Thoughts behind Usernames

General Grant

the reasoning behind mine is that i used to hate my real first name (karris lee) but i loved my middle name (nachelle) so i told people to call me nachelle . but people would pronounce it wrong so i told people to call me dixie (after daisy's jeep.lol). now i just go by karri lee. much easier.hahaha

and i stuck the 01 in there for obvious reasons.lol

• 2 weeks later...

I got my name b/c about ten years ago there were three of us friends that loved the Dukes, our friendship was pretty much bonded by the show. Unforunately, the 2 guys have passed away so now it's just me. I always referred to them as my good ole boys so now they are my lost good ole boys. I will always love and miss them both greatly and my screen name is just a little way to remember them.

I got my name b/c about ten years ago there were three of us friends that loved the Dukes, our friendship was pretty much bonded by the show. Unforunately, the 2 guys have passed away so now it's just me. I always referred to them as my good ole boys so now they are my lost good ole boys. I will always love and miss them both greatly and my screen name is just a little way to remember them.

Sorry to hear about your lost friends, but that is a very sweet, and clever, way to remember them.

Hey 2 Lost Good Ole Boys,

That's a great tribute to your friends.

I really felt your pain when I read that.

Sometimes when I hit my brakes hard or something, I'll say to myself "Hang on Cousin" and think of my cousin Bobby (who was my best friend). He was killed in August of 1979. It's been a long time now but for some reason, I think of Dukes a lot when I think of him. Probably one of the reasons is that we talked about how great the Dukes were in the last conversation I had with him. (At the times, the Dukes of Hazzard show had only existed for a few months)

If he were alive today, I have no doubt he's still be a Dukes fan....he'd probably go by Bobby Duke on the Hazzarnet!!

Sorry General took me so long to get back with ya LOL.

How'd I come up with Lori's name?

To be honest with ya, I was sittin down bout a couple of years ago and I was watching the Dukes, can't remember which episode though, but it was on CMT. I got this idea...see I also write for the book and movie, The Ousiders, I was like well if I have a character for that, then I can for the Dukes. Anyways, I's settin there watching it and the name Loren popped in my mind... and over those couple of years, Miss Lori has had a lot more work done to her so shes changed since i first started writing on here.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My original user name that I wanted was cooter_dukes, and at the time I could not get that one,which is odd , because I don't see anyone with that name any wheres??? Then I tried Scooter_dukes, Scooter for my nick name and Dukes for the show.

That did not work either, so then came DukeFan, and I was lucky that no one had this name yet back then, making me the first with it. So I chose Dukefan, because I am a die hard fan of this show.

I live by their morals and family values, love the General Lee, almost as obsessed as Bo was...lol

Like many of you, I have watched my dvd's over and over, picking my fav episodes and so on, so that is why I have "DUKEFAN" as my user name.:)

• 4 months later...