Whiskey, Dukes, and Uncle Sam

LoriDavenport

Lori had "slept" through the conversation, When Jesse left she "woke up". "He gone?" She asked.

Luke sighed,"Yea Lor....he is..."

Lori looked at him and yawned going back to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile in the Doc's office, he was re-examing Lori's test...What he saw was different....he called Jesse.

Jesse answered and as the Doc told him, all was quiet in the house. When Jesse hung up they looked at him, he sighed,"Lori is gonna have twins...."

Dixie, Bo, and Cooter all fell in the floor!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo had ran down to the jail house in Jesse's pickup to tell her. He smiled as he bounced down through the doors, "Lori!! Lori!!"

Lori woke back up and looked, a bit groggy,"What?"

Bo announced,"Your gonna have twins!"

Lori looked at him and fell off the bunk,"IM WHAt?!!"

Bo nodded and smiled,"Doc called us and told us yer gonna have twins!"

Lori looked at Luke who was in the floor, and outcold!

Bo looked at him and took a cup of water that was setting in there and doused him with it!'

Luke..............

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several minutes later found Luke setting on a bunk drying his face off.

Bo was still smiling from what he considered 'good news'.

Luke looked at Bo in utter amazement, "Glad you are happy there cousin!"

Bo smiled,"Ohh I am!!"

"Well, I got to admit I was pretty worried about the prospect of possibly supporting TWO children. I don't want to think about the possibly of THREE."

Enos was standing near by and asked in confussion, "Bo? Luke's gonna be a Daddy? Miss Lori your having Luke's babies? I thought you were dating Dixie, Luke?"

Lori looked at Enos and shook her head,"Enos...just get up there and read Bugs Bunny honey...I know you try soo hard.."

"Now, Miss Lori ya know I can't do that when there's visitors here! Congratulations though to you and Luke!" Enos giggled. He still thought Luke was dating Dixie, but sometime it was har to tell about these boys.

Luke wasn't going to be in the spotlight alone, "Well, Enos, you might just need to congratulate Bo and Lori. AND, I am dating Dixie!"

Bo blushed.

Lori glared at Enos, "No need to congratulate me!" She looked from Bo to Luke and added, "I hate you both! Ya'll do know that right?" She said very quietly.

Luke looked at Bo, she had been utterly to calm and that worried Luke. A lot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the ten days were up, Luke and Lori were released from jail.

Cooter had calmed down and even decided to join the boys for a beer that evening at the Boar's Nest.

Dixie was worried that they would get into an fight if the three went out drinking with each other but all she could do was hope that she was wrong.

Cooter walked into the Boar's Nest behind Bo and Luke, but was in time to see a sight he never expected to see in his lifetime. The bar was very crowded as it normally was on weekends. Ladies lined the bar looking for someone to share a good time with. Bo and Luke walked to the bar to order a beer and every lady in six feet of them cleared the area!

NARRATOR: Good news sure travels fast now don't it?

Lori was at home and cleaning! She cleaned everyone's room and made way with things that weren't any good. She sighed and dusted things, the house was spotless!

She walked outside to the barn where her horses was. She brushed down Trigger and Traveller. She sighed and watched the new colt she recently bought, shaking her head she climbed in the pen and got the tack out. She hadn't rode Trigger in awhile and wanted to. She tacked him up and took outta there.

Dixie meanwhile, was at the garage cleaning!! Boy oh boy when Cooter and Lori found out they'd kill her! Pregnant or not!

Jesse and the others had been working on the farm.

Rosco, though had been keeping an eye on Lori. He knew she was sneaky and didn't trust her being on probation. Boss had a talk with him to about her.

Boss thought, that since she was on probation for runnin shine.....if he planted some shine in Midnight Rider, he'd send her to the pen for her not helping him the last time on a run!

Boss Hogg walked out of the courthouse and told his drive, "Take the rest of the day off." He placed a twenty in his hand and got into his car and drove off out of town by himself. He drove to a secret location, an old barn on a property he had foreclosed on several years ago. He was careful as he parked to make sure no one followed him or was watching him. When Boss Hogg was satisfied he got out and went inside. In a hidden closet was at leasat fifty cases of shine but it wasn't just ANY shine this was some of Jesse Duke's finest, that Boss had bought and stored years ago when he and Jesse were still partners. He took two cases of pint jars out and covered the closet back up. He placed the now rare shine in the trunk of his car and drove to met his men waiting out on Rt 7. When Boss arived he saw they had a tarp over something in the back of a pick up truck. Boss reminded, "Now you know what I need you two to do. The girls car is up the next drive way. It's a black dodge Charger. I have word no one is there. Put one case in the her trunk and you know what to do with the other case and this little baby." Boss said as he tapped the covered item in the pick up. He took five one hundred dollar bills and showed them to the two men. "Here's the five hundred I promised you. I'll give you fifty percent now and the other fifty after you are done. Just come see me in the back room for it." He promptly tore each bill in half and handed them half of the bills.

For a change the men he hired may have had a brain between the two of them. They drove to the next drive way and seen the car in question. They jimmied the trunk and put one case of shine in the black Dodge Charger. Now they headed to the Boar's Nest where the other car they was looking for was parked. It was the brother to the car they had just seen, but this one was orange. They quickly jimmied that trunk also and placed a case of shine in the trunk along with the covered item in their pick up. Then, they went to the back door of the Boar's Nest and reported that they had loaded both cars. Boss Hogg handed them the other half of the hundred dollar bills and a bottle of watered down liquor, "Now, you have your money and something to wash down the road dust on your way out of town. Don't go up front and let everone hear about how you just earned that money. Spend it far away from here."

