Whiskey, Dukes, and Uncle Sam

LoriDavenport

Dixie said, "If she is that easy, we may have all jumped to the wrong conclusion totally."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke's stomach was empty but he continued to heave for a long while. He was starting to worry Bo. As he stood up and bent over the General's hood basically hugging the car. He was hurting from 'dry heaving' and knew it would only be worse later. "Bo. What am I going to do here?

Bo tried to be reasonable, "Luke first you need to talk to her. Did she SAY it was yours?"

Luke swallowed and tried to stand holding on to the General Lee, "I didn't even ask, Bo."

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo looked at Luke."Look cousin....your gonna have to talk to her sooner or later, why not come to the Boar's Nest with me, and go talk to her about it?"

Luke took a deep breath and sighed, "Yeah, you are right Bo. I got to know." Luke headed to the driver's side of the car.

Bo stepped in front of Luke, "Cousin I hate to be the one to tell ya this, but you are in NO shape to drive a bike let alone the General."

Luke nodded, "I think you are probably right. What are you goign to do about Daisy's car?"

Bo said, "I'll see where Cooter is." Bo got in the General Lee and called on the CB, "This is Lost Sheep 2 calling Crazy C."

At the Boar's Nest Daisy heard the call and got Cooter to the radio. Cooter answered, "This is Crazy Cooter coming back at ya Lost Sheep."

Daisy was hanging on every word thinking of ways to kill Bo if he'd hurt her car!

Bo replied, "Cooter, can you come out to Benson's meadow and pick up Daisy's car and TELL he it's fine. I'm just gonna drive the General."

Daisy and Cooter looked at each other. Both had heard 'how' Luke had pulled out and knew something was up if Bo was going to drive the General Lee and leave Daisy's car. Daisy asked, "You aren't going to tell them over the radio are you?"

Cooter said, "No, I'll talk to them out there." In to the radio he said, "On my way fellas."

Bo looked at Luke, "Well, if Cooter's on his way let's go ahead back to the Boar's Nest and get this over with."

Luke replied, "Yeah no use setting here."

As the boys luck would be they passed Cooter about halfway to the Boar's Nest. Cooter shook his head and was actually relieved that Daisy would likely be talkign to them and not him.

At the Boar's Nest Daisy looked up and was suprised to see Bo and Luke come back in. She would have figured them to have gone on to the jail.

As Daisy had a tray of beers she walked over to the boys as she set them down to the customers,"I thought ya'll was at the jail?"

Bo and Luke were still trying to spot Dixie and Lori, as well as Amy. Luke looked at Daisy and asked, "I know I'm going to hate myself for this, but why would you think us at the jail?"

Bo added, "Yeah, where are the girls?"

Daisy sighed,"THATS why I thought ya'lld be at jail...seems Lori and Dixie saw Amy and don't take ya'll much to figure who threw the first punch."

Bo looked at Luke and Luke returned the same look to Bo, "Lori..." They said in unison.

Luke added, "Rosco was in the back?" He shook his head, "Come on Bo!"

Bo was already in motion, "Yes, Sir!"

Bo and Luke got in the General and took off down the road, kicking up dirt and gravels.

Soon later they arrived to the jail and grusomely walked in. Luke saw Amy up stairs and thought of Lori and Dixie down. Luke slowly walked over to Amy's cell and sighed,"Look...sorry I ran out at the Boar's Nest..."

Downstairs, Lori and Dixie were talking to Lori quieted Dixie. She stood on her bunk and looked through the vent above, she could hear every word being said. Lori snickered and listened in. She looked at Dixie and stuck her thumb up. Dixie nodded and went to the bars that seperated her and Lori. Lori listened in.

Amy let out a heafty sigh and looked down. When she looked back up at him she looked away quickly,"Its...its..I don't know if it's yours or Ernie's.."

Lori almost fell off the bunk when she heard it was might be Ernie's!! Dixie listened and flipped out! Both were dying to laugh but knew they'd be caught.

Luke sighed and looked at her tiliting her chin up,"Even if it isn't mine...I'll still take care of it somehow..."

Dixie, who heard looked down. Lori cussed!

When she heard him Lori screamed,"LUKAS K. DUKE!!!! GET YOUR A** DOWN HERE!!! AND STOP MAKIN PROMISES YOU CAN'T KEEP!!!!"

Bo heard the bloody call and looked at Luke and his eyes got big,"Glad its you and NOT me...."

Luke swallowed hard and looked down the steps. When he approached them he was shaking like a leaf on a tree. He made his way down and looked at Lori seeing the tension. He saw Dixie who had a sort of hurt/angry expression.

Luke walked to Dixie's bars and Lori paced,"Why on earth do you make promises you tend NOT to keep??"

