Holy General Lee! Batman At Dukesfest!

That's right folks in case you haven't checked the Dukesfest site lately. The one and only Adam West from the TV series Batman will be there.

Catherine Bach interviewed him for her official website in 2006.

http://catherinebach.com/index1.html - Catherine's Corner - The Catherine 12 section has Adam West & Dukesfest 2006 clips.

Catherine and Adam appeared at the 2006 Motor City Comic Con in Novi, MI.

James Best & Adam West were in the 1978 Hooper movie.

He does have ties to cast members not the series.

Tim, is it true Adam West charges $25 -40 for a picture autograph?

Catherine Bach interviewed him for her official website in 2006.

http://catherinebach.com/index1.html - Catherine's Corner - The Catherine 12 section has Adam West & Dukesfest 2006 clips.

Catherine and Adam appeared at the 2006 Motor City Comic Con in Novi, MI.

James Best & Adam West were in the 1978 Hooper movie.

He does have ties to cast members not the series.

Tim, is it true Adam West charges $25 -40 for a picture autograph?

A lot of actors have ties to the cast members of the Dukes, who were never on the show. Why don't we just invite everybody who's ever been anybody in Hollywood for the past 30 years to this thing and call it Old Home Day? LOL

Like Clint Eastwood. Catherine was in "Thunderbolt and Lightfoot" and Clint took some of Jimmie's acting classes.

I mean, c'mon, Adam West? Who's sponsoring DukesFest this year, TVLand?

Next they'll be having David Hasselhoff at the thing and they'll call it the Retro 80's Television Reunion and they'll run races between all the General Lees and all the black T/A's that show up. And dang if you're one of them fans that has both cars. Which car do you take? LOL

And forty bucks? That ink better be gold...

Oh it's more if you want a picture with him that is an additional charge. I don't have a problem with it. I can't go anyways. It's John and Ellys decision to get him to come. So it's no use in complaining about it. If you don't like it don't come or don't go in his autograph line. It's not like it is costing you any extra for him to be there. They got him cheaper than Jeff Altman (Huey Hogg) if you can believe that but it is true. Jeff's appearance fee is outrageous. I understand the reasoning on getting him it'll draw a whole bunch more people maybe into both Dukes and Batman. I'd rather meet Adam then say Sean William Scott or Johnny Knoxville.

Oh it's more if you want a picture with him that is an additional charge. I don't have a problem with it. I can't go anyways. It's John and Ellys decision to get him to come. So it's no use in complaining about it. If you don't like it don't come or don't go in his autograph line. It's not like it is costing you any extra for him to be there. They got him cheaper than Jeff Altman (Huey Hogg) if you can believe that but it is true. Jeff's appearance fee is outrageous. I understand the reasoning on getting him it'll draw a whole bunch more people maybe into both Dukes and Batman. I'd rather meet Adam then say Sean William Scott or Johnny Knoxville.

Just because it's Elly's and John's decision doesn't mean folks can't or shouldn't complain about it. I recall several times fans complained about situations at past DukesFests and got plenty of things changed in future ones.

Oh I'm not saying you can't but it is pointless to do so that is what I meant..It's a lock he's gonna be there.They aren't going to change it now regardless of how much anyone complains.It would be like if any of the movie cast was there for me.I could complain at the top of my lungs but if they chose to get them and it was locked no amount of doing so would change it.I would just choose not to attend if I could attend. Yes perhaps if enough complain this time they may not do something like this in the future but this year is this year and he is locked on being there. It took us car owners 5 years of complaining before anything was done about getting our cars signed so things don't change overnight. Oh if you feel this is a bad decision you can email Elly at elly@dukesfest.com

That's right folks in case you haven't checked the Dukesfest site lately. The one and only Adam West from the TV series Batman will be there.

BAHAHAHA!!! I can't think of a worse mismatch. What the (BLEEP!) does the 60's-era "Batman" have to do with the Dukes of Hazzard?

Adam West is a (BLEEP!) in real life, too. I witnessed an exchange between Jimmie and Adam at a car show in Detroit several years ago. They're not real fond of each other.

