This is a story about my favourite couple, LOL. I'm going to post it here and at the same time on fanfiction.net. I hope you enjoy it.

Hey, this forum is not dead!!!

Prologue

Daisy was sleeping deeply.

She felt warmth and a sweet scent around her. She nestled under the bed-clothes, inhaling that scent. But when she turned over she felt another body near her.

Was it another body or was it a dream?

She stretched out a leg, touching another leg (longer and stronger than her one). She touched with her hands a chest under a shirt; without open her eyes she let her hands run over that shirt.

She felt the same warmth and scent.

She turned over again, scared. She took a deep breath and she opened her eyes, wondering where she was. She realized she wasn’t at the farm, but it wasn’t a unknown place. She recognized the wallpaper and everything else in that small room: the table, the sofa, the closet with the mirror.

Looking that room she understood who was sleeping near her.

She could feel his breath behind her neck. She sat on the bed turning her head towards Enos.

She stared at him who was sleeping deeply in fetal position.

She smiled, then she tried to remember why she was there and why she was wearing an Enos’s t-shirt. And why he had a band-aid on his left cheek.

Looking outside the window she saw a thick snow falling.

And she remembered.

Chapter 1

Looking out of the window, Daisy remembered …………………………………

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daisy left the farm to go to the Boar’s Nest. She felt immediately that the wind was very cold, so she was glad she was wearing her scarf and her coat. She was driving her jeep towards the Boar’s Nest looking at the clouds and wondering if it was going to rain when she met Enos.

He stopped his car in front of her jeep. “ Hi, Dais †he said with his usual wide smile, coming out his patrol car.

“Hi sugar. Do you want to arrest me ‘cause I was speeding? But if you arrest me Boss Hogg will fire me ‘cause I’ll be late for work. So please, let me go and I’ll do everything you want. What do you want from me, honey?â€. Daisy liked to joke with Enos using her charm to disconcert him.

Enos blushed as usual and Daisy laughed. “I don’t want to arrest you, Daisy, but to warn you that it’s going to snow, maybe a blizzard, so be careful and don’t speed too muchâ€

“A blizzard? In effect today it’s extremely coldâ€

Enos nodded and Daisy noticed he was wearing his black jacket (the jacket that Enos and Rosco usually wore during winter). “I have to go now, bye Dais. And be carefulâ€.

“You too Enos. Thanks honey. Byeâ€

“A blizzard†Daisy thought, then a blast made her shiver “It’s better to go now. I’m late for workâ€

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the snow began falling Daisy was at the Boar’s Nest.

Every time someone opened the Boar’s Nest’s door, a blast made Daisy shiver. “It’s damn cold today†. When she looked out she saw a fluffy white cover on everything, but the snow wasn’t too much thick. “A blizzard†she shook her head “It’s only snowingâ€

Daisy liked snow ’cause everything was so peaceful and noiseless under the snow; it seemed the world was sleeping. Thinking ‘bout it she sighed; she would have liked to be at home, looking the snow falling through her bedroom’s window, but unfortunately she was working.

Blasts from the door were more and more pesky and cold, so Daisy envied her cousins who were at the farm, enjoying fire-place’s warmth. But when she thought that Enos was somewhere, outside in the snow, her envy for her cousins disappeared and she began to worried ‘bout her friend; she couldn’t help but worrying ‘bout Enos.

The frenetic work at the Boar’s Nest distracted Daisy and at the same time warmed her, so she didn’t saw what’s happening outside nor she froze anymore.

After the last customer left, she sat, exhausted. She was feeling a whistle in her ears. “Oh my God. I’m so tired that my ears are whistling. I need to go home, take a hot bath and sleep until tomorrow comes†But when she tried to go out, she understood what that whistle was, and it wasn’t from her ears. She entered again in the Boar’s Nest, scared.