The request was simple enough as neither men had 'lost' anything in Hazzard they had made their money and headed out of the County.

Dixie had cleaned the entire garage and had placed all the tools for once on the shadow board where they belonged. It was likely this was the first time they had all been in their proper place since the shadow board had been made. The oil buckets were empty and CLEAN, the floor grease and oil free and she had even cleaned the upstairs apartment that had only been used in recent years as storage and a place for a one night stand or the guys when they were too tired or too drunk to make it home. She was glad she had taken a change of clothes with her as it had taken her awhile longer than she had expected and she really wanted to go check on the guys at Boar's Nest. She showered and changed into a new pair of jeans that had elastic in them instead of her normal tight ones with a zipper, her boots and a blue baby doll top.

Dixie pulled up at the Boar's Nest and walked in. She was suprised to see her brother, Luke and Cooter setting at a back table enjoying a beer. From the looks of Bo and Luke they had already drank several. Cooter was driving the wrecher that night and had only drank a couple beers. Luke saw Dixie some in and got up to meet her. As he did the beer that he had drank over the past few hours hit bottom hard and Luke felt a bit light headed as he wrapped his arm around Dixie. "Want something to drink?"

Dixie said, "Yeah a 7-up, Spite, Cola, something."

Luke nodded and went to the bar, "Daisy, can I had a 7-up or something for Dixie and three more beers for us?" As he waited for the drinks the base station behind the bar came to life...........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori had finished her ride, put up the horse. She showered, cleaned up and headed out for a bit. Lori hadn't got three miles before Rosco was hanging one to her tail like he was connected there, with blue lights flashing. Lori try as she might ws having a hard time shaking him and that was unusal, in fact Midnight seemed a bit sluggish tonight. There was nothing she could do about that right now, so she did the only thing she could do. She reached for the CB and called, "Breaker Breaker, anyone home on the Hazzardnet? This is Whiskey Bent and I got company!"

Luke turned to Bo, "Hey Bo, you may need to answer this."

Bo came over and picked up the mic, "This is Lost Sheep Two go ahead."

Lori would have preferred Luke, but at the moment she wasn't picky! "Lost Sheep this is Whiskey Bent, Rosco is on my tail and hanging on too good for comfort! Something is not right with Midnight. I'm on Rt 7 heading toward the Boar's Nest."

Bo replied, "We're heading to ya!" He looked at Luke. "Come ON!"

Luke had the keys to the General Lee. He knew how much Bo had drank and it was more than he had and he knew better than to drive right now. He looked at Dixie, "Come on, you're driving!" He handed her the keys as the three headed to the General Lee.

Dixie fired up the General and headed down Rt 7. She saw Lori heading toward her and Rosco hanging in tight on her bumper. Before she react she saw blue lights in the General's rear view mirror. "Luke, we got company and that is NOT Enos!"

Luke looked back, even in the dark and in his more than slightly intoxicated state, Luke still knew that patrol car. It was Sheriff Big Ed Little's personal patrol car from Chickasaw County! Luke swore!!!

The CB came to life and Big Ed's vioce boomed, "Alright you Dukes and Davenports pull it over right now! We are blocking the road, you are surrounded, AFT is on scene and we have warrants to search BOTH cars!" Big Ed was working dirt cheap for Boss Hogg just to be in on this traffice stop!

Dixie looked at Luke and said, "Luke? Any ideas???"

Luke hung his head,"I aint got none..."

Lori sighed as she was pulled out of the car, he hands went directly above her head, she was use to it. She looked to both sheriffs then to Midnight,"That car had better NOT be sent to the impound yard..."

