you gotta read this if you care about the dukes.

That's the second time I've read that same thing in the past year. Truly sad. Why did ABC buy the rights if they NEVER plan on airing it? Thank God I own all seven seasons on DVD!

thats what me and my dad were wondering too. it just doesn't make sense. they made that movie and bought the rights but don't think people are interested anymore? i'm glad i have almost all the seasons on DVD too.lol and that i'm saving up for the reunion movies when they come out.=D

• 2 weeks later...

Calling all Duke's fan. If we want our show back. Read this and do as John and Michael have asked. It's the only way to get our show back!!!!!!!!

Where is The Dukes of Hazzard TV show??

WHERE IS "THE DUKES OF HAZZARD" TV SHOW??

Dear fan of The Dukes of Hazzard

If you and your family and friends appreciate THE DUKES OF HAZZARD television series, it's urgent that you take action NOW. The show was popular on the CMT (Country Music Television) cable channel, but now cable's ABC Family Channel has it. And ABC Family Channel decided not to air THE DUKES OF HAZZARD! They gave up on it. The channel does not plan to EVER air the show! This is the 30th anniversary of the show, and ABC Family Channel thinks nobody cares about it anymore. IF THE DUKES OF HAZZARD TV SHOW MEANS SOMETHING TO YOU, PLEASE LET ABC FAMILY CHANNEL KNOW! It matters to them what you think and what you want. Please tell the people at ABC Family Channel: "I want to watch The Dukes of Hazzard! Please start airing the series now!"How?

First, Mail a letter to: Tom Zappala, Sr VP, Program Acquisitions & Scheduling ABC Family Channel 3800 West Alameda Avenue Burbank, CA 91505

Then, Also go to the ABC Family Channel website at: http://abcfamily.go.com/abcfamily/path/section_Global/page_Contactus and send them a message online. Please tell ABC Family Channel that you want to watch The Dukes of Hazzard TV series!

This is what I sent to them for all you guys in America

Dear Sir/Madam

It is appalling that your station has brought the rights from CMT for the popular TV Show 'The Dukes of Hazzard' and yet you have made little to no effort in getting involved with the show at all. It is rumoured that your not even considering putting it on the air because people dont care?! This is absolutly disgraceful behaviour on your part as The Dukes of Hazzard greatly exceeds the quality of a lot of the smut and poor lifestyle imagery a lot of your regularly scheduled programming puts out to teenagers today. The show is this year celebrating its 30th Anniversary since it first came on the air....if no one cared about the show...THEN WHY THE HECK WOULD SO MANY PEOPLE TURN UP TO DUKESFEST?! It is my opinion that whoever made the foolish decision to buy the rights then not bother showing the channel needs to look into exactly how many fans what the Dukes of Hazzard back on the air and get it on there right quick. If not, give the damn rights back to a channel that cares about its viewers.

There for a while, ABC Family was airing the Dukes of Hazzard at midnight or 1 AM.. it was really late. It was shortly before the show was taken off by CMT.

If they were doing it as a test run and are using that as a basis to say there was not enough viewership, I would tell them look at the danged time slot! Who the heck is up at 12 or 1 am lookin' to watch a family oriented show?

And folks, I had found it on at that time by ACCIDENT!

Again... who is watching tv at that time in the morning?

Most elementary school children (least when i was a tad) don't get up until 7:30, 8:00, to get ready for school, have about 10 minutes to watch TV, and then are out the door. Middle and High School students are up 5 or 6 am, get ready, and are out the door. Most parents use that time slot to watch the news. That is an awful time slot to put on hour long tv shows. Good for 15 minutes to a half hour, not hour.

Not a good time slot at all for anything being tested for viewership numbers... especially if they don't advertise it... even if they did it's still a bad time slot.

I was watchin it at that time of the morning and late that night...:-?...every day for awhile.... i get up really early before i go to school to tend to the horses....so im up that early watchin it... and i stay up late at night because:

1. I cant go to bed and wake up as early as i do if I dont, dont ask why because I dont know thats just how I'm use to it.

2. Im usually busy doing my homework because I forget about it...