She took the phone but it didn’t work. So she took the CB. “This is Daisy Duke speaking. I’m blocked in the Boar’s Nest. Is someone hearing me?â€

The CB whizzed a bit, then she heard Enos’s voice. “Daisy? I’m coming. I’m near the Boar’s Nest. Don’t try to go out. Wait for me.â€

Daisy sighed, relieved. “Oh thanks Enos. I’m waiting for youâ€

Finally Enos entered the Boar’s Nest. Daisy hugged him “Oh Enos, I was so scaredâ€

Enos looked at her, worried “Why are you here, Daisy? You had to left when you saw the snow becoming thicker and thicker. Boss Hogg would have let you go home and close the Boar’s Nest before than usual because of the blizzard, if only you had called him and asked himâ€

Daisy nodded “You’re right, Enos. But I didn’t realize what’s happening outside. Bring me home, please. My jeep is blockedâ€

Enos shook his head. “It’s better to stay here until the blizzard stops. It’s dangerous to go outâ€

Daisy took his hand “But you were out, and you managed to come here. Is it so dangerous?â€

Enos smiled sweetly, “It doesn’t matter if it’s dangerous for me ‘cause it’s my duty, but I don’t want to put your life in dangerâ€

Daisy squeezed his hand “Please Enos, bring me home†The only thing Daisy wanted at that time was to reach her beloved farm, so Enos agreed even if he thought it wasn’t a good idea, “Ok Daisy, come onâ€. He wasn’t able to say no to Daisy.

At the farm, uncle Jesse, Bo and Luke were worried for Daisy. The phone didn’t work, and Daisy didn’t answer when they tried to call her with the CB.

Luke was wearing his jacket, “We have to find her, uncle Jesse. Maybe she’s blocked in the snowâ€, but uncle Jesse stopped him. “It’s dangerous to go out now. You’re cousin is enough clever to stay at the Boar’s Nest until the blizzard stopsâ€.

Chapter 2

Daisy and Enos went out the Boar’s Nest, in the blizzard.

The wind was very cold and high, and the snow was very thick, so it was very hard to see around. Approaching the patrol car Daisy slipped on the snow, grabbing Enos to avoid to fall down. Enos was walking in front of her, and surprised by her weight on his back he lost his balance and fell down, hitting the patrol car with his face.

“Sorry Enos†Daisy said, standing up and looking at him who was still on his knees, pressing his right hand on his face. “Enos?†she called him “Are you OK?â€. She knelt to him, saying again “Enos? Are you OK?â€. He nodded “Yeah. Don’t worry, Dais. It’s only a little cutâ€. She took his hand removing it from his face “Let me see, honeyâ€. He had a little cut on his left cheek, but it was bleeding. She helped him to stand up, “Come on, Enos. In the Boar’s Nest there’s a medicine chestâ€.

They entered again in the Boar’s Nest, and Daisy realized Enos was limping. Enos noted she was looking at him, so he anticipated her question, smiling “Only a ankle sprain. Nothing to worry about†then he laughed “You know I’m a bit clumsy. My favourite cartoon character is Will Coyoteâ€. Daisy laughed; Enos knew how make her laugh. “Sit down, Enosâ€. Daisy took the medicine chest and she disinfected his cut, then she covered it with a band-aid. “Thanks Daisy†he said blushing when she caressed his cheek. Daisy sighed “You were right, Enos. It’s better to stay here until the blizzard stops. We didn’t even reach the patrol car and you came to grief because of me, sorryâ€

They sat silently whereas outside the wind continued to whistle. Then Daisy stood up “Hey Enos, did you lunch today?â€. He shrugged “No, I had no time to have lunch, but now I’m hungryâ€. Daisy smiled at him, “Well, so it’s time to eat something. I’m going to prepare some sandwichesâ€. Enos nodded “Can I help you, Dais?â€. But when he tried to stand up, Daisy stopped him “No. Stay here and have a restâ€.

They were eating sandwiches and they were drinking hot chocolate when they heard Rosco’s voice from the CB. “Enos Strate. This is sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane†Enos stood up, reaching the CB “This is Deputy Enos Strate. I’m at the Boar’s Nest, sheriffâ€. “At the Boar’s Nest? Why are you at the Boar’s Nest, you dipstick. I’m at Boss house, with Boss Hogg and Lulu, and we are snowbound here. You have to go at Silas farm. Silas called me for help. His farm is not far away from the Boar’s Nest, so hurry up, dipstickâ€. Enos nodded “Yes sir. I’m goingâ€

Enos took his hat and he wore his jacket, ready to go. “Hey Enos. Are you leaving me here alone? I want to come with you and to help youâ€. Enos shook his head “But Daisy, it’s dangerous. You’ve seen how the blizzard is. You said it’s better to stay here waiting the blizzard stops. So wait for me here, please Daisy. I’ll come back to bring you home later.†Daisy stopped him grabbing his arm. “Enos, it’s my fault if you’re limping. So let me help you. Moreover, Silas farm is near mineâ€. Enos sighed “You’re very stubborn, Daisyâ€. Daisy smiled “Uncle Jesse too always says soâ€.

