Knight Rider returns back to tv on Febr 17, 2008

Julieduke

Hey Everyone!

That is true, Daney. But if I was given the choice... I'd take KARR before the new kitt any ol' day!! At least KARR wasn't as creepy (well, that is a matter of opinion, I guess...)

I like KARR more than the new kitt, though...

Even if they did put the original KITT back together, though, it just won't be the same. I don't think they could bring back what KITT was. They seemed to have failed miserably in the remake, so I'd just as soon not have them attempt to bring the original back. I'll just watch the 1980's series, and as KITT would say, I'll attemp to erase the newer one out of my memory banks...

Okay, If I become too upset, stop me- I have been known to get all upset about them bringing Knight Rider back. They done shamed the Knight Rider name, in my opinion.

Okay y'all.... keep the discussion coming!

I don't care that the new Knight Rider was about Micheal Knight and his son entertaining the Idea of the new KITT...ewww saying it makes me sick.

It would be like if they took the 2006 charger and making it a General lee out of it , and that the sons of Bo And Luke took over taking care of the farm, and fought the new commissioner and his justice.

It simply would not fly, at least not like The General Lee and K.I.T.T(knight industries two thousand) ...lol!

If they did this to A new season , or continuation of.... DOH, and used a 2006 charger painted up as the new improved General Lee, I am sure there would be a big stink about it, and I would **** on it right there with them.

That is how I see the new Knight Rider, the only good part is when the SUV crashed into the mustang, that was cool.

Another thing I didn't like about the show, The original KITT did not need to be online to remain bullet proof like the new mustang kitt.

They had to shut down the on board computer because it was being hacked. In the shut down phase, you could shoot out the windows.

The original KITT was always bullet proof at all times and had more advanced technology then the mustang kitt which only looked like a car, nothing super special about it at all.

I love the look of that mustang, but as a die hard fan of Knight Rider, that show will flop and roll over.

I don't want no new Knight Rider or no new Dukes of Hazzard, these shows are irreplaceable !!!

Of course I would say nay, if they had the original KITT< with the original voice and personality, with Micheal's son Mike driving it, and Micheal Knight being the head chief of the foundation for law and government.

I don't care that the new Knight Rider was about Micheal Knight and his son entertaining the Idea of the new KITT...ewww saying it makes me sick.

It would be like if they took the 2006 charger and making it a General lee out of it , and that the sons of Bo And Luke took over taking care of the farm, and fought the new commissioner and his justice.

It simply would not fly, at least not like The General Lee and K.I.T.T(knight industries two thousand) ...lol!

If they did this to A new season , or continuation of.... DOH, and used a 2006 charger painted up as the new improved General Lee, I am sure there would be a big stink about it, and I would **** on it right there with them.

That is how I see the new Knight Rider, the only good part is when the SUV crashed into the mustang, that was cool.

Another thing I didn't like about the show, The original KITT did not need to be online to remain bullet proof like the new mustang kitt.

They had to shut down the on board computer because it was being hacked. In the shut down phase, you could shoot out the windows.

The original KITT was always bullet proof at all times and had more advanced technology then the mustang kitt which only looked like a car, nothing super special about it at all.

I love the look of that mustang, but as a die hard fan of Knight Rider, that show will flop and roll over.

I don't want no new Knight Rider or no new Dukes of Hazzard, these shows are irreplaceable !!!

Of course I would say nay, if they had the original KITT< with the original voice and personality, with Micheal's son Mike driving it, and Micheal Knight being the head chief of the foundation for law and government.

Did you see that in the beginning of the movie that Shelby that Mike had wrecked had the number 10 on the doors. I wonder it that was a little joke by universial or just there.

I know, dukefan... I just hate the idea of a new KITT!

Both KITT and the General Lee ARE irreplaceable, like you said.

Glad to see a fellow die hard Knight Rider fan!!

I personally think that they should just have left Knight Rider (and the Dukes for that matter) alone! Just let us have our happy thoughts about it, and leave it be!

General Grant

Well when did they go and do that?

I love KITT the car, and he is really cool, but with all do respect, I hope he doesn't get on the new series. I just have a nagging suspision that they are going to drastically change his personality if they do that.