Everyone was hauled away, Cooter was called on account of Dixie.

~~~~~~~~~~

As they arrived to the jail, it all hit Lori. She looked to Bo and Luke in one cell beside of her hearing Cooter upstairs. "Guys...it all makes sense...Boss wants you two gone cause well he don't like ya, but he's mad at me cause I wouldn't make a run for him and me on probation...guess it don't matter now, im going to state pen anyways...Unless..."

Lori smiled and thought..she had that one twinkle in her eye once more. Luke looked at Bo,"I hate that look..."

Bo looked at him and nodded,"Everytime she has that Luke she pops an idea and gets us ALL in trouble!"

Lori smiled and climbed on her bunk, it was nearest to the wall, she smiled when she saw that her arm was justlong enough to reach it, she grabbed the keys and let herself out. She smiled to the boys and unlocked them. Luke looked at Bo and shrugged. Bo swallowed hard. Lori sighed,"Guys...we're in here for false charges....We'll clear our names someway..." She shook her head and went to the top of the steps hiding, she saw Cooter shaking his head and sighing. Lori made sound only Cooter and Dixie would know, Cooter smiled and played along, once he had Dixie out to the car he pulled around back and hooked the chain up to the cell window and with one great tug it popped off. Lori and Luke and Bo ran back down the stairs and out the window. They all climbed in back, Luke upfront. Cooter looked back as Lori and Bo stood up riding along! Luke looked back out the window,"First stop.....impound yard..." He held the key up and grinned. Lori laughed and nodded. Bo watched her and smiled. Lori looked at Bo and kissed him!! it took Bo by surprise but he said nothing to her!

When they arrived at the yard...all was quiet...there was a nightwatchmen there. Lori nodded and smiled,"Just get General and Midnight out...and the evidence..." She winked and strutted up to him, pushing up on him and stuff, ohhhh he liked it!!!"

Dixie rolled her eyes at her cousin and helped chain up Midnight hearing General's motor start up Lori grinned and ran back to the tow truck climbing in with Cooter and Bo. They decided to let Dixie ride with Luke, cause in under pressure they knew they wouldn't do anything!

They all took off, Lori, being as smart as she was, disconnected the CB's to some of the closest equipment. She clapped her hands and hugged Bo. Bo smiled and looked at Cooter who was shaking his head. She then thought...."Cooter go get Uncle Jesse but drop us off at a still sight..."

Cooter nodded and did just that. It was an old still that no one used in years and no one knew about. Lori looked to everyone and sighed."We gotta stay outta sight til we figure something out I got Cooter gettin us uncle jesse."

Cooter was already back at the house and telling Uncle Jesse who said that hed go and get them in the morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Meanwhile in Placid Co......

Meanwhile in Placid Co, Jeb Stuart Duke and his band were playing a local bar. Jeb had went to the bar for something to drink when he heard tow men talking about the two cars they had planted something in the trunks of. They were amazed at how two cars that rare were so close together and how they would liek to buy them once they were impounded. One man said, if it wasn't for the fact that one was orange with the racing logo and flag on it instead of black like the other one they could be twins.

Jeb took his beer and eased to toward the pay phones he dialed the familiar number to get the Hazzard operator. "Duke Farm please."

Cooter was just about to leave when the phone rang and Uncle Jesse answered. "Duke Farm."

Jeb said, "Uncle Jesse are the boys home?"

Jesse replied, "No they ain't Jeb."

Jeb recognized the tone of Jesse voice, "Have they looked in the trunk of the General Lee lately?"

Jesse held his hand up to stop Cooter from leaving, "No, they haven't but the Sheriff has!"

Jeb said, "I got two guys here talking about planting something in twin cars. One black, one orange figured it had to be the General Lee and Midnight."

Jesse said, "It was and it was shine."

Jeb said, "Well, I got me a feeling they will be telling someone that real soon....talk to ya later." He hung up the phone!

Jesse said into the dead line, "Jeb? Jeb!!!" Jesse shook his head and looked to Cooter, "Jeb's got two guys talking about planting something in the trunks of twin cars; one black, one orange. Said, they would be telling that to someone real soon!"

Cooter said, "Where is he?"

Jesse shook his head, "Don't rightly know. Somewhere in Placid County."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeb walked back to the bar and set his empty glass down. He was standing beside one of the guys doing the bragging. He said causally, "Say fellas I'm looking for a car. All I got is my bike, But I'm looking for something different."

One guy nudged the other and before his friend could stop him he'd already stuck his foot in ten miles deep, "Well, I just saw two REAL different cars being impounded over in Hazzard."

Jeb's pulse was getting faster but he reamined as calm as he could on the outside, "Really? Impounded for what?"

The guy with the mouth said, "Had a trunk full of shine."

Jeb asked, "Wouldn't have been an orange car with a big '01' on the doors would it?"

Both men's eyes went a bit wide. One asked, "How'd you know that?"

Jeb replied, "Cause that happens to be my cousins' car and I heard ya'll bragging about setting them up." He said quickly as he elbowed one guy in the midsection hard knocking the breath out of him and swinging a hard punch forward into the other guys face!

The two men got up and went after Jeb. Jeb fought as hard as he could but seeing as it was two on one he ran outside and climbed on his bike smiling,"Thanks fellas I got all my info..."

The two men looked at each other and cussed! they called Boss and told him!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeb arrived at the still sight the next morning because Jesse called a family meeting, which usually included the Davenports as well. Jesse talked to them,"Alright now...seems to me the four of ya are in biiig trouble..."

Lori spoke up,"Yea on account of me... Boss got mad cause I wouldn't run shine for him WHILE I was on probation so he decideds to drag ya'll down with me!"

Jesse nodded and looked at Bo and Luke. They looked at each other. Lori sighed,"And more than likely those two dumba**es called boss to let him know Jeb knows..."

Jeb nodded,"I saw one of em run to the pay phone so yea..."

Lori nodded."How we gonna get outta this one fellers?"

Luke.........

"Well, if Boss knows that Jeb knows. That is good. He'll figure Jeb to head to the house to tell Jesse which," He looked at Jeb, "You will! Boss will send those two fellas to stop ya. And, ..........."

Jeb added, "We get them and make them confess to planting the shine for Boss?"

Bo asked, "Well, who confessing to Rosco won't hold water if Boss hired them."

Jesse replied, "They won't be confessing to Rosco. Ya'll just make sure this plan works to get them on the farm. I'll handle the rest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple hours later on a hill over looking the Duke farm were the two men hired by Boss Hogg. The smarter of the two hired men glared at the man with the big mouth, "We had five hundred dollars free and clear til you opened your mouth!"

"How was I supposed to know that guy in the band was these peoples kin?" He asked.

