Cooter in GreenBay, WI

Actually, yeah, a couple of friends of mine are going ( fellow HNet members ) and I'm going to try to make the trip. Not sure which day yet, depends on the friggin' weather.

Green Bay is not a happy town right now onconna Brett Favre's retirement, so hopefully the car show will cheer 'em up.

I read about Brett Favre's retirement they need another qb is replace him now.

I think we are going!!

I hope that you can make it, and I know all of Wisconsin is bummed over Brett Favre's decision to retire. He's played hard though, and I am sure that he'll enjoy the relaxation!!

Okay, I'm going to be annoying here, Brian, and ask how long of a drive it is for you to get to Green Bay. So, how long of a drive is it to get to Green Bay? Hopefully you and your buddies have a great time!

General Grant

I think we are going!!

I hope that you can make it, and I know all of Wisconsin is bummed over Brett Favre's decision to retire. He's played hard though, and I am sure that he'll enjoy the relaxation!!

Okay, I'm going to be annoying here, Brian, and ask how long of a drive it is for you to get to Green Bay. So, how long of a drive is it to get to Green Bay? Hopefully you and your buddies have a great time!

General Grant

Well I live in Ohio so that about maybe eight hours it depends where you live though.

I hope that some more people can go to see Cooter and the General Lee. On the news this morning, they were at the actual event showing some of the cars there, and in the background the General Lee was there! That was so cool, but would have been more enjoyable if they actually mentioned him!

Anyway, I hope y'all have fun, I am sure I will! Although I am kind of nervous because this is the first time that I have met any of the cast members and the General Lee!

General Grant

Hey Y'all!

Just got back about a half hour ago from seeing Cooter at the World of Wheels. Super-nice guy! He was so friendly and was just the nicest, most down-to-earth person I've ever met! But, then, its Cooter, how could someone not like him?

Good Question, JESSI DUKE, did anyone else from HazzardNet go?

General Grant

Congratulations General Grant!! That's great to hear. He is an awesome guy. The thing I like the most about him is that he is a genuine fan of the show and not just a person who acted in it. I'm sure that statement can be said about a lot of the actors but Ben Jones REALLY loves The Dukes of Hazzard. How long did you get to talk to him? Did you get a picture or autograph? How long was the line? Tell us more......

Thanks, Roger!

First off... I never thought I'd ever get to meet any of the cast members. That was so cool! He is such a nice, down to earth guy, and in some ways does remind me of the character, Cooter. I was delighted to hear that he still had the Cooter like accent!

We went a little early, so the line was relatively short. We only had to wait 5 or 10 minutes to get to actually talk to him and his wife. She, too, is a very sweet lady. I was laughing a little bit at Ben because he was talking to a couple in front of us who had a little baby girl. Ben was all excited and was going on about how cute the kid was, and saying he loved taking his picture with pretty girls like her, etc... and his wife saw me laughing a little because I was surprised that being a big actor, he would take the time to be so friendly. Well, she saw me enjoying that, and it looked like she started laughing a little, too.

My sister could barely compose herself in line. Her knees were a shaking, and I can only imagine how high her blood pressure went! She had to grab me just to stand!

Okay Roger... into the details, now!! We only talked a couple minutes. But he was saying that he was the one who made up the "Crazy Cooter CB Talk" and that he jotted it down on an old envelope, and that envelope is in some museum. But he signed my sister's 7th season of the Dukes DVDs and a General Lee shirt. He asked our names, and started singing a little bit with my sister's name in the song. (He actually sings pretty good!) Then he did his Crazy Cooter CB speech but inserted our names in it. "Breaker 1, Breaker 1 might be crazy but I ain't dumb, Crazy Cooter comin' at ya. Laura, Lindsay, Y'all home on the Hazzard Net? Come Back." That was AWESOME! Then we got to stand next to the General Lee and got our picture taken with Ben. While the picture was being taken, he said "Eat your heart out, Bo Duke" and laughed. After all that, he gave us a hug, gave a couple compliments, and off we went. That is when Laura stared crying because it was so special to her. I almost started crying because she was so happy! That was a great day!

Has anyone else ever met any of the cast members?

Oh, I know what you mean, Roger, Ben was saying how the Dukes really is a family show, and you can tell that he is proud to have been involved in that! I am really glad I got to go.

General Grant

I'm glad that those of ya'll who went, had a great time. Ben's a lot of fun to hang around.

Unfortunately for me, I couldn't make the trip this time around, though I wanted to go.

If any of y'all who went, have a good pic of Ben signing an autograph, or a pic of you and Ben, feel welcome to put them in the Gallery for the rest of us to enjoy and envy.

And if you want to be a guest ree-porter and write up a little ditty about your experience meeting Ben - like the good posts we've seen here - feel welcome to send it in to us, with a picture you wouldn't mind having on the HNet Homepage. We might just make you a star. Or at least Fan of the Month, which we haven't done in...what, two years? (It's like our Employee of the Month, which is awarded on odd-numbered Leap Years.)

Anyway, PM me if you'd like to make the front page with your write-up. For length guidelines, just take a look at the usual yammering on the homepage and gauge it more or less on the average.

Hey Everyone!

I went!!!! I feel so honored to have met Ben Jones! General Grant told our story wonderfully, so I don't have to say a whole lot. The only thing I can say, was that I was SO excited. Like General said, my legs were shaking, and I just about fell a few times, I was so excited to meet him. He's taller than I thought he would be, too. His wife and Ben are so sweet, and I can't tell you how much fun it was! I ACTUALLY held my composure while in front of him, and after we stepped away from him, I balled my eyes out because, for me, it was like seeing a member of my family that I haven't seen in years. I'll never forget that!

So, other than General Grant and myself, was there any other lucky people that were able to make it? Let us know!

Sorry, Brian and Julie that you couldn't make it.

Laura Duke

Hey Everyone!

I went!!!! I feel so honored to have met Ben Jones! General Grant told our story wonderfully, so I don't have to say a whole lot. The only thing I can say, was that I was SO excited. Like General said, my legs were shaking, and I just about fell a few times, I was so excited to meet him. He's taller than I thought he would be, too. His wife and Ben are so sweet, and I can't tell you how much fun it was! I ACTUALLY held my composure while in front of him, and after we stepped away from him, I balled my eyes out because, for me, it was like seeing a member of my family that I haven't seen in years. I'll never forget that!

So, other than General Grant and myself, was there any other lucky people that were able to make it? Let us know!

Sorry, Brian and Julie that you couldn't make it.

Laura Duke

Well I met him in 2003 at Autorama he was like talking to an Uncle or cousin or something that's been in your family that you would go to for advice.