New in Hazzard

enosgal

Hi, I'm Marilyn and I'm new here in Hazzard. Just wanted to let ya'll know I LOVE the fan fiction, especially jamanda's Enos/Daisy stories. I just finished Next Generation 1-3 and just drooled over the flashbacks and story line. Finally someone who treats Enos like a person and not just a stupid character. I have loved him ever since I first saw the show in '80 and always felt they didn't use him enough in the stories and was heartbroken when he and Daisy didn't get married. I missed all the reunions, hopefully they'll be added to DVDs somewhere. Oh well, I live in northern MN and am enjoying the snow.

Gad you liked are story haven't wrote much since Amanda is In Thailand and I'm busy with work. My sister and I share the screen name. she seems to be a better writer then me. She also has a English degee.She will however be coming home for 6 mo fourlough this year so maybe can update the story some if we have time. Both of us like Enos as you can tell if read any of our stories. We both think Daisy should married Enos.

Great to hear from you. That's great that the two of you write together. I'll keep Amanda in my prayers since she's so far away and in an area not so stable. It's great to have such talented folks here. I don't write, but I sure enjoy reading the stories. thanks again Marilyn

Hi enosgal (Marilyn) Welcome to Hazzard County. Northern Minnesota sounds like a cool place (literally). Are there wolves around where you live? I used to be really interested in them a lot and I remember that one of the places that zooligists studied them extensively was Presque Isle Royale.

My favorite NBA team is the Timberwolves (I liked them before KG got there and I still like them now that he's gone) They got a lot of rebuilding to do with that team. Anyway, I'm getting off the subject. You're here for the Dukes and so are we. You'll love this place. I'm not good with computers either. I've only been using one for less than a year. I never liked them before and I still don't like them now because I think we're getting too dependant on technology. I'll make an exception for the Hazzardnet though. You'll find out folks here are like family. We hope you stay a long time. Buckle up for safety. Possum on a gumbush!!!!

It is literally a cool place, we topped out at 22 degrees today with snow. Yes, we have wolves in our area, but they're shy so we don't see them much unless they run across the road or something. We do hear them howling at night though. We also have moose, bald eagles, lots of deer, coyotes and horned owls to name a few. It's a great place to live especially if you like outdoor stuff. thanks for the reply, I'll try to answer everyone who talks.

Yes I am. I found fanfiction.net about a month ago and have devoured all the Dukes I found there. Love it and all the writers, but I'm always looking for more Enos stories. His character has always struck a cord with me and I was always hoping they would use him and develop his character more on the series, but unfortunately, they never did. That's what fanfic is for tho, right? LOL see ya'll around

hey, thanks for all the emails to straighten me out. I can basically do email and look up a few things, but this technology is a bit much for me. I learned to type on a MANUAL typewriter if that's any indication of my age. LOL. I like Rosco, too-the way he and Enos interacted was great and I love seeing it in the shows I have now. They never used James Best as much as they could have, either. Oh well, hindsight is always clearer to us common folks.

Thanks, how's the weather in Montreal? I'm in northern MN, so I imagine it's about the same, white and frozen. LOL

The weather in Montreal is insane lately. For for the past week we been caught in a January thaw. One day it went to almost 50 degrees!

We had 3 major snow storms in the past month so the melting snow caused river banks to overflow and some homes were flooded, Category 1 hurricane winds toppled electric poles, trees and a couple of trucks. Big mess.

Today it's back to normal, white and frozen like you say which is how it's supposed to be. It's 12 degrees with the wind chill. In January and February it can go down to -22F to -31F. I've seen go to -40F. With the wind chill of course. Brrr.

We had a minor thaw (up to 30 on the plus side), but didn't last more than 2 days so that wasn't long enough to melt anything too badly. Now, it's back to our normal +teens during the day and -something at night. I wish we'd gotten some snow out of it, we need a bit more for spring thaw. Oh well, February and March are our wettest winter months so we'll get some more soon. Good luck and hope you don't have any problems with all the mess. Marilyn

Hello Enosgal!

Just wanted to wish you a HUGE welcome! It looks like you have already met quite a few people already. I hope that you meet many more great people to come! It's so nice for you to join us. And on those cold nights, sit down, drink some coffee (or hot chocolate 8-) ) and just chat with us Hazzard folk. I look forward to seeing you around this place!

Welcome to Hazzard County!

Laura Duke

Hello again, enosgal,

I tend to agree with you, don't you wish everyone got along like they do in Hazzard? Well, except for the spats between Boss Hogg and the Dukes. So, I was reading that you love Enos' character. I tend to agree, it's a great show with him, I just can't imagine it without him!

What are some of your hobbies? Do you have any Duke hobbies?

Well, I'm sure that I'll chat with you again soon!

Laura Duke