Duke fest never here!!!

dukefan

I am a die hard fan of the dukes of hazzard as much as anyone, but I envy the states, because I can never make it that far to go to at least one Duke fest once in my life.

I never hear of one in the maritimes , or in Canada for that fact. I would so love if they could have at least one show in New Brunswick you know!!!

I would die if I could go to at least one Duke fest, just one, before all the original actors pass on......

There is plenty of places just in Moncton alone, not to mention the old race track in Miramichi New Brunswick, hell if anywheres in New Brunswick would be great!!!!

I have a favor to ask anyone who goes to those Duke fest from this site, and that is:

If anyone goes, I would love if you could video tape some of the events there, and then share them with me, with us all.

I will never get to see one in person, and it would mean the world to me to at least see one whole day at the duke fest 2008!

I wish I could see all the ones I missed, but that's pushing my luck...LOL

Thanks for reading, I am just dying to be able to see at one duke fest in my life!!!

Sincerely yours,

Euclide Richard(dukefan)

That is so sad, dukefan! Never even having the chance to see a Dukefest...:cry: I know how you feel, though. I have never been to a Dukefest, and I am not sure if I ever will. But, I hope that someone can help you out. Although, nothing beats the feeling of seeing one of the characters in person. I've only ever met Cooter (last month, I think!!) and I still have a big ol' grin on my face from that! Every time I watch the Dukes and Ben Jones' name comes on the credits, I grin because I remember meeting him. He is such a great person to talk to.

Anyway, I really hope that some one can send you a tape of Dukefest!

General Grant

I know what you mean Dukefan. I would like to go to Dukefest too but a bit far from our side of the border isn't it? I'm in Montreal and even driving straight down it makes for a long trip and highways don't go straight down.

There is a Dukes fan gathering in Ontario every year. Proceeds go to cancer research. It's called the Hair Dare Dukes Day for Cancer. You can find information on it's Yahoo Groups page. Byron posts there sometimes.

The "big" stars of the show are not there but Byron Cherry (Coy) and Don Pedro Colley (Sherrif Little) always come. So are Billie Rae Bates and Paul Casey. Chris Mayer was supposed to come last year but couldn't make it.

Many famous television cars including, of course, the General, Rosco's patrol and such are on display.

That said, I haven't been there so I don't know how popular it is. I saw a very short video of Byron trying a mini motorcycle on Youtube and it looked rather empty at that time. Perhaps it was filmed at the opening or closing times.

That is so sad, dukefan! Never even having the chance to see a Dukefest...:cry: I know how you feel, though. I have never been to a Dukefest, and I am not sure if I ever will. But, I hope that someone can help you out. Although, nothing beats the feeling of seeing one of the characters in person. I've only ever met Cooter (last month, I think!!) and I still have a big ol' grin on my face from that! Every time I watch the Dukes and Ben Jones' name comes on the credits, I grin because I remember meeting him. He is such a great person to talk to.

Anyway, I really hope that some one can send you a tape of Dukefest!

General Grant

I can just Imagine how you must feel to actually meet one of the dukes cast, I would love to at least meet one of them too!

Even if I could get a show of it from someone who has actually been to a duke fest would be better then nothing, at least then I could get a feel of what it is like to be at one!

I know what you mean Dukefan. I would like to go to Dukefest too but a bit far from our side of the border isn't it? I'm in Montreal and even driving straight down it makes for a long trip and highways don't go straight down.

There is a Dukes fan gathering in Ontario every year. Proceeds go to cancer research. It's called the Hair Dare Dukes Day for Cancer. You can find information on it's Yahoo Groups page. Byron posts there sometimes.

The "big" stars of the show are not there but Byron Cherry (Coy) and Don Pedro Colley (Sherrif Little) always come. So are Billie Rae Bates and Paul Casey. Chris Mayer was supposed to come last year but couldn't make it.

Many famous television cars including, of course, the General, Rosco's patrol and such are on display.

That said, I haven't been there so I don't know how popular it is. I saw a very short video of Byron trying a mini motorcycle on Youtube and it looked rather empty at that time. Perhaps it was filmed at the opening or closing times.

I am not a fan of coy or vance duke, but I sure wish they would have one duke fest close by here, I could drive 4 or 5 hours to go see one, just one before I die.....

Maybe one day you both will get to meet at least one of them! Maybe if we ask nice enough?? they'll come?? I feel just awful for both of you!

Hey North- is Byron Cherry a nice person if real life? Is he from Canada?

Anyway, I hope that someone can help you out, dukefan, and I would like it even better if you both got to meet at least one of the cast!

General Grant

Byron is not from Canada but from Atlanta, Georgia. He lives in California now.

I never met Byron in person but those who did say that he's the nicest guy, boisterous, fun-loving, always smiling, the life of the party.

A fellow member here TomBo says "Byron (Coy) Is a great guy to meet"

After reading his occasional posts I would say he's a cool guy too. He loves doing Duke related stuff and meet fans. He is thrilled to be at Dukesfest.

For one who was not a big Coy and Vance fan I'm turning into a Byron Cherry encyclopedia. LMAO!

