Does anybody know why Cooter was missing from those four episodes in season two. I don't mean Ben Jones I mean Cooter. Did they give a reason on the show or was it just poof he's gone and he'll be back later or what?

LJ-Davenport

The episodes were "The Runaway", "Follow that Still", "Duke of Duke", and "Grannie Annie".

You know, LizzyJackson, that's a really good question. I guess I'm not positive as to why Cooter left. I was thinking that he went to go and visit one of his relatives-but that was just my thinking. I bet you are right, though-I bet that they didn't explain why Cooter just left.

Well, what's everyone else's thoughts? This is a great question-I hope someone's out there to give an answer!

Laura Duke

• 1 year later...

He refused to shave and get a haircut when the execs told him to. So they brought in "relatives" and the lame excuse of the parts show or whatever it was going on in Atlanta.

You would have figured they (The Execs at WB) would have learnt their lesson by the time season 5 rolled around and Tom and John walked off the show.

I mean, seriously....Ben did it (Shave and a haircut), Jimmie did it (dressing rooms) and they brought in second rate characters (Not ACTORS) to fill their spots, and look what happened, they had to eat crow. I mean Ben eventually agreed to get a shave and a haircut, and his job came back with it. But, seriously, were they not paying attention?

I'm done and gone,

JDjr.

He refused to shave and get a haircut when the execs told him to. So they brought in "relatives" and the lame excuse of the parts show or whatever it was going on in Atlanta.

You would have figured they (The Execs at WB) would have learnt their lesson by the time season 5 rolled around and Tom and John walked off the show.

I mean, seriously....Ben did it (Shave and a haircut), Jimmie did it (dressing rooms) and they brought in second rate characters (Not ACTORS) to fill their spots, and look what happened, they had to eat crow. I mean Ben eventually agreed to get a shave and a haircut, and his job came back with it. But, seriously, were they not paying attention?

I'm done and gone,

JDjr.

yeah thanks for the info but I knew that I wanted to know if they (The writers) gave Cooter a reason to be gone in the episodes.