The Heart Wont Lie: Unless your Luke and Lori.

LoriDavenport

Luke arrived at Camp LeJune, NC on the bus that left from Hazzard. He got his bags and pulled them over his shoulder looking around. He made his way to the front tent to grab his uniform and dog tags. Once he arrived at the first tent, the faces were none to friendly. He sighed and went to get his dog tags, in doing so he went to the men's barracks and put his stuff in his foot locker, changing into his uniform. Luke couldn't believe he actually left home, he knew he couldn't get home sick. There was a DI that stood infront of the men's barracks and had told them to report to the front of the enlistment tents,to the administration building, there would be their DI there to greet them.

Lori, meanwhile, was running late. She dressed in her uniform and was running full speed to the enlistment tents. An assistant held a paper out to her she grabbed it on her way, skimming through the names missing the "Duke" name that was written. She ran skidding to a hault as she saw the one man she never thought she'd ever see her, Luke Duke, her ex-husband. Lori's eyes got big and round, she searched her list and sure enough, there was his name, Duke, Lukas k. Lori shook her head and cursed as the men lined up. She looked and swallowed,"Ohhh dear god.." Was all she could say.

Luke and the others reported to the front of the Adminisration building as ordered after being processed into uniforms. Luke knew from everything he'd heard and knew to stand staight, look forward and try NOT to be singled out for anythng during basic training. To go with the flow. He knew there would be one recruit singled out that would be ridden by all the DI's the entire time they were there. He had spoted likely candidates for this as tehy were being processed. As he stood in the back line where he should be he say a female Sgt., a female DI, that was heading that way. Though Luke only saw her through the corner of his eye as she was obviously hurrying their way he would know THAT body anywhere. He swore to himself. What were the da-- chances? It wasn't bad enough he'd been locked up in jail for over two weeks over her cousin but here was his EX wife as his DI. Lori took command of the squad and shouted "Fall IN!" Lori did her job she never paid any attention to Luke, or atleast, she tried. She started out her speech,"My name is Sergeant Loren Davenport, I am your Senior Drill Instructor. I am assisted in my duties by: Gunnery Sergeant Hartman.Our mission is to train each one of you to become a United States Marine.

A Marine is characterized as one who possesses the highest military virtues. He obeys orders, respects his seniors, and strives constantly to be the best in everything he does. Discipline and spirit are the hallmarks of a Marine. Each of you can become a Marine if you develop discipline and spirit. We will give every effort to train you, even after some of you have given up on yourselves.

Starting now, you will treat me and all other Marines with the highest respect, for we have earned our places as Marines and will accept nothing less than that from you. We will treat you as we do our fellow Marines: with firmness, fairness, dignity and compassion. At no time will you be physically or verbally abused by any Marine or recruit. If anyone should abuse or mistreat you, I expect you to report such incidents immediately to me or one of my drill instructors. Further, if you believe that I have mistreated you, I expect you to report it to the series commander, Corporal Skye, My drill instructor and I will be with you every day, everywhere you go.

I have told you what my drill instructor and I will do for you. From you we expect the following:

- You must give 100% of yourself at all times.

- Obey all orders, instantly, willingly, and without question.

- Treat all Marines and recruits with courtesy and respect.

- You will not physically abuse or verbally threaten another Marine or recruit.

- Be completely honest in evrything you do. A Marine never lies, cheats, or compromises.

- Respect the rights and property of all others. A Marine never steals.

- You must work hard to strengthen you body.

- Be proud of yourself and the uniform you wear.

- Try your best to learn the things you will be taught.

- Above all else, never quit or give up.

We offer you the challenge of Recruit Training - - the opportunity to earn the title "United States Marine." As part of my job, I will tell each and every one of you 20 survival tactics for surviving the Marines Boot Camp:

1. Avoid eye contact. (It's harder for a Drill Instructor to intimidate you if you're looking past or through him!)

2. Bear in mind that no matter how traumatic things seem Boot Camp is only Temporary. In fifteen or sixteen years it will seem like a dimly-remembered cruel joke.

3. Trying your damnedest to achieve something is often more impressive than actually achieving it. Drill Instructors look for motivation and spirit more than anything else. Show it to them and they'll be happy. (You do want your Drill Instructor to be happy.)

4. Don't volunteer for anything.

5. Keep your mouth shut and your eyes and ears open.

6. Doing push-ups (you'll do plenty of these) with your fingers spread and your palms off of the deck is easier than doing them with your fingers together and your palms flat. I don't know why, I just found it to be true.

7. Never, ever, ask a Drill Instructor "Why?"

8. Never smile at or near or within sight of a Drill Instructor. You have no right looking happy in boot camp, and if a Drill Instructor sees you looking this way he'll take steps to remedy the situation.

9. When you have to say something to a Drill Instructor, make sure your words are of the one or two syllable variety. That way you'll be less apt to say something that'll get you in trouble. "No, sir" or "Yes, sir" are good ones to learn.

10. Eat quickly in the mess halls. Drill Instructors will occasionally abruptly terminate the time allotted for leisurely dining. ("We're having duck for dinner - duck in and duck out.")

11. Begin and end every sentence with the word "sir" (i.e., "Sir the Private requests permission to speak, sir!" or "Sir, yes, sir!").

12. When you speak, speak loudly.

13. Avoid personal pronouns ("I," "me," "you," "they," "we") when speaking to Drill Instructors.

14. Despite what you may think the Sergeants, Staff Sergeants and Gunnery Sergeants are really your friends. The Officers may or may not be. If you have to confide something to someone, tell the Drill Instructor.

15. Reserve duty outside of boot camp is nothing like active duty during boot camp. As you may suspect, this is good. And as long as we're on the subject,

16. Don't tell anyone you're a reservist unless you have to. Everybody else will be on active duty when they get out of boot camp, and misery loves a companion.

17. Don't question for one minute your decision to enlist in the Marines. It's too late to do anything about it now and it's not a productive train of thought. (Anyway, in future years you'll be proud you did it.)

18. Make damn sure your boots fit. Foot trouble in boot camp can cause serious problems - like not graduating with your platoon.

19. Don't get sick. Getting sick in boot camp can cause serious problems - like not graduating with your platoon.

20. Stay awake during the classes. You don't want the attention Drill Instructors lavish upon dozing recruits. "

Lori then finished it,"From now on, you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and last words out of your filthy sewers will be 'Sir or Ma'am!" Am I Understood you maggots??"

Everyone of the men looked directly at her, a bad mistake, and all shouted,"Ma'am Yes Ma'am!" Lori stood there and searched the men over, she nodded and walked down the rows and studied them. Luke was seriously doubting his joining of the marines now. Lori stopped at the man beside of Luke and saw a smirk on his face,"What on God's green earth are you Smriking at you Maggot????!!!!!!!" Lori was in his face and she looked enraged, Luke was scared. The man was Cadet Sam Jones, from Kansas. He smriked and replied,"MA'AM NOTHING MA'AM!!!" Lori was pissed,"You WILL listen to me and focus.... OR this will happen..." Lori looked him dead in the eyes and screamed,"Drop and give me 20!!!" The cadet fell to the ground and did the pushups right there almost in under Lori. Lori looked down on him and watched. She returned her attention back to the others,"IF I SO MUCH AS SEE ONE TEAR SHED IN MY PLATOON YOU WILL NOT GRADUATE FROM THIS BOOT CAMP AND YOUR LIFE WILL BE A LIVING HELL!! GENTLEMEN, WELCOME TO THE MARINES CORPS!"