The first guy growled, "All you had to do was keep your mouth shut!"

They saw a motorcycle coming up the drive way. They had watched the farm for several hours and it seemed that no one was home.

Jeb purposely parked his bike out in the open a good distance from the barn and the house and said into the mic in his helmet, "Ok, Fellas I'm here. No one is around." He put the kick stand down, turned off the bike, got off the bike and slowly began unzipping his jacket, took off his gloves as he heard a car coming. In to the mic in the helmet he said, "I got company."

Bosses hired men pulled in fast blocking Jeb from the motorcycle. One got out and said, "Don't think no one's here to tell what you think you know!"

Jeb had the mic in the helmet keyed, "What do you think I know?"

The dumber of the two said, "That we planted shine in those cars!"

Jeb grinned as he looked behind him, "Would it be THOSE two cars?"

Both men's eye went wide seeing Midnight and the General Lee heading toward them. They headed toward their car as Midnight and the General Lee cut off their escape route. Both men broke into a run which would be their last mistake of the day as Luke, Bo, Jeb and Cooter downed them.

Jesse looked at Andy Roach who had been watching the entire event from another hill top with the CB and recorder on. "Well, Andy?"

"Jesse, I knew you Dukes weren't back in business but I got to tell ya I was sure suprised to see that shine and still in those cars. Then, when I got to the shine, I knew beyond a doubt it was your work. Let's go get these guys before your boys hurt them too bad?" Agent Roach said.

Jesse laughed as he started the truck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With in an hour Agent Roach had gotten his statements from the two who 'claimed' they had no idea who had hired them to plant the shine and still.

Rosco was plumb tickled pink when Agent Roach called for him to come escort two prisoners to the jail. Rosco had just known that picking up two prisoners at the Duke farm HAD to be Bo and Luke.

Everyone had a good laugh at Rosco's expression, when he saw the two hired men cuffed in Agent Roach's car instead of Bo and Luke Duke.

Rosco finally pulled himself together enough to say, "That's fine I'll take these two in but I'm still arresting you four." He looked at Bo, Lori, Dixie and Luke. "For jail escape and I might just take Cooter in too as an accessory! Not to mention breaking those two cars out of the impound yard!"

Roach stepped in, "Well, Sheriff since these good people were set up and charged on false charges, you would just have to let them go as soon as you booked these two. So I highly suggest I follow you in with these two to make sure they get charged all nice and legal like and you leave these young men to get busy around here. I understand we're going have three more Dukes running around here soon."

Rosco spit and sputtered around. He wasn't happy he couldn't arrest the Dukes. He said, "You still broke the cars out of impound!"

Luke and Cooter grinned like Chessy Cats and shook their heads 'no'. Luke added, "Rosco, how do you THINK we put cars you have us tow INTO the impound yard?"

Everyone seen that it had never crossed Rosco's small mind that Cooter and Luke had carried a key to the impound lot since they were sixteen and started driving the wreckers!

Rosco stomped off toward his patrol car and Agent Roach followed him to town.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeb looked at the others ans asked, "What was that about three more Dukes running around??"

The four, Lori, Dixie, Luke, and Bo exchanged looks. No one wanted to tell Jeb so Lori opened her mouth,"Im pregnant with twins and Dixie is pregnant by LUKE!" Dixie glared at Lori,"Thanks couisn!!" Dixie went after her. Lori laughed and took off through the back forty. Lori skidded around the house and flew for the barn. Jesse, Jeb, Luke, Bo, and Cooter all died laughing at them!

Lori ran in the barn and hid good! Her being in the Marines gave her an advantage.

Dixie went in and searched, she couldnt find Lori. When she walked back out and over to the guys, they all laughed!

Lori stepped outside and leaned against the barn side,"Howdy cousin!!!!"

Dixie glared at Lori and wanted to go after her, but was too tired!

Jeb looked at em,"Well as long as Im here....I'll stay for a spell.."

Jesse nodded and smiled.

Jesse nodded and smiled, and said, "Good. Maybe you can help keep these two out of trouble." Then, Jesse thought about what he had said, "Never that." He knew he now had a third one to try to keep straight! Then he added, "You boys go start the chores since they weren't done this morning. You girls get to help with lunch."

Everyone exchanged looks as they headed off to get busy.

Out in the barn, Jeb, Cooter, Luke and Bo were all busy when Jeb stopped to get his breath, "Guys Lori said Dixie and Luke was having a baby and that she was pregnant by twins................" He paused, "Who's the father?" Jeb didn't miss the evil look Cooter shot Bo and Luke.

Bo and Luke both looked like a deer caught in the head lights.

Jeb said with a half way grin, "Did I say something wrong? I mean I didn't think it was that big a deal....."

Bo and Luke looked at each other,"ME!" They said in unison. They glared at each other and had a mexican standoff.

Jeb felt the tension in the air increase ten fold. Jeb threw his hands up in surrender and said, "Hey, just forget I asked OK? I think I hear Jesse calling!"

Jesse hadn't called them for lunch yet, but did so before anyone could reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeb purposely took his time washing up just to see who was setting where at the table. He still had questions about what was going on, but he seen REAL quick that Bo and Luke were NOT the two to ask. Jesse and Daisy was at either end of the table. Luke and Bo were across from each other beside Jesse. Cooter was beside Daisy. Dixie had claimed the seat by Luke and Lori was taking a seat by Bo which left the other seat between Dixie and Daisy for him.

As the lunch dishes were being done the phone rang. Daisy answered it, "Duke Farm." She listened to the other party and then said, "Yeah, they are both here. I'll give them the message. Yeah, you are in luck they are all here. By now Sugar." Daisy hung up the phone and said, "Lori, Dixie that was Doc's office. He wants to see you all this afternoon. Dixie he needs Cooter to be there to sign some forms and ah, ............... guys, they said, ya'll can come too if you want."

The boys looked at each other, Jeb hunkered in his seat. Bo and Luke claimed the girls and stared at each other. Lori looked at Jeb,"WHAT did YOU say?" Jeb winced and bit his lip,"I iant sayin it..."

Bo grumbled and cussed Luke, Luke did the same. The tension was felt by EVERYONE!

Jeb got on his motorcycle. Luke and Dixie in the General, Lori and Bo in Midnight, Cooter in his tow truck.

They all made it to Docs office and..........

At the Doctors office, Doc was entirely too happy for the group of young people. Jeb was just watching pleasantly at his older cousins' discomfort.

Doc picked up a file and said, "Dixie we'll see you first and I need Cooter to come back with us to explain a few things to him." Doc looked at Luke who had already stood up, "You can also join us if Dixie wants."

