We've All Got To Grow Up Sometime

runningwild

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It tickled Rosco to have the youngins of Hazzard around. The sparkle of youth always entered his eyes when Abi and TJ were around. They kept the old man young enough to stay around for a while longer.

"Alright, you can help me. Come over here Abi," Rosco lead her to the big bunch of balloons tied to the banister. "You can hold 'em and I'll tie 'em. How's that sound. You gotta make sure you hold 'em real tight though or they'll float away." He grinned, "If that happens, then I'm gonna have to cuff ya and stuff ya." The old man chuckled his signature chuckle.

"It's just like a bunch of men to just be standing around," Cassie laughed softly to herself. "I thought Hazzard men was workin' men."

Enos nudged her playfully, "This is suppose to be our vacation, and you're wantin' me to work?"

"Well I'm gonna make myself useful," Cassie turned and headed over towards Rosco and Abi to see if she could be any kind of help.

Grinning, Enos stayed behind with Bo and Luke. He figured they'd catch up a little before doing any work. Plus, he figured they wondered why Cassie would want to come back to Hazzard anyway, and he was ready to apologize for that and explain.

Enos' eyes followed Bo, as he approached Luke and himself. "That's awfully nice of you to look after your wife. Most guys would've just let her go, and carried on."

Having worked for the LAPD for so long, Enos had acquired a knack for noticing the slightest change in people. Bo had changed a lot from the moment Sammy wanted to leave and the moment he returned.

"Care to tell me why you're so protective over her?" Enos offered his friend a smile. "'Cause only a friend would notice that you seemed too concerned about her leaving."

Bo bit his lip a little, glancing between Enos and Luke...tapping his foot a little on the pavement before looking back the way Sammy had gone for a moment. Swallowing softly he looked back to the two men with a slight smile.

"Kay urm...we...weren't gonna tell...anyone this until after all this celebration and till we you know...found out ourselves but urm...Sammy...Sammy thinks she might....might be expectin..."

He said in a hushed tone, not wanting anyone else to overhear, not even having told Luke this before now.

For a moment, Enos just stared at Luke questioning whether he believed the answer or not. "Fair enough, I won't press." There was a pause, "But, I will say I care an awful lot about Cassie, and ya'll don't see me keeping an eye on her."

He glanced back and forth between the boys, "So, what's knew with ya'll?"

The conversation change seemed to be going in the direction that the Dukes wanted it to go. Certain subjects were still taboo for anyone to mention, and Enos figured that taboo was something that was never ending.

Supressing his laughter of excitement, Enos grinned from ear to ear. "Congratulations! Bo," he spoke in a soft tone so that he would not be overheard. "Must be exciting."

Daisy had yet to still grow up enough to marry Enos, and he was still waiting. For years, he'd yearned to be able to have a family with Daisy.

Bo smiled a little more and nodded with a bigger grin,

"Kinda is...that is if she is...TJ'll have a little brother or sister and...Abi'll have another little cousin...I just....I mean we been trying and well...we gotta wait for the resuts of the test and everything from the hospital to see if she is....we'll get those in a couple of days..."

"It'll happen one day Enos," said Luke clasping his shoulder gently. Luke Duke had never been one to show affection or sentiment, at least not in public, but things seemed to have changed a lot for the older Duke since Cassie had been gone. He smiled towards them before sneaking up behind his daughter who had set down her shell and was trying her best to blow up a balloon.

"Boo!" yelled Luke grabbing her sides and tickling her.

Abi screamed, though she was grinning ear to ear. The balloon she had been blowing flew from her hands making a sputtering sound flying to the other side and hitting Rosco on the back of the head.

Both dark-haired Dukes couldn't help but giggle. "Shame on ya Abi!" said Luke playfully.

"Daddy!"

Luke laughed tossing his daughter in the air and catching her pressing kisses all over her face.

Abi of course gave him a disgusted look and tried to escape his clutches. She didn't try very hard though and eventually retaliated kissing the tip of Luke's nose with soft butterfly kisses of her own, that being her special spot. She then hugged his neck as he held her close. "I love you so so much Daddy."

"I love you too Princess," answered Luke plucking a green leaf out of her dark hair and chuckling. "What's that in yer pocket?"

The "princess" pulled out her trusty slingshot. "Just in case of robbers...." she explained sincerely.

Luke smiled in silent satisfaction. She might look like a miniature beauty queen- in a red checkered shirt, blue jeans and cowboy boots, but she sure was no sissy.

Enos sighed, "Yeah.. it'll happen." All that he was left standing there with was Bo, but his attention had floated behind him to Luke and Abi. The beautiful sight of father and daughter was enough to make even the hardest of hearts melt.