Luke swallowed hard as Lori marched to the front and spun around,"Your first task... the classroom... you will spend three months in the class room and three months out in the field. I'll go ahead and tell you this though, since you are MY platoon, We DO go for morning jogs, thats a total of 2 miles every morning. If you wake up late and are not in formation with the rest of your platoon you WILL PAY THE PRICE!!!" Lori scanned the crowd again and nodded to Hartman,"I do believe we're ready.." Hartman nodded and spoke up,"Now! if you all would direct your attention to that building over there," he pointed to a one story brick building,"Forward March!" The men turned and marched to the building, Lori marched behind them all.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The men entered the room and saw the desks, they stood beside each one and waited for further instructions. Lori walked through the doors and nodded,"You may now be seated." The men were relieved and took a seat. Lori walked to the front of the class and spoke a little lower,"Now..under each desk you'll find books and paper and pencils... we do not require you to buy your own supplies, we supply them for you. At 12:00 everyday we will leave this building and enter the one behind us, which is the mess hall... a little bit of advice: Eat fast.., a DI, sergeant, anyone can come in there and run you all out, when we say its time to go, drop all food and stop eating, empty your trays and head back to the field or classroom."

The men all nodded and took out a sheet of paper and pencil, there was notes on the board that they needed to copy down. Lori sat in the chair and looked up to Hartman who was walking around the desks to check to see if the men were working. When they were finished Lori made another announcement,"And guys, another thing, when your in the classroom working its like at school, we do let out of here at O-300 hundred hours, NOW what you do at that point is on your own time, YES YOU are still MINE, but its on your own time, you listen to me and do as I say on MY time!!"

The men all nodded and answered," Ma'am yes ma'am." Hartman walked around as Lori was up front teaching the basics of the first day at boot camp. Luke watched her and thought how unreal this all seemed that no matter where he went Lori always seemed to be there. He tried very hard to get over her, it didn't work, he told himself everyday he didn't love her anymore. Truth was, he still loved her and didn't want to divorce her, yes, Dixie was more fun than Lori was, but Lori just had THOSE qualities about her. Lori watched Luke as he watched her, she wanted to smirk but knew she couldn't, she only turned her direction to the others and watched them, to show Luke she had no emotion in her eyes. Lori truthfully wanted to crawl in under a rock and die.

At 12:00, the men all filed out of the classroom and to the back building, the Mess Hall. Lori followed them to the door and found a seat by one of her sergenats, she saluted them and sat down, having a normal conversation with them. She saw Luke set with a bunch of others from Osage and Chickasaw county. She sighed as Skye looked to her,"Sg.. you alright?" Lori nodded, she knew she had to report to her superiors about her being divorced to one of her cadets, but she didn't. She tried to get over Luke as well, but couldn't. She knew that knowing he was there at the camp somewheres, not near her, would drive her wild. Lori continued to eat and watched as the men ate. When she was finished and saw that almost all the other men were finished, she screamed out,"TIMES UP MAGGOTS MOVE IT OUT!!!" The men hurridley got up and dumped their trays returning to the classrooms and fields. Luke and his platoon went to thier classroom and began to work again.

At three o'clock, the men saluted Lori and Hartman and left the room, sighing they were relieved their first day was over. A man by the name of Randy Jo Walker, walked over to Luke and nodded,"Howdy there, Im Randy Jo, I came from Kentucky... whats your name pal?" Luke nodded and half smiled,"Luke Duke, from Georgia.." Randy Jo smiled and shook Luke's hand,"Say you wanna go to the local bar?" Luke nodded,"Sure sounds good... I need a good drink about now..." Randy smiled and him and Luke went to the barracks and changed their clothes, they then walked around the corner to the local Honky Tonk club.

Lori dressed in a casual outfit, she was more fit and looked big boned. She really wasn't. Lori grabbed her guitar and went to Midnight Rider and climbed in. She pulled out and headed to the local bar as well. When she arrived she climbed out and walked in she smiled to everyone some of them her cadets. You didn't have to salute your surperiors if they wasn't in uniform. Lori walked up to the stage and smiled,"Howdy ya'll... I know ya'll wanted me to sing a couple nightas ago, my guitars in tune and im ready." Luke looked curiously to Lori and waited. Lori smiled and picked a tune out..

I Cross My Heart: Our love is unconditional, we knew it from the start.

I see it in your eyes, you can feel it from my heart.

From here on after let's stay the way we are right now,

And share all the love and laughter that a lifetime will allow.

I cross my heart and promise to

Give all I've got to give to make all your dreams come true.

In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine.

You will always be the miracle that makes my life complete,

And as long as there's a breath in me, I'll make yours just as sweet.

As we look into the future, it's as far as we can see,

So let's make each tomorrow be the best that it can be.

I cross my heart and promise to

Give all I've got to give to make all your dreams come true.

In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine.

And if along the way we find a day it starts to storm,

You've got the promise of my love to keep you warm.

In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine,

A love as true as mine.

Lori finished the song and smiled, the crowd went wild, Lori wasn't a professional singer, although she'd like to be someday. Luke set at the table with his friends but felt as if they were the only 2 people in the world he knew she was directing the song to him. Lori picked out another chord and played, Dixie on My Mind. When she was through she walked over to the bar and sat down on the stool ordering a whiskey. She slowly sipped it thinking of how she would ever get outta the mess she was in. Luke got up and went to the bar to get a drink. He set a couple seats away from Lori. Lori smirked and softly said,"Whats a matter Lukas??" luke said truthfully," I never expected to run into you when I got off the bus."Luke asked, "what do we do about it?" Lori sighed,"Im spose to report it... what do you think?" Luke said truthfully, "I dont' want to cause you any problems. Do what you have to. I sure don't need any problems.." Lori nodded,"I know that...truth be told it'd kill me if I did.." Luke looked confused and asked why. Lori looked at her whiskey,"Luke.... do you still have feelings for me?" Luke gave her the answer that he needed her to have, "No Lori. We need to keep this professional. There are reasons I have got to get through this." He was lying. Luke went it pvt Duke mode, "maam, recruits are NOT to look their DI's int he eye, ma'am" Lori looked to Luke and said,"Tell me the truth Luke...and another thing aint got no uniform on im just an ordinary person.." Luke said," Just leave it in the past ok." Lori nodded,"So if I went and reported it... you'd be able to handle another DI and NOT wonder or think?" Luke sighed,"Lori I've got to make it through basic and I'll do what I have to in order to do so." Lori looked at him,"I know...all because of Dix....Cooter called to tell me, seems to be the only one in the family that cares." Luke dropped his head and replied, "I had NO idea she ws only 16." Lori shrugged,"Teach ya to keep the horse corraled now wont it?" "You know you knew there was something between us when no one else did." Lori snorted,"Well duh wasn't it obvious... you talked more to her than me at times" Luke said,"the point is You, her, all of it's in the past. I got to go forward or go to prison." Lori smirked and looked to Luke,"Yer in for a hell of a ride Duke...listen, if I report one thing about you to anyone probably it will get back to the judge and he may take you out of the marines and rein state your sentence once he finds out your ex wife is here." luke knew she could be right. He said, "I don't have a problem with you if you don't have one with me being here theres only6 or so weeks left and I'll be gone out of your life anyway." Lori sighed,"luke I dont want you outta my life.." Luke said, "You are training me to me a Marine. Once I'm trained just how long do you figure I"ll be state side? And you know as well as I do I may not even come back." Lori shrugged,"Dont mean I dont want ya outta my life no matter were you are..I'll always think bout ya.." Luke looked and her and sighed. He couldn't say that he didn't think of her, but he really didn't want to tell her that. He knew that their relationship had always been that of gasoline and Fire and right now that was more of a dangerous combination than it had ever been. Lori sighed and nodded,"I know I know... it never works... no matter how hard we try..why do I bother?" Luke looked to her,"look I"m just saying I don't think we need that kind of attention fight now either of us.." Lori snorted,"Who says we're gonna fight??? you always assume that..." "i didn't say we were going to fight but we always collide." Lori dropped her head,"Do you know how many times I've tried to avoid that to?" "yes I'd say we are pretty equal on that score." "Most of it was my fault too.... How could I NOT have been so protective??? look at you!!!" "at me??" "Lori nodded,"You're the kinda man every woman wanted... I felt..well....jealous" "you were jealous when we weren't together and when we were. How could I win?" "Well excuse me for loving you, how could I win? I felt lucky with you and I had to worry with Dixie all the time because I KNEW ya'll had something and Ive had my heart broken tooo many times... "I can't change the past any of it and for what its worth you were right about a lot but we can't go back ." "you don't??" "Luke, I got shot by yer ex girlfriend's husband,You and Dixie got together, I was nicknamed the Hazzard Whore... what do you think??" "Well when you put it that way I guess not. But, after all that you are still telling me you don't want me out of your life." Lori nodded,"Yep.... I know it sounds stupid, but hell I've loved ya since thrid grade, how can ya stop lovin someone like that?" "You know when we got married. Well when I asked you it was in a conversation much like this one. You box me into a corner I don't knwo what else to say but to agree with you and then, ..... well,......... we know where that lead." Lori nodded and sighed,"And then it lead to a mess that I couldnt fixed but tired to... Im sorry I boxed you into a corner..made you feel trapped." "Luke asked, "Then or now?" "now??" Lori asked. Luke was pushing her buttons, he knew her all too well. "Lori from where I set you hold the cards. What do you want from me?" Lori looked to Luke,"I dont want to put you in a position as to were you can't fight me back...all because im of higher rank..." "