Dixie sighed and looked down. Lori waited for the answer.

Luke looked at Lori like she'd grown two heads,"What are you talking bout?"

Lori growled,"You just promised Amy that you'd take care of her child even if it AINT yours..." Lori's fingers strummed on the bars.

Luke looked at the vent and cursed lowly. He looked at Lori,"Well what else was I spose to tell her!!"

Lori shrugged,"How the he** should I know!!! Coulda atleast told her the truth!!"

Luke scratched his head and looked at Dixie,"Im sorry....bu if she is and it's mine...I gotta help her..."

Dixie nodded,"I understand Luke...I do..."

Luke smiled and hugged Dixie through the bars. Bo looked at Lori then to Luke. Luke smiled,"Whats wrong Bo?"

Bo looked at Lori and then to Luke,"Shes scares me...."

Lori smiled and snorted,"Good..."

Bo swallowed and walked to the bars, he reached through and hugged her as well and sighed.

Luke and Bo looked at the girls,"I expect a'll to get out tomorrow WITHOUT getting into more trouble.." The boys turned their sttention towards Lori. Lori held he rhands up in defeat and stepped back.

Luke and Bo left the jail and headed to the farm.

~~~~~~~~

Cooter all the while had towed Daisy's car back to her and set around for a while sipping on a beer. He paid Daisy and left heading home.

~~~~~~~~~~~

That next morning.......

Luke was up early. He had already finished his chores and started on Bo's. He did not want to face Jesse with all this this morning but was thankful he didn't have to last night.

Jesse made his way into kitchen to start coffee only to find the pot still warm and half full. He looked up to see Daisy, "You the one who made coffee already?"

Daisy shook her head no, "Probably Luke unless I miss my guess."

Jesse raised his eyebrow and waited.

Daisy shook her head, "Uncle Jesse I don't think it's my place. Just talk to Luke or maybe just listen to him this morning. Last night at the Boar's Nest was bad!"

Jesse respected Daisy for not betraying Luke and he knew she would tell him later if Luke did not. "Ok, Daisy."

Luke came in from doing all the chores even before Bo was up. He knew he needed to be at the courthouse early for all the girls so the chores had to be done.

Jesse looked at him, "You're up early, want to tlak about it?"

Luke was greatful that Daisy was either not up or in the shower, and Bo of course was still asleep. He replied, "Ah, yeah, just give me a second to get something." Luke went and got the old calendar Jesse had given him several months ago. When he walked back in he said before setting it down, "Remember when you gave this to me you said it could save me or hang me?" He had the calendar turned to March.

Jesse took a long drink of coffee and replied, "I remember."

Luke said, "You also said you didn't want to see it but now I think you should. I just may need a referee!"

Jesse eyes widen and waited.

Luke explained, "Please just hear me out before you yell at me. Ok, the first time............"

Jesse looked at Luke with stern eyes, but a soft face.

Luke continued, "That I was with Dixie may or may not be factor but it was the last week of Feb.; Lori got out of jail for running shine after 90 days on March 1. I understand she and Bo were together that night. I ran into her and ended up with her March 2; later that day I went to the Boar's Nest adn Amy Creavy, you remember her, showed up and that is the night I didn't come home. Need I say more. There was a fight on March 3rd at teh Boar's Nest where Dixie and Daisy got me out. Me and Dixie were together that night. Uncle Jesse, Amy showed up last night at the Boar's Nest she is obviously pregnant. I talked to her at the jail and she told me it may be mine or Ernie Ledbetter's of all people's,.....Luke uttered a few profanities, ......... The only conclusion I can come to is when I went out with Dixie on the 3rd, Amy was peeved and went out with Ernie to get even. Jesse that turnio brain won't take care of her........"

Jesse finished Luke's sentence,"Then you said you would take care of her huh??? Luke you promised yet another girl something that you can't entirely know you can keep that promise."

Luke nodded and sighed.

That next morning Bo and Luke drove to twon to get the girls. When they got there Frankie had already gotten Amy out. Bo and Luke saw the girls walk up they pushed pass them and went out to the General humped up. Bo and Luke shook their heads and walked outside and climbed in the General. Luke looked through the mirror and sped towards the farm.

Lori was the first to talk,"Alright you two.....I want to go home...."

Luke nodded,"Ohh your goign home..."

Lori glared at him and glared at Bo.

They took them to the farm to have a nice friendly chat...

As they got to the farm, Luke said, "I wanted to get the three of ya'll out here together and talk this thing over but I see Frankie had already got Amy. I'm going to have to find her and talk to her."

Before either girl could saly antyhing Bo turned down the Luke driveway only to see Lucifer setting in the yard.

Luke sighed.