And who the (BLEEP!) would think that having Adam West at a Dukes event would add value to it? People are going to DF to experience "Hazzard County" not the (BLEEPING) Batcave.

Adam West does charge an outrageous amount for his photos and autographs. When most Dukes fans are lucky if they can afford one or two cast photos at these events, who the (BLEEEEEP!!) thought that this crowd could afford an Adam West photo?

Holy Bad Idea!

I have a pretty good idea who's behind this peice of oxygen-deprived genius and I'm not going to blame Elly for it.

Oh, and to express my feelings in more detail...

BLEEP BLEEP BLEEPING BLEEPITY-BLEEP!

Brian

BLEEP!

Brian I can't see the logic in him being there either other than the hopes of drawing more of a crowd.As to who's idea it was. I can't say. If you want to PM me who you think it was feel free. I promise it won't go any further than between you and I. If they spent the money on him instead of Don Pedro or Chip Mayer or another Dukes cast then yes I think that is poor judgement but I have no proof that is the case. It is what it is now.I provided an e-mail to cast your displeasure. She makes the call regardless of whose brainstorm it was,she approved it. Do the Schneiders read this forum Brian? If so then I retract what I said about it being pointless to complain here. Adam is going to be there now that isn't gonna change it's been advertised. Changing it now would really make the Schneiders look bad even if it cost them losing a few fans from coming. I don't see how lawn mower races or pro wrestling belong at Dukesfest either but very few have complained about those in the past.

Brian I can't see the logic in him being there either other than the hopes of drawing more of a crowd.As to who's idea it was. I can't say. If you want to PM me who you think it was feel free. I promise it won't go any further than between you and I. If they spent the money on him instead of Don Pedro or Chip Mayer or another Dukes cast then yes I think that is poor judgement but I have no proof that is the case. It is what it is now.I provided an e-mail to cast your displeasure. She makes the call regardless of whose brainstorm it was,she approved it. Do the Schneiders read this forum Brian? If so then I retract what I said about it being pointless to complain here. Adam is going to be there now that isn't gonna change it's been advertised. Changing it now would really make the Schneiders look bad even if it cost them losing a few fans from coming. I don't see how lawn mower races or pro wrestling belong at Dukesfest either but very few have complained about those in the past.

Tim, ol' buddy...

Since when is DukesFest hard up for "drawing more of a crowd?" And if somebody wanted to boost gate attendance, how the hell does Adam West make that happen? WOW, Adam West!! *yawn*

It's just a mismatch for whole point of DukesFest becoming the living, breathing, epitome of Hazzard County for a weekend.

Adam Freakin' West. Talk about "Strange Visitor to Hazzard..."

I'm not hostile over it to the point I'm gonna point fingers, name names, or email Elly. I just plain disagree with the decision to bring in Adam West. This is DUKES Fest. Not, Whoever We Can Dig Up Fest.

Ya know....I've done my share for Duke and Country over the years, concerning DF and car shows and HNet. I'm not any big screaming deal but I have worked hard for this fandom. So if I speak a strong opinion, it's because I remember all what it took to get here.

Adam Bleeping West had nothing to do with the Dukes of Hazzard, then or now. I don't reckon we'll have people drive 600 miles to Atlanta and pay $4.25 a gallon for gas along the way, to see Adam West.

Brian,

Who do you think is to blame, and I have to agree, I am not a fan of Adam West either. He has had cartoon versions of himself done in several childrens shows (hey, I used to regularly babysit kids and I have 3 much younger siblings. I was 14 when the youngest was born), and it is just a major turn off hearing he'll be there. I wasn't a big fan of the Batman Series from way back when.

Needless to say, I am going to try to go this year. Infact, I hear there are a few of us Davenport cousins who may be trying to go.

As far as lawnmower races, I can see how that relates. It's a form of racing, and the Dukes had a lot of racing. Sides, who's to say I'm not guilty of threatening to race the lawnmowers when I was in Highschool? Teacher heard another girl and I talking about it and we got banned for a while from using them. Anyway, I will say, I would LOVE to watch... love even more if I could participate, but that wouldn't be happening.