"Well Bo, we ought to help out Rosco," he glanced over at the Commissioner, "He looks like he's have a hard time." Rosco had been grumbling after being hit in the back of the head.

Cassie had been taken by surprise herself by Luke's sneak attack on Abi. However, just watching the both of them let happiness wash over her face. She had never seen anything like it before. Los Angeles was not a place that carried such innocence.

"She's a cutie, Luke. I can see she definitely takes after her Daddy on a lot of things," Cassie said.

Still in her heart, Cassie wanted to connect on some level with the girl. Some things just didn't come easy for her, and children hadn't been one of them; she was too independent for that.

Enos had turned on his heel to head over to where the new group had settled. "Cassie, Honey, do you want to see about a room or do you want me too?"

"Would you mind? I'd like to stay here a little longer," she smiled.

Shaking his head, he looked at Luke, "I have to do everything." In a way, he was looking for something that he and Luke had in common, but seemed inappropriate to mention. "I guess I'll be back then."

Cassie glanced over at Luke and wondered whether he was going to kid her about Enos. It wouldn't surprise her one bit, if he did. Still she was captured by the sight of him as a father, she was thankful that she'd made it out of his life so that it could turn out so seemingly wonderful.

Bo chuckled as he watched the pair, missing his wife and son then...and their possible unborn child....even though they were only a car ride away. He loved his family more than anything, and he was so protective of them...even more so since Luke lost Sara. He had never let onto his cousin, but Sara's death had hit him hard too and he was more frightened than ever about losing her and his son.

Enos had passed by Bo, giving his friend a nod of goodbye, and got back into his car. Sighing, he decided he would find them a place to stay and unload what belongings they had, and get back as soon as possible to help. He figured that Cassie wouldn't want to help too much longer; it could get awkward for her.

Cassie had tied a bunch of helium balloons to the post; it was her second bunch, and she was enjoying her simple task. Heat from the sun, filled the already full balloons and shown brightly off of the red and blue rubber. Having worked with pallets of colors at fabric stores, she was impressed at Rosco's ability to choose those colors. The bright royal blue with the rich red was a lovely sight.

Turning around she put her hands on her hips, her attention was directed to Luke, Abi, and Bo. "Now, I know that I'm as good as a stranger to ya'll, but a little social interaction never hurt nobody." Down south, Cassie poured on her southern charm, and her southern accent. She looked like a well polished southern bell in her white summer dress and red high heels.

"You boys can't find nothing to say to me? Not nothing?" Sometimes Cassie could be cute with her actions, and this may have been one of those times.

Cassie flashed Bo a smile, "It's alright Bo. You ain't never been able to resist a pretty woman." Of course, she was referring to Sammy and how obvious it was that they were completely in love with each other.

"I guess I'm just the odd one out today," she sighed. "Ya'll must be a little too grown up for me now." This comment made her chuckle because she was just a hair older than Bo.

"I don't blame ya though."

[Hey Ya'll. I just wanted you to know that I've got Orientation for school the next week, so if my posts come slow and only one per day that that's why. Sorry.]

Luke followed Bo over to Cassie, holding Abi's hand. Abi however, soon loosened herself from her Daddy's grip, distracted by watching ants carry the remnants of a praline back to their hill.

Chuckling, Luke shook his head watching his little girl. He loved how she got the greatest joy out of the simplest things, how she woke up every morning, and, rain or shine, exclaimed what a pretty day it was...so like her gentle mother.

He jerked his head up as he realized Cassie spoke. "Sorry, Cassie...ain't that...guess I'm just gettin' a bit senile in my old age...can't follow a conversation no more."

In truth he was a bit hesitant to talk to Cassie. Obviously she knew he had a daughter, but he wasn't sure that she knew about Sara...and he supposed that was just as well. Luke dealt with her death the way he dealt with most things...staying quiet about it. It was true it haunted him...every day...and every time he looked at his bright-eyed daughter, he missed Sara so much he didn't know how he would get through the day. But...with Bo and Sammy's help, he managed. He supposed the two of them never realized how much they unconsciously helped him, but he knew that, with Bo at least, words weren't always necessary. His brother had always been able to read his heart...and vice versa.

Bo chuckled a little at both Cassie and Luke's comments, nodding in agreement.

"Yeah I suppose...Sammy kinda just...invaded my heart and set up camp...ain't no one ever taken a hold on me like she and TJ have...but as for more grown up then you, believe me - sometimes I can be just as bad as TJ as Luke an' Sammy frequently tell me...I may have a kid but it aint changed who I am...I'm the guy Sammy fell in love with - faults an' all and she wouldn't have me any other way.."