Dixie said, "Well, looks like you don't have to look real far. Ya know I told you last night I understood you wanting to help IF that is your child and I do. Luke what hurts me is that you offered to help even if its' not yours. Why?"

Luke replied, "That's why we need to have this talk."

Lori snorted,"Yea hes just trying to be a bigshot....he wants two women at one time now!! just call him big daddy!"

Luke shot Lori a look as Bo stopped the General beside Lucifer. "Good luck cousin!" Luke glared at him.

Jesse stepped to the porch, "You ALL just come on in here and get settled down and Lori that means you too!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once everyone was settled down Jesse said, "Ok, now. I've talked to Luke earlier. I'll tell you all I don't approve of his actions or those of several others of you all in this room. But, Luke feels, and I tend to agree that if this talk happens anywhere but right here. So I'm going to set right here and I expect you all to also until we decide how to handle this. Luke?"

Luke took a deep breath and began, "I need to talk to I guess all three of you all but I'd sorta like to be able to with out worrying about a knife in my back while doing it."

Dixie looked at Amy and Lori, "Ok, Luke."

Amy said, "I just came to the Boar's Nest to talk to you. I didn't want any trouble."

Lori raised an eyebrow,"Get on with this rooms toooo small fer the three of us....Don't worry won't be your back the knife would be sticking in...." She glared at Amy.

Jesse scolded, "Loren!"

Lori looked down,"Sorry Sir..." She grumbled and mumbled death threats.

Jesse shot her another look, but let her mumble.

Luke turned to Amy, "Ok, so I've pretty much got this figured out I think. The night after we together I stood you up at the Boar's Nest. You and Ernie were together that night?"

Amy wasn't real comfortable reveiling details of her sex life in front of half the County, but answered, "Yeah, that's right Luke."

Luke added, "Which was about twenty four hours after we were together."

Amy nodded.

Luke said, "Well, you can ask Bo and Lori if a Doctor hasn't already told you there is no way tell who's it is until after the baby is born." Luke sighed and figured to lay out all his card now while Jesse was there. "Amy the way this all falls together since you confirmed when you were with Ernie is: Lori was with Bo Mar 1; I was with Lori Mar 2nd; Amy and I were together the night of Mar 2nd - 3rd; I was also with Dixie the night of Mar 3rd; which happens to be the night Amy confirmed she was with Ernie" Luke swore. "So,..........."

Jesse summed up, "So, in case ya'll can't do the math. Luke here could be the father of one, two or four! And if he is the father of four they were all concieved in with in forty-eight hours of each other." Jesse let that sink in then said, "There is one party possibly involved in this entire mess that needs to know he is possibly a father."

Luke sighed, "Ernie."

Jesse nodded, "Ernie."

Amy covered her face, "Yeah, Ernie."

Jesse asked, "Who is going to tell him?"

Lori smirked,"OOO OO LET ME!!!!" Everyone in the room looked at Lori and yelled."LORI!!! SHUT UP!!!"

Lori hunkered down,"What??? Im the only one that can keep the peace with him...."

Luke had that look in his eye as he thought,"No...shes actually got a point for once."

Lori smiled and nodded,"See there!!" She looked at Luke with a look of confusion."Wait...I do?"

Luke smirked and nodded, smiling,"I know shocking aint it? You go to the Boar's Nest and tell him....you can get him to believe you more thna any of us...."

Lori snorted,"If that was suppose to tell me thanks for springing me the idea Lori it aint working!!!"

Luke shook his head and pointed,"Just go tell him huh?"

Lori made a gruesome face,"At your command master."

In unison they all sighed with frustration,"LORI!!!!!"

Lori winced,"WHAT??"

Everyone pointed,"Just git!!"

