Makin my own General Lee Replica

TomBo

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

TomBo,

Great pics as always, thank you for sharing them with everybody here. Sonny is a class act. It's always worth the trip to see him.

You've put a lot of hard work into your General and the pride you've taken in the project shows in every photo you've posted.

But ya know what, seeing your little guy in there in the General Lee go-cart, while you haul in your deck lid for an autograph, might be the best photo you've posted yet. It says it all.

In fact, I'm wondering if you'd give us permission to post that photo on the homepage of HazzardNet in a couple of weeks. It would fit perfectly with a write-up I'm working on.

Brian

HazzardNet Administrator

TomBo,

Great pics as always, thank you for sharing them with everybody here. Sonny is a class act. It's always worth the trip to see him.

You've put a lot of hard work into your General and the pride you've taken in the project shows in every photo you've posted.

But ya know what, seeing your little guy in there in the General Lee go-cart, while you haul in your deck lid for an autograph, might be the best photo you've posted yet. It says it all.

In fact, I'm wondering if you'd give us permission to post that photo on the homepage of HazzardNet in a couple of weeks. It would fit perfectly with a write-up I'm working on.

Brian

HazzardNet Administrator

Brian, I would not mind you using my picture of me & my lil guy on your write up.

Just make sure ya send me the link to my email tomdroptop@aol.com so I can check it out.

Tom (ps thanks for asking 2 use the pic)

Awesome TomBo, Us folks on the HazzardNet have watched that General Lee of yours grow up from a baby (well, make that a junker) so it's nice to see updated pictures of it!!....well, at least a part of it. Enos is such a southern gentleman!!

Roger,

yea it was sure a junker fer sure & it has come a long way too.

I will get more pix on here of it. All of it lol.

It has been out to shows & is winning...even took 3rd up

Chryslers @Carlisle & its not 100% yet (never did under the hood yet)

Plans R 2 do that this fall

Brian, I would not mind you using my picture of me & my lil guy on your write up.

Just make sure ya send me the link to my email tomdroptop@aol.com so I can check it out.

Tom (ps thanks for asking 2 use the pic)

You got it. I'll send you a preview of the write-up and photo before it's posted on our homepage. Give me about a week to get the draft ready for you, I've got one other thing to finish first.

Thanks! And congrats on the car show, that's awesome.

Brian

HazzardNet Administrator

thank you thank you thank you

By The Way I have this coming up next weekend (was postponed due 2 rain)

6056_1101771315821_1572863419_30295265_3261189_n.jpg

I saw the show was going to be a benefit & that there was gonna be a Batmoibile & Green Hornet car so I called the guy runnin it & mentioned I had a General Lee & knew a guy close with a Herbie & another guy with a Starsky & Hutch car & would it be ok to come to the event.

The guy said sure, since then its been postponed til 8/29/09 due 2 rain.

I have also been in contact with a Christine car & a K.I.T.T. Car & they are both commited & I am searching for a Smokey & the Bandit TA & a Delorean to see if they can come.. I think it would be pretty cool!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am so impressed with the interior detail and all the work you put in to every detail Of the General Lee, also you must have been in high heaven, getting signatures, from Daisy(Cathrine), Enos(sony), Bo(John) and Rosco(james) on various part of you General Lee, must have been amazing.:)

You done an excellent job on your General Lee, and in spite of all the work I seen you do, I still want to do the same, your work is amazing 100% :)

I am so impressed with the interior detail and all the work you put in to every detail Of the General Lee, also you must have been in high heaven, getting signatures, from Daisy(Cathrine), Enos(sony), Bo(John) and Rosco(james) on various part of you General Lee, must have been amazing.:)

You done an excellent job on your General Lee, and in spite of all the work I seen you do, I still want to do the same, your work is amazing 100% :)

WQW! Thanks so much for that. It's great to see people lookin at my pictures & then to have someone like yourself make such an awesome comment, well it floors me. I REALLY love owning this car.

Gettin the autographs from the cast & having Byron drive the car not to mention taking it to shows & parades....it's all so so so much fun. Honestly MORE than I ever anticipated. People tell me at shows "Beautiful car, Love it, or man I always wanted one". I have a fewl responses I usually say, Thanks so much, It's a fun car! Then I also say from time to time, it's so much fun to take it out I feel like I should have to pay someone.

"WQW! Thanks so much for that. It's great to see people lookin at my pictures & then to have someone like yourself make such an awesome comment, well it floors me. I REALLY love owning this car.

Gettin the autographs from the cast & having Byron drive the car not to mention taking it to shows & parades....it's all so so so much fun. Honestly MORE than I ever anticipated. People tell me at shows "Beautiful car, Love it, or man I always wanted one". I have a fewl responses I usually say, Thanks so much, It's a fun car! Then I also say from time to time, it's so much fun to take it out I feel like I should have to pay someone."

You know Tombo, I would be in high heaven as well if I was in your shoes, I would feel so proud, so out of this world with all that came with your work and meeting and getting signatures from The DOH cast.:)

I would not be able to stop smiling, something like this would affect my life forever, such hard work you put in to this rebuilding The General Lee, and to say , this is my work, my car, would be the greatest honor in the world.:)

I sure wish I could meet you one day with your "General Lee" and go for a ride, I would be like a little kid I swear>:p

ANYTIME! I mean anytime yer in NJ that is or anywhere else i take the car to that is. That goes for anyone out there. If you see I am going to be somewhere please by all means approach me & away we go!

I am actually going to try & go to a show tomm that allows you to drive your ride on the racetrack. It's called Thunderbolt raceway in Millville NJ. will keep you posted how that goes!

ANYTIME! I mean anytime yer in NJ that is or anywhere else i take the car to that is. That goes for anyone out there. If you see I am going to be somewhere please by all means approach me & away we go!

I am actually going to try & go to a show tomm that allows you to drive your ride on the racetrack. It's called Thunderbolt raceway in Millville NJ. will keep you posted how that goes!

Oh that sounds exciting, would be cool if you got yourself video taped on the track, inside view and out of the race/ride.:)

• 1 year later...

Hey!!!!!

i just went through the entire link here & looked & read all the posts (1 hour or so later lol) I wanted to get everyone up to spped & see how everyone was doing?

We have won over 35 trophies with the General and have done under the engine compartment since I last wrote on here too.

Pictures you say?!?!? lol S U R E...lemme go get'em

Pulled it out (yes with the hood on!!!)

DSC_2301.jpg

Dirty old bird aint she?

DSC_2304.jpg

Then we taped of every possible entrance for the sand to get in & sand blasted away 40 years or grease & grime in 10 minutes!!!

DSC_2306.jpg