Luke said, Like I said you hold the cards. Yeah you out rank me and can make my life living hell, you can report it and get me moved into another unit and EVERYONE will know you are my Ex wife and cause me and you trouble or have me removed from teh Marines and send me to prison all that is true. but if I turn and walk out here right now you know da-- good and well you will do what you can to make my life difficult. If I tell you I want you and we collide it could ruin us both we walk outta here together get attached and I don't come back (from war) you still are hurt. Lori if you can show me a win here I'll listen.." Lori sighed and shook her head,"Luke if you walk its your choice I can't control your love life...if you stay then good.. i'll always be here...I cant show you a win just yet..." "Lori I'm bunk in a barracks with all men believe me there is NO love life going on.." Lori smirked,"Sucks dont it??? I could have it arranged for you... if I knew we wouldnt collide." Luke couldn't help the smirk on his own face when he had told her that, but hearing her reply he could not deny that she still could stir feelings in him. Not only did his heart and stomach do a flip flop but other parts of his body reacted as well. "Lori I knew what I ws geting into when I joined." HE thought about how long it had been since he'd been with Dixie and he knew it would be a he-- of a long time until he was with anyone else.Lori smiled wide and dropped her head,"Welcome to the Marines.... think of that as a sorta special gift from your DI...I got the same offer when I first joined and NO I DID NOT TAKE HIM UP ON IT EITHER..." Lori ordered her another whiskey and Luke a beer. Luke looked her in he eyes, smiled, said, "Thanks Lori." he said simply and walked out. Lori's mouth dropped, he took it the wrong way... Lori shook her head and said to herself,"He'll pay dearly.." Lori smiled and walked out as well heading to her apartment.

That next morning Lori had Hartman sound the alarm, to wake all cadets up to get them ready. Lori was in a jogging suit ready to take their morning jog. When she saw Luke, she wanted to smile, she almost did, but instead eyed him, Luke could tell from her eyes that she was smirking at him from the inside, he knew he'd pay for it...Lori waited til they were in their jogging suits and yelled,"Attten-tion!!" The men all stood straight not looking at her as they were warned. Lori walked through them and nodded,"Forward!!! Jog!!" Sometimes, Lori wanted to laugh, but couldnt. She jogged in front of them and then slowed down to jog beside of them. Luke was next to her, he'd let his eyes wander to her behind without it being noticable by the others. Lori caught on to it and looked forward and only jogged,"REPEAT AFTER ME!"

Momma and papa were laying in bed Momma rolled over and this is what she said, give me some PT PT GOOD FOR YOU GOOD FOR ME feels good up in the morning with the rise and shine gonna run all day til the runnin' done HO chie men is a sob got the blue ball crabs and the 7 yr itch. I love working Uncle sam let me know just who I am 1234 UMSC 1234 I love the USMC..I don't know but I've been told Eskomo pussy is might cold un-good feels good is good real good tastes good mighty good GOOD FOR YOU GOOD FOR ME feels good is good..I dont' want no teenaged queen! I just want my M-14 If I die in a combat zone box me up and ship me home pin my medals up on my chest tell my mom i did my best

The men repeated it, feeling quite odd seeing that Hartman and her both were dead serious on the cadance. Luke was watching Lori and his sweats got tightly uncomfortable, he cursed under his breath every few minutes. Lori could hear him, she chose that one just for him!! After the 2 mile run, the men went to the showers, Luke's water exceptionally cold. When the men changed into their uniforms, they went to the classroom and they were off to learn.

It had been at least a month or so that Luke knew of, hell who was countimg, he sure wasnt, that Lori would tease him and he had to have a cold shower every single morning and every single afternoon. Lori knew Luke was in need and badly ineed. She sighed setting at the desk, in two more months it would be out to the fields, her favorite part. Lori looked around and saw Luke look up every now and then. She smiled to herself and watched him. see over the weeks Luke was a guardsmen for the barracks, late at night he'd see Lori in her apartment... her shadow, and watch her. He was really tensed. Lori had made Luke HER pick of the bunch.

Luke had become what he had tried to avoid at least when Lori was the one in charge. There was always one person in every group that was 'the chosen one' that all the DI's made and example of. With the other DI's it was Cadet Sam jones, from Kansas. He was it even with Lori when he gave her a smirk the first day. He didn't know when to keep quiet and didn't have a clue when to just do something and not ask 'why'. When Lori was on, Luke was it and he knew why. He hadn't given her what she wanted, him. Now, she was letting him KNOW just what he turned down, just what he missed, and just what he had given up when they divorced. Luke knew he had done more push ups in the squad than anyone else had 'for her', but of course on occassion he did them for other DI's too because of one thing or another. Now he was assigned night fire watch of the barracks which mean he had only about half the 'sleep' time everyone else did but by that time usually the was no way he could sleep. From day one all the guys had commented on what it must be like to have Lori. Luke had enough scense NOT to tell them that he KNEW Exactly what it was like to be with her. They had even figured out that her apt. windows were insight of the barracks. Luke could not help but know which windows were hers. Futhermore, he knew she knew that he knew which windows were hers because he saw her smile to him every night when she turned off her lights.

One night, Lori was out and about around the barracks. She saw Luke and smiled to him as he went to salute her,"Its ok Luke..I aint in uniform as you can tell.." Lori winked and smiled, she was in a pair of tight jeans, a low cut tank top, her hair was down, and her side swept bangs blew in the wind. Luke looked her up and down and was immediately very uncomfortable. He couldn't take this much longer and finally said, "I know that you know you are really killing me." Lori only smiled and replied sweetly,"You was the one that turned me down and walked out.." Luke knew she saw his discomfort. He could feel his heartbeat in places of his body he hadn't before. "And you have made me regret that for a month straight!" Lori raised a brow..." I CAN arrange something here ohhh say at least 5 minutes??" Luke gritted his teeth and said, "I have 3 more hours of duty." He knew if she pulled him it may look real funny since no one had been pulled off that duty once they were assigned there before. Lori smiled,"Ahhh so you DONT want me to "Fulfill" your needs??" Luke closed his eye and tried to think rationally. It didn't work. "I didn't say that." Lori smiled and nodded,"One question..how bad do you want it? and how far are you willing to go to get it??" Luke looked at Lori. His desire was showing in his blue eyes, "Lori?" "Remember when you teased me at the jail and Rosco painted the red line?" Lori could see the desire in his eyes, she was going to make him beg. She nodded,"Mmhhm.." Luke swallowed and led her hand there again,"Lori please... I...i'm desperate.. I miss you and your talent."Lori only smiled and nodded,"I'll be right back." Lori went back to her apartment and changed into her uniform. Walking out, she went to the door, Luke saluted her and as she turned to go in the barracks, he smiled.Lori shouted,"ALL RISE!!!" the men were warned that at any given moment they may be awakend for anything. They all shot up and stood at the edge of their beds. Lori hollered,"Duke..FRONT AND CENTER NOW!!" Luke was only too glad to hear those words, he marched in and retorted,"MA'AM YES MA'AM!" Lori couldn't believe she was doing this.. but she was. Lori searched for the "perfect" watch. She picked the sleepiest one, Sykes, she yelled,"Cadet Sykes.. you'll take over for Duke for the remainder of this semester of your training. Sykes replied,"Ma'am yes Ma'am!" He got dressed and went to duty. Luke watched Lori walk by as she whsipered,"Wait for the signal.." Luke was tempted to smile, but didn't. He walked to the bunk and laid down as the lights turned out.

