Welcome Anna: evolution of a perfect meringue

i1976

Finally Anna arrived in Hazzard.

It was so strange to be in a small town like Hazzard, 'cause she was used to live in a big city, and Los Angeles was a big big city, too big for her.

She liked to be far away from Los Angeles, from chaos and from traffic.

She liked to feel breeze on her face, and to scent something different from smog. She loved hearing birds chirp, and to see mountains and trees all around the small town. The sky seemed bigger than Los Angeles one, 'cause it wasn't suffocate by skyscrapers.

No skyscraper on the horizon.

She smiled. Hazzard was a nice town, a very nice town, and moreover.......

She blushed thinking of him.

They were good friends in Los Angeles, and when he left she began writing him letters, and he always wrote her back.

But now he didn't know she was arriving in Hazzard.

To stay and not only for a visit.

She was the new confectioner of Hazzard.

(Ok. Only an idea to introduce a new character.

Do you wonder whom is Anna searching for? Look at my avatar, LOL.

I'll be Anna in this fic, so enjoy to choose other Hazzard characters; I hope Holly is going to join me using Enos character. And who wants to be Daisy?)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally Anna arrived in Hazzard.

It was so strange to be in a small town like Hazzard, 'cause she was used to live in a big city, and Los Angeles was a big big city, too big for her.

She liked to be far away from Los Angeles, from chaos and from traffic.

She liked to feel breeze on her face, and to scent something different from smog. She loved hearing birds chirp, and to see mountains and trees all around the small town. The sky seemed bigger than Los Angeles one, 'cause it wasn't suffocate by skyscrapers.

No skyscraper on the horizon.

She smiled. Hazzard was a nice town, a very nice town, and moreover.......

She blushed thinking of him.

They were good friends in Los Angeles, and when he left she began writing him letters, and he always wrote her back.

But now he didn't know she was arriving in Hazzard.

To stay and not only for a visit.

She was the new confectioner of Hazzard.

(Ok. Only an idea to introduce a new character.

Do you wonder whom is Anna searching for? Look at my avatar, LOL.

I'll be Anna in this fic, so enjoy to choose other Hazzard characters; I hope Holly is going to join me using Enos character. And who wants to be Daisy?)

Julieduke had seen this newcomer to Hazzard as she was looking at the storefronts for rent and she had seen that she seen like she was from the big city. Julie had seen the California plates her car was wearing and she has seen the L.A. County at the bottom.

cue I1976

Anna made her way over to the County Courthouse after alot of dazing wandering around. She was beginning to enjoy the town of Hazzard.

Walking up the steps to the Courthouse she kept looking round going up every other step backwards as she tried to take in as much of the town as she could. In doing this she could not see where she was as she took the last step backwards.

"ooh sorry" she apoligised quickly to the crouched man in front of her, desperately trying to grab his papers that were beginning to escape him in the soft breeze.

"don't worry" he replied

the voice made Anna smile. "Enos?" she said quietly.

He got up quickly clutching his papers meeting her eyes immediately.

"Anna?" he asked breaking a smile. "What are you doing here?"

cue anyone

Anna hugged Enos, or, to be more precise, she jumped into Enos's arms, so his papers fell down again.

"Hey Enos, I'm so happy to see you again"

"Me too Anna. What a big surprise"

Anna looked at Enos, smiling. "Now I'm a Hazzard's citizen. I'm going to open a new confectionery, Anna's, here in Hazzard".

Enos took her in his arms, joyful. "You're welcome, Anna. You're the best confectioner I ever met, and everyone in Hazzard will agree with me"

In the street everyone was looking at Enos and Anna, wondering what's happening and who the stranger was. Someone noticed her car with L.A. County at the bottom.

Anna hugged Enos, or, to be more precise, she jumped into Enos's arms, so his papers fell down again.

"Hey Enos, I'm so happy to see you again"

"Me too Anna. What a big surprise"

Anna looked at Enos, smiling. "Now I'm a Hazzard's citizen. I'm going to open a new confectionery, Anna's, here in Hazzard".