Lori shook her head,"Fine fine Im going!!!!" She wlake dout the door with Bo following her. He'd drive her and wait.

~~~~~~~~~

Lor iarrived at the Boar's Nest seeing Ernie set there. She smiled and walked in.

"Ernie my good man....I got some news fer ya....."

Ernie stopped her,"Dont tell me....."

Lori shrugged,"Your funeral...."

Ernie looked at her like she'd lost it,"HUH??"

Lori sighed,"Member that night you and Amy had a go around?? course ya do, anyways shes pregnant and you just may be the father."

Ernie laughed and got up. Lori sighed,"I knew you'd do that....."

She got up and held Ernie up by his shirt collar and slammed him up against the wall,"LISTEN! IF IT IS YOUR KID YOU WILL TAKE CARE OF IT WILL YOU NOT???? CAUSE IF YOU DONT SO HELP ME GOD ILL CASTRATE YOU WITH A DULL KNIFE SO NO OTHER WOMAN WILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH WITH THE HE** AND PAIN OF HAVING YOUR YOUNGIN DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME!!!"

Now Ernie wasn't afraid of women, but this one particualr woman scared the living daylights out of him. He nodded and when Lori let him fall to the ground he quickly got up and scurried away to a back corner. Lori smiled and watched him then went out to Bo.

When Bo pulled out he shook his head,"I think you're the only womanthat coulda done that to that poor old boy...."

Lori smiled and relaxed back.

They soon arrived back at the famr, when lori walked in smiling like a possu. Luke........

Luke asked, "You found him and told him?"

Lori said, "I did."

Luke nodded.

Daisy reminded, "Ya'll know with Rosco gone and over half the drivers not ther last night they are announcing the drivers tonight at 8 o'clock.

Luke sighed.

Jesse said, "Is it possible that you all can go to the Boar's Nest tonight and I not have to coem get at least one of you out of jail in the morning?"

No one answered.

Jesse said, "I suggest ya'll think long and hard on it before you go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night at the Boar's Nest.........................

That night at the Baor's Nest Luke, Lori, Daisy, Dixie, Amy, Jesse, Bo, And Cooter all rolled in.

Rosco looked at threm and shivered. He hated to see those people walk in, and all together it only meant trouble.

Rosco smiled and stood straight, "Alright now! Just everyone freeze it!! Now, Im goign to annonce this year's hazzard county derby racers..."

1. Lori Davenport with Mindight Rider, Rosco shivered at the thought of having Midnight and General Lee.

2.Amy Creavy and Lucifer

3. Bo and Luke Duke and the General Lee

4. Ernie Ledbetter and whatever his cars name is, Ernie got mad and took offense to that.

5.Enos Strate and his patrol car.

Lori looked at Bo and Luke who looked at each other and looked to Amy. All three swallowed and gulped. Now, everyone in Hazzard knows that Lori has the brother to the general, therefore, this race was all about wits instead of horse power. Luke looked at Lori,"You never said one time that you was racin in this race..." Lori smirked, she saw Ledbetter who looked at Amy. He walked over to her, kinda shaking in his boots some. "A...Amy...If...that kid is uh...mine...I...I'll...help...." Lori smiled and looked at Ledbetter."How consider it of ya Ernie..."

Ernie swallowed and nodded practicalyl running back to his table tripping in the process. Lori laughed as everyone looked at her and shook thie rheads, yep...she did something drastic...

Luke..........

Luke and Dixie had left the table to dance a dance and talk without half the County hearing them. Dixie said, "It bothers you they are both racing?"

Luke couldn't deny it.

Dixie replied, "I may not be happy about the over all possibilities Luke, but I understand your concern and I'm proud of you wanting to take care of your children. I do really try but sometimes I can't help but get just a bit jealous. He--, I've always known I was far from your first. And, then finding out about you being with all of us in like two days. Luke I can only hope that whatever happens with the babies that I am the one that will be your last."

Luke nodded and could only reply, "I know, Honey." After the dance was finished, Luke said, "I'm going to try to get to the bar."

Dixie said, "Well, I'm going to the bathroom again. This is beginning to get annoying."

Luke replied with a smirk as she turned, "Sorry." About the time Luke had gotten to one end of the bar their was a certain red haired female up also had walked up to the bar several places down from Luke. He couldn't help but notice Ernie walk up to her and Luke couldn't help but listen to the conversation.

Ernie had already drank several drinks of liquid courage and had waited to get Amy away from the crowd she had walked in with. He reached around her midsection and placed his hand on her stomach.

Before Amy knew who's hand was around her she had automatically became offended and said, "Hey, what is the idea?" As she turned to see who was touching her she ended up looking Ernie Ledbetter face to face.

Ernie asked, "I, ......... understand this little one 'could be' mine?"