Lori looked out her window as she was dressed ready for him. Luke rose quietly and looked out the window. He saw the lights flicker and knew it was clear to go. Luke snuck out of the barracks through the back door and ran across the small parking lot to her apartment door. When he knocked Lori opened the door,"You really want this dont you?" Luke looked to Lori and cursed,"Da** it Lori!!!!" Lori smiled and as soon as he stepped in and the door was shut and locked the heat in the room was unbearable, Lori's slip came off and Luke's clothes came off. Lori smiled as they were entwined and locked together, panting and whispering sweet nothings in each other's ears.

After hours had passed Lori lay still in Luke's arms, she looked up to him as he looked up at the ceiling staring. Lori raised up on one elbow and asked,"Whats wrong?"Luke sighed and looked to her,"Lori you know the chances of me being shipped out. What if you're pregnant?" Lori got up letting the covers fall away from her,"Luke... To be honest... I aint thought of it..they'd probably question whos it is, course id lie, and they'd kick me out."

Luke took in the sight of Lori totally naked with the only light in the room coming from the window behind her. The figure of her outline was making him crazy. No matter how much he wanted to be reasonable and finish their serious talk about the consquences for them both should they get caught together Luke could not voice that right now. He knew he shouldn't have been there to start off with, he also knew he should be leaving, but he said, "Lori, come back to bed please?"

Several hours later Luke managed to slip in the barracks as the wake up call sounded. He was already dressed for morning PT and went out with the rest of the unit. he knew he was going to be one tire puppy today but he sure felt better than he had in a long time in many ways.

Lori had planned their meeting on the night before a day where she had late duty which meant she did not have to be out for PT this morning. She would be in the classroom after lunch and have the night duty tonight.

Lori sighed as she rolled around in the bed. She really couldnt wash off the smell of Luke's aftershave and that'd get her in all sorts of trouble. She got up and went to take a looong shower.

Once she was done, she put her uniform on and STILL smelt Luke's aftershave on her faint. She sighed and pulled her hair back in a bun, putting her DI hat on. She looked at herself in the mirror and sighed, what she was doing was wrong and she knew it.. She had to keep herself from staring at Luke too.

She sighed when she sat down in the classroom, waiting for the platoon to take a step through the door. When they did all Lori saw was Luke, the platoon waited for her to stand so she could take order, she didn'r. Luke closed his eyes and thought,"Ohh dear god we're caught.." She sighed and stood up, in control. Luke let out a breath to himself, thanking god she took command.

Lori sighed as she watched the platoon walk out, she dropped her head and sighed. Hartman walked over to Lori and sighed,"Somethring wrong ma'am?" Lori looked to Hartman and gave a slight smile,"Never been better sir..never been better." Hartman smiled and went outside to watch the platoon walk to their barracks.

Luke.....

As the end of the class was approaching, Luke was more than ready to go to the barracks and get some of the sleep he missed last night by being with Lori. They had about ten minutes to go and he was struggling to keep his eye open. Across the room Jones was also trying ot stay awake.

Just before she dismissed the men Lori checked her papers and announced, "I need two volunteers........."

They had been there long enough that no one readily volunteered.

Lori knew they wouldn't. "Jones, Duke. Thank you. Report to Sgt Hartman at the Administration building in fifteen minutes. Dismissed."

Luke swore to himself as he walked out.

Fifteen minutes later they reported to Sgt. Hartman who issued them two shovels and a wheel barrel. Their instructions was to move a pile of sand from one side of the Administration building to the other side. Luke knew this was one of those BS assignments. Next week two more lucky men would be moving the sand right back, but he was wise enough to get busy without question. He also knew why he had been chosen. Even though Lori knew why he was sleepy, he had been sleepy in class so he was selected for the detail.

Jones, however, ............

Jones, however, did NOT want to shovel so he made a scene. He crossed his arms and cussed Hartman, now being the one stupid enough to mess around with Hartman, Jones made it possible that his DI's really DID hate him. Hartman got smart, he brung out reenforcements. When Hartman saw that Jones wouldn't work he caught Lori out of the classroom and stopped her,"Ma'am.." He said, and saluted her, she saluted back,"Hartman...whats goin on now???" Hartman pointed to Jones. Lori rolled her eyes and marched over to him,"Do you NOT know the meaning of W.O.R.K??" Jones, as stupid as we made it clear to you early, smiled at her and nodded,"Ma'am yes ma'am..." Lori smiled with a sarcastic smile,"Pulled a good stunt Jones...that'll cost ya though... I got some real W.O.R.K for ya know son...." Lori pointed to the mess hall that was cleaned after the last group went in late, then she pointed to an obstacle course that was in a total and complete mess. She smiled and shoved the shovel in his hands,"Now..START WITH THE PILE!!! THEN THE MESS HALL, THEN OBSTACLE COURSE AND DO IT NOW BEFORE I PILE MORE WORK ON YOU AND MAKE YOUR LIFE HERE A LIVING HE**!!!!!!" Jones did as he was told, for once, and began to work. Lori stood there and watched Jones work a bit, then turned before winking to Luke, it was unnoticeable to Hartman, and they thought Jones... Lori looked to Hartman and spoke,"Just come get me from my apartment if he acts up again...if either does...I wouldnt worry too much with Duke though..." Hartman watched Luke and looked to Lori, Lori gave him a slight smile and explained,"See....he's one of those hard workin farm boys so I've heard from his buddies... he can handle that no problem..." Lori thought back to when he was almost asleep in her class and almost laughed, but didn't. She headed back to her barracks.

After Luke and Jones were finished, Jones looked to Luke and slapped him on the back,"That DI of ours...she suuure is something aint she?"

Luke.........

Luke wisely hissed, "Yeah! She sure is. I can think of SEVERAL choice words for her and Sgt. OR Ma'am don't even come close! Good luck at NOT pissing her off again this evening. I just want a shower and my bed." Luke headed to the barracks while Jones should have been headed toward the mess hall.

The desk for the Sgt. on duty was just outside the men's living quarters. Lori was seated there as Luke returned. He stopped, said, "Evening Ma'am." and signed into the barracks.

Lori sighed and looked at him and nodded,"Evening Private...That good work out wake ya up?"

Luke answered, "Yes, Ma'am." Lori gave him a slight smile and looked down to her hand, showing a small slip of paper that had his name on it. He gave her a wink and took the slip. He walked on to the barracks.

When he got to his bed he read the note carefully,"Luke, meet me in the day room in a couple hours when Im off duty, Lori.."

Luke sighed. He more than wanted to be with Lori but knew it was only a matter of time before he got caught out of the barracks if that was what she wanted him to do again tonight. If so he had maybe four hours for a nap. Be up all night and be falling asleep in class tomorrow. He set the alarm on his watch for 10 pm.