Dukefan, there's always a few Canadians who make it down to DukesFest. There's a good couple months until DF is on - it's the end of June this year. Any possibility you could scrape up a plane ticket, fly down for a long weekend or something?

Believe me, expenses being what they are right now for basics like gas n' groceries - it's not an easy trip for anybody to make this year. But like you said, it's something worth seeing.

I went to my first DF on a thin dime. I drove there in a beat-up 77 Olds Cutlass, I stayed at the cheapest, seediest motel I could find, and I brought my own food. And beer. And bbq grill. At the event, I managed to buy a couple of photos and get a few autographs, and I had just enough gas money to get home. ( several states away.) As a bonus, I drove 13 hours straight to get there, and 13 hours direct back home, as I couldn't get more than a 1/2 day off work the preceeding Friday. I had to be back to work on Monday, and I'll tell ya, I rolled into town tired.

But I had a blast. The immoral of the story is, if you wanna go bad enough, maybe you can find a way. I hope you can - you're a dedicated fan and you deserve it.

jessi, gona try to keep my head up, however it don't look to good right now, I am a financial mess at the moment ,just being off work for a 2 months now.

My car is falling apart and I can't get the parts I need to fix it, I hopw the wheels of faith turn soon, or I am gona lose it...lol

Hey Dukefan,

Maybe you and I should start club. I have the same problem I don't have the money to fix mine up either. But then I'm proably going to need to buy a different car. Last while I was on my way to meeting for my job my car decide to die. Leaving me stranded on the side of road. I never made it to my meeting. And I'm proably going to be fire because of it.

• 2 months later...

Hey Dukefan,

I used to be like you in a lot of ways, DieHard Fan, never able to get to Dukesfest but wanted to badly, and didn't care too much for COY and VANCE. As a teen John Schneider Came to a City next to the small town I lived in, this was early in his career. I had a white ford pick-up like Uncle Jesse's my Dad had gave me when I got my drivers lic. I drove the truck through our old dirt/gravel roads like the Dukes. Anyway I jumped in my truck and headed to the Chevy Dealership who had John to appear it was only 18 miles away. This was my chance to see BO DUKE! I got there was 16 and backwards stood a few feet away no security very easy flow. I Froze and wouldn't approach him.

FastForward to 2006! Financially I was at my lowest, due to market trends my company folded in April 06 it was the closest that Dukesfest had ever been to my home, and I already was planning to go. After loosing my only income and the fact that the Event was only two months away, I was determined to go. I worked feverishly at home on my computer working on an Ideal to get to Nashville, TN a month later I had it and put together a contest for a family to win TIX to Dukesfest while calling and e-mailing for sponsorship I had a contest that rivaled CMT's give-a-way! This got me an appointment with Ben Jones Dukesfest Creator at his new Cooter's in Nashville that had opened a year earlier. Not only did I have a really great prize pack to give away I raised enough money to take my Family my two girls were big fans of the reruns. Once there I represented my New Advertising Company as a Media Liaison for my Contest. The show was so big because of Tom's first ever appearance, They needed tons of extra help although I already had free Media Passes I volunteered to help. My teen girls and their friend worked the gates, and I worked Security for none other than Tom Wopat (LUKE) how cool is that. I know this is a long one for my first one but after reading your plea I had to sign on. I agree with the responses that its a Dukes thing and am a Firm Believer that God will give us the desires of our heart. Turn that Desire into Determination and All things are possible with God. You have got to buy a copy of Ben Jone's new Book! www.cootersplace.com and you'll see that he was near death came to know the lord and then the role of a lifetime came his way (Cooter) on The Dukes of Hazzard. Since 06 times were good but come June times were tight again and we slept in the car my youngest daughter and I but we couldn't miss Dukesfest 07. The same for this year and we had to drive to Atlanta lot further but couldn't miss, and we slept in my Van this time as I was laid off. I still do Marketing & Promotions since 06 and Tom was there again and his same people ask me to help with Security. I was delighted to. The moral of this is never give up! Wanting to go to Dukesfest bad enough made my creative juices flow and started a new business after loosing my 12 year old Company. As for the Cast. I have every Autograph of the living originals plus stunt drivers and extra's and this year I got Don Pedro Colley (Sheriff Little) and Byron Cherry (COY DUKE) and John shed a little light on the replacements Coy and Vance on Stage, and I quote: "Even though Tom and I were working on a pay thing and the studio decided to do an unprecedented talent search I told them that they could look at all they wanted but would end up with a good friend of mine... that friend is Byron Cherry! And they did." The fact that John and Byron were both from Atlanta area and were friends was an awesome fact to know Sat June 28th 2008 because first thing Sunday morning I went straight to Byron's Booth and Intrduced myself and asked if he would sign my friends newly completed GENERAL LEE and he couldn't believe he was the first Cast Member to sign, a first for him. He was a special person really a part of the cast in a crunch and a personal pick from Bo to play his cousin Coy. So let up on Coy and Vance and Seek and ye show find Jesus is the truth light and the WAY!