Amy shrugged and said, "It's possible."

Ernie nodded, "Well, Sweet Cakes, if it ain't mine, do you mind telling me who elses it could be?"

Amy did not really want to have this conversation but saw no way out of it. She shook her head and replied, "Luke Duke's."

Ernie, much like all of Hazzard, had heard about not only Dixie Davenport certainly carrying Luke's child but also the possibility that Lori Davenport COULD be carrying his twins. He turned leaving Amy standing there alone and headed for Luke.

Luke had been listening and knew he was coming his way. He turned to meet his old high school adversary.

Ernie said, "Luke I don't know what you are trying to pull with these ladies, but know right here, right now, I will take responsibility for my actions but not yours!"

Luke replied, "I had no intention of asking you to and I'm certain the lady did not either."

While Luke and Ernie were attempting to reach a common ground, both heard a very angry voice demand, "Who's is it?" They looked up to see Amy's ex-mechanic Turk twisting her arm and demanding, "Who you layed with Amy? I should stomp that bastard right out of you!"

Before he knew what him, Turk when flying across the bar as both Luke and Ernie turned on him.

Bo looked at Cooter and said, "Oh, he--!!" He was glad Lori was in the restroom and maybe this would be resolved before she came back out.

Daisy thought quick since she was used to this and got Amy to the other side of the bar as the entire place ended up in a free for all!

Lori and Dixie walked out of the bathroom, the first words to leave Lori's mouth was,"Holy he**!!" She looked at Dixie and smirked joining in on the fun herself. Rosco shot the roof...as always, the fight stopped. Lori took Amy and Dixie outside on account of them being pregnant. Lori walked back in and looked around, seeing Turk there, and Luke AND Ernie, Lori knew something had happened. She looked at Luke and then to Ernie,"Luke....first its Bo over me...now Ernie over Amy and Turk too?" Luke sighed and shook off the dust,"No..thats not what hapeened me and Ledbetter actually gained up on Turk....." Ernie growled,"Alls I said if the youngin wasn't mine...I wouldnt take responsiblilty fer his actions!" Lori nodded,"Alright Ernie thats fair....you're completey right about that and I dont blame ya for feelin that way...BUT, have you no heart that you cant atleast TRY and help Luke...he** he's gonna have two possibly four youngins on the way!!" Lori shook her head and just knocked Ernie for a loop. Rosco saw her and she went off! She stromed outta there total silence left behind her. Lori figured everything was going downhill for her so why should her luck change now?

Luke looked at Bo and Cooter who walked out to where Lori and the girls was. Everyone out there looked at Lori, she was tense and mad. She growled,"Bo....get in the car if you're coming...." Bo looked at her and the others. Luke nodded,"Keep an eye on her.." Bo nodded and hesitated at first on climbing in the car. Cooter looked at Dixie and took he r home in the tow truck, Luke took the general home, and Amy went in Lucifer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Lori dropped Bo off she sighed and smiled at him, shaking it off she spun out and headed off to the mountains..

Luke...............

Luke was setting quietly in the shades of the porch when Bo walked up. Bo never saw him until he spoke, "How is she? Huh?"

Bo replied, "He--, Luke how should I know?"

Luke shot him a look. "Bo on the possibility that you two end up spending a lot of time together in the future ya'll really need to learn to communicate."

Amy refused to stay are the farm because Lori and Dixie wasn't and she knew if she and Frankie did it would only cause trouble but she would admit to herself that she was a bit concerned at staying in town at the hotel just her and Frankie with Turk running around.

Luke sighed and got up heading for the general. It was a shame that not even her own boyfriend could talk to her! Luke climbed in the general and left. He pulled up at her parent's cabin that he knew so well. Lori sighed as she heard the familiar motor roar up the road, she knew it was Luke.

"Yea??" Was all she said when he climbed out.

Luke looked at her and sighed,"Lor....what happened now?...you and Bo were doing sooo good then...here I am again...when it should be Bo."

Lori nodded,"It should be Bo, but if it was suppose to be here then why did you come?"

Luke smirked,"Cause im the one that knows what buttons to push and when."

Lori had to smile,"Yea...I guess you do.."

Luke nodded and shook his head,"Come on...lets go home..."

Lori, like she was being pulled followed him and climbed in Midnight heading into town.

Now, what happens next as Luke and Lori arrived in town, Turk was aggravating Amy. Frankie had looked like shed done been in a scrap or two with him. Lori saw Turk hit Amy and CBed Luke,"Hey Lost Sheep 2 did you just see what I saw?"