Dixie couldn't help but be shaking in her shoes. She hated going to the doctor to begin with but with Cooter along and going for this reason she wasn't happy at all. She looked at Doc firmly and nodded, "Yeah, Doc, Dixie wants Luke to be there."

Jeb watched the three go into the exam room. This was getting good from his point of view.

Inside Doc looked at the three oung people, "Cooter as Dixie guardian I need you to sign a consent to treat her. I've had it typed up so that it will cover all her visits so that you don't have to come each time, that is unless you want to."

Cooter nodded and took the paper, "I'll sign it and I'll come if you need me to."

Doc looked at Dixie and asked, "Ok, now I need some information. When was you last cycle?"

Dixie turned 5 shades of purple and finally answered, "Doc I don't know."

Doc looked at both Luke and Dixie, "When did you start have 'relations'?

Luke saw Cooter set up straighter. This was an answer he wanted to hear!

Dixie thought it was getting really warm in this room. She looked at Luke for assurance and she answered, "February 23th."

Luke had also said, "The last weekend in February."

Doc looked at his calender and the 23 rd was the last Sat in Feb. "Ok. That would put you due around the end of November. I'll be giving you a prescription for prenatal vitamins that you need to take once a day." Doc asked also just in case she had been seen by someome else, "Dixie you were not taking an birth control pills were you?"

Dixie vioce was barely a whisper as she replied, "No."

Doc said, "Good. If you were, you would have needed to stop taking them."

Doc said, "We'll give you a few mintues to change into a gown and I'll be back to do a couple tests. Who, if anyone do you want back in here?"

Dixie replied, "Luke."

The look on Cooter's face was............

The look on Cooter's face was pure evil as he left the room.

The Doc came out with the tests and showed them to Dixie and Luke. Next up, Lori.

The Doc looked at Lori and nodded. She drug both Luke and Bo in there!!

Jeb watched as Dixie glared at Lori Bo and Luke had tension built between them still! Jeb rolled laughing! Cooter watched and began to laugh himself! Jeb thought this was far tooo good!

The Doc looked at Lori then the two men. He wanted to laugh, he bit his laughter back!

"Ok Miss Davenport, When was your last cycle..."

Lori shrugged,"I dont know doc.."

He looked at her,"When and who was your dfirst relationship with?" Lori looked at Bo and Luke as they exchanged glances,"All and all it was Luke very first...then it was Bo then Luke the next night."

he Doc looked at the two men who were cussing each other. Lori sighed and shook her head.

"Exact dates sir would be Bo- March 1

Luke-march 2"

The Doc nodded. Bo and Luke looked at her and thought her crazy to keep up with it.

"Let me go get some prenatal viatmins for ya ma'am and I need to run some tests to see if the young one's' are doing fine."

Lori nodded and looked at Bo and Luke and laughed.

They looked at her then to each other and tensed up.

Doc came out as he did the test the boys held one hand each! Lori giggled and thought her the luckiest woman alive!

When the doc was done, he gave her the prescription and nodded, When they left he laughed!

Jeb and the others......

As the group started out, Doc remembered a couple of things he had forgotten due to the unusal situation and added tension. "Folks, could I see Lori in here for a few minutes." He sighed and added, "And, ah,..... who ever ya want with you!"

Luke felt daggers in his back as he turned with Bo to go into the exam room!

Inside Doc asked one more sensitive question, "Miss Davenport you said you were with Luke before Bo on March 1. How long exactly was that? I remember that you two were married awhile before that?"

Lori thought for a minute.

Luke HOPED she knew!

Lori waved Doc off. "Doc, I hadn't been with anyone for a about three months. Last I know was Luke on Dec 7th. before March 1. AND Yes, I had regular, "God she hated THIS!!, "Cycles after that."

Doc said, "Ok so taking the March first or second date you will be due normally around the first part of Dec. However, with twins, it could be some what earlier."

Luke sighed having rememeber the earlier due date of late Nov. His thought were what IF they went into labor at the same time? He remarked, "Oh, that's just great! Thanks Doc!"

Lori looked at Luke and smacked him! Hard!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As they all walked outside of Doc's office, Jeb had to ask and being in a public place he felt safe enough, "You ALL really DON'T KNOW! HOW could none of YOU know who the father is??"

Dixie, being pregnant, was not in a good mood and she had just bee asked several really 'personal' questions in front of her brother. The fact Luke had run off with Lori was eating at her. "I can tell ya how. It's called Bo and Luke are a couple a freakin' MAN WHORES who only think with what's in their jeans, and Lori, well, everyone knows she's the HAZZARD WHORE! I dunno if there's a man in the county she hasn't screwed around with who's under 35, possibly under 40!" Dixie promptly stomped off!

Luke winced at her words and went after her.

Bo was left to ........................

Lori scoffed it off,"Least I was gettin some VIRGIN MARY!" She rolled her eyes and pushed passed Dixie almost knocking her down. She walked out to Midnight and started him up pulling out.

Bo was left with no one, but, Jeb....Jeb was a bit more occupied with Lori. He had his eyes set on her. He smiled and followed her.

When Lori pulled back up at the farm she sighed and saw Jeb in behind her. She smiled and shook her head at him,"Jeb what on earth are you doing?"

Jeb smiled."Following you..."

Lori giggled and walked to the porch and sat down where Jeb sat beside her.

Lori looked at him and laughed,"What?"

Jeb smiled........

Jeb smiled, "Yeah I know since you were a kid you have only talked to Luke, but, .... ah, ........... hey, ............ Looks like he is occupied. I'm NOT?"

Lori looked at Jeb and winked,"Yea...Luke kinda pushed me to the side I guess...." She giggled and batted her eyelashes at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke went after Dixie only to find her waiting in the General Lee. She wasn't happy! In fact she was sniffling.

Luke plopped into the seat, "Sorry, Dix!" He was silent a long while. "But, until I know for sure, I could be having one or three kids."

Dixie looked at him and said, "That isn't the part that bothers me. You went from her to me, to her, and BACK to me!"

Luke swore to himself, and said, "Dix, I know and I swear I'd likr to change things but I can't."

"I know, Luke and I am tring to be good, but some times, I just can't be." Dixie stated.

Luke nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo followed Cooter to the garage. "Coot how do I compete with that? THOSE babies COULD be just as much mine as Luke's. But no one sees that!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was with her FIRST!"

Cooter sighed and looked at Bo,"Bo...don't ask me! I don't know how that stuff works!! No matter what she'll always go for Luke!!"

Bo glared, "Thanks Cooter! Thanks a lot pal! Think I'll just go to the Boar's Nest and find me somone else, then!

Lori was setting on the porch getting to know Jeb a little better, when Bo, Luke, Dixie, and even Cooter all came back to the house again. Jeb and Lori were laughing and giggling.

Luke looked back at Bo and sighed. He looked at Lori and nodded, typical Lori stunt. He shook his head and took Dixie in the house.

