Thoughts behind Usernames

General Grant

Sometimes I wish I would have thought of a more creative name but since Roger is my real first name and I'd love to be a Duke, I'm pretty happy with what I picked.

I didn't have to think twice about selecting "location" since doing farmwork with the Dukes is the closest thing to heaven on earth that I can come up with (besides spending time with my real family, of course)

• 5 weeks later...

I chose BoDuke80 because I have alot in common with Him and I was born in 1980, plus I love how Bo acts in the Dukes 1980 season. Bo And I share many characteristics and beliefs. He's a great driver an good cousin to Luke and daisy and always does what Jesse tells him out of love. He's the best I really wish I had someone like him as a family member.

I chose BoDuke80 because I have alot in common with Him and I was born in 1980, plus I love how Bo acts in the Dukes 1980 season. Bo And I share many characteristics and beliefs. He's a great driver an good cousin to Luke and daisy and always does what Jesse tells him out of love. He's the best I really wish I had someone like him as a family member.

i wish i had cousins like Bo and Luke and Daisy and a bf like Enos (wait...i do lol, not the cousin part but the last part) and anyway i know were your comin from Bo

Elly May, your comment about Cooter reminded me of Wynnona Judd. Someone asked if she liked Bo or Luke better and she said neither. She picked Cooter. I guess she has a thing for greasy mechanics. LOL...Ya gotta love a redneck girl with an attitude like that.

i like Cooter, i am a redneck, but im more of a Bo, Luke and Enos kinda gal

• 1 year later...

I chose my name because of this shirt I got at CafePress.com. One day I was bored, and then thought of the Dukes. I figured they might be there, and sure enough, there was this shirt that said "I Ride With The Duke Boys". I had to have this shirt! Love it to this day. I hope to meet some of you at an Orlando Dukefest. I just might wear this shirt. You couldn't miss me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dukes of Hazzard is not the first fandom I have wrote for. I started with fantasy/sci-fi fiction. I went under the name Pen-dragon, as in dragon that writes. The name stuck. The year is by birth year.

Incidentally, Pendragon is the family name of King Arthur of Camelot. His father, King Uther, adopted a red dragon as his battle standard and got the nickname "Supreme Dragon".

As the bringer of Christianity to Britain, Arthur added the cross to the standard, as seen in my avatar.

For for my character, Chance Walker is actually a name I took from a romance novel. (Lover in the Rough, by Elizabeth Lowell, if anyone's curious) Ironically, the name was of the hero, not the heroine. Her nickname "Doc" was gifted to her by a close friend after I joined the site.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I used to build big 4 wheel drive trucks. I built a monster truck named "Earthquake". When we went 'wheelin', guys would call me by my truck's name over the CB. After a while, it stuck. '68 is the '68 Chevelle I used to own, since most sites I'm on, "earthquake" is taken, earthquake68 became my screen name. If you see my screen name on another site, chances are it's me.

This is Earthquake I. Earthquake II was bigger yet, but I can't find any pictures of it. I'm still kicking around the thought of building Earthquake III. :D

Mudtrucks001.jpg

• 9 years later...

I picked my username here on the HazzardNet from 2 of my favorite characters from 2 of my favorite shows. Skipper from my favorite Gilligan's Island castaway played by Alan Hale Jr. and Duke from my favorite Duke on The Dukes of Hazzard Bo Duke played by John Schneider. There ya have it. Credit to Roger Duke for helping me pick it too.