Luke nodded,"I sure did..." Pure evil and hate in his voice as he saw Turk. Luke squealed the car to a stop and got out fighting with Turk swingin g at him with his left hook. Lori had enough sense to go and get the tow truck real quick pulling up she got out and ran and took Amy's arm,"Come on...." She helped Amy in and took off. Amy looked at Lori,"Well thanks but..."

Lori stopped her,"I might not like ya but I wont let a man hit ya..and you was in trouble."

Amy smiled and nodded. Lori took her up to her parents's cabin and got on the CB,"breaker one breaker one Frankie you got yer ears on?" rankie was close to the CB, as was Luke who had Turk pinned up. Lori sighed,"Im at Ma and Pas place....Big Reds with me..."

Turk didnt know where ma and pa's place was, but Luke did. Luke nodded to Frankie and Frankie replied,"Ok...thanks!"

Lori helped Amy in,"Now you and Frankie'll be stayin up here til we get Turk outta here...."

Amy nodded,"I still wanna thank ya.."

Lori sighed and nodded,"Dont metion it."

Lori took went back into the tow truck and headed to town, whereas Luke.......

After putting Turk on his way, Luke thanked Lori for getting Amy somewhere safe. Then he set off to get Frankie and Lucifer up to Lori's cabin where Amy was at. He told Frankie. "When I get there, I 'm going off road a bit just keep your speed up a little Lucifer should go right up it."

In the cabin Amy heard the General Lee and Lucifer coming. She was furious that Turk had followed her again.

Luke and Frankie came in. There was a very awkward silence between them. Luke looked around and said, "Ya'll should be safe up here and there is a bit a food in the cabinets. You can reach me buy CB, OK."

Amy's eye fell to the floor as she said, "Thanks, for everything huh, Luke."

Luke knew what she was thinking or had been hoping. "Amy I can't stay."

"I know." Amy sighed and said, "I just hoped you would. You really feel something for her?" She had meant Lori.

Luke said, "Amy it's the da----- thing, I feel something for you all. But, with everything going on I think it's really best I don't stay."

"I understand Luke. Really I do." Amy said.

Luke turned and left. It was really late when he made his way into their bedroom. Bo was laying in bed still awake.....

Bo was laying in bed still awake,"I take it you got her to come home huh?"

The way Bo had said it, with that bit of edge in his voice, Luke snorted and rolled his eyes.

Bo sighed and laid there,"Luke...she says she loves me...I don't think she means it..."

Luke sighed,"Bo thats something you gotta talk to her about...and besides....me, you, and her has to keep an eye on Amy and Frankie...theys up at Lori's mom and dad's cabin. Lori let them stay there to keep them away from Turk.

Bo nodded and rolled over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori, meanwhile later that night was laying awake in the top of the garage. She sighed. But when she heard Turk and his buddy just outside the door, she climbed down and got on the CB to Luke.

"Whiskey Bent to Lost Sheep 1, you got yer ears on Luke please its an emergency!"

She was in a low whisper so Turk wouldnt hear.

Luke groaned and rolled out of bed to go to the CB,"You got Lost Sheep 1 here."

Lori sighed a ragged breath,"Luke...Turk and his friends out here at the garage...theys talking bout trying to find Amy and Frankie..something bads gonna happen, one of us is gonna hafta stay up there with them..."

Luke......

Luke said, "Just stay put and don't let him know you are there. If he's looking for her there then he has no idea where she is so she should be safe there."

Lori nodded and heard the door open,"Uh oh....I got comapny..." She laid the CB mic down and hunkered down beside the table. She saw Turk and his buddy stand there looking around. Lori swallowed and stayed quiet her eyes closed.

Luke swore. He went to the bedroom grabbed his jeans and boots, "Bo Lori's got trouble at Cooter's. Move it!"

Bo suprisely was up, in his jeans and boots and right behind Luke who had walked the hood and already starting the General Lee, "Bo radio Cooter! I'm sure he will be real happy about someone breaking into his garage!"

Bo grabbed the CB, "Lost sheep 2 to Cazy C! Hey Crazy C, YOU have company at infromation central!"

Dixie was on her way back to bed when she herad Bo. Going to Cooter's room, "Cooter I have no idea how they know but Bo says someone is in the garage!" She was already heading for her shoes and wrecker. It wouldn't take Cooter long to get to the truck! She knew her brother, you didn't mess with his truck or the garage!

Turk and his buddy was throwing things around. Lori got a bit queezy when she saw one have a gun. She stood up and tried to make a run for it when she heard Turk's voice,"Alright....don't make another move...it could be your last..." Lori stopped dead in her tracks, she swallowed and swore to herself. She held her hands up and looked out the door. She felt one of them tie her up and lead her out to their car. They shoved her in causing her to hit her head on the top of the door. She fainted unconcious and they shut the door. They pulled out and headed in a different direction than the ones Cooter, Dixie, Bo, and Luke were headed.