The only way I can think of linking wrestling is 'in this corner Luke Duke' but that was boxing. Maybe they added it because of all the ballroom brawls? Ok, so maybe that one can't be put into logic.

Also, why drive when it may be cheeper to get a bus ticket and rent a car unless carpooling? Just a thought.

A lot of actors have ties to the cast members of the Dukes, who were never on the show. Why don't we just invite everybody who's ever been anybody in Hollywood for the past 30 years to this thing and call it Old Home Day? LOL

Like Clint Eastwood. Catherine was in "Thunderbolt and Lightfoot" and Clint took some of Jimmie's acting classes.

I mean, c'mon, Adam West? Who's sponsoring DukesFest this year, TVLand?

Next they'll be having David Hasselhoff at the thing and they'll call it the Retro 80's Television Reunion and they'll run races between all the General Lees and all the black T/A's that show up. And dang if you're one of them fans that has both cars. Which car do you take? LOL

And forty bucks? That ink better be gold...

That's not so bad maybe the Kitt from the Knight Rider 2008 will show up as well. If could afford to go I would want to see a race between General Lee and Kitt see who is the faster car now.

Brian,

Who do you think is to blame, and I have to agree, I am not a fan of Adam West either.

"Blame" is a strong word. I have a notion, but like so many other things, I won't air it here in the name of Peace And Unity In the Dukes Fandom. And I'm not angry about Adam West being there, I just disagree with it in a big way. Ain't his gig, ya know?

I have another guess....the only reason I can think for pulling in other non-Dukes celebrities....is if there was some doubt about the commitment of some of the Dukes cast.

I'd heard a few months ago that Tom was "in" for DF. But recently, I'd heard that he had another Broadway gig. Broadway is Tom's main bread and butter and it will always come before Dukes these days.

Daney also tipped me off that the concert that John and Tom were supposted to have in CA, was called off. It was supposed to be in May, and again I suspect the Broadway opportunity took priority.

Tom's website does say he's in a musical called "A Catered Affair" starting this month, but it doesn't say how long that gig will be running. I suppose, like most Broadway shows, it'll run so long as tickets are selling well.

Tom's site also mentions the concert in CA with John, but last I'd heard through HazzardNet's Underworld Spies, this show was cancelled. The cancellation was supposted to have happened within the last week.

Tom's website makes no mention whatsoever of DukesFest.

Thankfully, it doesn't mention Adam West either.

Heh.... WestFest!! There we go. Bahahaha!

Ok, I'm going to log off before I'm fired.

Yes, Brian - The Orange County Performing Arts Center calendar for May 10th doesn't list the concert.

A bit of research...

Venue grandstand capacity:

Bristol Motor Speedway: 165,000

Music City Motorplex: 15,000

Atlanta Motor Speedway: 125,000

No previous Dukesfest has had more than 100,000 attendance.

7 DOH cast autographing estimated 3,500 people's items: 24,500

People attending to view replicas - lets make it equal to signatures: 24,500

General Lee rides: estimated 1,800 based on 3 passengers / 300 rides daily

When I read that a non DOH celebrity was coming to DukesFest, my first thought - the promoters don't think DOH fans will be enough to make this event a success. This event had a chance to break the record for the largest Dukes Of Hazzard crowd, the organizers choose not too.

Daney, I just realized I had a redundant thang in my post about the concert cancellation. I was writing that at some ungodly hour of the night and that's what happens, 'cause I mentioned it twice.

What's worse, is I blew your cover as one of our underworld spies. Oopsy.

For your protection, I recommend an immediate change of identity.

This message will self dee-struct in five seconds.

*BOOM!*

Daney, I just realized I had a redundant thang in my post about the concert cancellation. I was writing that at some ungodly hour of the night and that's what happens, 'cause I mentioned it twice.

What's worse, is I blew your cover as one of our underworld spies. Oopsy.

For your protection, I recommend an immediate change of identity.

This message will self dee-struct in five seconds.

*BOOM!*

It's alright. Change of indentity, hmmm...

