Welcome Anna: evolution of a perfect meringue

i1976

Uncle Jesse continued to Daisy's room and called back to Bo.

"Answer the door Bo"

He entered Daisy's room and slowly sat himself down on her bed.

"Are you ok honey?" he asked.

"I don't know Uncle Jesse, I don't know what to think about Enos and Anna, the other day she told me about how much she loves him, and then i saw them together in the Boars Nest and now i don't know what to think" As she fininshed a single tear ran down her right cheek.

"how do you feel about Enos?" Uncle Jesse asked but was interupted by a familiar voice coming from the living room as the visitor entered the Dukes Farm.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hey Enos" said Bo.

"Why are you here? Rosco told you to arrest us?" Luke sniggered.

Enos smiled "I'm off-duty now. I'd like to talk with Daisy, please" then he looked around "Where's Daisy?"

Bo looked at Luke. What to say? "She's tired. So she's already in her bedroom. Sorry Enos". Enos nodded "I'll see her tomorrow. Bye"

When he was near the door to leave, Luke stopped him "Do you want we tell her something from you?"

Enos shook his head "No. I'll talk with her tomorrow. Bye"

Bo looked again at Luke "Do you have to tell her something so important that you can't tell us?" The two cousins were trying to stop Enos. Were Daisy and uncle Jesse listening to them? Did they know Enos was there?

Luke put an hand on Enos's shoulder "Hey buddy. Even if Daisy is not here you could stay a bit with us, didn't you?

Enos laughed "OK"

Uncle Jesse came out Daisy's room, looking at Enos "Hi Enos. Daisy is slee..."

"Hi Enos" said Daisy, interrupting her uncle.

"Hey Daisy" Enos replied with a huge smile. Just seeing her lit up his face.

"I thought you were tired" He asked.

"Well , i am a little but i thought i would say hi" Daisy replied.

Uncle Jesse immediately sensed the awkwardness of the situation.

"Come on boys we have some left over jobs to do" he motioned for Bo and Luke to follow him.

This left Enos and Daisy alone.

"Errr, Daisy?"

"yes Enos?" she replied.

"I need to talk to you about something"

Daisy was waiting, but Enos didn't know how to tell her what he wanted to. He was looking to the ground, holding his hat in his hands.

Daisy was worried; what did he want to tell her? Did he come to the farm to tell her that she was engaged with Anna?

"Enos... what's the problem?"

He shook his head "Nothing. I.... Do you.... This morning... you..." he sighed.

Daisy kept silent. She knew that when Enos was nervous the only thing to do was to lie in wait; if she had spoken or touched him, he would've become more and more nervous. Sometimes she wondered why he was so shy and clumsy; anyway, she liked him also because of his shyness and his clumsyness, as others women did.

Daisy sighed, in wait.

In the kitchen the boys were trying to listen to what they were saying, keeping their ears on the kitchen's door.

"What's happening?" whispered Bo to his older cousin.

"Shhhhh. I'm trying to listen to. It seems that Enos is stattering, but now there's silence"

"That boy...."

Uncle Jesse looked at them "You two. Stop. Don't act like children.

In the living room Daisy loose patience. She wanted to know.

"Enos" she bursted out "do you love Anna?"

In the kitchen Bo sighed "My, oh my"

Enos looked up immmediately into Daisy's eyes. His look was of shock and confusion. He again turned his attention to the Dukes carpet.

He sighed.

"Daisy i am confused, i don't know how i feel about Anna or you, you confuse me Daisy, us confuses me" He replied.

"What do you mean us confuses you?" Daisy asked forgetting the earlier part of Enos's statement.

"I mean" He said looking up towards Daisy. " I don't know how you feel towards me , sometimes you show me you care for me more than a friend then other times i barely think of you as my friend"

"WHAT?" Daisy yelled angry. "What are you saying Enos Strate?"

Daisy was very angry "Am I confusing you?"

Enos nodded "I don't know what you feel for me. Sometimes it seems that you're teasing me. Anna doesn't..."

"ANNA? Again Anna? She doesn't confuse you, right? Well. Stay with Anna. You... are... a so stupid man". Daisy slapped Enos, then she ran in her room, slamming the door.

Enos was shocked. It was the first time they had a row. His left cheek was hurting like hell when he left the farm.

In the kitchen uncle Jesse, Bo and Luke were looking at each others in confusion.

Anna and Enos lived in the same boarding house in Hazzard; her apartment was at low ground, and Enos's one was at first floor.