~~~~~~~~~

Bo sighed, would he ever win Lori's heart. He took back off and went to the Boar's Nest. He arrived and got soo drunk he tossed the beer back like it was going outta style. There was a nice young blonde philly that walked by him, she winked at him having just drifted into town. She sat by Bo and got better aqqauinted with him. He was drunk and didn't care, he was mad at Lori and wanted to get even.

He took Cindy, the young blonde, to the lake........

Daisy seen how drunk Bo was but hadn't had time to talk to him. When she seen him leave with the girl she had know something wasn't right. As soon as she got the chance she radioed, "Lost Sheep 1 this is Bo Peep, come back." Before Luke could get to the radio, Daisy called again, "This is Bo Peep to anyone home on the Hazzard Net? I'm looking for Lost Sheep 1 anybody that sees him."

Luke had been on the porch with Dixie talking when the base station in the kitchen came to life with Daisy's call. He got up and headed toward teh kitchen, his steps got quicker by the second call. Luke didn't like the sound of her vioce as he snatched the CB mic, "This is Lost Sheep 1, Bo Peep. What's wrong?"

Daisy sighed, "Luke I just seen Bo leave drunker than a skunk with some drifter...she was blonde and looking for a good time apprently they're at the lake right now from what I heard Bo slur out."

Luke swore! "Daisy finding him at that lake is like finding the Sam and Sandy in the swamp! I'm gone!" Luke headed to the pickup. He stopped just long enough to very quietly let Jesse know what was up. When he got to Dixie he tried to act calm, "Ummmm, want take a ride?"

Dixie knew something was up but followed him to the pick up.

As Luke backed out of the yard, he explained what he knew, "Daisy said Bo just left the Boar's Nest. He's pretty drunk and with a blonde heading for the lake!"

Dixie concluded, "And, you are trying to run interferance without Lori knowing."

"Exactly!" Luke said, "If I can find him." Most of any spots Bo knew he knew from Luke and a couple from Cooter, but Luke knew he'd kept a few to himself so he figured Bo had also found a few of his own IF he didn't want to be found. Luke really figured NOW should be one of those time he should want to NOT be found cause IF Lori caught him instead of Luke there would be he-- to pay. The fact she was making eyes at Jeb wouldn't mean a thing! to her IF she caught Bo going out on her. Luke knew -- he'd been there too many times!

Luke took Dixie and loaded her up in the truck. Jeb and Lori were in Midnight and done and gone somewheres. Luke shook his head and helped Dixie in. He went down to the lake and saw Bo there with Cindy. He drove down and knocked on the side of the car. Bo quickly stopped and got dressed. Luke looked at him,"Havin fun?"

Bo sighed and looked at Cindy,"I'll take a to the hotel room...sorry.."

Luke nodded and pointed at Dixie,"YOU DO NOT TELL LORI!!"

Dixie looked at Luke and humphed him! Luke looked at Bo,"I want YOU home when you take her to where ever she came from!"

Luke shook his head and took Dixie back to the house. When he got there Lori and Jeb where in Midnigth, the windows were fogged, naturally. Luke looked at Dixie and smiled kissing her. He took her in the house and sat down on the couch making all these gooshy gooshyt comments to her.

Lori smiled at Jeb and kissed him. She looked at him and bit her lip,"Wow..."

Jeb.........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo all the while was making his way back home when he caught Lori and Jeb.........