When the Boar’s Nest’s door closed after they left, the CB buzzed again.

“This is Luke Duke calling Daisy Duke. Daisy, are you at the Boar’s Nest? Are you listening me? Don’t go out. Outside it’s like hellâ€

In the patrol car Enos and Daisy were looking carefully at the road.

“It’s hard to see with this snow†whispered Enos, driving slowly.

Suddenly they heard a deep sound when a branch fell down ‘cause the snow’s weight, hitting the patrol car’s bonnet. The car stopped. “Oh no†said Enos, worried. It wasn’t a good thing.

He went out the car, trying to remove the branch, but it was too heavy.

When he came back in the car he was covered of snow and he was trembling. He took the CB, “This is Enos Strate calling for helpâ€, he waited a bit, then he repeated “This is Enos Strate calling for helpâ€, but nobody answered.

Chapter 3

Enos was waiting for an answer, but no sign came from the CB. He was thinking how to save Daisy from the blizzard. He wondered why she was there and not at the Boars Nest and he was thinking it was only his fault.

Daisy looked at him, worried. He was silent and he wasn’t looking at her, but he was looking at that branch on the patrol car’s bonnet. Daisy tried to reassure him (and herself too), “Don’t worry Enos. Someone heard your call, someone’s coming to help usâ€; but despite her effort to reassure him, Daisy was really worried ‘cause she knew that branch was too heavy to remove and, moreover, she didn’t understand exactly where they were. Near or far away her farm?

Enos didn’t answer to her words and he kept looking outside as he was searching for something and Daisy didn’t know what. For few moments the snow stopped falling, so he could see what he was searching for; he knew where they were despite everything outside seemed different than usual.

A barn was nearby, and it was surely warmer than the car.

The snow became again thick, but now he knew exactly where the barn was.

Enos looked at Daisy, “We can’t stay here. It’s too cold and we’d risk to freeze to death. There’s a barn nearby, and we have to reach itâ€.

Daisy shook her head. “But Enos… what if someone is coming to help us? They won’t find us and…â€. Enos stopped her “If we wait here, they will find us frozen. Come onâ€.

This time Enos didn’t listen to Daisy’s words so they went out the patrol car.

A cold blast hit them and the snow in their eyes wasn’t helping them, but Enos knew perfectly where he had to head. He kept Daisy’s hand, walking in front of her, “Come on Daisy, don’t worryâ€.

Daisy felt his hand was warmer than she imagined despite that cold, and she felt protected, even if she could only feel his hand’s warmth but she couldn’t see his back because of the snow.

She closed her eyes letting him conduct her at the barn.

She remembered when they were children. She remembered how many times Enos conducted her at home, holding her hand, ‘cause uncle Jesse didn’t want she walked around alone; her cousins didn’t wait for her after the school, and they ran to home so fast she couldn’t reach them ‘cause she was only a little girl. She remembered Enos was always there, waiting for her. Since then they rarely had walked hand in hand, and she nearly had forgotten how his hand was.

Daisy slipped again on the snow, grabbing Enos to avoid to fall down, but this time Enos didn’t lost his balance. He helped her and when she slipped again he carried her on his back. He laughed “Hey Dais, it’s me usually falling, not youâ€.

She remembered again when they were children; how many times did he carry her on his back? How many times did she ask him for it ‘cause she didn’t want to stain her shoes after the rain? And he carried her on his back every time she asked him for it.

She held him, hiding her face on his shoulder “Thanks Enosâ€.

Finally they arrived at the barn.

Inside it was dry, warmer than outside and, the most important thing, full of straw.