Enos stood a bit in front of Anna's door; he was still in shock 'bout Daisy's slap and he didn't know if he wanted to talk to someone 'bout it or if he wanted only to rest.

He sighed, then he decided to go to his apartment.

But when he turned over Anna's door opened. "Enos?"

Enos looked at her "Hey Anna", and he tried to smile.

Anna stared at him "Why is your left cheek red? Any trouble with your job? Did someone hit you? A fight at the Boars Nest?"

Enos blushed, so the redness of his cheek disappered in his blushing. "No... not at the Boars Nest"

Anna looked at him in confusion, saying "Do you want to talk 'bout it?"

Enos sighed again, and he entered Anna's apartment.

So Enos told everything to Anna (with a lot of pauses and always looking at the carpet). After Enos's words Anna was shocked. "Sorry Enos. It's all my fault. I was wrong to come here to stay with you. I only wanted to stay near you as a friend, but I've only complicated your life. Sorry".

When Anna burst crying Enos was so surprised that he hugged her and kissed her to stop her tears.

Back at the farm Daisy was talking with her uncle. She was crying; she didn't know if she was sad or angry.

"I....." Daisy sobbed.

"What?" asked again uncle Jesse.

"I don't want to see him with another woman. I'm jealous"

Uncle Jesse nodded "Do you know why you are so jealous?"

Daisy raised her head from her uncle's shoulder "You understood it before I did, didn't you?"

Uncle Jesse smiled, nodding "What about to call Enos and to make it up again?"

Daisy stood up "I'm going to his place"

Few minutes later Daisy was driving her jeep heading toward Enos's place.

Enos was kissing Anna, but suddenly he stopped. "What am I doing?" he wondered. "Sorry Anna... I didn't... It's better I go"

He stood up and left Anna's apartment quickly, before she could say something. He was again in front of Anna's door, but this time he didn't stop; he didn't reach his apartment but he left the boarding house, driving his car away from home. He didn't know where to go, but away from both Daisy and Anna.

Daisy didn't meet Enos driving away from Hazzard.

When she arrived at the boarding house, she knocked at his door but he didn't answer.

Before Daisy left, Anna opened her apartment's door. "Daisy?"

(cue anyone)

• 2 weeks later...

Daisy looked back to see Anna standing at her door way.

"oh hey" Daisy replied. She took her eyes off Anna's and continued to look around

"Do you know where Enos is Anna?" asked Daisy avoiding her eyes and trying to avoid conversation.

"thats what i need to tlak to you about" Anna answered.

Daisy sensed the distraught tone in her voice.

"Enos has gone, where i don't know he just went, just now when you came by i knew that he hadn't gone to you"

Daisy began to feel scared Enos never did that.

Anna looked into Daisy's eyes, "Why did you slap him?"

Daisy was surprised 'bout Anna's question. How did she know about it? Did Enos tell her everything? Daisy felt again that pesky feeling called jealousy; she wanted to be Enos's unique bosom-friend. She hated Enos didn't talk to her 'bout his problem, but she knew that it wasn't his fault, 'cause this time his problem was her. She was stupidly pushing Enos into Anna's arms.

Anna sighed. "Oh my God, Daisy. Are you so jealous 'bout my friendship with Enos? You can't ignore Enos's feelings for you. Me too I can't ignore it. I can only hope he'd love me, but I know he loves you. Even when he was kissing me I knew he loves you, so.."

"WHAT?" Daisy stopped her "did he kiss you?" and again she felt a rush of jealousy. Enos never kissed her; and when she tried to kiss him, he always froze.

(cue anyone)

Anna looked into Daisy's eyes, "Why did you slap him?"

Daisy was surprised 'bout Anna's question. How did she know about it? Did Enos tell her everything? Daisy felt again that pesky feeling called jealousy; she wanted to be Enos's unique bosom-friend. She hated Enos didn't talk to her 'bout his problem, but she knew that it wasn't his fault, 'cause this time his problem was her. She was stupidly pushing Enos into Anna's arms.

Anna sighed. "Oh my God, Daisy. Are you so jealous 'bout my friendship with Enos? You can't ignore Enos's feelings for you. Me too I can't ignore it. I can only hope he'd love me, but I know he loves you. Even when he was kissing me I knew he loves you, so.."

"WHAT?" Daisy stopped her "did he kiss you?" and again she felt a rush of jealousy. Enos never kissed her; and when she tried to kiss him, he always froze.

(cue anyone)

*Julie had seen her cousin walk away crying she knew this can't be good and she was hoping to get a ride since her car was being repaired by Cooter right now.