Lori sighed and laid her head on the desk. Her Sergeant Major, Skye walked by. He coughed. Lori shot up and saluted him, Skye saluted her, she stood at attention. He looked to her and nodded,"At ease...I dont wanna see ya sleepin on the job again now... stay awake!" Lori replied as she was taught to,"Sir yes sir!" Skye nodded and walked off. Lori sighed as he left. She sat back down and tapped her nails on the clipboard. Her hat was tickin her off and bad. She sighed and almost laid her head back down.

When 10:00 came, Lori was out of her DI uniform and into a a more casual uniform, she wore her khakis and a nicer fit hat. She let her hair down into a ponytail to go through the back of the hat. She sighed, she went to her apartment first to take a shower. Whens he left Luke was reclined back in a chair in the day room, in his khakis as well. Lori smiled and shook her head, she walked through the door and nodded,"Have a nice nap?"

Luke looked around there were several guys watching TV. He replied, "Yes, Ma'am, something like that." Lori nodded and sat across from him. He sat up and leaned closer to the middle as did she. Now, being one of those men in the room, was Jones. He kept an eye, as Lori and Luke tried to look professional, they seemed to smile a little too much and enjoy the conversation too much too. Jones snickered and turned around.

Luke looked to Lori and sighed he whispered to her,"Lor..I dont think we need to go out all the time....just every now and then...like tonights a bad night...I think Jones is on to us.." Lori nodded and smiled, she understood. Luke did smile and suggest,"Tomorrow night?" Lori smiled and winked to him. She got up and saluted him, as he did her. She left and went to her apartment.

Luke....

Luke sighed a bit relieved. He did want to be a Marine. He did NOT want to go from the Marines to prison. He wanted to serve his country. But he could not help to desire being with Lori when she had made herself avaible to him. Luke replied, "Ok. You know you almost gave us away today?"

Lori looked to Luke and made a wide eyed face,"Me????I wasnt the one asleep in class!"

Luke half grinned and replied, "I didn't see Jones in our bed either, Ma'am! and he was asleep!"

Lori smiled and shook her head sarcastically,"reaaaal cute MAGGOT realll cute..."

Luke gave he a bit of a grinand replied, "Yes. Ma'am bout as cute as that detail. "

Lori grinned a smug grin,"Why?? I wouldn't do that...had ta wake ya up some how??"

"Ma'am, yes, Ma'am, Thank you Ma'am" Luke replied as Jone walked by.

Lori looked to Jones and raised a brow as he walked on by. Lori then returned back to Luke her tongue stuck out,"I love bein in charge!"

Luke replied, "You always have!"

Lori snorted,"Have not!"

Luke almost glared, "Please!"

Lori looked around and saw if anyone was watching she smacked him on his thigh, "Its a lie and you know it! I have not you always have!"

"I won't deny that. But right now you are in charge and love it." Luke stated.

Lori just smiled at him and looked out a window.

Lori sighed and looked to her clock,"I bes be going now... I gotta get up early..and so do you!" Luke smiled and nodded. He watched as she saluted him, him doing the same. She left. When she returned back to her apartment, she sighed and smiled ot herself.

Luke went to this barracks and changed, laying down he thought of Lori and his family and laid with a smile on his face.

That next morning, the bugle was fired in the barracks, the men shot up and stood at the edge of their beds. When Hartman left, they got ready and headed out for their morning jog. Lori sighed as she was ready to go. The men lined up and she started the cadence off. They jogged 3 miles, then went to change into their uniforms and to the classroom. They learned first aid today. Lori got a kick outta seeing the men perform CPR on the dummy. Some were soo tempted to ask HER to be the dummy, if she could grin like a possum she would.

Luke was up next, Lori plopped a leg on the desk and watched. Jones smirked and opened his mouth, Hartman stopped him. Lori saw the look on Jones and crossed her arms,"JONES! got something to say?!" Jones looked at her and shook his head,"Ma'am no ma'am." Lori snorted and looked back to the dummy.

Luke did the CPR as required. Hartman was the Sgt. to pass or fail him on it. He was passed without incident.

Jones had not been paing attentionin class and did not know even where to begin preforming the CPR on the dummy. Hartman sighed and looked to Jones,"JONES!!! WAS YOU NOT PAYING ATTENTION????"

Jones frowned, "Sir, Yes, Sir."

Hartman asked, "Then why dont' you have clue what to do?"

Luke caught on and knew at some point Jones would be trouble.

When they were dismissed for the day Jones had been 'confined' to quarters so that he would be able to do the CPR tomorrow. This meant that after dinner Jones would have to report immediately to the Sgt. on duty at the barracks, then to his sleeping area for the evening, while the others changed and most left for leisure time.

Luke had come back from chow and changed into regular clothes. He was on his way out of the barracks when Jones stopped him.......

Luke had come back from chow and changed into regular clothes. He was on his way out of the barracks when Jones stopped him. Jones smirked,"Going to see Sergeant Davenport??"

Luke replied, "Jones what is with you? Where I'm going doesnt' concern you.."

Jones sighed,"Whats with me?? how come you can get some from the sergeant and I cant!!!"

"What THE HE-- are YOU talking about? I was on SH-detail right along with you! I happen to know why to I was dozing off in class and YOU were asleep."

Jones rolled his eyes and went back to the classroom. Luke sighed and walked to the bar.

After Jones left the classroom, and passed it, Lori sighed and walked to her apartment to change. She took a quick shower and pulled on her jeans and a USMC shirt. She sighed as she pulled her boots on..she was afraid now that her and Luke may get caught...She shook off and got up. Getting in Midnight she mumbled and pulled out.

Upon her arrival, Luke stopped her dead in her tracks when she walked through the door. Luke walked over to set at teh bar where Lori took a seat, He quietly said for only her to hear, "We got trouble."

Lori sighed,"Jones?"

Luke replied, "Yes. We had round one earlier."

Lori's eyes got wide,"Lukas!!! At the barracks do you NOT know that if you fight you can and WILL get court marshalled!!"

Luke gave her a look, "I never touched him. He wants to know why I can have you and he can't?" Luke added, "He's guessing I figure but he's da-- close."

Lori almost spit her whiskey being as sarcastic as she was,"Well one..you look better and two I still love you and three hes just stupid... there some good pointers to give him next time Luke!!!!! "

Luke grinned, "I would love to tell him just that! But I dotn' figure it would do either of us any good if I did."

Lori sighed,"Do you still wanna see me??"

Luke took in a long breath and let it out. "I dont' have to answer that. You know the answer."

Lori sighed and looked down,"I know that...I thought on it...I guess if its worth gettin our a**es in trouble then its worth taking the chances.."

Luke replied, "That's the thing Lori is it worth it?"

Lori looked him dead in the eyes,"You tell me..."

"We've both got a lot to loose here. In some way s you more than me." Luke said.

Lori still looked at him,"I know that....Luke, I still love you.... its worth it to me whether it is to you or not.."

Luke.......

Luke thought for a minute. His brain was screaming NO! While other parts of him were screaming YES! He finally answered, "I should have my head examined, but yes it is worth it."

Lori replied, "Good."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jones decided he was NOT staying in the barracks all evening. He dressed and slipped out without signing out while the Sgt was away from the desk. He walked down to a near by bar for a beer. As he stepped throught the door who should he see but Duke setting BESIDE Sgt. Davenport. He knew, he just knew that there was something going on between those two. Jones being himself and having no better since, even though it was Sgt. Davenport who had confined him to the barracks. approached them, "Well isn't THIS Cozy?"

Lori turned and took charge, "Jones! You were confined to the barracks!" She turned to the bartender, "Sam, can I use your phone?"

Sam handed her the phone.

Lori made a call and said, "This is Sgt. Davenport. I need MP's at O'Riley's."

Jones replied loud enough for the bar to hear, "That's wasn't smart, Sarge, especially with you a Duke there getting it on!"

Lori glared at him and said as the MP's came thorugh the door, "What wasn't smart is leaving the barracks when YOU were confined to quarters by ME." She turned to the MP's and directed, "Return him back to the barracks and see that he stays there. I'll deal with him tomorrow."

