Hazzard Heartbreak

Lori smiled at her wise mentor, shutting the hood of Midnight Rider. Looking back at Jesse, smiling once more, she climbed in the window of the black stock car and started the powerful V-8, pulling out.

Upon her arrival at the hospital, Lori had done some thinking on the road. She knew she had a helluva long way to go before she matured, she was young and didn't really have have the sense that God promised a turkey. Lori knew she had a short temper and knew she almost always acted on impulse, she wasn't the nicest person in the world either. But, Lori would admit, she has came a long way since her childhood days.

Letting out a huff of air before she even attempted to walk inside, Lori braced herself. She didn't know what kind of mood he'd be in when she went into his room, and was praying for the best!

Walking in to the hospital at a leisurely gate, Lori strolled down the hall way and to the elevator. Feeling it pull her up then coming to a stop, Lori walked out going down to his room. Hesitantly, she reached for the doorknob slowly opening the door up. Stepping in to the room she leaned her side against the wall, crossing her arms over her chest, one ankle crossed over the other in a relaxed position.

Luke nodded a little shaking his hand gently.

"Much obliged sir.."

He glared at Lori scowling.

"Don't even think about it or I'll push you outta the bed."

Lori looked at Luke, then to the young doctor grinning.

"You wouldn't dare..."

Luke narrowed his eyes at her in a serious look.

"Wouldn't I?"

Lori swallowed the lump in her throat and nodded a little.

"Ok ok ok...I'll leave the nice young man alone."

The young man looked at Lori then at Luke not really want to get involved in what ever they talking about. "Well I just wanted to let you know you know that we will working together hour a day for the first month and then if you want we can add or take away a session." David told him.

"Ok when will be starting?" asked Luke.

"We will be starting tomorrow morning" he told him.

"That sounds go to me." said Luke.

"If there's nothing else. I'll be on my way." David told Luke.

Luke waited for the young to leave before he waited to look at Lori.

His eye where blazing "If your going to flirt at least don't do in front of me.

In case you forgot your suppose to my girlfriend or at least I thought you were." said Luke angrily.

Lori sighed a little in frustration pushing her hair out of her eyes.

"Luke, I don't know how many times I gotta profess my love to ya...It's every time I smile at a guy or even say hi or glance his way...you make the accusation that we was or was going to flirt.."

She spoke to him in a soft tone.

"Trust me...I've never given you a reason before not t' trust me.."

Lori smiled, kissing his cheek.

"Love. Luke, I've always had a thing for you since we were kids. You're strong, independent, serious, sensitive. There's plenty of reasons that I could name off all day Luke. Despite the reputation you had around here with women, I saw past it, Sometimes Luke, you're so predictable, I can read you like a book I've read a hundred times over... sometimes, you're so mysterious that you have no clue what you'll do next."

She paused a minute to think.

"I put up with someone like you because you don't try t' be something your not Luke. You're an honest man, and very caring, You're true to your word and are trustworthy."

She took one of his hands running her fingers over the calloused lines.

"A hard worker, a farmer.. Luke any woman would be stupid enough not to be in love with someone like you."