Italian movies

morgan

Yesterday, I had a quarrel with 2 colleeges about the difference between American and Italian movies. So, as most of you here are american I'd like to have your opinion about some argument.

I tell you in advance: I don't like italian movies, I agree with Tarantino that found them boring and depressing. I think we have very good dubbers, but very bad actors, with very fiew exceptions.

Instead, I love american movies, well not all obviously.

My questions are:

1)do you know some italian movies (old or recents)?

2)and some actors?

3)and directors?

4)is it true that americans are very strickt in import strangers movie and prohibits them?

Thanks for your opinions!

One of the best movies I have ever seen was an Italian movie.

"La Vita è bella" - Life Is Beautiful

I'm not much of a Roberto Begnini fan, but he was so deserved the oscar for best actor. I am a WWII buff ( my father was a tank seargent and was captured by the Germans ) and love movies about the war. I feel this movie was far more moving than it it is given credit for. The efforts a father goes to so he can shield his little boy from the horrors of war and the Nazi atrocites. The "game" to keep him alive and the prize at the end. it still brings a tear to my eyes.

I will only watch the subtitled version and not the english dubbed one. I feel I get more of the movie that way.

I'm gone

Darrell

One of the best movies I have ever seen was an Italian movie.

"La Vita è bella" - Life Is Beautiful

I'm not much of a Roberto Begnini fan, but he was so deserved the oscar for best actor. I am a WWII buff ( my father was a tank seargent and was captured by the Germans ) and love movies about the war. I feel this movie was far more moving than it it is given credit for. The efforts a father goes to so he can shield his little boy from the horrors of war and the Nazi atrocites. The "game" to keep him alive and the prize at the end. it still brings a tear to my eyes.

I will only watch the subtitled version and not the english dubbed one. I feel I get more of the movie that way.

I'm gone

Darrell

I personally own "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly".

I'm Canadian of Italian descent so I guess I don't count LOL but for what it's worth I watched La vita è bella with Roberto Benigni. He seems like a nice man but his silly behaviour bothers me.

I watched Il Postino, a Italy / France/ Belgium co-production and really enjoyed the old Don Camillo movies with French actor Fernandel and Italian actor Gino Cervi as Peppone. Those movie were also Italy / France co-production. I watched the french version. Very funny.

I'm Canadian of Italian descent so I guess I don't count LOL but for what it's worth I watched La vita è bella with Roberto Benigni. He seems like a nice man but his silly behaviour bothers me.

I watched Il Postino, a Italy / France/ Belgium co-production and really enjoyed the old Don Camillo movies with French actor Fernandel and Italian actor Gino Cervi as Peppone. Those movie were also Italy / France co-production. I watched the french version. Very funny.

Massimo Troisi was a great actor. Unfortunately he died several years ago, even if he was a young man. "Il Postino" was his last film.

Me too I don't like very much Roberto Benigni. In particular, I don't like Benigni as a "actor", but I love him when he reads Dante's "The divine Comedy" (he's so serious and passionate; very touching); moreover, listening to "The divine Comedy" from a voice with a florentine accent (Dante's language) is very moving. He makes me shiver.

I agree with ya on Begigni with most of his movies. But with this movie it worked perfectly to tell the story. Without his behavior and mannerisms in the movie , it wouldn't have been as effecitive. That is why he won the Oscar for Best Actor...

I'm gone

Darrrell

I agree with ya on Begigni with most of his movies. But with this movie it worked perfectly to tell the story. Without his behavior and mannerisms in the movie , it wouldn't have been as effecitive. That is why he won the Oscar for Best Actor...

I'm gone

Darrrell

Oh I enjoyed is performance in the movie. He can be as silly as he wants in character. I was referring to his behaviour off screen. Wasn't he who climbed over the chairs when he won an Oscar? That was not an appropriate place and time to be goofy.