The MP's replied, "Yes Ma'am!"

Jones was cuffed and escorted out of the bar before he so much as ordered the first beer he had went after.

Luke had set back down on the bar stool as if he hadn't seen a thing. He waited for Lori's lead but hoped she'd wait a bit. She didn't.

It hadn't been a minute after she had directed the MP's to escort Jones back that Lori looked at Luke, "I think you had best be getting back to base your self Duke."

Luke dropped his head, knowing this was not good, "Yes, Ma'am. Anything you say, Ma'am." He finished his half a beer in one drink and left.

Lori finished her drink and ordered a second. She had Midnight and knew Luke was walking. They could NOT be seen going through the front gate together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Luke was walking back to Base Midnight passed him. He went to a spot where he could see Lori signal him and waited once he was on base.

Lori went in the apartment finding no one out and about in the halls she signaled Luke to come up.

Luke saw Lori's signal and headed towards her apartment which was off limits to him. He knew that and so did she, but he went any way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jones was NOT happy at being escorted back to the barracks by MP's and placed under 'house arrest'. No one else was in the barracks and he began pacing. When he did stop it was in front of the window. It was now dark outside. Jones could not believe what he saw! There was Duke in Sgt. Davenport's apartment!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke entered the apartment and double locked the door. "Lori ....."

Lori put her finger to his mouth to quiet him, "SHhhhhhh." She lead him into the bed room and took of her shirt as Luke flipped off the light.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jones stood there long enough to see Lori's back as she took off her shirt jsut before Duke cut off the light. This was far too good to let pass! He made his way to Sgt. Hartman and requested, "Sgt. I need to speak with Sgt. Major Skye urgently!"

Sgt. Hartman said, "You better have a good reason."

Jones replied, "I want to file a formal complaint against a superior officer."

Hartman could not help but let out a whistle, "Jones are YOU sure you want to do that?"

"Yes, Sir." Jones said.

Hartman said, "I'll get him the message." Hartman waited until Jones returned to the barracks before calling Skye. "I hate to bother you Sir, but I have a man who stated he wants to file a formal compaint with you on a superior officer. He didn't say who. Sir, this is one of our problems. I understand Sir."

Hartman had been told that it did not matter about man being a problem if he wanted to make a complaint about one of Skye's officers he'd be there within the hour.

Skye was there in no time seeing Jones there. They saluted as Skye asked,"Well??" Jones replied,"Sir...its Sergeant DI Lori Davenport sir.." Skye looked shocked, Lori would never do that to him..he thought she was loyal.. he swallowed and asked,"Who with?" Jones replied again."Sir..Pvt. Luke Duke sir.." Skye nodded. It meant both would be courtmartialed and Lori would more than likely not be a sergeant anymore, A position she worked hard to get.

That next morning as Luke snuck back to the barracks, Jones saw him in the broad daylight. Skye awaited for Lori to awake as he had called her in her apartment. Hartman awoke the boys and stopped Luke as he was heading out the door.

As Luke and Lori saw each other at the Administration office, Luke sighed and looked down. Lori sighed and looked as Skye motioned them to his office. When the two entered they all saluted and Luke and Lori took a seat. Skye looked to Lori,"Sergeant DI Loren Davenport.. I got a complaint against you and Pvt. Duke here.... and if what they saw is true... then you've disrespected me and your other superiors." Lori looked at him and nodded,"Sir..I know Sir.." Skye looked to Duke,"Do you realize the trouble you both are in??" Lori looked to Skye,"Permission to speak sir?" Skye nodded. Lori looked to Luke and then to Skye,"I dont know why he's in trouble he did nothing....I..I promise you sir that this man is innocent." Luke looked to Lori and his eyes got wide. Skye looked to Lori and saw that she looked as if she wasn't lying. He looked to Lori,"We had an eye witness.." Lori sighed,"Sir... Whoever it was must have been blind....and as a matter of fact..I KNOW who it was sir and he's been jealous because I've been trying to boost Duke's confidence up sir...as you told me to do sir..." Skye couldn't argue with her on that one. Skye looked to Luke,"She's one of my best DI's I got...Now...because of this...we'll investigate.... Duke you are to stay at the barracks, Sergeant DI Davenport, you are to stay at your living quaters until further notice..."

Lori looked to Luke and then to Skye she sighed and they both got up and saluted him. When they walked out Luke looked at Lori and shook his head. Lori then fought fire with fire and turned around and went back into Skye's office. She saluted him and looked to Skye,"Sir..Id like to have a PVT of mine Court martialed as well...Pvt. Sam Jones... Restriction breaking..." Skye sighed,"Serg.. you know two wrongs dont make a right?" Lori sighed,""I know sir...but I want to anyways.." Skye nodded and set Jones' date. Lori saluted him and left.

As Luke and Lori exited Skye's office there were 4 MP's stationed outside. Luke knew as he headed back to the barracks that two were his 'escorts' and the other two likely Lori's. He signed in with the Corporal at the desk as Sgt. Hartman had the men on their morning run. Luke saw the two MP's take their position on either side of the barracks door. Luke walked in the barracks and saw Jones there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori left Skye's office for the second time and this time she saw the two MP's waiting for her and two following Luke as he walked back to his barracks. Lori looked down and walked over to them she looked at them with a, "I'm in trouble look aren't I?"

One of the MP's directed her toward her apartment, "This way Ma'am.".

Once at Lori's apartment, she opened the door and went inside. She closed the door and listened. The MP's did not leave. She knew Skye had stationed them at her door. She swore!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jones saw Luke and had seen the MP's escort him to the barracks.

Jones snickered,"Havin' fun, now Duke?? Maybe you should have been in the barracks last night."

Luke would have loved to have put Jones in his place but the MP's were outside and he figured he'd pushed his luck to far already. "And maybe you SHOULD mind your own business!"

Jones laughed and looked at Luke with a smug grin,"Why when yours is sooo much better?? I KNEW you and Sarge was getting it ON!"

It was taking all the control Luke had to keep his hands off Jones.

Lori walked over to her chair and sat down. Skye and them was going to investigate this and ride her hard for it. She looked around and picked up her guitar and played around on it. The MP's outside were listening to her and sighed.

~~~~~~~~

Luke, meanwhile, covered his ears and laid there NOT listening to Jones yammer his mouth all day.

~~~~~~~

Skye, in the meanwhile, was walking around asking people of Luke and Lori's history. No one knew anything. IF nothing happened like Lori said, then there was no need for her to be court-martialed. Randy, the only one who knew anything about Luke and Lori, was gone. He was gone due to the fact someone in his family, a veteran, had died. Skye sighed and saw no reason to keep the four MP's on duty any longer. Skye went and told each MP to leave and talked to Luke and Lori. They both sighed with relief and looked to each other.

Lori, though, did return to her room and sighed. See, since her and Luke last slept with each other, she called to get checked out. There was a message on her answering machine from the Doc's office. She trembled and touched the button. It said to call back it was urgent. She called, she dropped the phone too. Lori sighed and paced the floor. She looked out her window and then to the barracks. She could see Luke, she whistled. Luke looked out and saw her and shook his head. Lori sighed and motioned for him to come to her aprtment. He cussed and got up. He snuck out the back way and to her door.....

Jones went to the window. He had memorized every part of the barracks and was going stir crazy. He didn't understand how Skye had returned Sgt. Davenport to command and let Duke off scott free. It was just getting dark and everyone else was out having a drink or at the movies. Jones was alone and bored as he saw the light come on in Sgt. Davenport's apartment. The way the door was he could see her enter the apartment. A short while later he saw movement in Sgt. Davenport's apartment. Jones looked up in time to see Duke enter the apartment. They walked to the bedroom. Jones could see them as Lori unsnapped Lukes shirt and took it off him. The light went off. Jones walked to Sgt Hartman's desk as he had the night duty. "I want to talk to Sgt. Major Skye now please Sir."

