Some of My Hobbies....

Tempest66

Hey All,

I guess you could say my hobby is cars!!! Both small scale & real. I work on them all day then come home to relax & build small scale models. I am in a model car club in Charlotte NC . We have been together now for 21 years. We travel to shows all over the country. I even do a show at Dukesfest & Cooters place a few times a year. But, the Dukes would have to be my favorite hobby. I am currently building a real General Lee that I hope to have on the road in late spring! I would like to do a model car show at Cooters place in Gatlinburg sometime in the spring. Are there any model builders out there? Anyone interested? Let me know & I will talk to Ben & Alma to get things set up!! :D

Later,

Grant

Tempest! We're not bored at all! :)

Nice trucks by the way. Khee!

Hobbies....well, lessee this list could get odd but here we go...and apologies in advance if I bore y'all! ROFL.

Dukes of Hazzard (duh. Why would I be here? ROFL). Collecting episodes, merchandise, writing stories, wasting my hours on this website. ROFL.

Car restoration - 1986 Firebird. Next step is replacing the rest of the interior, hoping to do this next spring/summer. After that will be having the body refinished and re-painted....still debating on staying with black or doing a nice two-tone dark blue and silver. Khee!

I too also collect anything Pontiac/Firebird/Trans Am. Also anything GM related or Dukes related Mopars. :) Hot Wheels, Matchbox or Johnny Lightning.

DVD's.... I have an odd mix of favorite tv shows and movies. LOL. Dukes of course but also anything James Garner. I've started collecting Bob Hope films (okay I only have one right now but I'm gonna look for more. LOL). WWII movies. (Patton, Great Escape, ect...). I like old films of the 40's and 50's. Burt Reynolds movies. TV shows such as Starsky and Hutch. Waiting for Hogan's Heroes to come out on DVD. Wishing for the Rockford Files to come out on DVD. Also the Fall Guy. And Maverick.

I still collect LP albums. And play 'em! =)

Don't have any pets. Used to have gold fish but that was a hundred years ago. LOL.

I have an acoustic guitar that I haven't had time to sit and play for about 6 years now. I did get it out once this past summer, busted a string on it, didn't have a replacement and decided I would take it to be restrung. Have yet to get around to doing that. LOL

Truthfully I don't have a lot of hobbies because the bulk of my free time is spent either writing stories or tending to web page stuff between HNet and dukesofhazzardfanfic.com. If I got paid for the stories I write and the web work I do, I'd be rich. ROFL.

Oh Let's see...First I have to admit most of my hobbies took a big hit when I started nursing school. That itself takes up 95% of my time. But in the other 5% I do have a couple of things I do so not to drive myself completely nuts.

I, of course, write Dukes of Hazzard fanfiction with my character of Doc Walker.

I also voluteer at a local theater as a stagehand. Something I've been doing since high school and plan to do as long as I'm able. If you love live theater, I couldn't recommend anything more than this.

I play somes select PC games, such as the Sims, Diablo II and soon..I hope...Sims 2. (you may have seen pictures of my simified characters on MaryAnne's and my own websites)

Pendragon

• 4 weeks later...

Like Brian said, "Horses and Horse power..." You'll find me anywhere near them if and when there around. (Because of NY Taxes and terrible economy, most of the horse shows & rodeos and car races & derbies, race tracks have closed down.)

Anyhow my newest and most exciting hobbie would have to be that Im preparing to go to Sankey Rodeo School in New Caney TX in May. Im going there to learn and be trained to bareback bronc ride. (I know crazy...)

My other hobbies range from art to sewing and collecting antique equstrian gear.

Check out my site www.geocities.com//generalleesghost01

• 2 weeks later...

Hobbies! Oh boy, some how too big a list to name, but I'll touch on the main ones.

Cattle Shows and County fairs are some of the events I love to go to. I use to be into showing cattle pretty heavy, but it's had to take a back seat to other things lately. Watching Nascar and car shows are in there too. However, I love crafts. Scrapbooking and making home made cards are some of the major hobbies. I use to make seed bead necklaces and collected odd colored beads and trinkits to make them with. I love nature and enjoining the company and studying of any speices of animals.

But my latest thing, is called Wallyball! It's like raquet ball and volley ball rolled into one game. I love it! The bouncy blue ball rocketing off the walls when you hit it over the volleyball net. It's so much fun. I could play the game for hours and not be bored.

Val

• 2 weeks later...

