Knight Rider on NBC. Sept. 24th, 2008 Online: Sept. 17th!

DaneyDuke

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen the first episode of Knight Rider so far, and I got to admit there is lots of special effects to the show. But one question in general here what is up Werner Bros Sleeve in Universal came out with this right here and they going to turn out a new Soapy Edition of The Dukes Of Hazzard next year to keep up with them.

• 3 weeks later...
I've seen the first episode of Knight Rider so far, and I got to admit there is lots of special effects to the show. But one question in general here what is up Werner Bros Sleeve in Universal came out with this right here and they going to turn out a new Soapy Edition of The Dukes Of Hazzard next year to keep up with them.

Did anybody see last night's episode how in the world did Kitt manage to get out of the ditch and twice Mike climbed out of window. Once he walked across the hood of Kitt as well, did anybody catch but the episode has the same director the "The Dukes Of Hazzard Movie" the one from 2005. I want to watch that one again and find out where Jay is at in the episode now.

I do watch this show however it is a bit on the cheesy side, both my father in law and my son have a hard time with the car transforming into an F150 and we all wondered how it managed to get out of the ditch on that episode. There's just not much these days that the whole family can set down and watch.

• 3 weeks later...
I do watch this show however it is a bit on the cheesy side, both my father in law and my son have a hard time with the car transforming into an F150 and we all wondered how it managed to get out of the ditch on that episode. There's just not much these days that the whole family can set down and watch.

Does anybody know what the original Night Riders was in the western days, well I think I'll explain this a little more further and I learned this from the episode of Cenntenial Miniseries which I own on dvd and the original Night Rider was guys that tried to burn homesteaders off their land in Colorado when the Cattle Barons wanted more land. They sometimes even murder people so they could get more land as well, so it's very surprizing to hear what the Night Riders originally were.

Does anybody know what the original Night Riders was in the western days, well I think I'll explain this a little more further and I learned this from the episode of Cenntenial Miniseries which I own on dvd and the original Night Rider was guys that tried to burn homesteaders off their land in Colorado when the Cattle Barons wanted more land. They sometimes even murder people so they could get more land as well, so it's very surprizing to hear what the Night Riders originally were.

wow didnt know that but i saw the new Knight Rider (very first episode) it sucked so i just keep to the original i mean KITT is supposed to be a Trans Am not a dang Mustang and for the record David Hasselhoff was cuter than the new Micheal Knight (i only know his first name is Justin)

wow didnt know that but i saw the new Knight Rider (very first episode) it sucked so i just keep to the original i mean KITT is supposed to be a Trans Am not a dang Mustang and for the record David Hasselhoff was cuter than the new Micheal Knight (i only know his first name is Justin)

I agree with you there about KITT! Oh... and now, I believe, it is no longer Michael, it is Mike... (my blood pressure is rising!) I think I best just leave it at that before I go off. I will say that this new "series" is inferior to the original. I may just be living in la la land here, but to me there is only one Knight Rider, and one KITT, and that is the Original 1980's version! Couldn't they have re-named this new show something else? I could handle a spin off, but I can't handle this! I get teased in my house whenever the show or commercials for it come on because I can be happily engaging in a conversation, and as soon as that new inferior vehicle or its driver come on I become outraged and go on a rampage over that! I have TRIED to stand watching it, but only get about five minutes into an episode and have to turn it off. I did watch the pilot. It was aweful, it wasn't Knight Rider at all! I went to bed very upset that night!

Alright, I'll leave... I'm starting to go off and babble now.

But, I still like the ORIGINAL better.

General Grant

I've tried giving the new KR a chance, because I was hoping for a good action series that involved cars. Cars, cars cars!

But I can't get over the crappy parts, of which there are far too many. The new KITT has no real personality, and everything is too crowded, too slick, too artificially presented. It's just not the same kind of fun.

I've tried giving the new KR a chance, because I was hoping for a good action series that involved cars. Cars, cars cars!

But I can't get over the crappy parts, of which there are far too many. The new KITT has no real personality, and everything is too crowded, too slick, too artificially presented. It's just not the same kind of fun.

like Michael Knight said when he first met KITT "this lookes like Darth Vadars bathroom" and thats the way that KITT is supposed to be made

LOL. i had to say that

• 4 weeks later...
Well, that went by quick.

The new Knight Rider series has officially got the axe. The Ford-KITT's last ride will be Wednesday, February 25th.

