CMT change of heart?

B.L. Davenport

CMT, as we expected, is using The Dukes of Hazzard as a schedule filler for programming that has been disrupted due to the writer's strike. CMT has made no official committment to regular airings of the Dukes, so it's hit n' miss.

I took a quick look at the "On TV" and "TV Schedules" section of CMT.com, and it looks like Dukes episodes are scheduled for this Tuesday (12/11) and this Friday (12/14). Check yer local listings. It looks like the Dukes eps are airing from the late afternoon to mid-evening.

If we get word of CMT putting the Dukes back on a regular schedule, we'll let you know! Meantime, catch it as ya can!

Brian is 100% correct.It is just being used as a filler because of the writers strike.I heard the rumor weeks ago that they were going to air it due to the strike.I believe their excuse for removing it to begin with was bologna anyway.They said the syndication contract expired.Well then how are they showing it now? Viacom owns CMT and they have owned the rights to Dukes for years now.Why would they need a syndication contract if the company that owns them owns the rights to the show.I'm no expert on such matters but that sounds pretty fishy to me.

Yes I understand WB still owns all the copyrights and trademarks.However Viacom owns the broadcasting rights to the show, has for a long time now.They own CMT. Why would CMT need a syndication contract if Viacom owns CMT? Usually a syndication contract is good for a while and I'm sure aren't cheap. If they renewed the contract(If there even was one) why then aren't they showing it on a regular basis only sporadically as they are now? Something isn't stirring the Kool-Aid somewhere.

yes. i noticed it to.i was sooooo exited to see them back on.i had heard that they were gonna start playing them again because of the strike, but hadn't really believed it. i think it might of been because if ratings too though. personally, i stopped watching TV all together when they took them off cause there wasn't anything else on. i really only watched dancing with the stars and that was it. i sure hope they keep them on. i missed them alot .lol

yes. i noticed it to.i was sooooo exited to see them back on.i had heard that they were gonna start playing them again because of the strike, but hadn't really believed it. i think it might of been because if ratings too though. personally, i stopped watching TV all together when they took them off cause there wasn't anything else on. i really only watched dancing with the stars and that was it. i sure hope they keep them on. i missed them alot .lol

Same thing here... there was absolutely nothing on! I got on here and stayed on as much now as I ever had! then I spent more time outside too!