Jeb gasped for air! "Oh, you can sure say that again!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just as Lori and Jeb had finished dressing Bo pulled the General Lee in to the yard RIGHT beside Midnight Rider.

Lori replied, "OH Sh--!"

Bo got out and seen Lori adn Jeb in a bit of disarray! He.....................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke and Dixie had been on the couch. When Luke heard the General Lee slide to a stop, He jumped up! Luke took one look and closed his eyes and said, "I hope this farm is ready for World War III!"

He looked at Jeb and cussed! He yanked Jeb out by the ehad of his hair and let him fall to the ground. Luke saw it and looked at Dixie,"TOLD YA!" And ran outside. Lori got out and walked around trying to break them up. Luke pushed her back,"Dont....they can do more damage to ya.." He pulled Bo off Jeb and held him there,"NOW FELLAS DONT FIGHT FOR GOD SAKES DONT!"

Jeb rubbed his chin,"He started it!"

Lori sighed and looked down. Bo cursed,"I wouldn't have if you wouldn't have screwed my girlfriend!!!!"

Lori looked at Bo, her eyes wide. He DID care about her. She swallowed and looked down. Lori got out and went inside leaving the boys to work it out.

She saw Dixie and held her hand up telling her dotn start. She sat down at the kitchen table and sighed. She thought about Luke, then Bo, and she cried.

Dixie bit her tongue and said,"I'll listen if you want to talk."

Lori looked at her and nodded,"Dix....I didn't think Bo cared that much for me..."

Dixie smiled,"Lori he cares more thna he shows, but you keep pushing him away. What's he suppose to do?"

Lori looked down and sighed,"I know...I cant help it though...Part of me wants to love him but the other part...."

Dixie said frankly,"Wants Luke. Even after you fixed us up you stll didn't want us 'together'."

Lori looked down and squeezed her eyes,"Sorry...."

"No. I knew you loved him, but I went after him like I said and I told you I would play for keeps." Dixie said,"But, I didn't bargain on gettinf pregnant. I promise ya that."

Lori nodded and saw the boys walk in. She looked at Bo and stopped him,"Can we talk??"

Bo snorted, he'd done been hurt. He sighed and walked outside with her.

"Bo?"

"What?" He snapped.

Lori winced,"Im sorry....look...I said I didn't want you..I went out on you you went out on me....can we say we're even and give me a second chance..."

Bo looked at her,Lori Davenport NEVER asked for another chance. He smiled and nodded,"But ya gotta stop runnin around on me..."

Lori nodded and hugged him.

Luke watched from the kitchen at the two........

Dixie saw him and went to him. "Luke I'm sorry..........."

Luke shook off what he had been feeling at seeing Bo and Lori together and said, "No, Dix I'm sorry. I love you and our child, but sometimes seeing them together, ...................... well, ............ it's a bit strange."

Dixie replied, "I know Luke."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo and Lori resolved their differences and made up. Everything went along pretty smoth for the couples until the race or all races was annouced!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 4th, promised to be one of the biggest races in the Tri-Counties and though Boss Hogg had his fingers all ready to dip in the 'cookie' jar he was not the main sponsor of the race. It was a real race with real prize money. The Winner would take home a thousand dollars in cash. Two nights before the race the Boar's Nest was having band and would be announcing the names of the drivers who had signed up that far. It promised to be 'an' evening.

That night Cooter had gotten to the Boar's Nest first and got a big table near the back and by nine o'clock Daisy was having a hard time walking through the crowd the place was so crowded. Dixie, Lori, Bo, Jeb, Luke and several others were at the table. By this time the rumors of the Duke boys new families had spread like wild fire and both Dixie and Lori weren't being seen in quite so tight jeans and their tops were a good bit bigger these days.

They had tried unsucessfully to get Daisy's attention for more drinks so Luke decided to go to the bar and bring back a round of drinks for everyone. He was waiting for Charlie to get done filling Daisy's tray when he turned, looked around and looked right into Amy Creavy's eyes. Luke being Luke, his eyes didn't stop at her eyes. He went to look her from top to bottom, but never made it that far. His gaze stopped as his eyes viewed her middle. Six months ago Luke may not have thought anything about what she wore but tonight he KNEW she was wearing a maternity top. Luke's eyes suddenly jerked back to Amy's. He saw a look of pain, regret, and a tad bit of fear which was something he never thought he'd see in the firey red head's eyes. Without a single word to anyone, Luke bolted like a scared colt.

As Luke passed Amy, she said, "Luke, wait!" She turned to follow him, but the sound of the powerful engine starting told he she didn't stand a chance with Lucifer still on the trailer hooked to her pick up she'd never catch him. She turned and walked back inside but her head wasn't quite as high when walked back inside.

Luke took off like he had Satan himself was on his tail. He had no idea where he was going but he was going! The more Luke drove the faster he got! Images of a couple days in March, right at four months ago, were haunting like he'd never been haunted before followed by the images of three women all now several pounds heavier! When the images of what he full expected to ses in another four months hit Luke he was glad he was at a wide field because he hadn't seen where he'd pulled off the road. He had managed to get the General Lee stopped and turned off just before he climbed out the window and got very violently ill!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Boar's Nest no one at the table had been paying Luke or the door any attention until they heard the General Lee tear out of the lot. Cooter and Jeb looked up to see three sets of eyes go from the bar, where Luke should have been, to the door, that he had to have gone through to leave only to see Amy Creavy come back through the door dressesd in a maternity top. Three chairs were pushed back and fell backwards crashing to the floor as Bo, Dixie and Lori jumped to their feet. Four sets of eyes locked. Though Dixie and Lori weren't wearing maternity clothes their conditions were undeniable. A 'hush' fell over the entire bar as the four stood there starring at each other a long moment.

