Opening Teaser

I'm wondering if different DVDs have different voices for the teasers because there's no way that anybody would think that it's Waylon's voice if they heard the ones I have. Hmmm....hopefully we'll get more opinions from more people with this mystery.

Here's another one for you. Is the opening song...

....two modern day Robin Hoods

OR

......a true modern day Robin Hood

My closed captioning says it's the bottom choice but I always thought it was the top one.

According to the liner notes on the soundtrack cd, it's two modern day Robin Hoods. I don't know why, but closed captioning messes things like that up a lot. I don't know if there are humans doing it and they just don't pay attention or if it is a computer and it just can't pick up some subtle differences between words.

Hey Y'all!

I apologize Denver C. Were you sayin' that 'cause I wrote "he agreed with me?" I am real sorry 'bout that!

I don't think that they would put Waylon's voice on some DVDs and some other guy's voice on others. I don't know. I do think that someone should ask one of the crew or cast members this question. That would be a quick solution. Unless they don't know! As for the opening song, I remeber that I once got a Waylon CD from the library and was reading it and (if memory serves me correct) it said "two modern day Robin Hoods" I guess we could ask the crew/cast that one, too!

Anyway, enjoy your time off, and have a great Year!

General Grant

I've been watching all the episodes with closed-captioning for use in my map-making and (trust me on this) it is definitely not something you can depend on for accuracy. I'm convinced that we're all correct (concerning this issue) but what adds an element of doubt is that I can never pick out the "s" in "hoods". It's possible that Waylon's voice dropped off a little at the end and we never heard it.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone!

I thought the line went "fightin' the system like two modern day Robin Hoods" But, I have been known to misunderstand before. Shocking, isn't it? :D

Well, the whole thing still puzzles me, and it can drive me crazy when I watch the Dukes: is that Waylon's voice? I guess I'll probably never know.

Roger, you could have asked James Best, he might have known. :D

Well, talk to you all soon!

Laura Duke