Poor KITT, such disrespect towards him. First he's picked apart into millions of tiny pieces and thrown on a cold garage floor, and then they try to reassemble him and has an uncertain future. (Hopefully not on the show)

Oh, THANK YOU TimDuke for posting that picture. I think I'll sleep better now knowing that KITT isn't laying on a cold floor somewhere in a million pieces like a piece of garbage!! (I'm just joking about losing sleep over this!!)

Anyway, I think I'll just stick to the original series, and TRY to forget about the new stuff...

General Grant

No, that is okay, TimDuke!! Thank you for the thought, though. That was really nice of you to offer!!

That was on the show?! I wonder how I could have missed it? That must have been KITT's brief appearance?? I am confused now!

North_of_Border1... chatting with fellow Hazzardites is always a good excuse!! I hope that a couple people were here and you had a nice chat!!

Anyway, thank you again, TimDuke! I still can't believe I missed that. Good looking, y'all!

I think I'll have to watch a Knight Rider episode over the lunch hour!

I'll see y'all around Hazzard!

General Grant

No, that is okay, TimDuke!! Thank you for the thought, though. That was really nice of you to offer!!

That was on the show?! I wonder how I could have missed it? That must have been KITT's brief appearance?? I am confused now!

North_of_Border1... chatting with fellow Hazzardites is always a good excuse!! I hope that a couple people were here and you had a nice chat!!

Anyway, thank you again, TimDuke! I still can't believe I missed that. Good looking, y'all!

I think I'll have to watch a Knight Rider episode over the lunch hour!

I'll see y'all around Hazzard!

General Grant

I was at the auto show did you know the the KR stands for King of The Road not Knight Rider like I thought it stood for and the price tag to buy the real thing is $78,000 I think he might see a few celebrity's buying these Mustangs it's only available as a stick.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Y'all!

Here I go again!

I am surprised that NBC is so proud of the Knight Rider show! I mean, I can see being proud of the original, but .... YUCK! I din't like the remake one bit!

Okay everyone, If you did like it, I apologize if I am getting carried away. I hope that you have a great time watching it! :D And that is great that you enjoyed it, but I still like the original better! KITT was funny, likeable, nice looking, etc... and the new kitt was (in my opinion) boring, almost creepy, at times disgusting, and he talked too much and acted too little!

Okay, I best try and calm down again! You all should get awards for having to listen to me whine about the new Knight Rider!

General Grant

Hey Y'all!

Here I go again!

I am surprised that NBC is so proud of the Knight Rider show! I mean, I can see being proud of the original, but .... YUCK! I din't like the remake one bit!

Okay everyone, If you did like it, I apologize if I am getting carried away. I hope that you have a great time watching it! :D And that is great that you enjoyed it, but I still like the original better! KITT was funny, likeable, nice looking, etc... and the new kitt was (in my opinion) boring, almost creepy, at times disgusting, and he talked too much and acted too little!

Okay, I best try and calm down again! You all should get awards for having to listen to me whine about the new Knight Rider!

General Grant

Whining, complaining, carrying on, crying in the sink, bellyaching, kvetching, and dissing is always permitted on HNet. :wink:

Overall, everybody's been trying to give the new KR a chance, it's just something didn't quite fit together with that movie. By the time it was getting there, and something almost felt familiar - it was over.

The new KITT was pretty dry in the personality department and too smug by far. The old KITT we knew, had a vocal inflection and personality that made him fit in with his creators. Wilton Knight was a sophisticate, the Foundation had swanky digs, and Devon had that crisp Brit accent going on. So when we heard KITT talk for the first time, his voice fit in.

The new KITT had less vocal personality than a recording on a toll-free customer service number.

Though I'm grateful there's something in the fall show pipeline that isn't a reality show. We're overdue for a new program with car chases and flying bullets, and for that I'll give the new KR a nod.

• 2 weeks later...
Did you see that in the beginning of the movie that Shelby that Mike had wrecked had the number 10 on the doors. I wonder it that was a little joke by universial or just there.

When I saw the pilot of the new Knight Rider on tv, they never showed any shelby with a number 10 on it? Where did you see this?

Dukefan,

You took my point totally out of context. I said it was good. So what that Kitt was a mustang. This was not about Michael Knight. It was about his son and how he became the driver of the new kitt.