It's alright. Change of indentity, hmmm...

Yeah. Get a new alias.

Like...BatGirl01.

BAHA! I'm never going to let this Adam West thing go. I can't.

You know what the fatal error is in that whole announcement...is they came out and went, "Adam West is going to be at DukesFest!" before clearly defining who among the Dukes cast itself is locked in.

That's just stupid. It's like trying to sell tickets to a Rolling Stones concert, while saying the Rolling Stones will probably be there, we're working on it, but hey, we've booked Vanilla Ice as the opening act! WOW! Thhpbth.

I've also seen (sadly) the return fire of this issue, elsewhere, and for those Dukes fans who spoke their mind against Adam West...well, evidently they're not team players. They don't "get" how these Big Shindigs work and they can't possibly understand all the logistics and money involved. No criticism welcomed from the peanut gallery.

Let me just say this about that. If DF has to bring in non-Dukes related celebs, to convince "non-Dukes fans" to attend DukesFest...which is how this Adam West thing has been explained....

...then something is seriously bleeped up!!!!!

You mean to tell me, they can't sell tickets to DukesFest....in ATLANTA GEORGIA?! Come on.

Why the hell would they want non-Dukes fans there to begin with?

What next?

Well according to the supporting staff over on CGLFC any Dukes cast listed are definitely coming including Tom Wopat if you you can believe that. I'm on the fence about Adam West as I was a Batman fan as a kid. The reason to attract non-Dukes fans? To try and hopefully convert them into Dukes fans is the only logic I can come up with. The Schneiders think it's a good idea apparently. Why don't they get Johnathan Frakes? He was a Hogg before he was Riker. That would draw alot of Trekkies to Dukesfest. I'd be far more upset if they got Johnny,Sean,Or Jessica.

You know what the fatal error is in that whole announcement...is they came out and went, "Adam West is going to be at DukesFest!" before clearly defining who among the Dukes cast itself is locked in.

Well according to the supporting staff over on CGLFC any Dukes cast listed are definitely coming including Tom Wopat if you you can believe that.

Tim, you may want to check the event website stars page. Does not confirm, it suggests which DOH cast might be there.

As I understand it if you go to the car registration portion it asks you which cast you need to sign your car and you are supposed to check which ones you need and Toms name is there. Someone even asked if he is definite in one of the threads and the answer was yes.The guy wasn't going unless Tom was a for sure thing.

Well according to the supporting staff over on CGLFC any Dukes cast listed are definitely coming including Tom Wopat if you you can believe that. I'm on the fence about Adam West as I was a Batman fan as a kid. The reason to attract non-Dukes fans? To try and hopefully convert them into Dukes fans is the only logic I can come up with. The Schneiders think it's a good idea apparently. Why don't they get Johnathan Frakes? He was a Hogg before he was Riker. That would draw alot of Trekkies to Dukesfest. I'd be far more upset if they got Johnny,Sean,Or Jessica.

I'm with ya Tim. With all the other choices that could have been made, I can't agree with Adam West being a "headliner."

Daney's also correct in that there's no real verification of who is going to be at DF, thus far. This is why I'm taking issue with the West announcement. People aren't goign to buy DF tickets and make travel plans across several states to see Batman.

Adam West could have been added to the bill without as much havoc, if the whole Dukes cast attendence issue had been sorted out and confirmed first. People would still question what West would be doing there, but there wouldn't be the same level of what-the-hell-are-you-thinking.

I was suprised how the criticism was handled. This is DukesFest #10 and the prior nine did not have non-Dukes related celebs on the autograph roster. Of course Dukes fans are going to be like "Huh? Batman? Here? Why?"

Maybe that's cool for other car-related shindigs where the theme is Anything Goes, but DukesFest was, and should be, the epitome of the Dukes of Hazzard. Not, Dukes and whatever else is handy that might bring in a buck.

I'm sure the promoters mean well, but hey you gotta put the Duke-related cast info at the top of the list. Not mutter it out of the corner of your mouth as "might be" or "could be" while the Adam thang gets a billboard. Uncool.