Dukes Talkshow

LoriDavenport

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Bo and Luke, have you ever let me win a race? The reason I'm askin' is because....if the answer's "yes" then that means I'm losing a little of my driving skills in my old age.....

......and if I'm losing driving skills, I'll need to git out there and practice some more....

and if I have to practice some more, that means I'll have less time to git stuff done around the farm...

....and that means that you boys will have to take over some of my chores while I'm out driving...

So, let me ask again, have you boys ever let me win a race?

Well Uncle Jesse we dont really race ya that much but as far as I can recall we ain't let ya win a race yet. If ya ask us t'give ya everythin' we do, its a challenge fer us to improve our driving skills and what better way than to race an ex ridgerunner?

As fer horses I like ridin' em but I prefer the General...he tends not t;hurt the more sensitive parts of yer body when you drive him. Mind you, havin' a horse would be fun but of course, as Daisy said, they cost money and thats somethin' we aint got a lot of. Maybe one day when we dont gotta pay the mortgage no more we could get one but right now, that ain't possible.

Laura, if you ain't never had goat milk fudge, ya gotta git yerself over to the farm next time me and Daisy make up a batch of it. I gaurantee ya ain't never had anything that good. We'll call ya on the CB next time we git some made up...

My grandparents never had any cows either and they made all their dairy products from goat's milk...cheese, butter, even ice cream on occasion...and it weren't because any of us younguns was allergic. It's 'cause the stuff's just so good!

• 2 weeks later...

Well Julie, I'd have to say "Country Boy Can Survive" by Hank Williams Jr.

I've always tried to teach Luke, Bo and Daisy to not depend on any government assistance. Folks need to learn how to stand on their own like we did in the good old days. If ya got two good hands, two good legs, two good eyes and one good back, ya ought ta be able ta work hard and make it through rough times, no matter how tough they git.

Sorry folks, i've been doing exams or an exam so i've been revising and stuff causing this to fall behind in my attention.

Anyhow, I have lots of favourite songs and my most favourite changes every week so...at the moment its Watching You by Rodney Atkins because its such a great family song.