LOL. What is there not to believe? What's so wrong with Jeff Gordon and the Cubs? You ask me ...nothing is wrong.

I have been a Cubs fan since I was five...I can't really turn my back on them now nor would I want to.

As for Jeff Gordon - y'all have the Dukes to blame for that one! Before I got back into watching the Dukes, I thought of racing as not making much sense. How much fun could it be to watch men chase eachother in circles? LOL. Ok that was my thinking at the time until the Dukes got me into NASCAR. (You wouldn't think that if you saw my room...you'd think I'd always been a Gordon fan. LOL)

:wink: Garrett Duke

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, first time poster here, love the site :D . MY main hobbie is model building, mostly tv and movie cars, i did a Nash Bridges Cuda BEFORE a model company even offered one :o . Right now im working on a 64 GTO convertable 8)

PolarLightsGTOTopDown.jpg

PolarLightsGTOTopUp.jpg

I also did a VERY accurate General Lee kit using ONLY the old AMT/MPC kit for the decals, outer wheels (hubcaps) and tires, the rest was done using a Revell Monogram 69 Charger, it is accurate RIGHT down to the HAZZARD COUNTY CNH 320 plate, which alas i didnt have the pic on my computer, so i am using the MOVIE car plate as my avatar :wink:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well my hobbies hey?

I , like the reat of you, love the Dukes of Hazzard! I can't get enough!

I ski when I'm not skiing for a living. Confused?

I build scale models! I just finished the General Lee yesterday!!!

I've also built Daisy's Jeep, and Roadrunner, But I have to make the Decals for the car, it's a little tricky!

If I had a 69 Dodge Charger my hobby would be restoring it, but since I don't my hobby is frantically trying to find a 69 charger!!!

I also design cars, I'm redesigning the 69 Charger. Is anyone else appalled that Dodge is calling that 2006 beefy, bulky machine a charger?? It's a cool car, but it is not a charger!!!!

Oh ya raving in anger at dodge about the new charger! LOL :evil:

Well my hobbies hey?

I , like the reat of you, love the Dukes of Hazzard! I can't get enough!

I ski when I'm not skiing for a living. Confused?

I build scale models! I just finished the General Lee yesterday!!!

I've also built Daisy's Jeep, and Roadrunner, But I have to make the Decals for the car, it's a little tricky!

If I had a 69 Dodge Charger my hobby would be restoring it, but since I don't my hobby is frantically trying to find a 69 charger!!!

I also design cars, I'm redesigning the 69 Charger. Is anyone else appalled that Dodge is calling that 2006 beefy, bulky machine a charger?? It's a cool car, but it is not a charger!!!!

Oh ya raving in anger at dodge about the new charger! LOL :evil:

• 1 month later...

My hobbies??

Hmm..well my major hobbie is horseback riding. Horse racing..horse shows..just horses in general.

I'm also a livid actress... love being in plays and acting sense theres SOO much drama in my life. lol.

Cars, cars, cars.... Once I get my 69' that's what i'll be doing night and day

I absolutly LOVE hockey and football

Oh, and restoring my brothers drag racing car into a mini General Lee for his 6th birthday. lol.

Watching DOH of course! I also like to watch Nascar Nextell Cup racing, and I am a member of a garden tractor pulling association. I don't actually do any pulling myself; but my dad, brother, cousin, and my 5 year old cousin Alexis all pull their tractors. I'm more of the main cheerleader, video taper, gopher, etc. :D I love four wheeling around my parents farm and gravel roading through the county, the town we live by has a population of 81 so it's pretty rural.

Hee hee...Me I love anything Dukes and John Schneider!!! I am working on collecting lots of Dukes things and any movie that has John Schneider in it. My collection is growing miraculously and I'm enjoying watching it grow. Besides collecting anything and everything Dukes I also write Dukes fan fiction. I have some here on Hazzardnet but also some on fanfiction.net, although most of it I have written out but have yet to post anywhere.

Besides that I enjoy horses and have my own horse named Misty. She's a Quarter Horse/ Arabian cross for those of you who know you're horses. I have no interest in showing so I just ride for fun. I prefer Western over English riding though I did learn to ride for awhile using an English saddle. Now I use western and stick with that!!

I'm also working on getting a 1969 Dodge Charger to restore into the General Lee and take to Dukefest next year. I've always liked the General but it wasn't until my younger sister got my hooked on the Dukes that I really decided that I needed one.