Hartman asked why.

Jones replied, "I feel I am being treated unfairly by Sgt. Davenport being kept on restriction. I want to file a formal complaint."

Hartman felt Jones was digging a hole but replied, "I'll put the call through."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skye was at the barracks in ten minutes.

Jones said, "I do wish to file a report on Sgt. Davenport about still being on restriction, Sir, but if you will step over to the window I'll show you something. Sir the third and fouth window on the fourth floor happens to be Sgt. Davenport's window. The light is on in the fourth window. That is the living room. It is off in the third. That's the bedroom."

Skye asked, "How do you know that?"

Jones said honestly, "The entire barracks knew it by the second night we were here. I was standing here because I was bored. I saw Pvt. Duke and Sgt. Davenport enter the apartment and go to the bedroom when I had Sgt. Hartman call you."

Skye said, "They are there together now?"

Jones replied, "Yes, Sir."

Skye stayed where he was and took out his cell phone. He spoke softly where Jones could not hear. He called for two MP's to be sent to Lori's appartment door and do nothing except stop anyone leaving. Skye stayed where he was to see what he coud see from Jones view before having anyone make any further moves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke looked down at Lori as he held her naked in his arms. "Are you crazy telling me to come up here at a time when we know they are watching us both?"

Lori looked at him and sighed,"Im crazy like a fox darlin...we gotta talk.."

Luke looked at her, "I don't think what we just did constitutes 'talking' Honey. Talk, talk about what?"

Lori looked down at her stomach then to Luke's eyes.

Luke felt his chest tighen, "LORI! For God's sake don't tell me. Not now!"

Lori winced and rolled over in under the covers,"Just remember Lukas it takes TWO!!"

Luke sighed, "Yeah. Yeah, how well I know that. You're serious? What make you thnk you COULD be?"

Lori got up and wrapped the blanket around her, turned on the light, she brung the answering machine to the bedroom and pressed the play button,"Miss Davenport, wil you please call me back its urgent..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skye was watching when Lori with a blanket wrapped around her turned on the light in the bedroom. He watched with more interest now to see if he could see Pvt. Duke there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke said, "OK, who was that?"

Lori ran her hand down the side of her and smacked her forehead,"Duhh Luke the Doc!!!"

Luke went pale almost snow white, "On base?"

Lori rolled her eyes,"No Luke..the one out of town!! I aint stupid enough to go on base!!"

"Ok." He let out the breath he'd been holding. "And did you call back?"

Lori looked at him,"No Luke..im gonna wait til next week!!! Yes I did!"

Luke stood up and started pacing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Luke stood up and started pacing, he was in clear view of Sgt. Skye. He was undressed at least from the waist up in a Sgt.'s personal apartment. Skye swore to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke asked, "Lori are you sure?"

Lori put her hands on her hips and sighed,"Luke...If I wasn't sure..I wouldn't have told you to come up here!!!"

"Oh, God! That's all we NEED right now!" Luke said. How could he have been so stupid? He knew he had been thinking with the wrong part of his body. Under any other circumstance he would have likely felt better about it but this was only going to hang them both. "Honey, I'm sorry. This is going to hang us both."

Lori looked to Luke,"Ya thank???? Cause now..I'll be sent home...think I wanna go back to Hazzard??"

Luke looked at her, "You are serious? But, you know if I get booted I'm not on my way home? Course I knew that before I chose to come up here."

Lori sighed and nodded,"You'll be sent to Nam' were I wanted to go!"

Luke said, "Honey if they boot me out I'm on my to prison until our child becomes an adult!"

Lori looked down,"Then..it aint your child..."

"The he-- it ain't! Who you gonna name, Vance?" Luke threw up the old hurt. He regretted it as soon as it was out of his mouth.

Lori looked Luke and smiled, that twinkle in her eye. The wheels were turning in her head.

Luke said, "I'm sorry. You didn't deserve that!"

Lori smiled,"I got an idea..."

"I'm listening." Luke said.

Lori looked to Luke,"What if.... they do find out I'm pregnant...I tell 'em it ain't yours cause where they know me and you was together.... they'd suspect it be yours..I tell em it IS Vance's..your cousin's...and of course Vance has to agree...you get off scott free.."

"NO!" Luke was not going to be reasonable.

Lori looked to him,"Would you much rather have your a** thrown in jail and NOT see this youngin' at ALL?"

Luke glared an icy star at her. "Yes! First off I could be sent to Nam and if I am and God forbid don't come back our child and YOU would be taken care of!"

Lori snapped at him,"WOULD YA ATLEAST COOPERATE WITH ME??!!"

"Yeah, I'll refrain from telling the brass I'm the baby's father until this other investigation is over. I suggest you NOT tell them you are pregnant any time soon. Lori if I can get through these next 4 wks I stand a better chance of tehm not sending me home to Hardcastle." Luke explained.

Lori sighed and plopped down on the bed,"WELL!! WHATEVER!!"

"Lori it IS my child. Let me be apart of this ones life. Please?" Luke said. He was still hurt over not knowing about the baby they had lost until it was too late.

Lori whilred around to Luke, he just opened up a new can of worms,"NOW WAS IT MY FAULT YOU DIDN'T WANT ME INSTEAD OF ROBIN AND YOU LEFT ME????"

"No, but had I known I would have made other choices!" Luke said.

Lori made a yea right as if, face,"Ohh come on Luke!! you woulda ran at the first sight of a sh**** diaper!!!"

"I'm not running now!" Luke said.

Lori let out a frustrated sigh,"YOU MEN MAKE THINGS SOO COMPLICATED!!"

Luke reached for his pants, "I'm sorry Honey. Really I am, but if you are carrying my child then I want to be the father."

Lori sighed and nodded,"I wouldnt want it any other way.."

Luke sighed in relief and nodded, "Thank you for telling me. I really got to get before lights out or we are dead ducks!" He pulled on his shirt.

Lori smiled to him, and pulled on her pjs going to the door with him,"I know it...Luke...before you go though.... In the bar...I asked if you still loved me and you never answered me.."

Luke looked her in the eyes, "Lori I've never stopped." Luke gave her a quick kiss and opened the door. As he stepped out he saw the MP's. Luke's heart went to his shoes.

MP #1 said, "Against the wall!"

Luke was helped to the wall, searched and cuffed.

MP #2 stopped Lori from closing the door. "Ma'am I have orders to escort you to Sgt. Major Skye's office." He took in her appearance and said, "I can give you two minutes to get dressed."

Both MP's held Luke there as they waited for Lori to dress in something other than PJ's.

Lori cussed when she got in heruniform. She was out the door and got teasty, "I dont need escortin been there enough!!!" The MP's thought her to be a bit moody. Lori walke din Sergeant Major Skye's office and sat down after saluting him. Luke as well. Lori sighed as Skye looked out his window,"Sergeant...I trusted you...AND YOU DO THIS TO ME??!! ITS fRATERNIZATION!" Lori dropped her head and nodded. Skye looked at them both.."Court-martialed...AND as for you SERGEANT DI YOU ARE SUSPENDED !!!" Lori looked at him with almost tears in her eyes. She sighed and gave up her badges and her hat. She looked at him. Skye looked to them,"Your under restriction to your apartment and to your barracks until further notice!" Lori and Luke nodded and saluted him. When they stepped outside Lori looked to Luke and sighed. The MP's escorted them to the barracks and apartment. Lori fell to the bed and sighed. Luke tossed and turned in his bed thinking....