I can't say I'm surprised. I'd hoped for better with the new concept, but as usual, a modern incarnation ends up botching a classic.

Well they tried, just like the Tried making two Dukes of Hazzard Movie which I own myself I guess sometimes you just can't bring everything from the past back. But I can't wait to buy the only season of Knight Rider season when it comes out on dvd then.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, did I understand this correctly?! The new kitt is leaving?! That in itself is enough to ring in the new year! Okay, sorry. I just really didn't like what I saw when I watched the show. But, then, I was kind of biased on the whole thing.

Okay, I'll stop now! But at least the original KITT lasted longer than the new kitt.

I think of Febuary 25th I'll celebrate... maybe I'll put in an episode of Knight Rider and have some pop corn and celebrate the originality of the series.

General Grant

Okay, did I understand this correctly?! The new kitt is leaving?! That in itself is enough to ring in the new year! Okay, sorry. I just really didn't like what I saw when I watched the show. But, then, I was kind of biased on the whole thing.

Okay, I'll stop now! But at least the original KITT lasted longer than the new kitt.

I think of Febuary 25th I'll celebrate... maybe I'll put in an episode of Knight Rider and have some pop corn and celebrate the originality of the series.

General Grant

me too, i almost took a shot gun to the TV when the first episode of the new Knight Rider came on i was mad

like Michael Knight said when he first met KITT "this lookes like Darth Vadars bathroom" and thats the way that KITT is supposed to be made

LOL. i had to say that

There is Darth vaders Bathroom and then there is gold toilets, and after I seen the pilot of the new ewww, KR, can't bring myself to say "knight rider", dang, I just did, I will never watch it again.

That's not Kitt, it's KRAP, and the transforming done me in, was bad enough when he went from black to grey, the real Kitt did not need to do that to disappear, or transform into a truck.

What a blow show, taking stuff from Viper and transformer movie, just made me sick~

There is Darth vaders Bathroom and then there is gold toilets, and after I seen the pilot of the new ewww, KR, can't bring myself to say "knight rider", dang, I just did, I will never watch it again.

That's not Kitt, it's KRAP, and the transforming done me in, was bad enough when he went from black to grey, the real Kitt did not need to do that to disappear, or transform into a truck.

What a blow show, taking stuff from Viper and transformer movie, just made me sick~

all i can say is good ridens to the new Knight Rider and get back to the original

• 3 weeks later...
Whats this I hear? No more Knight Rider?

~Chet

I haven't heard about it till now, but I can't say I am, surpised, it was a moquerie to the original Show, not to mention lame using parts of Viper and the Transformers to make the tv series.

The transforming into a truck prbably done the car in, not to mention turbo boosting from a dead stop was the final straw to making this tv series unrealistic, at least the original was somewhat believable.

I haven't heard about it till now, but I can't say I am, surpised, it was a moquerie to the original Show, not to mention lame using parts of Viper and the Transformers to make the tv series.

The transforming into a truck prbably done the car in, not to mention turbo boosting from a dead stop was the final straw to making this tv series unrealistic, at least the original was somewhat believable.

i know right, i feel that the new Knight Rider mocks the orginal version, i wish that they would just take the new one off the air and put the orginal back

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I think we got the new series later than you guys - it was shown sometime last summer if I remember correctly. I watched several episodes and thought they relied too much on the special effects. Like other posts here I didn't like KITT changing to a pickup and back - color changes are OK.

I haven't seen the original for a while, but I seem to recall KITT becoming a full convertible without much explanation as well as the strange changes in Pursuit Mode - I never got those changes either.

In standard form I thought the new black Mustang was pretty cool though.

By the way, it looks like there's going to be a new KR film in 2012, although I can't find any info at the moment.

• 1 month later...

OH JOY! A movie of Knight Rider...hmmm wonder how they'll mess this one up...Kinda like they messed the movies of Charlies Angels up, and Starsky and Hutch, and Bewitched and not to mention the 2 Dukes movies they messed up...but that is just my opinion....I think they need to stop trying to remake the original...there ain't nothin gonna replace the original....I havent seen the A-Team movie but I'm sure they probably didn't do the original one justice either....

Why can't they just leave em alone! All they do to the remakes is make them trashy....sorry I'm just aggravated....Apparently they are going to make a Magnum P.I. movie also....

I just wish they would leave the old things alone....They may be oldies but they are still the goodies!!

I hope some of that made sense....lol