The Ghost Post Challenge!

MaryAnne

Casper-Friendly-Ghost-3.jpg

Halloween's comin' up and we're looking for a few good stories!

Write a Halloween-themed Dukes of Hazzard story and submit it by October 28th 2008, or become a ghost!

Here's how it works. Announce your intentions here in this thread that you're going to write a Halloween story (or finish one if you've got one in the works) and have it in by midnight, October 28th, 2008 (US Pacific time. Although we have fans all around the world now so we'll take into consideration time differences.)

Submit your stories to me at maryacltrn "at" yahoo.com. Please put Ghost Post Challenge in your subject line. Stories will be posted at DOHFF.

If you announce you're gonna write a story and then fail to make the deadline, you'll become a ghost for a "spell." Heh heh. Those who miss the deadline and become spookified will have to post here at HNet in italics, and will also have a special avatar for the duration of their outta body experience. Their "ghostly" existence will last for two weeks.

We're also thinking that they'll be subject to "summoning", and if invoked to respond on a particular thread or topic, that they'll be obligated to "appear" and put a comment.

Or you can avoid this fate by completing a story and having it in by midnight of October 28th.

Like Brian pointed out in another thread, we're not exactly looking for the slasher/hack 'em up type stories but "spooky stuff, creepy stuff, or Halloween-themed shenanigans are fine. This could be one of those times where the ol' dream sequence scenario comes in handy."

So there you have it! The Ghost Post Challenge!

Let's all have a spook-tacular time!

MaryAnne

Yeah, you can do that too Val. LOL.

Awright, just to make things o-fficial here and give y'all an idea of how to state your intentions....

I, MaryAnne Coltrane, hereby declare that I will attempt to complete a Halloween story and have it submitted by midnight, October 28th, 2008. If I fail to complete a story I understand that I will become a ghost and will be subjected to the requirements of being a ghost as set forth in this challenge.

Awright, just to make things o-fficial here and give y'all an idea of how to state your intentions....

I, MaryAnne Coltrane, hereby declare that I will attempt to complete a Halloween story and have it submitted by midnight, October 28th, 2008. If I fail to complete a story I understand that I will become a ghost and will be subjected to the requirements of being a ghost as set forth in this challenge.

*Listens to Deputy make declaration.*

Gee, we are gettin' o-fficial! *Puts finger in collar of own uniform shirt* Umm Umm... Should I or shouldn't I?

Reminds me of the public servant oath ya have to take to work in the courthouse!

I, Alex Jackson, being of sound mind... oh wait thats not me! I do hereby swear to do my best in the office of the President... oh wait thats not it! *chuckles* Kidding! *clears throat to be serious* I Alex Jackson, declare I will finish a started Halloween story and have it sent in by October 28, 2008 or I will become a ghost for two weeks as per the challenge...

Alright, seeing that someone has recently thrown down the gauntlet at me about this challenge in a private meeting, I have no choice but to answer the call.

To answer your question Alex, I'm not chicken. I do not lay yellow eggs.

I'm actually a turkey and this turkey, I, Valerie Marie Strate accept the ghost post challenge and plan to turn in a story by the due date or I will be used as a Thanksgiving sacrifice. *Plttth* So there!

I will answer this call or so help me you may make me into a ghost by serving me for thanksgiving dinner with a side of MaryAnne's buns! Bahahaha!

We have to declare this formally? I've heard the expression "signing your life away" but ....

*takes a good long look at the terms and conditions* What sick, twisted mind came up with this evil scheme?

Still, I can't let ya'll face the madness alone. Formal declaration, eh? Awright...

I, Brian Coltrane, hereby declare that I will attempt to complete a freakin' Halloween story and have it submitted by midnight, October 28th, 2008. If I fail to complete a story by the...deadline, I understand that I will be subject to the terms and conditions of the Ghost Post challenge. Namely, that I'll find myself tossed into the abyss - probably located somewhere in our archive section - and become a ghost, which shouldn't be an imposition considering most of my efforts here are fairly invisible anyway.

Hope you don't mind but I will make the pledge for both me and my other half since we will write one together!

We, Bo James and Daisy Mae Duke, hereby declare that we will attempt to complete a Halloween story and have it submitted by midnight, October 28th, 2008. If we fail to complete a story by the DEADline (lol), we understand that we will become ghosts, left to haunt the likes of Hazzardnet. Though we both admit that the ability to float and go through other Hazzardites would be ghoulishly awesome, we promise to do our best to prevent that from happening. I Daisy Mae also promise to refrain from being a "witch" to Bo if he is lazy about writing. I will do my best to be patient and kind;)

Just a reminder, we're heading into October and the grains are running through the hourglass. Anybody else besides Mufn have their story done yet? Or almost done?

Mine's going ok, except it's supposta be a ghost story, and the protagonist ( antagonist? heh heh ) in the story seems to be a little hesitant on charging ahead into oblivion. Which means I'm missing some detail or another in the scene, so I'm taking my time with it.

Okay, maybe I'm stalling. Maybe I can't do it. Maybe I can't write that. GAAAAH!!

Just a reminder, we're heading into October and the grains are running through the hourglass. Anybody else besides Mufn have their story done yet? Or almost done?

Mine's going ok, except it's supposta be a ghost story, and the protagonist ( antagonist? heh heh ) in the story seems to be a little hesitant on charging ahead into oblivion. Which means I'm missing some detail or another in the scene, so I'm taking my time with it.

Okay, maybe I'm stalling. Maybe I can't do it. Maybe I can't write that. GAAAAH!!

Well, if that character won't cooperate, try another. Since I'm done with my story, I have a character you can borrow. Khee! :rofl:

I’m on page 10, which means I’ve past the beginning point and I’m into the fic’s middle. As long as the muse juice doesn’t run out and I don’t get lazy, we’ll be fine. I got a creature feature going for my story. So far the protagonist just found out he is the antagonist. Talk about Jerry Springer! This guy gots issues! In more ways than one.

I guess being a Halloweenie baby gives one energy for this time of year. Now if I can just find a radio station that plays all Metallica all the time, I’ll really have the muse juice pumping!

Ah, Brian you’ll be fine. You work best under stress. I got faith in ya man. You’re panicking which means things are going fine for ya. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought that would set a nice mood heah. ROFL

I'm on like page 9 or something with my story. Muses are cooperatin' for the most part. LOL. But, yeah I'm lookin' at the calendar and thinkin' "ahh...crap. I got about 18 days to go....eek, gah. Ack. Jit."

For the record, since Brian asked, we've received three stories so far. But, as noted above we got 18 days to go. A lot can happen in 18 days. :D