Enos sat down, rubbing down his ankle. Daisy knelt near him “Oh Enos, does it hurt? Why did you carry me on your back if your ankle hurts?â€

He smiled at her as usual. “Don’t worry, Daisy. The most important thing is that we are here now, and not outsideâ€. He looked around, keeping on smiling “Well, straw will warm us upâ€

Meanwhile, at the farm, uncle Jesse, Bo and Luke managed to call someone with the CB.

Rosco told them that Enos was at the Boar’s Nest with Daisy, but now he was reaching Silas farm.

After this communication the Dukes looked outside, worried. Silas farm wasn’t far away their farm, but they knew it was very dangerous to try to reach it from the Boar’s Nest; that road was very insidious.

And they knew for sure that Daisy wasn’t at the Boar’s Nest but she was with Enos.

Chapter 4

In the barn there was a lot of straw, and Enos and Daisy were sitting side by side, leaning on the straw. Enos was looking around.

Daisy looked at him, “Is your ankle hurting?

Enos shook his head, â€Only a bitâ€

Daisy smiled “Do you know, Enos? I was remembering when we were childrenâ€

Enos stared at her “Children? Why?â€

Daisy shrugged “I don’t know why. Only a thought.†She laughed “Do you remember when you carried me on your back ‘cause I didn’t want to make my new shoes dirty?â€, then she sighed “I was a selfish child, and even now I’m a selfish woman.â€

Enos smiled, “I don’t think so. You weren’t a selfish child, and you aren’t a selfish womanâ€

Daisy shook her head. “Oh Enos, you are always so kind, but sometimes I don’t deserve your sweetnessâ€

Enos shook again his head. “Why are you saying something so strange?â€

Daisy took a deep breath “’Cause I know you’ve always loved me, and I …. “, then she stopped, embarrassed. Why did she say something like that?

Enos blushed “You know, don’t you? Since I saw you for the first time. I was eight years old, and you was five years old. I remember you with pigtails and that yellow dress, and I remember your red shoes, your favourite ones. You worried when there were puddles in the streets ‘cause you didn’t want to soil your favourite shoes, but you didn’t mind ’bout it when you kicked your cousins after they joked in those puddles and they tried to dirty you and me tooâ€

They both burst laughing.

“Oh my God, I was a tomboy†said Daisy, laughing.

“And sometimes you are a tomboy even now. You drive like a man, you kick, you fight… and… did you try to beat Bo and Luke with a fry pan?â€

Daisy covered her face with her hands, laughing “Oh, no. Did Bo and Luke tell you something like that? I hope they don’t tell you everything is going on at the farm.â€

They kept on laughing.

“Hey Dais, do you remember when you cropped your hair ‘cause you wanted to look like Bo and Luke? You were ten years old. Do you rememeber?â€

Daisy blushed “Oh Enos, don’t let me remember it. My hair was so cute, and I decided to crop it with my own hands. I looked like a monster, with that sort of ……. disaster on my head. And, besides, at that time I was wearing braces. I was… awfulâ€

Enos smiled, whispering “You have never been awful Daisy. Even at that time you were beautifulâ€

Daisy looked sweetly at him “You are so sweet, Enos. You’ve always been sweet. At that time, when I had short hair and I wore braces, I fell in love with boys who didn’t even consider me. How many times did I cry because of those stupid guys? But you always made me laugh. I always told you everything about my crushes ‘cause I knew you listened to me, whereas Bo and Luke would have teased me. At that time I only wanted to become a beautiful womanâ€

Enos nodded “And you became a beautiful woman. When I left Hazzard and I went to the Police Academy, you were only a child, but when I came back few years later, well, I almost didn’t recognize you.â€

“When you came back†Daisy kept quiet a bit “our relationship changed. You seemed scared every time I approached you. And me too, I wasn’t anymore the old Daisy you knew before leaving. I knew that every man was looking at me, at that tomboy nobody looked at before, so I took my revenge. I liked tease men using my charm, and even now I’m using my charm to tease men. Sometimes I’m ashamed ‘cause I teased you too, even if you’ve been the only man who liked me not only for my body.â€

Daisy shivered, and Enos took off his jacket and put it on her shoulders. “It’s better to try to warm us up now. Even if we are indoors, the barn is coldâ€

Enos stood up and he began to create a sort of cubby in the straw. Daisy looked at him “Enos, what are you doing?â€. He smiled “I’m trying to make a bed where we can lie downâ€.

