Truth, Love, and Justice

LoriDavenport

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo went about putting the plates and silverware on the table, not speaking as once again his thoughts drifted back to Rebecca. He just couldn't get her out of his head and the thought that they might not be able to start anythng together was eating away at him. There was something different about Rebecca, she was out of hsi reach for starters which already made the chase more interesting, but also she made him feel things that he hadn't felt...or maybe hadn't allowed himself to feel since the whole incident with Diane.

Since Diane he had kept himself so guarded as to the kind of relationships he got into. Of course he still wore his heart on his sleeve, that wasn't going to change it was just who Bo was. However he never let any relationship get any deeper than a week long fling. All the girls who dated him knew it from the word go, he made sure of that so they wouldn't get hurt like he did. Rebecca however had gotten past that barricade already and Bo knew that if they did get together, there was the possibility of it turning serious...but for once...he wasn't afraid of that.

After the blessing, they all started serving themselves and passing the food around. Jesse wondered to himself if Luke would be able to hold his opinions until after dessert. He knew all too well how passionate his older nephew was about standing up for what he thought was right. He could also tell that Bo's enthusiasm was starting to irritate Luke.

Luke turned and caught Jesse's eye before saying to Bo, “Did you tell Uncle Jesse about who's car you didn't see today?†This totally avoided the fact that Bo had a crush on Rebecca but it would likely open the can of worms enough for Jesse to pick up on the fact the Bo was head over heals for the Judge's daughter. Luke could not help but wonder if Rebecca felt the same way about Bo. He'd seen the look in he eyes too.

Bo looked to Luke as he spoke...now he may have not been the most brightest of sparks in the bunch sometimes but he picked up on what Luke was trying to do quickly. He knew that Luke had probably already told Jesse most of what was going on. It wasn;t that he had a problem with telling Uncle Jesse and speaking to him about it, but when Luke ratted him out like that it made him mad because there were ways he could talk to Jesse without getting a full lecture. Part of the time he had been thinking about how to explain Rebecca and his feelings...and besides, this was a touchy subject for Bo right now...and he did not appriciate Luke butting in...Luke wanted a war...he'd give him a war...

"Well no...I know Uncle Jesse likes to take an interest in what we do but I dont think he wants the full list of who's cars we did not spot while playing spot the cars in the General today on your request...but I'm sure he would love to know about a couple of nights ago when you snuk out the house to go to the Boar's Nest late night drinking when you knew we had chores the next day...why dont you tell him bout that? 'Specially seeing as you claimed the hangover was you coming down with a cold to get you out of chores so you could sleep more..."

Luke washed the last plate, picked up a dry towel to dry his hands and turned to Bo and said in a voice loud enough where Jesse could hear him, “Well, I'm sure Uncle Jesse may not be interested in the game but I'd say he'd be REAL interested in knowing that you traded paint with the Judge's daughter!†Luke ignored the comment Bo made about him going to the Boar's Nest and hoped Jesse hadn't heard Bo which he doubted or at least would talk to Bo first.

Bo shrugged lightly, hands on his hips and getting madder by the second...it would be a miricle if the boys came out of this not throwing punches at each other.

"Ain't like a hit an' runned her. I took her t'Cooter's got her car all done back up again and she went off on her merry little way. An' sides, ain't like I intentionally hit her neither, she wasn't lookin' where she was goin' an' she'll be the first t'admit it...but I guess your only tryin' t'cover yer own hide for the fact the same night you went out and got drunk ya also got inta 3 fights...all of em you started!"

Jesse doubted that the boys knew it......but it was always difficult for him to know when to jump in. Young men just need to vent some steam every once in awhile and sometimes that's all that's needed. It was always tough to figure out when they were venting in a healthy manner or arguing destructively. After all these years, he still couldn't tell. He decided to sit things out a little while because it seemed to him this was healthy venting. He feared he could be wrong but remained the silent referee for the moment.

Luke grinned and replied, “Wonder how you know what I did IF you weren't there, too? Yes you did see the car was fixed, but that doesn't explain the LOOKS you and Rebecca Drutton were giving each other does it?†Bo and Luke had already crossed several lines they had set long ago about telling on each other and had pulled out all the stops. Then, he added, “We all know what happens to guy who are sweet on her.â€

*Jesse's anger exploded like an erupting volcano*

THAT'S ENOUGH!! You boys both simmer down right now! And if one of ya wants to throw the next punch you can just throw it at me!!

Now Luke, if you're alright, I want you to go out into the barn and settle down. And I don't want ya coming back in until I call fer ya. Me and yer cousin here have got ta have us a man to man talk and it looks like it might take awhile.

Now Bo, I want you to sit down right there *points to chair that Bo had been sitting on for the meal* and I mean NOW!

Jesse *sat down across the table from his steaming nephew then sighed deeply*

Now Bo, I know ya need time ta calm down and ya can take all the time ya want but after that I really need ya ta tell me what's goin' between you and Luke. Now, I'm not going ta be judgemental. I'm here ta listen and I'm here ta help. Now if ya don't want any help, I can't force ya to take it. The only thing I ask is that you walk away from here knowing that I love you and I'm always here for ya.....and I'm not the only one. There's two other people in this house that love ya just as much. *pauses to think *...even though you might not feel that way right now.

Bo sighed and looked down at the table, he wasn't really mad at anyone else besides Luke. He knew Luke was only looking out for him but all the same, he was sick and tired of Luke telling on him when Bo had every intention of talking with Jesse alone after the meal anyway. Swallowing softly, he traced patterns on the table with his finger and sighed.

"Uncle Jesse I...I think...I think i'm in love..."

Jesse *didn't even flinch*

*Two seconds later he smiled and looked Bo in the eye*

Well, that's nice, that's nice. *smiled again* I suppose you know that I'm going ta want ta hear all about her....and after that I'll want ta hear why ya think Luke's not as happy as we are about yer good news.....