Julie says "Hey Daisy, what's going I sure hope that bakery of Anna's opens up pretty soon it will do some good to the County don't you think. Can I get I ride back to the farm I don't want to bother Bo and Luke right now?

Cue Anyone

Daisy hugged Julie. She was glad to see her cousin, 'cause she wanted to talk with another woman (except Anna) and not with Bo and Luke.

"Oh Julie, I'm so stupid. I'm very stupid. Enos....." but her sobs confused her words.

Anna looked at Daisy crying on Julie's shoulder. "Daisy, come on. Enos loves you, I know it. We have to find him, and you two you have to talk"

At that moment Bo and Luke arrived and saw everything. Bo looked at the three women "Find? Why do you have to find Enos?"

"He has gone, but we don't know where"

"Gone?" Luke asked "So he run away. Girls, you've scared him"

Daisy hugged Julie. She was glad to see her cousin, 'cause she wanted to talk with another woman (except Anna) and not with Bo and Luke.

"Oh Julie, I'm so stupid. I'm very stupid. Enos....." but her sobs confused her words.

Anna looked at Daisy crying on Julie's shoulder. "Daisy, come on. Enos loves you, I know it. We have to find him, and you two you have to talk"

At that moment Bo and Luke arrived and saw everything. Bo looked at the three women "Find? Why do you have to find Enos?"

"He has gone, but we don't know where"

"Gone?" Luke asked "So he run away. Girls, you've scared him"

Julie says "Thanks alot Anna, it's all your fault why did you have to go after him as aggresive as you did."

"My fault? Julie, it's not my fault if Daisy is jealous and she slapped him. I love Enos, it's true, but for Enos's happyness I'll give up 'cause I know he loves her. But, Daisy, if you don't love Enos, well, he'll be mine. It's your choice"

Anna words shocked Dukes cousins. Everyone now was looking at her.

"My fault? Julie, it's not my fault if Daisy is jealous and she slapped him. I love Enos, it's true, but for Enos's happyness I'll give up 'cause I know he loves her. But, Daisy, if you don't love Enos, well, he'll be mine. It's your choice"

Anna words shocked Dukes cousins. Everyone now was looking at her.

Julie says "Daisy, you slapped Enos I sure he wasn't on duty and why would you do that to him and besides that would drive him right away. I was wandering what do you think Enos is thinking about right now nobody ever considers his feeling ever."

Cue i1976

Anna nodded "You're right, Julie. Enos was very shocked 'bout Daisy's slap, and I don't know where he's now. We have to find him. I hope he's OK"

"Anna is right" said Bo "It's unusual for Enos to run away. He never run away. Go"

But where was Enos?

(Cue anyone. Hey, I really don't know where Enos is and what he's doing. So, Hazzard folks, help me to search him. LOL)

Anna nodded "You're right, Julie. Enos was very shocked 'bout Daisy's slap, and I don't know where he's now. We have to find him. I hope he's OK"

"Anna is right" said Bo "It's unusual for Enos to run away. He never run away. Go"

But where was Enos?

(Cue anyone. Hey, I really don't know where Enos is and what he's doing. So, Hazzard folks, help me to search him. LOL)

Julie says "Well, I'll ride with Daisy and it seems that will we could cover his favorite fishing hole. He fish right Bo I was just wandering that right there unless he rather play chess."

Cue i1976

As everybody rushed to the fishing hole to try and find Enos, Enos was with Uncle Jesse.

"Don't tell them i am here Uncle Jesse please"

Jesse saw the upset and panic in enos's eyes.

"Ok" he replied simply.

Enos showed a small smile to Jesse as a thank you. "I need to talk to someone" he looked up to Uncle Jesse with a pleading look in his eyes.

As everybody rushed to the fishing hole to try and find Enos, Enos was with Uncle Jesse.

"Don't tell them i am here Uncle Jesse please"

Jesse saw the upset and panic in enos's eyes.

"Ok" he replied simply.

Enos showed a small smile to Jesse as a thank you. "I need to talk to someone" he looked up to Uncle Jesse with a pleading look in his eyes.

Julie says "Daisy I wonder what Enos is talking to Uncle Jesse about right now I sure it's not about me now.."

After Lucy, Anna and Daisy had tried to find Enos at the fishing hole and averywhere, they came back at the farm, disappointed.

When the girls arrived at the farm, they saw Enos's patrol car there. They had searched him everywhere, and he was there.

Julie wanted to come in the farm to know what Enos was saying to uncle Jesse, but Daisy stopped her, "I think he wants to talk to uncle Jesse alone"

• 2 weeks later...