Daisy stared at him “Both?â€

He nodded “Yeah, we have to use our bodies warmthâ€

Daisy laid down in that cubby and Enos laid down near her. He used a blanket he took from the patrol car when they left it to smother them, then he used the straw to smother the blanket. So they were completely covered by both the blanket and the straw.

Daisy whispered “Hey Enos. Are we risking to suffocate?†Under the blanket it was dark and Daisy couldn’t see him but she was feeling his arms and his warmth around her chest.

Enos answered “ Don’t worry. It’s only a blanket, and straw won’t kill us but it will protect us against the cold…. But… why are you whispering?â€

Daisy laughed “Sorry, I’ve remembered when we were children and we concealed in my farm’s barnâ€.

They both burst laughing.

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 5

In their shelter made of straw, Enos and Daisy kept talking about their childhood.

“Do you remember, Enos? Your granny always worried about you. When you were late she always came at the farm looking for you; I remember her saying to uncle Jesse and aunt Martha: ‘someday I’ll find him dead in some ravine, or under a tree with his neck broken, or drowned in a pond’. And while she was talking, you always popped up limping because of a cut on your knee, or with your nose blooding…..â€

Enos laughed, “I’ve always been clumsyâ€

“Yes, clumsy but sweetâ€, told Daisy, caressing his cheek.

Enos blushed “Thanks Daisy….. I miss nan. I remember her crying when I decided to join the Police Academy; with her usual optimism she was saying to uncle Jesse and aunt Martha: ‘a cop? a gun in his hand? Surely he’ll dieâ€

They laughed again, then Daisy felt him shivering and she realized she was still wearing his jacket whereas he was wearing only his uniform shirt. “Enos, put your jacket on, please, I don’t need it anymore†said Daisy, but she shivered too.

“Don’t worry Daisy. Under the straw it isn’t cold. I don’t need my jacketâ€

Daisy hugged him, “Are you sure, honey?â€.

He nodded, putting his head on her shoulder and hugging her. Now he was resting on her, nearly covering her up. In the dark of their shelter Daisy blushed. It was the first time they were so near.

“Enos?†“what are you doing?†she thought.

“Am I too much heavy? I don’t want to hurt you, I’m only trying to protect you from the coldâ€

“Ah… OK. Don’t worry, you aren’t hurting me†“Only protect me from the cold?†she shook her head trying to stop thinking of how much Enos was near her, and, in particular, trying to stop thinking of how he liked it.

They kept talking about Hazzard, Boss, Rosco, her cousins, Cooter, and so on, but their voices were more and more slurred. Daisy called him “Enos, don’t fall asleep please. Talk to meâ€

Few minutes later they were both sleeping.

Daisy was looking outside the window. In his bed Enos was still sleeping.

The snow slowly stopped falling. The town was covered of that white blanket, and there was a strange silence; only the snow falling by trees made a dull thud. The sky was clear, and the sunlight was shining on the snow, and everything seemed brighter than usual.

Daisy was trying to remember how they had left that barn reaching Enos’s apartment, when Enos stirred, slowly opening his eyes.

“Hey Enos. Finally you are awake. Do you want a cup of coffee, honey?â€

He nodded, yawning.

The blizzard stopped, so Bo, Luke and uncle Jesse decided to look for Enos and Daisy.

On the road finally they saw Enos’s patrol car. When they approached it, it seemed empty. There was a branch on the bonnet, and another branch on the windscreen.

Luke looked inside the car. “Thankfully they aren’t inside. That branch broke the windscreenâ€

Bo and uncle Jesse reached Luke. The young cousin looked at the broken windscreen and at the branch inside the car, and he looked at Luke, worried “Do you think they are injured?â€

Luke shook his head “There’s no blood in the car, so I think they left it before this branch broke the windscreenâ€

Uncle Jesse looked around. “Ok, the branch didn’t hit them, but… where are they?â€

Luke pointed at the barn. “There. It’s the only place where they could go.â€

In Enos’s apartment Daisy was trying to remember everything, again and again, but her mind was confused.

