Makin my own General Lee Replica

TomBo

Hey TomBo, I see you've been on the Hazzardnet for 2 years. How long have you been working on this General?

Roger funny you asked that because its been almost that long. I know for a fact by dated pix that the car was poicked up by the bodyguy a year ago this past Feb. JUST WENT BACK & LOOKED. Irionically it was Feb, 17 2006 when I brought the car to my house from mom's yard. 1yr later it was picked up for bodywork & now its been another yr & a month

BUT

I am by no means in a rush. The deal with that is:

I had a 70 coronet that I turned into a clone Bee & sold by the same bodyguy when he was in business with another guy, they split & my guy went on his own at home & wanting to make a name 4 himself I bartered & said "do you know how many people are going to stop & ask where, when, by who, how much?" (wont answer that last one though, LOL) & we agreed on a price & he had other smaller jobs pop in and out the entire time my car was there and outa the weather & I didnt care because it was safe.

Here is the b4 & after of the 70 coronet turned into a clone Bee he did 4 me.

e4e9e77f.jpg

I am as excited as you are tombo, and it 's not even my car...lol, I can't wait for the two weeks or so to go by, like wow man, step by step is goooood.

Thanks Dukefan its always good to hear comments. I will as always take tonsa pix & post away as soon as I get home with them.!

Thanks for the background story on this Charger! You made yourself one heck of an investment when you nabbed it for $1500. I haven't seen a project Charger that cheap in....well, like you said, it has to be 10 years.

I do follow your progress here - I don't always take the time to comment depending on how full my day is, but I enjoy watching it come together.

Excellent bud, I am happy to see that people are looking & checkin out te progress. I didnt start out to make an authentic replice or a GA specific car or Cally specific car I just wanted a General & as time goes on & I learned more I decided to do more to it than I had 1st started out with in mind.

Thanx for the reply & I will keep the info & pix coming.

• 3 weeks later...

Car is now in "High Build" primer & all that is left is:

Drill the holes for the check moldings (vinyl top trim)

Finish the hood I have or buy teh new one I am going to look at tomm.

Primer sealer

sand that

PAINT!

Here is the car b4 all the above

DSCF1966.jpg

DSCF1968.jpg

Pix and more pix...Please...

Love this build up. It shows us that with a little patience, you can get it done.

This has been one of the better GL threads on here. It is like waiting for the next issue of Hot Rod for the next part of a series.

Hopefully this summer I can start my project. Just getting it first and then putting it in the garage, well maybe next summer then..

Keep up the great work

I'm gone

Darrell

Pix and more pix...Please...

Love this build up. It shows us that with a little patience, you can get it done.

This has been one of the better GL threads on here. It is like waiting for the next issue of Hot Rod for the next part of a series.

Hopefully this summer I can start my project. Just getting it first and then putting it in the garage, well maybe next summer then..

Keep up the great work

I'm gone

Darrell

Now thats funny I don't care who you are LOL..... Thanks thouggh Darrell mucho appreciated.

I actually just bought a hood today thats been in storage for around 30 yrs!!!!!

scared to death coming home people beeping & so on but I had not a care in the world but the safe delivery to my bodyman!

DSCF1969.jpg

DSCF1971.jpg

DSCF1972.jpg

TomBo, Thanks for doing this. I know you're doing all the work and I'm just a spectator on the computer but to me it's a great fantasy to feel like I'm part of building the General Lee. I feel like I've stepped back into Hazzard County in the late 70s and am watching Bo and Luke build the General with my very own eyes.

Keep up the good work buddy. This is fun!!

Maryanne, I cannot wait either. It is exciting but also a bit scary. I hope all goes well is all.

Roger yer a trip...LOL.

I will post more pictures as always.

Tonight I am drilling the holes for the vinyl top trim to go on & also sanding that new hood I got down to be ready for paint Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

Believe it or not IT HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The car, MY CAR, MY GENERAL was shot today and is now in ALL ok ok almost all its glory!

Arrived at the bodyguys house at 9am Saturday & sanded some last minute areas including the top & bottom of new hood, drilled holes in new metal to fit the chrome that needs to be added after the car is painted and prepped the car. This all took til 2pm & then it began. The next shots are how they happened all day saturday 5/24/08.

DSCF2103.jpg

yea yea thats me!

DSCF2109.jpg

DSCF2111.jpg

wet sanded car also as you can see

DSCF2115.jpg

DSCF2186.jpg

DSCF2188.jpg

DSCF2189.jpg

DSCF2191.jpg

Thank you to all of you tha thave folloed this thread this far.

I am going to keep on going with it til I am satisfied with the car if thats ok with you?" LOL. Comments and questions are always welcome ask away. Tom

Sorry I just cannot stop smiling!

Can't blame ya for not stopping on the smiling..

Looks good so far. Was there a reaon the windshield and window trim wasn't taken off? You had the back window out...Just curious.

I'm gone

Darrell

The windshield was replaced, so the chrome was not only taken off, but it's still not on the car, look closely at the pix.

Rear window is still out & all rear trim is still off & rear window still out of the car.

The lower side rear window trim was left right where it was & taped up just right. Did not want to dis-assemble that anymore than I already had & it came out perfect no traces of the old paint.