This was no way like the 2 dukes movie. Those two had no right to be called Dukes of Hazzard. Everyone knows the only one car can be the General Lee and that's a 69 dodge chager. The new Knight Rider movie was about them making a second Kitt car. No where did they try to take anything a way from the first Kitt or Michael Knight. They never down grade them or made out to be a joke. Unlike the writers of the 2 dukes movie. Those writers where trying to make fun duke and degrade it. The writers of the New Knight rider movie made so we could see how this this new Michael was tied into the old Michael. It doesn't matter if it would have the same kind of car that old kit was or the mustang. People would have had problems with it no matter. People don't like change no matter what form it takes.

It don't matter what reasons they came out with the new Knight Rider. The original KITT was so advance towards the end of the 4th season, that Kitt could have continued the Knight Rider Era.

So what if it was about his son, they should have still Kept the original KITT period.

The two hour show was terribly boring , very little action, and the new KITT had nothing for capabilities , not to mention it was more vulnerable to be hacked and controlled then the Real KITT!

Well I'm not sure whether to watch it or not now. I think I'll take General Grants opinion since he seems the most hardcore KR fan here. I'll take a hardcore guys opinion because like me a hardcore Dukes/General Lee we don't accept a whole bunch of changes only very minimal ones. I probably won't watch it. I'll probably be disappointed. At least it sounds like they didn't put in a whole bunch of bad language and what sex was in it I heard was sorta implied not in your face like 2 other movies based on a TV show were.

I too am a die hard KR fan, and I don't care that it was about his son, this new KITT has no capabilities worth even mentioning,and changing colors did not impress me at all, more like a copy cat of the show VIPER.

I too am a die hard KR fan, and I don't care that it was about his son, this new KITT has no capabilities worth even mentioning,and changing colors did not impress me at all, more like a copy cat of the show VIPER.

Viper! I knew the new KR reminded me of something I'd seen before ( other than Knight Rider, for all you smarty-pants types who were gonna chime in) and I just couldn't place it.

Now that I compare the two, I think Viper was far cooler than the new KR. Here's a YouTube clip with an interesting chase scene. It's classic. The bad guy is in a black car, he's dropping hand grenades out the window, and in the end he refuses to be taken in alive. Edgy, ain't it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_GRRhclGrA&feature=related

Tho' all considered, I'll give the new KR series a chance this fall. So far I'm still hearing that it's a "go" and it'll keep the green light, as long as Ford bankrolls it. Any show about cars, beats any show without cars.

Hey Y'all!

I've never seen (or heard) of Viper. Oh, Brian, I disagree about any show about cars is better than any show without a car... horses are good, too! :p I'd rather watch a show about a horse than the new Knight Rider... even if it does have a car! Sorry, I'll stop it now!

Anyway, I hope that you all enjoy Knight Rider when it airs, I really mean that!

Before I go, though, I agree with dukefan about the real KITT being less likely to be "hacked" and the show being boring and all. This new kitt had (as dukefan said) nothing for capabilities! Oh, well. It is what it is, I guess, but I still don't like it!

General Grant

Viper! I knew the new KR reminded me of something I'd seen before ( other than Knight Rider, for all you smarty-pants types who were gonna chime in) and I just couldn't place it.

Now that I compare the two, I think Viper was far cooler than the new KR. Here's a YouTube clip with an interesting chase scene. It's classic. The bad guy is in a black car, he's dropping hand grenades out the window, and in the end he refuses to be taken in alive. Edgy, ain't it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_GRRhclGrA&feature=related

Tho' all considered, I'll give the new KR series a chance this fall. So far I'm still hearing that it's a "go" and it'll keep the green light, as long as Ford bankrolls it. Any show about cars, beats any show without cars.

COOL, I SO MISS THAT SHOW, VIPER HAD QUITE SOME GADGETS..:)

• 2 weeks later...

I actually loved the show and hope they make the series. I know there's a lot of people who just can't get over the Trans Am--but those are becoming harder and more expensive to find. They can't stay in the 80's forever--technology and auto performance have changed a lot -- I think that while the Mustang's interior was pretty plain, it was neat to see some of the new fictional technology that could be semi-believable. But that double-decker rear spoiler has to go.

VIPER was awesome--I watched that show religiously from day 1. Too bad it didn't have a better following.