Jumping to the same conclusion Luke had, Bo was the first to move. On his way out to the door, "Daisy....." She was already was reaching in her shorts pocket for her keys. Bo caught them and took off. Seeing which direction Luke had went hadn't been a problem he'd dug up dirty for seventy feet before he had obvious changed to a higher gear. From the direction he was headed, Bo knew he could be anywhere and from the looks of the road where he'd pulled out, Bo also knew he wasn't in a good state of mind. Bo was now remembering that particular week in March a few months ago also. He had tried to talk to Luke before Amy had came back into town. Luke had been adament that he was with Dixie and planned to stay that way. Bo knew the second Luke and Amy had walked out of the Boar's Nest together that they would end up sleeping together. The fact that Luke had not came home that night had merely confirmed Bo's suspicions.

Bo tried to think like Luke:

1. He had been Dixie's first (and only for all Bo knew);

2. He had been with Lori within twenty-four hours of her being with Bo. She was carrying twins and Luke knew he could be the father; and

3. Amy was also pregnant. Bo had to think about the time frame but the night Luke hadn't came home was the VERY night of the day he had been with Lori!

Bo concluded that Luke now figured he was possibly expecting four children by three women at the same time. Bo knew THAT conclusion was just likely enough to make Luke, who had been handling the previous situation fairly well, come completely unglued! Bo now knew he had to find Luke, pick up the pieces, help put them back together again and, so help him, when he was done, he planned to knock them back apart again!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter looked at Jeb and mumbled, "Holy sh--!"

Dixie, Lori and Amy were still standing there starring at each other in utter disbelief. Dixie and Lori drew the same conculsion Luke had and......................

Dixie, Lori and Amy were still standing there starring at each other in utter disbelief. Dixie and Lori drew the same conculsion Luke had and Lori looked at Amy,"What in the he** are YOU doing back here in Hazzard????????!!" Dixie saw the anger and pure evil in Lori's eyes, she was just as ticked as Lori was. Dixie wanted to know the same thing. Lori pointed her finger,"PREGNANT OR NOT I'M GONNA KILL YOU MY COUISN AND LUKE ARE TOGETHER AND YOU COME BACK AND ASTART YOUR SH** THAT DONT FLY TO WELL WITH ME YOU MESS WITH ONE DAVENPORT YOU MESS WITH US ALL!!!!" Lori charged at her Cooter and Jebhad jumped up and tackled her though. It took Both to hold her and Dixie back. But they wasn't strong enough Lori broke free and had Amy in the floor pounding her face in. Dixie pulled Lori off and had her a go. Amy got up and started to fight back, she wasn't as good as the Davenport girls though, Lori being an ex-marine and Dixie being raised around boys, not to mention all the rough housin Lori and Dixie use to do. Lori and Dixie both swung at her, Jeb and Cooter knew better but they took the Davenports and Rosco had Amy. Rosco cuffed her and Cuffed Lori and Dixie. Lori looked at Dixie with a look of hate,"Least I'll be lucky to go to jail fer whippin that wh**** a**....." Dixie looked at Lori and nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rosco took the girls downtown and book them. But, like before, Frankie showed up and got Amy outta there. Dixie and Lori were downstairs talking.

Dixie...........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the field Bo looked at Luke,"So you got THREE women knocked up instead of TWO huh?"

Luke.......................

Frankie had shown up to get Amy but Rosco was pissed and refused to call the judge in at this hour of the night. Frankie looked at Amy and started to ask, "Do you want me.........."

Amy nodded, 'no' and said, "No. You just wait til I get outta here in the morning. Don't call no one. Don't tell anyone anything."

Frankie held up her hands. She had seen Amy like this a couple times and there would be no talking to her anytime soon. "Ok. Your life." This wouldnt be the first night Frankie had left Amy setting in a jail cell, but the other times had been of that good for nithing Turk!

"Yeah it is!" Amy said as she sat on the bunk in the cell upstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke was leaning on the hood of the car when Bo had showed up where he had 'tossed his cookies'. Luke looked up at Bo with an unreadable look. "I,................ I,.. ummm,............ don't know, Bo." He was fighting hard not to be sick again. "I,....... didn't wait to, ............... find out." He lost the battle and became ill again.

Bo decided that he didn't feel sorry for Luke in the least, but he needed get him 'back together'. "Luke you got to get a gripe and go talk to her. You got to know. The NOT knowing is worse than knowing. Luke come on she's bound to have been with other men just like you have been with other women."

Luke looked up, "What if she hasn't been?"

Lori looked at Dixie with eyes of hatred for the red head that sat in the cell above them. Lori paced the cell like a caged animal. She was determined she WOULD show Amy once and for all that she was not wanted in Hazzard, especially by two Davenport women who shared the same feelings for the center of everyone's problems at the moment, a one Lukas Duke.

Dixie looked at Lori and thought about the situation,"Lor....what if, what if she's pregnant by another man and not Luke's?"

Lori stopped she wasn't thinking correctly, she jumped to the same conclusion everyone else had.

Dixie............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo sighed,"Then its yours and you'll be a daddy to four, maybe three."

Luke could feel the pit of his stomach gurgle and bubble. He was getting sick again......