How was Dukesfest?

Howdy Y'all! I know that Dukesfest just started today and unfortunatly I didn't get to go so Im stuck at my house woderin how much fun y'all are havin...So when y'all git back I would love to hear how things went? Did ya have a lot of fun? How was the weather? How long you had to wait in line and all that kind of stuff...Im just curious...cant wait to hear bout it! N sorry if my questions sounded stupid.

It was ok, It sure was hot tho. Last year's was better I think. More entertainment than this year. I liked where they had it this year, more room and not everyone was elbow to elbow, but could of had better entertainment, also they shouldn't had charged folks to sign autographs unless it went to charity. All in all it was ok.

It was awesome...

I think one of my most favorite parts of the whole trip was when John turned the mic to me and Bo James so we could teach him the song he forgot...that was so funny and something I'll never forget!!!!!

We also got to sit by Don Pedro Colley at the charity dinner....that man has a story for everything! He's great and had us laughing a lot.

It's funny, as soon as the film crew took us to "meet John" John looked at me and said "hey...it's you." Not sure if it's a good thing or not that he remembered me all weekend ...my reputation may have preceded me. LOL

Another thing I think is funny was that after they filmed us meeting John, they filmed us talking about our experience meeting John. Now me being my bubbly excitable self gave a rebel yell into the mic and said he was awesome, or something like that. I'm told that when I did, it got John's attention and he looked over at me. The thought just gives me the giggles.

Catherine is very sweet. One thing she did that touched my heart was that there was a mentally challenged boy at the dinner. I think he had Down's Syndrome like my sister does. But I digress. Cathy went to take a picture with him, took off one of the strings of beads she was wearing, put it around his neck and kissed his cheek. How sweet is that?!

Byron is really nice too as is Rick, but I didnt get much of a chance to talk to them, though I did get autographs.

Finally met Ben Jones. he's great. he personalized my lunchbox and is just a genuine guy. Really truly a "good ol boy". he refused to go take a break from the crowds too, instead staying and signing autographs- even when he should have been eating in the air conditioned media room.

I felt so bad for Tom. I was in the media room when he first came. they literally picked him up at the airport, maybe gave him 5 minutes to set down his stuff before whisking him away to his line...and they werent even gonna do that...Tom literally had to tell them he needed to set his stuff down.he didn't even see John until noon. I guess he was grouchy in the am, but I dont blame him. He had a show the night before...probably didnt get back to the hotel til at least 12 or 1. His flight arrived at 9:15...figure a two hour flight....means take off was liek at 7:15 be there two hours early- 5:15...he didnt get much sleep...or time to regroup when he got there...after he had lunch and stuff and had hung out with John he was in much better spirits...and those of you who have never seen him up close, his eyes are gorgeous.

Sonny.... there is a reason why Sonny was my first crush and why I insisted on drinking buttermilk as a kid. He is the sweetest, most kind hearted person... when I saw him at the dinner I reminded him about how nervous I had been the first time I ever met him. He laughed and asked my name. He gave me a hug and said he'd be wishing me luck in the contest. Come Saturday and Sunday, being behind the scenes like I was I saw him a lot and he remembered my name each time! I was so touched by that. Then I had some free time on Sunday so I got in his line so he could sign my lunchbox. I really wanted an autographed photo, but I had no money with me besides the $5 I had to get my lunchbox signed. well I finally got there and he remembered my name agin, and was really glad to see me. He autographed my lunchbox, then dug into his personal bag and got out a photo from behind the scenes of Dukes and personalized it to me. I nearly cried when he did that. What an awesome awesome guy.

In short, as you can tell, I had a great time...met some great people, made some new friends...

my favorite parts though were hanging out with BoJames. I miss you cousin!!!! Come back soon!!!!