Carnival of Thrills General?

By the way, this is the General that was used in 'Arrest Jesse Duke' I believe, as it has the cut fenders to clear the 33" tyres. Anyone agree or have other information about this car?

I don't know about the cut fenders, but I think I've spotted a safety issue. I spent ages trying to find something under the hood before I realized there's a wheel nut missing.

Sorry I missed that Hoss. Honestly, this site is sooo huge, when I joined I tried to take it all in before posting anything but I guess I didn't spot that!

It's hardly surprising you missed it, it would take ages just to read through that one thread, and it isn't the first place you'd think to look. I'm sure we've all done it, and no one will jump down your throat over it.

• 2 weeks later...

Are we supposed to be looking at the reflection in the picture above?

Here's a couple I found in season 3.

In the first part of 'Carnival of Thrills' I'm sure the trunk on the 'Leap for Life' car was meant to come off when it exploded, but it comes loose as the car goes up the ramp.

LooseTrunk0301.jpg

At the end of 'Along Came a Duke' the car chase passes through the sports field of Hazzard High School. The patrol car gets hit by a javelin, but there's a covered hole visible on the hood before impact (it shows up as an indent on the left picture).

Javelin1_0317.jpg

After the javelin hits it mysteriously changes color from white to mainly orange. The hole also increases greatly in size. I guess the steam-rushing-out effect wouldn't work with the original hole.

Javelin2_0317.jpg

I just spotted this geographical mistake in High Octane. I'm sure y'all are familiar with the scene when Jesse gets pulled over at the cross roads by Rosco. Well as Boss drives off look down the road in the distance. See that big tree on the left hand side of the road?

Now look behind the approaching police car with Bo and Luke in it. See the big tree?

The first shot shows Bo and Luke coming down from the road Boss drives down, and the second shot shows Bo and Luke coming to the cross roads from the same road Jesse took.

• 2 weeks later...

I spotted this one earlier when I was watching 'Money to Burn'. When Bo and Luke return to the Coffin Works in the hearse they hide out behind some bushes until Daisy distracts the law. In the shot looking through the bushes Bo is obviously wearing his yellow shirt, as he had been earlier in the episode:

BoClothes1_0111.jpg

When it cuts to the shot from Bo and Luke's point of view they are wearing undertakers' outfits.

BoClothes2_0111.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

While I was getting screengrabs of Hazzard High School for the Hazzard Square thread recently I spotted this blooper.

In all the location shots the second athlete who lands in Boss's car has red and blue striped socks, but in the studio shot they are red and gray. In the studio shot you can also see some sort of static frame in the top right corner proving that the car is stationary.

Socks0317.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've been skipping around episodes looking for screengrabs again, and spotted a few mistakes along the way. It's clear that the props department did an excellent job, but weren't always the best spellers. If you've been reading the Patrol Cars in Pictures thread you'll know that they constantly spelled "US Marshal" as "US Marshall", and both Rosco and Jesse often had letters added to their names when they appeared on-screen. I initially took a screengrab of the competetion poster from 'High Octane' with the thought that I may reproduce it. When I looked carefully I spotted "Fuel" spelled as "Feul" in rule #2 (had someone been watching too much 'Family Feud'?) and "Detonators" spelled as "Detinators" in rule #7.

FuelPoster2.jpg

In 'The Meeting' the boys break into Cooter's through an upper window. When they drop down to the garage floor there's a plain white 4-door 1977/78 Dodge Monaco parked next to the office. Seconds later when we see the other side it's changed into a 1962 Chevy Impala 2-door. The test equipment next to the office also appears from nowhere.

WhiteCar0204.jpg

In 'Road Pirates' the hijacked driver is asked to identify the deputy who stopped him, and the blackboard is turned into an improvized height chart. I seem to recall that Rick is over six feet tall, so the six foot line is slightly low. The other divisions are supposed to be two inches apart, but are actually three to four inches apart (there's no way that Rick's waist is 4'8" off the ground).

Blackboard0205.jpg

At the beginning of 'Hazzard Connection' there's a scene where Rosco and Enos stop the General and a car transporter. Watch the top right corner of the screen carefully and you'll see the microphone bobbing in and out of shot. Its shadow is also visible moving around to the right of Rosco.

BoomMic0208.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

We've had a couple of this type of blooper before. While Amy is trying to control Lucifer during the test run in 'Luke's Love Story' you can briefly see a camera strapped to the right side of the car.

Camera0107.jpg

I need three pictures for this one. In 'Arrest Jesse Duke' the General mysteriously goes missing between shots. We first see the raised General as Luke roars out of Cooter's garage.

MissingGeneral1.jpg

Yet, when Boss and Hughie discover the patrol cars and Caddy have been stripped the General is nowhere in sight, even though we get a clear view of Cooter's.

MissingGeneral2.jpg

Then, in the next shot, we see Luke and Daisy drive across the road from Cooter's to negotiate with Boss and Hughie.

MissingGeneral3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a strange one I spotted in 'Jude Emery'. I was actually looking at Grady Byrd's mama's car (the blue '59 Series 62 Caddy) when I spotted something familiar. The very clean-looking '58 Chevy Apache Fleetside on the right has Uncle Jesse's license plate (CL 7634). I remember the General having its license plate swapped in 'Big Daddy', but I can't think of a reason for this swap.

JesseLicensePlate0219.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I found this mistake earlier in "Double Dukes". In the final chase Bo and Luke run the fake Dukes off the road, and the fake General Lee flips over.

Watch as the fake Luke climbs out of the General Lee. It's a recycled shot from when Bo and Luke roll the General in "Find Loretta Lynn".

This isn't a blooper such, but in "Find Loretta Lynn" when Bubba and Squirt are having the makeup fight in the RV, you can see Loretta in the background struggling not to laugh.