Makin my own General Lee Replica

TomBo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Tombo, I just spent the last 25 minutes looking at every single picture from the very first to the very end. I haven't been on in months, but this past 25 minutes were the best time I ever did spend.

Once I passed my last comment I post to your thread, I was in awwww, on how much work there was to restoring a '69 charger into your own general lee, and I was thinking, OMG, if I want to do this, I have a lot of steps to follow, still want to do it?

Then I thought, hell yes, don't care how long it takes, I still want to make my own General Lee, just as soon as I can fund it.

I can't thank you enough, or praise the work you have put into making this General Lee of yours and sharing your steps with us, I was like a kid who was over thrilled and pumping with excitement as I viewed each step carefully.

This was so incredible to me, so very incredible, thank you again for sharing your love for building your very own General Lee, awesome works!!!!

Hey Tombo, I just spent the last 25 minutes looking at every single picture from the very first to the very end. I haven't been on in months, but this past 25 minutes were the best time I ever did spend.

Once I passed my last comment I post to your thread, I was in awwww, on how much work there was to restoring a '69 charger into your own general lee, and I was thinking, OMG, if I want to do this, I have a lot of steps to follow, still want to do it?

Then I thought, hell yes, don't care how long it takes, I still want to make my own General Lee, just as soon as I can fund it.

I can't thank you enough, or praise the work you have put into making this General Lee of yours and sharing your steps with us, I was like a kid who was over thrilled and pumping with excitement as I viewed each step carefully.

This was so incredible to me, so very incredible, thank you again for sharing your love for building your very own General Lee, awesome works!!!!

Wow I mean well WOW thats so very cool to hear that you or anyone else would take the time to view all the shots & steps & process from A-Z like that. I loved doing it & I have to be honest I am no done yet but honestly I am kinda sad it's mostly over ya know? Weird I know but true.

The car is a BLAST 100% to take out. I find myself looking at the weather and whenever its lookin good Away I GO! lol.

I will see if I can get the onemedia.com montage I did up on here somehow. I has no words but music & it goes through the pictures for you.

Again Dukefan thanks for the praise it's most welcomed!

Tom

Edited by TomBo

I saw them reply about your headlights being dim, could be a bad ground.

It may be but beside the headlights dukefan1 I have a radio that cuts out when the RPM's get to high & a studder start meaning I go to start the car & I get nuttin but then I (GET THIS) I wiggle the drivers seat & bam it starts so I got a short there somehow too. I think the guy who installed the headliner shorted out my interior light or maybe its Gremlins?

Im in NJ so its cold now & the car is sittin in the garage. I have been collecting parts to put in/on it & this far I have sittin here awaiting application:

an aluminum radiator

rear bumperettes

engine wiring harness

forward light harness

headlights

new door locks

new side view mirror

more dynomat for the doors & trunk area

& I'm sure theres more but when I do I will be sure to post more pix

Here is the Montage link of my General going through the process of becomign a General.

Oh by the way go get something to eat or drink or go to the bathroom because it's about 16 minutes LOL.

Heres to hoping it works & that you enjoy.

Tom

(ps the music gets better had to find 3 songs that lasted 16 minutes!)

http://www.onetruemedia.com/my_shared?z=ff6cb7fb2aff85e6f83be&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

* Quote* Wow I mean well WOW thats so very cool to hear that you or anyone else would take the time to view all the shots & steps & process from A-Z like that. I loved doing it & I have to be honest I am no done yet but honestly I am kinda sad it's mostly over ya know? Weird I know but true.

The car is a BLAST 100% to take out. I find myself looking at the weather and whenever its lookin good Away I GO! lol.

I will see if I can get the onemedia.com montage I did up on here somehow. I has no words but music & it goes through the pictures for you.

Again Dukefan thanks for the praise it's most welcomed!

Tom * unquote*

You are quite welcome Tom, it is a dream of mine to be able to do what you did, and just to see how much work it really takes to make a General Lee the right way as you done, takes pride and patience and a lot of time, I can't thank you enough for posting this thread, it means more to me than I can I ever say.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Man I dunno bout all you guys but it is C O L D here in NJ. I a mwanting to play/work on my car so bad but the cold tells me, "no shot".

I have been buying what I can since it's been gettin colder & colder & I have not aquired a nice stockpile that should keep me busy long after it startes warming up here on the east coast!

The parts/ Items I have so far to go on the car are:

New Alluminum Radiator

Remote driver side mirror

Engine wiring harness

Front light harness

Rear bumperettes

Console woodgrain kit

Just ordered new door panels & rear panels

also ordered seat buns & F & B seat covers

all from Legendary...

Just picked up head rests today!

I am chompin at the bit to play with this car again...........

Just wanted to let ya'll know that I have not disappeared and that I'll still post pix!

• 2 weeks later...
Man I dunno bout all you guys but it is C O L D here in NJ. I a mwanting to play/work on my car so bad but the cold tells me, "no shot".

I have been buying what I can since it's been gettin colder & colder & I have not aquired a nice stockpile that should keep me busy long after it startes warming up here on the east coast!

The parts/ Items I have so far to go on the car are:

New Alluminum Radiator

Remote driver side mirror

Engine wiring harness

Front light harness

Rear bumperettes

Console woodgrain kit

Just ordered new door panels & rear panels

also ordered seat buns & F & B seat covers

all from Legendary...

Just picked up head rests today!

I am chompin at the bit to play with this car again...........

Just wanted to let ya'll know that I have not disappeared and that I'll still post pix!

Oh good, can hardly wait, I so love seeing your pics, so much so, I went through this thread again..heheheh

LOL thanks bud. This weather is funky right now here & I have a ONE car garage that allows just the car in there. 2 days ago its snowed all day & today its supposed to be 55!.

Yeah, mother nature is ill manured more and more each year, the last week we had a total of a foot of snow, and now tomorrow is suppose to mild up to +7 as opposed to -28 last night, no wonder I am sick the last 3 days...lol

I been meaning to ask you Tom, If I could save these pics as reference to the day I get me a charger, I haven't given up the dream, even though it sure is a dim one, but still in my heart,I sure would appreciate that.:)

Yeah, mother nature is ill manured more and more each year, the last week we had a total of a foot of snow, and now tomorrow is suppose to mild up to +7 as opposed to -28 last night, no wonder I am sick the last 3 days...lol

I been meaning to ask you Tom, If I could save these pics as reference to the day I get me a charger, I haven't given up the dream, even though it sure is a dim one, but still in my heart,I sure would appreciate that.:)

I dont ever plan on gettin rid of the pictures, costs nuttin to keep'em right?

Oh & remember all the pictures you see on line here tiems that by 3 or 4 as to how many more I actually have!

I did a montage dunno if I posted on here or not but thought I did. I am going to order a DVD of all the pictures w/music after I get the car 100% done.

I dont ever plan on gettin rid of the pictures, costs nuttin to keep'em right?

Oh & remember all the pictures you see on line here tiems that by 3 or 4 as to how many more I actually have!

I did a montage dunno if I posted on here or not but thought I did. I am going to order a DVD of all the pictures w/music after I get the car 100% done.

very cool indeed, what music ya gona have for your dvd montage of all your pics?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...