Ya gotta read this

RogerDuke

Here are the top 10 reasons I love Hazzardnet (in no particular order) I hope everybody responds to this and posts at least one of your own.

1) It's funny

2) Awesome avatars

3) There's a sense of community pride here just like they have in Hazzard.

4) You can sit at your computer and take a tour of the entire County from the Hazzard Garage to the Hazzard Swamp....and all points in-between. If you paint your computer orange, the trip is so realistic, you can almost hear those sirens behind you.

5) The Hazzardnet is the best tool in the world that helps us Hazzard folks promote the greatest form of entertainment on the face of this planet.

6) Trivia threads (Lord, I apologize for this shameful self-promotion of those two threads.)

7) We have folks from all over the world living here on the Hazzardnet. That's proof that the Hazzard County spirit of good old-fashioned family fun is something all nations want and need.

8) This is a place where world-class philosophers hang out. If you don't believe me, just check out some of those "favorite quotes" threads.

9) Meadowmuffin, MaryAnne and Brian are our Superior Officers. (Lord, I apologize for that shameful promotion of our moderators.)

10) If you like to live your life believing Hazzard County is real, the folks here understand. That's because everyone here knows that Hazzard REALLY IS REAL. The proof is in our hearts...and on our Hazzardnet.

Roger, thank you for the kind words! I'd have to say that # 7 is the big item there. Because it's the fans that have consistently made HazzardNet the top-ranked Dukes of Hazzard website. It's people like you.

We have been very fortunate over the years, to have met terrific friends and cousins who have contributed in many ways to what the site is today. Everything from supplying suggestions, to alerting us to spammers, to sharing photos and news articles. The community here is terrific, and that's in thanks to y'all.

Maybe we don't say it enough, but all of you are appreciated. HazzardNet is yours, so if you have suggestions, ideas, or questions about something, always feel welcome to send a Private Message or email us.

We're never done updating this place, so we've got many more years of Hazzard County fun ahead of us. Thank you, and enjoy!

Brian

Wow, Roger! Shameless self-promotion and kissing up all in one list - I'm impressed!:)

Seriously, though, I think one of the best parts of this forum is getting to talk to people you would otherwise never meet. (Especially about something that is obviously important to all of us. It gives us someone to talk to who understands - and saves our families from another Dukes conversation!:lol: )

Thanks Denver C. I've been practicing for years.

Well Brian, you sure gave me a sigh of relief. I've only been using a computer for less than a year and Hazzardnet is the only website I've ever been on in my life so I'm pretty ignorant to how this newfangled techno stuff works. When I started getting attatched to the Hazzardnet I was a little nervous that I would fall in love with this version of Hazzard County Georgia and then it would somehow go POOF and all disappear. (See I really am dumb with technology...I bet computers seldom go POOF) Anyway, when you wrote in your post that "We've got many more years of Hazzard County fun ahead of us" I got a big smile on my face. That's what I wanted to hear (but was afraid to ask). It's reassuring to know that Hazzardnet is in it for the long haul. I know I plan on being here until I go POOF

ell Roger, we hope you dont go POOF, and Computers do go POOF....IF you overheat them..hehe well actually more like a cracking sound, like a 22. going off. Hey, im a teenager and I dont know how to use the computer that good, but put a shotgun or something for me to work with outside and ill be fine! We was doing a project in Honors English 2 and my teacher looked at me cause i gave my friend a john schneider song to do, and my teacher was like you aint like normal teenagers. (Yea..me in honors....I know it seems weird from the way I type but I write a whoole lot better)

• 12 years later...