~~~~~~~~~

Cooter and Dixie arrived, Cooter got out and hollered for Lori seeing the lock on the door busted. "LORI!" He looked everywhere and couldn't find her. He saw her keys on the table and heard the general pull up,"They...they took her fellas..."

Luke looked at Bo and then to Cooter,"You guys go one way we'll go the other." Luke was already out and gone, Bo had already beat him to the General though. Bo started it up and drove this time.

Cooter and Dixie went back to the tow truck and pulled out.

~~~~~~~~~

Turk and His Buddy, Rick, had already placed Lori at an old abandoned mine shack where they stayed. She was bound at the feet and her hands, and gagged. She laid cold and lifeless on the floor of the shack.

Turk and Rick were pondering on whether to kill her or to get a ransom for her...

There were three main ways out of Hazzard, Cooter and Dixie and Bo and Luke knew they hadn't went down Rt 7 because they had came in that way. Bo and Luke went toward the Boar's Nest, Cooter and Dixie went near the County line.

As the sun was coming up, Dixie said, "Cooter look at those tracks. What ever made those were moving fast!"

Cooter said, "And, Turk would be!" He said as they drove further out of town. They were heading toward Razorback mountain. "There is nothing up here, Dix. We may be on the wrong track."

The tracks they had been seeing suddeningly turned right off the main road onto a 'trail' of a road.

Dixie reached for the CB, "Shotgun to Lost Sheep. Have you found anything?"

Luke snatched the mic and said, "No we haven't seen anything to make up think we are on the right track."

Dixie said, "We have recent tracks cutting right off the main road at the top of Razorback mountain. We're checking it out."

Lori had just woken up looking around. She was in a basement of some sort. She looked around and didn't see a window so she couldnt make the escpae like she did once before. She fiddled around in her backpocket quietly and dug for her pocket knife. She smirked when she had fished it out. Lori took it and went to work on the ropes that had her hands bound. Once she was free she took the gag out and kept quiet, wanting to cough. She sighed and cut the ropes from her legs and stood up stretching. She cautiously crept up the stairs to the top and poked her head out of the door. Seeing Turk and Rick in the kitchen at the table, Lori quielty crept out of the basement and to the front door. Hearing Rick's voice she scmapered out the door and down the dirt road. She could hear Rick and them trailing behind her. She hesitated and decided to take a detour through the mountains.

She ran through the pines and briars, cutting herself. She panted heavily and breathed deeply. Lori could see the main dirt road and ran towards it. She couldn't hear Turk or Rick anymore. But when she saw the headlights to a car she ran and fell to her knees in the middle of the road, panting and breathing heavily holding her hand up to slow them down.

Cooter looked.........

Cooter looked up and seen Lori fall in the road in front of the wrecker. He slammed on the brakes and stopped. Reaction told him to take the tire jimmie that he carried under his seat with him. "Dixie slide ove and call the others." he said as he grabbed the tire jimmie and hurried around the front of the wrecker. "Lori are you Ok."

Dixie grabbed the CB mic, "Shotgun to Lost Sheep. We've got Whiskey Bent here with us." Then she seen the bushes moving and added, "Looks liek we have company guys!"

Lori was still breaking hard but said as she started to get up, "Yeah, ..... Just get me in, ...... the truck."

Cooter took her arm and nearly lifted her into the truck as he turned to go to the other side of the truck, someone grabbed his left arm. That was a mistake as Cooter swung the tire jimmie hitting the person who had grabbed him even before he had seen it was Turk! Cooter had hit him hard enough to knock the wind out of him and looked up to see Rick coming at him from the other side. Cooter back swung and hit him with enough force to get him backed away from him and jumped into the passenger side of the truck and looked at Dixie who was already putting the wrecker in reverse.

Dixie had dropped the wrecker into reverse and was letting the clutch out as Cooter jumped in. She was backing down the road at a good speed looking for a place to turn when Bo shot the General Lee over the small hill. It was all Dixie and Bo could do to stop before the General Lee got a front end full of wrecker!

It was a toss up to know who hit the brakes harder, Dixie or Bo OR Luke or Cooter hitting the imaginary brake on the passenger side of the vehicles. Luke regained his control and seen what was going on, "Back up Bo. Let her get turned around."

Bo did as Luke said, he backed up and let Dixie out. When she was out they all took off in a whirl of dust. Lori looked at them and shook her head scratching the top,"Ouch....." Dixie and Cooter looked at her and laughed.

They all soon arrived at the Duke farm and helped Lori in. Jesse had a bag of ice waiting on her to put on her head. Lori looked at them from the kitchen chair and sighed,"Ya'll.....you don't know how close those two are to my folks' cabin..." She sighed and continued,"Turk and Rick caught me tryin to sneak out of the garage...hit me and kidnapped me....then ya'll showed up....theys palnning to find Amy and do something "terrible" to her as Turk put it...."

That grabbed Luke's attention,"Seems they aint safe no wheres....."

Lori looked at him and nodded,"Yea they are....where's the safest place in all of Hazzard....the foods terrible and ya only get one phone call...."

Luke looked at Lori with a confused look,"Hows jail gonna help her?"

Lori smiled,"Turk can't get her there....alls we gotta do is get Rosco or Enos to arrest her..."

Luke smiled and nodded,"Even with a good head whoopin' you know what to do..."

Lori laughed and shrugged,"Learned from the best..."

Lori got up and headed for the door, til jesse stopped her,"Where are you going Loren?"

He said sternly. Lori smiled,"To get Amy put in jail o' course..."

Everyone looked at her,"Lori....." they all said with a warning tone...

Lori smiled cheekily and walked out..

Luke shook his head took Dixie's hand and said, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm going." he said to Jesse and the others. Luke and Dixie followed Lori outside she was already in the wrecker and gone. Luke swore. "Well, there she goes!"

Cooter came outside and also swore, "She took MY truck! Dang her!!

Jesse walked out on the porch and saw Luke and Cooter just standing there, "Are ya'll just going to stand there?"

Luke looked at Jesse and growled running out to the general to follow slowly in behind her.