“Enos? What’s happened in that barn?â€. He didn’t answer so she turned over and she saw him in front of her. He kissed her lips softly, and his touch made her shivered.

Suddenly the window opened and a cold blast hit her.

When she opened her eyes the apartment was empty. “Enos?†she called, but he didn’t answer. “ENOS?â€

When Daisy opened her eyes she saw uncle Jesse near her. “Daisy, wake up honeyâ€

She looked at him, in confusion, and she realized she was still in the barn. “Uncle Jesse, what’s happening? Where’s Enos?â€

She looked around and she saw her cousins trying to wake Enos up and wrapping him in a blanket.

All that thing in Enos’s apartment… so was it only a dream?

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 6

Uncle Jesse took Daisy in his arms “Come on, honey. You need our fireplace’s heatâ€.

Daisy nodded, but she couldn’t help looking at Bo and Luke who were taking Enos in their arms, and she couldn’t help searching for any Enos’s motion, but he was motionless.

In the General Lee she hugged him, calling his name, even if she felt very weak. Sometimes he shivered and he opened his eyes, but he didn’t move nor answered.

“Hurry up, Bo. He’s cold and his lips are blueâ€.

Finally they arrived at the farm.

Bo and Luke carried Enos near the fireplace, whereas Uncle Jesse was helping Daisy.

“Uncle Jesse, let me help Enos, pleaseâ€

Uncle Jesse shook his head, caressing her cheek. “Daisy, Bo and Luke are caring for him now. You too need help. So, please, take a hot bath, drink something hot, and then you’ll be able to help Enosâ€

“But…†Daisy tried to talk back, but uncle Jesse stopped her. “Daisy, sometimes you’re very stubbornâ€. Daisy remembered Enos’s words when they were at the Boar’s Nest “You’re very stubborn, Daisy†and she felt her eyes full of tears. “Daisy? Do you understand what I’m saying?†uncle Jesse asked, so she nodded and she entered the bathroom, closing the door behind her.

She took off the blanket uncle Jesse used to wrap her and she realized she was still wearing Enos’s jacket. She sat on the floor while hot water was filling the bathtub, looking at Enos’s jacket as she was hypnotized: its shoulder straps, its flag patch, its shoulder patch, its metal badge and its buttons. She smelled Enos’s scent.

Uncle Jesse knocked at the door. “Are you ok, Daisy?â€

Daisy suddenly woke up. “Yes, I’m entering the bathtubâ€. “How’s Enos?â€, she thought, without having the courage to say those few words.

She got undress, and, when her skin touched the hot water for the first time, she shivered. Slowly she felt water’s warmth and she relaxed. As usual uncle Jesse was right; she needed to get warm.

She looked at the ceiling and at the water vapour that was filling the bathroom. She shivered again and finally she felt better, so she stood up, wrapping herself in a towel and heading toward her bedroom.

She dressed with blue jeans and a jumper. She heard knocking at the door. When she opened the door uncle Jesse entered with a cup of hot chocolate in his hands and he sat on her bad.

Daisy looked at him, smiling. He was always so caring.

She sat near her uncle, she took the cup from his hands and she drank all the chocolate, grateful for her uncle’s help. Uncle Jesse hugged her, “Do you feel better, Daisy?â€. Daisy nodded, “How’s Enos?†but again she didn’t say anything.

Uncle Jesse looked at her, reading her mind. “Enos is OK. Bo and Luke phoned to Doc Appleby, telling him everything. Because of the snow he can’t come here, but he explained what to do and what not to do in this situation. He’ll come as soon as possible; meanwhile we are caring for Enos. Do you want to help us?â€.

Uncle Jesse and Daisy entered the living room.

Enos laid on the floor near the fireplace, wrapped in a blanket, and he was sleeping.

Daisy sat near him, caressing his head. She noticed that his lips weren’t blue anymore, and she sighed with relief.

“What we have to do now?†she asked her cousins.

Bo knelt near her, putting an arm around her shoulder. “We have only to wait he wakes up. And let the warmth cares for him, slowly, ‘cause Doc Appleby said it’s dangerous to warm him up too quickly. Now, tell us what’s happenedâ€

Daisy nodded and told her family everything about that day, then uncle Jesse, Bo and Luke told her how they found them.

