Laura Duke

Okay, I have a couple of questions for someone to answer for me, because it has been stumping/bugging me for a while:

* Why are there green lights (on a distinguished road/unknown quantity) and red lights (can only hope to improve)? How do you get those lights, and if a red light, how can you make it a green light?

* On the top right of a post, there is a picture of an (I forget the name, so I'm going to call it a "justice scale") icon that when you click it, you can talk about their reputation. What does that do? Also, do you get a "reputation point" for each person who compliments a post? Is there a way that you can view who/why a person gave you a reputation point and on which post/s you received the point for?

* Also on the upper right portion of the post is a warning symbol. What is that for?

Sorry for all the questions, but you would really be helping me out if someone explained all of that to me!

Thanks,

Laura:D

1. Sorry but I have no idea what the green lights are, they have been bugging me too!!!!!!

2. the reputation bottom is there for like if you posted something good or bad, someone else could come along and hit the botton and say that you had a good or bad reputation for wrighting good or bad posts.

3. the warning sign, is also for if someone posted something bad, you can hit that botton, and the post will be reported.

I hope that I have been of SOME help!:D

You can read about the reputation function in our FAQ

http://www.hazzardnet.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_reputation

The little justice scale is what you click to add or detract someone's reputation. The FAQ should answer your first set of questions about all of that.

The warning symbol is to report a specific post that you think is inappropriate or violates rules and regs of the board. It would alert moderators and admins to the post and we would then do whatever is necessary about the post, if it is infact, an inappropriate post.

MaryAnne

MaryAnne,

Thanks for getting back to me. I did look at the forum about "Reputation" Thanks, it did answer some of my questions. The only part that I couldn't get was how to view what people wrote about as far as a reputation on your posts, and which posts they commented on. Do you think you could help me out with that?

Thanks,

Laura:lol:

MaryAnne,

Thanks for getting back to me. I did look at the forum about "Reputation" Thanks, it did answer some of my questions. The only part that I couldn't get was how to view what people wrote about as far as a reputation on your posts, and which posts they commented on. Do you think you could help me out with that?

Thanks,

Laura:lol:

I believe, when you go and click on User CP to look at and make changes to your profile, you should see a box on the right that says "Latest Reputation Received." To make sure something shows up I went and gave you an positive reputation on a post in this thread so you should see that I gave you a good rep. I didn't put a comment but people can put comments when they approve or disapprove of a post. :)

And Brian will "be famous soon enough". Not sure how THAT happened. Did someone give him positive feedback? Where's that ban button. LOL. :lol:

Ha ha ha. Hey, I was on hiatus ( Ok, I was AWOL) for a few months, and I still have highest number of posts. So what's it take to actually be famous around here?

Maybe I don't want an answer to that, seeing some of our current topics. Nevahmind!

Hey, Lori "is on a distinguished road." Just as long as she remembers who put her on that road. KHEE! :D

ROFL MaryAnne, I don't think I could forget...and If I did, I'm quite positive, that same person would be there to give me a lil' reminder! And I'm sorry, but I don't wanna see that "distinguished road" from behind iron bars...

Now I have a question! LOL When someone posts a comment about you in the latest reputation recieved thing, is there anyway to see who gave it to you? Or is that like an anonymous type thing?

Nope, you should see who gave you the comment if they put a comment. Otherwise, if they just gave a positive or negative rep on a post then you would just see that they gave the positive or negative.

Of course, I should check that myself by logging in under my Jack id, which is a non-moderator/admin ID so I knows I'm tellin' the truth. Hopefully. ROFL. Of course, I'll have to give the Lieutenant a positive or negative rep thing first to check it. (Brian - no comment from you! ROFL)