~~~~

Lori in the meantime was at the cabin and had explained to Amy what needed to be done. Amy nodded and agreed leaving with Frankie and following Lori.

When they arrived in town, she saw Rosco headed into Boss's office, late at night. She smiled and started squealing her tires everywhere. Rosco heard her and ran for the road stopping right dead in front of her. Amy stopped with another squeal of the tires and looked at Rosco. Rosco looked at her,"Jit jit!! alrigth alright!!! Just freeeeze it!" Amy nodded and saw Lori sat at the croner with her thumb held up. Amy climbed out and followed Rosco in.

Frankie pulled Lucifer around to the where Lori was and sighed,"You sure this'll work?"

Lori nodded,"Yea..theys always one deputy on guard...what time he aint got bugs bunny on his mind!"

Lori started the wrecker up and was headed towards home when she saw the general...

Luke stopped the General beside the wrecker, "Ya managed to get her locked up huh?"

Lori looked at him and shook her head,"When will you ever manage to trust me?"

Luke sighed, "Oh, I trusted you that you could get her arrested. And, I know you are right about it being a safe place and all................."

Lori and Dixie heard the unspoken word loud and clear.......'But'

Lori almost growled at him,"SPIT IT OUT DANG IT!"

Luke took a deep breath adn shook his head no. "Nothing. Thanks Lori for helping." He meant that. "Cooter is still at the farm. Why don't you head back over there? There is safety in numbers. I'll be behind you."

Lori rolled her eyes and put the truck in gear giving him a sarcastic smile as she pulled out.

"Sh--!" Luke said, "Turk will be after her as much as Amy since she got away from him. I don't know why she just didn't report the kidnapping to Rosco and have him pick Turk up since we know where he is, or was." Luke said to Dixie.

Dixie asked, "Are you going to follow her?"

Luke replied, "I hope she went to the farm and like I said, 'I'd be behind her', but first I'm going to talk to Frankie a second." He pulled up by Frankie in Lucifer and figured he'd try to convience her to go to the farm too. He hoped she wasnt' as stubborn as Lori. "Why don't you take Lucifer over to the farm and put him in the barn? Turk is bound to be looking for it and if he finds Lucifer and you he'll likely try to get it out of you where Amy is."

Frankie said, "Luke I can take care of myself."

Luke nodded, "Yeah, well so can Lori but he got her. Just meet me there Ok?"

Frankie finally agreed, "Ok. I'll head over there, but I don't know if I'm staying."

Luke sighed, "Fair enough. I'll be there in a bit."

Dixie looked at Luke. She knew where the next stop was even before he said it.

Luke pulled out and began to circle Hazzard Square, "Dix, ..... I, ..... um, .... need to go..."

"Check on Amy?" Dixie finished his sentence. Though she understood that Luke always thought of himself the 'protector' to all of them, she understood this was natural for him to want to do, but she had to admit to herself that at this moment it really pissed her off.

Luke took a deep breath and let it out very slowly before he continued, "Yes. I just need to tell her that we all thought this was the safest place for her. I'd like you to come inside and not be out here in the General Lee alone."

Dixie knew that Luke was right. If Turk saw the General Lee, he figure to get 'at' Luke or Amy by getting anyone they cared about. "I'll go in, but I can't go downstairs with you Luke. I can't watch you two together knowing he could be carrying your child too."

Luke merely nodded. He'd take what he could get right now. "Ok. I think I'll park somewhere else though." He pulled past the jail and parked. As they walked up the sidewalk Luke reached for Dixie's hand. He wasn't a bit suprised when she moved her hand away from him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke went downstairs alone.

Amy was setting on the bunk wondering if this had been such a good idea. When she heard someone coming down the stairs she looked up. Seeing Luke she got up and went to the bars.

Luke looked at her, then looked at the floor for a long moment. Finally he looked back at Amy, "I'm sorry about this. All of this. But, I had to agree with Lori. This is likely the safest place you can be until they get Turk or until the race."

Amy looked at him, "Yeah, I know, but I can usually fight my own battles." She put her hand on her not so flat tummy. "I'm only here for one reason."

Luke shook his head, "I know that."

Lori in the meantime kept a close eye out on the place. She pulled in at got out, she heard Lucifer pull up and park in the barn. Lori sighed,"He make you come here too?" Frankie nodded, they both walked in.

Jesse looked at them as Lori smiled,"A-Ok Uncle Jesse..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Meanwhile, in the bushes, Turk and Rick sat watching through binoculars at the farmhouse, snickering.