Later they kept silent, thinking about what they had risked that day, and thanking God they were at the farm, all together, alive.

Daisy cuddled up under the blanket near Enos, falling asleep.

Uncle Jesse, Bo and Luke looked at them, remembering them in that barn and realizing that Enos and Daisy belonged to each other.

Epilogue

“Come on, boys. Come with me in the kitchen and help me to cook something for Enos and Daisy. When they’ll wake up, they’ll be hungryâ€. So Bo, Luke and uncle Jesse left Enos and Daisy in the living room. Before leaving, uncle Jesse stared at Daisy hugging Enos while she was sleeping. He smiled “Care for him, Daisy, as he’s cared for you in the barnâ€

Enos was walking on a white blanket made of snow. Everything around him was so silent, he could only hear snow’s crackling under his steps and under Daisy steps. He was 16 years old and Daisy 13, and they were walking holding their hands. As usual, he was taking Daisy to her home. It was evening, but it wasn’t snowing anymore and the moonlight let them see their way. Next week he had to left Hazzard to reach Police Academy.

“Enos†she called him, stopping.

He stopped, looking at her.

She looked at her feet, “Will you miss me when you’ll be away?â€

Enos smiled, blushing a bit, “Of course I’ll miss youâ€

Daisy kept looking at her feet.

“Hey, Dais†Enos called her.

Tears fell from Daisy’s eyes.

“Hey, Dais†Enos called her again “I’ll write you letters, so you won’t miss me so muchâ€

She smiled, nodding.

Suddenly she raised her head and she kissed him.

It was his first kiss. At that moment he felt as he wanted to stay with her for all his whole life.

After the kiss, she hugged him.

“I… I’ll write you and…. I….. I’ll call you when I’ll be away. I promise you, Dais†he said, thinking that all he wanted at that time was the strength to protect her.

She looked at him, smiling and blushing, “When you’ll come back home, I’ll be your wifeâ€

He nodded, blushing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daisy woke up near Enos, looking at him. Was it normal he was still sleeping? She touched him and she felt he wasn’t cold, so she relaxed.

At that moment, Enos stirred near her, saying “I’ll miss you, Daisâ€. He slowly opened his eyes, wondering where he was. He wasn’t in his apartment nor in the barn, but he recognized Dukes farm.

“Enos†Daisy’s voice called him, “Oh Enos, finally you are awakeâ€

She stood up, running to the kitchen “Uncle Jesse, Bo, Luke, he’s awakeâ€

Immediately everyone was around him in the living room. They were smiling; Bo and Luke slapped on his back. “Hey, buddy roe. You scared us. How do you feel?â€

Enos smiled “I think I’m fine. I’m able to move everything, so I think it’s a good thingâ€

“And now, Enos, my food will wake you up for good†said uncle Jesse, smiling “Come on, boysâ€

Uncle Jesse, Bo and Luke left Enos and Daisy alone.

Daisy looked at him, “Thank you, Enos. You saved me from freezingâ€

Enos shook his head, smiling, “Oh Dais. I’m alive ‘cause you were with me in that barnâ€, then he looked at the fireplace, and she didn’t understand if the red on his cheeks was because of the fire or because of her.

She smiled, then she sat on the sofa, looking down at him.

She was thinking about her dreams in that day, and in particular about her last dream. “I had a dream…â€

He kept looking at the fire-place, lost in his thoughts “I was 16 and Daisy was 13…â€

She looked at the floor “we were walking in streets completely covered of snowâ€

He sighed “the moonlight … a dazzling sight… like herâ€

She looked again at him “We walked on the thick carpet of snow, only hearing snow’s crackling under our stepsâ€

He turned over, looking at her and smiling “she asked me to marry herâ€

She smiled back “I asked him to marry meâ€

They heard uncle Jesse’s voice from the kitchen “Enos, Daisy, dinner is readyâ€

They stood up, answering “We are comingâ€

He looked again at her “Would you marry me even now you’re such a beautiful woman, Dais?â€

She took his hand, smiling, and they reached the kitchen.