Luke tossed and turned in his bed thinking about his situation. He saw no good ending to it.

~~~~~~~~~~

Bright and early the next morning there was two MP's at the barracks asking the Sgt. on duty for Luke. Luke dressed in his Kakhis and repjorted to the MP's. They searched him and cuffed him and escorted him to Major Mitchell's office. Where he was told to take a seat while still cuffed.

Major Mitchell looked at him, "Pvt. Duke I have an eye witness report from Sgt. Major Skye that states you were in Sgt. Loren Davenport's private living quarters. Is that true, Pvt.?"

"Sir, Yes, Sir." Luke replied officially.

Major Mitchell, asked, "You are aware that the housing units for Sgts are off limits to privates?"

"Sir, Yes, Sir." Luke replied. Luke knew he was sunk.

Major Mitchell asked, "But you went any way?"

"Sir, Yes, Sir." Luke replied. This was not getting any better.

Major Mitchell heard a knock on the door and said, "Pvt. Duke have a seat outside until I call for you."

Luke went to the door and was seated out side the door where now four MP's stood as Lori looked at him and alked into the Major's office. Luke was glad to see at least she was not cuffed but by her uniform had been relieved of her command.

Lori walked in and saluted Major Mitchell, she sat down when he told her to.

Major Mitchell looked to her and asked,"Sergeant DI Loren Davenport....WHY was Pvt. Duke at your private living quaters?"

Lori answered honestly," Sir I asked him to come there Sir ..."

Maj. Mitchell looked down at some papers and then to her,"You are aware thats Fraternization am I correct?"

Lori nodded,"Sir yes Sir."

Mitchell looked her dead on,"Why was he half naked?"

Lori sighed and looked him dead on as well,"Sir, He's my ex husband, and being so we have feelings for each other, it lead to other things, we stopped and thought of the concequences."

Mitchell raised an eyebrow,"Divorced??you are aware you was suppose to report that?"

Lori nodded,"Sir Yes Sir.."

Mitchell asked her,"And why didnt you?"

Lori looked at him,"Because...he was with my couisn at his time of arrival here and I honestly thought I could handle him.."

Mitchell nodded. Now, Mitchell was divorced and had been through the same problems as Lori. He looked to her,"Sergeant I can honestly say..I know what your going through...now..when you are court-martialed... You Will lose 2/3 of your pay AND you will be sent to the Womens Marines Corps, there you will be Corpral Loren Davenport.."

Lori sighed, he gave her the hint that she had been demoted, she handed over her badges and got up and saluted him. Leaving the MP's escorted her back to the apartment and there she would stay til the hearing.

Luke...........

Major Mitchell had Luke returned back to his office, "Pvt. Duke is it true that Sgt. Dvenport is your Ex-wife?"

Luke said, "Sir,Yes, Sir."

Major Mitchell said, "That being the case you should never have been assigned to her command. She should have reported it when you first arrived. You would have been transferred to another plattoon and there likely would have been no further problems. As it stands right now, I have no other choice to seek Court Martial procedings on you both. I am recomending that Sgt. Davenport be transferred to the Womens Marine Corps as a Corporal. She will likely take a pay cut and possibly go to the brig for a short period of time. She has been a good Marine and I don't want to loose her over this. As for you I have done some checking on you with your other Sgts. and I had received good reports. In fact they are good enough for me not to recommend you be discharged which is usually what happens to recuirts who get into trouble at this stage. I feel that you will be a good Marine and that's what this country needs right now. I will not lie to you, in your time remaining here, you may wish that I HAD recommended you be discharged, but you will be a better Marine for what you will go through."

Luke knew he was in a deep world of sh--! but wisely said, "Sir, Yes, Sir. Thank you for that recommendation, Sir."

Major Mitchell sighed, "I hope you can tell me that at your graduation, Pvt." He opened the door and handed the MP's 2 form DD 458 Charge Sheets and 2 form DD 2707 Confinement orders for Luke and Lori to be packed up and taken to Medical to have the Medical Certificate completed in order for the brig to accept them as pre-trail detainees. Due to them being formally charged and facing Court Martial proceedings they are automatically considered 'escape risks' and would be more likely to get into more trouble or attempt to go AWOL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori thought she would be staying at her apartment until the hearing. She SHOULD have known better. She later figured that's what she got for thinking, or not thinking! She received a phone call from Sgt. Major Skye asking her if she was sure that she wanted to continue Court Martial Proceedings on Pvt. Jones. Lori said that she did. Skye told her that as his commanding officer a the time of the offense he needed her to fill out the Charge sheet and Confinement order so that he could be charged. Lori said she would have them filled out in a few minutes. Skye said he would send a carrier over for them. Lori completed the forms as the carrier knocked on the door for them. They were taken back to Skye for him to have served.

Lori had just set back down when there was a second knock on the door. It was the MP's that had been stationed outside her door holding a folder with her name on it. He said, "Ma'am I need you to pack a Seabag with the following clothing and hygenie items and come with me." He handed Lori a copy of a form which read at the top: Confinee's Name: Sgt. DI Loren Davenport Confinee's Command: Sgt. Maj. Skye / Major Mitchell. On the inside Lori's stomach dropped to her feet, but on the outside all she managed was to say, "Sh--!" She knew that she had to pack and rather quickly or the MP's would do it for her. She was accompanied to her room by the MP's who stood outside her bedroom door with the apartment door wide open so that they could not be accused inappropriate actions. Lori was soon ready and was escorted to a jeep where Luke was with two other MP's in a second jeep.

The next stop was Luke's barracks where he was give a similar list of items to pack. He was escorted into the empty barracks, where only Jones was, to pack his bag.

Jones was smart enough not to buck the MP's and said from across the room, "Going somewhere nice, I hope!"

It took almost everything Luke had right then NOT to teach Jones a lesson, but the look on the MP's face told him it would not be wise. Luke packed his things and was taken out to the jeep.

The MP's that had given Luke the look when Jones was being cute whispered to Luke, "Your friend in there. YOU just might get the last laugh." Luke was left with the two MP's that had been waiting with Lori as the two MP's that had escorted Luke to get his things went back into the barracks. Luke wasn't sure what was going on, but could use a good laugh right now. He was NOT having a good day and figured it to get worse.

The MP that had told Luke about Jones, walked back into the barracks. He was enjoying this probably more than he should but it helped equal out the bad assignments. He walked over to Jones, "Pvt. Sam Jones?"

Jones replied, "Yes."

The MP handed Jones a list of items. "Pack a seabag with these items now. You have five minutes."

Jones looked at the top of the paper where it read: Confinee's Name: Pvt. Sam Jones Confinee's Command: Sgt. DI Loren Davenport. Jones bucked, "I WILL NOT!"

The MP unsnapped his pepper spray pouch, "Yes, Pvt. YOU WILL pack or I will pack it for you."

Jones opened his mouth again. He just couldn't learn, "She's been relieved of duty."

The MP gave Jones a satisfied look without smiling in the least, "Sgt. Davenport was your commanding officer the day I returned you to base from O'Riley's."

Jones quickly packed without paying much attention to the list. He would find he had brought things he would not be allowed and had left things he should have brought. Once he was packed the MP's escorted him to the jeep where Luke was seated. Fortunately, for Jones, both were cuffed.

Luke could not resist and said, "It would appear that you are going somewhere equally as nice."

Both MP's tried hard to cover the laugh they stiffled.

Lori was in the jeep behind them and knew Luke had said something to Jones but couldn't hear what.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minutes later both jeeps stopped outside of the Infirmary where they took the detainees. The MP handed the forms to the Corporal on duty. She said, "Just have a seat and we'll get to you all in a few minutes."

Lori was seated on the other side of the room from Luke and Jones.

Several minutes later the Corporal called, "Davenport."

Lori got up and followed the Corporal into the back followed by one of the MP's. In the back the Corporal looked at Lori's file seeing her rank was listed as Sgt. DI. She looked at Lori and said, "First off, Ma'am as you probably already know, as long as you are accompanied by an MP your rank is not recognized. Secondly, I need you to step into the restroom, put on this gown as you will likely be here most of the day. Finally, I will need a sample from you." She handed Lori a speciman cup.