No Dukes of Hazzard on T.V.....a reason why

I don't know if this has been brought up before but I think I have the

reason as to why the Dukes were pulled from television.

With the change of all digital TV coming on FEB 09 ,Blue-ray and HD dvd players along with plasma or lcd High def tv's ....the Dukes look "dirty" on Tv.

If you take a look at tv land and shows like I love Lucy and M*a*s*h* along with movies on TCM or AMC have all been cleaned up and digitaly remasterd in high def....somthing DOH lacks

Even the 70+ year old Three Stooges Movies are getting put out on dvd in high-def now.

I think if the Dukes want to make it back on the tube then WB is gonna have to step up and get to work on a restoration project for the Dukes

Didn't they already restored it for the DVD releases?

The show doesn't air on CMT anymore because ABC Family bought the rights to it. They were not planning to air it anytime soon so John Schneider asked fans to write to the station requesting that they broadcast the show.

It's the 30th anniversary of the show and John though it only fair that the show would air for this special anniversary.

• 1 month later...
I don't know if this has been brought up before but I think I have the

reason as to why the Dukes were pulled from television.

With the change of all digital TV coming on FEB 09 ,Blue-ray and HD dvd players along with plasma or lcd High def tv's ....the Dukes look "dirty" on Tv.

If you take a look at tv land and shows like I love Lucy and M*a*s*h* along with movies on TCM or AMC have all been cleaned up and digitaly remasterd in high def....somthing DOH lacks

Even the 70+ year old Three Stooges Movies are getting put out on dvd in high-def now.

I think if the Dukes want to make it back on the tube then WB is gonna have to step up and get to work on a restoration project for the Dukes

What do you mean the Dukes look dirty. I don't understand.

• 4 months later...
What do you mean the Dukes look dirty. I don't understand.

The Dukes themselves are not dirty:lol:

The Film that the show was shot on needs to be restored.

Watching Dukes now is like watching an old Movie from the 50's or 60's as far as video quality goes.

Im not holding my breath (talkin bout WB here) but It would be nice to have Digital remasters in High def of

D O H

I firmly believe as I stated in the first post.....in a day in age when everything on television is in HD -a film restoration could help BIG TIME in geting Dukes back on TV

Hmmm....I have to disagree that that's the reason why the show isn't being aired right now.

I understand what you're saying about the film quality. When the Dukes ran on TNN ten years ago, the film had that "aged" look to it. Looks even worse now on ten year old VHS tapes. ROFL But when the DVD's were released, the film quality was much much better.

But I ain't sure that's necessarily the reason why the show isn't aired. I think it comes down to more or less a network deciding if airing the show it worth it in terms of advertising dollars and if they'll recoup what they pay out for the rights to air the show for x number of years.

TNN made a fortune with the Dukes, as did CMT. I think the Dukes will find their way back to television again after a few years away and yet another generation of fans will dig the show, probably once some of us get the bad taste of the '05 movie and "Beginnings" out of our mouths. (I've actually never seen "Beginnings" so I can't editorialize either way on that).

As for WB...I don't hold my breath on anything from them. LOL. I'm still patiently waiting for them to put out the 1950's western series "Maverick" on DVD. I figure I'll be James Garner's age by the time they do it.

From what I heard, some lady took over tnn and bought the rights to air the dukes or something like that, I kinda forgot now, that was a long time ago, but she is the one responsible for taking it off tnn.

I stopped watching it ever since they only played re runs of re runs, instead of showing the dukes from season one to season 7, now I bet that would have gotten TNN a lot of ratings...:)

Actually it wasn't a lady that bought TNN it was Spike(the director guy) and it was his choice not show Dukes. It was up to him what he wanted to showed. He decide that Duke wasn't right for it anymore.

From what I heard, some lady took over tnn and bought the rights to air the dukes or something like that, I kinda forgot now, that was a long time ago, but she is the one responsible for taking it off tnn.

I stopped watching it ever since they only played re runs of re runs, instead of showing the dukes from season one to season 7, now I bet that would have gotten TNN a lot of ratings...:)