Enos took her in his arms, joyful. "You're welcome, Anna. You're the best confectioner I ever met, and everyone in Hazzard will agree with me"

In the street everyone was looking at Enos and Anna, wondering what's happening and who the stranger was. Someone noticed her car with L.A. County at the bottom.

Julieduke walked up to Enos and Anna and says "Hello, I'm Julie Duke and you might be notice my big brother and our cousin Luke Duke in Orange Dodge Charger that says "General Lee" with a rebel flag and 01 on the doors. I'm glad your home is now Hazzard County."

cue Anybody

Anna oand looked at the General Lee. She seemed a bit over-whelmed at first by all the attention she had got.

Julieduke gestured to the car, "wanna lift to where your stayin'?"

"Thank you but i am staying with Enos" she replied.

The Dukes looked at both Anna and Enos in shock and confusion.

Luke turned to Bo "Wait till Daisy heres bout' this"

cue anyone

Anna took Enos's hand, "I'll stay at the boarding house".

Enos looked at her, smiling "At the boarding house? In effect there's an empty room at the boarding house, so we'll be again neighbours"

At that moment Rosco came out the Courthouse. "Enos, you dipstick. What you're doing out there? Boss is waiting for those documents, do you remember? Hurry up"

Enos jumped. "Possum on a gum bush. The documents" then he looked around, crouching and picking up his papers.

Rosco shook his head. "You dipstick. Hurry up"

Anna laughed "Rosco?". Enos nodded "You have hit it. Sorry, but I have to go to work now. See you later at the boarding house"

While Enos was running to the Courthouse, Anna beckoned. "Bye Enos, see you later", and when she turned over she saw the Dukes staring at her.

"The new confectioner, right? You're welcome, Anna" so Bo shook hands with Anna, and Anna smiled happily at her new life and at her new friends.

She wasn't worried at all 'bout moving to Hazzard. She felt like she knew every citizen in Hazzard, 'cause Enos always talked 'bout Hazzard when he was in L.A.

Anna was looking at the landscape outside the General Lee's window, enjoying it. She let the breeze mess up her hair, then she closed her eyes making a deep breath and feeling air's scent (scent of the trees, the lawn grass, and the soil after the rain); "No smog" she thought, smiling.

The Dukes couldn't help looking at her, thinking that she was cute, with her long black hair and hazel eyes. Everyone noticed that she had a crush on Enos, but, as usual, Enos probably didn't notice anything.

Finally they arrived at the Boars Nest, where Daisy was waiting for them.

When Anna saw Daisy, she hugged her. "So you're Daisy. Nice to meet you"

Daisy looked surprised at that young girl (18? 20 years old?). Who was that girl? And why she knew her name?

Then she looked at her cousins, who were sniggering.

Daisy sat in the backseat of the General Lee alongside Anna and Julieduke. It was quiet, too quiet for Daisy who wanted to find out who Anna was and why she had such an interest in Enos.

"So Anna how do you know Enos?"

Anna looked across at Daisy and smiled. "we met through a case he had with Turk"

"How?" Julieduke asked.

"There was a robbery at my best friends apartment involving a couple of criminals they were after, he was so nice and sweet and supportive"

"yes he is" Daisy interupted stopping the list, she began to feel annoyed at the way Anna was reacting over Enos but she couldn't explain why.

cue anyone

"But the funny thing" Anna continued, not realizing Daisy's annoyment "is that I first met Enos at my friends apartment, after the robbery, and few days later I realized he was my neighbourâ€, she laughed, “One day, coming out my apartment, I saw him entering the apartment near mine. I was so surprised. ‘Cause his shifts I never met him before; and me too I was always at the confectionery where I workedâ€

“You were neighbours?†said Daisy, pretending not to be curious.

Anna nodded “Yeah, we were neighbours, and we are friends too. Good friends. And now I'm going to be his neighbour again, here in Hazzard.â€

Daisy looked outside General Lee’s window, thoughtful, sighing "Good friends.... and neighbours"

The drive back to the Duke Farm was quiet for Daisy. Anna continued to chat with the dukes but Daisy continued to stare out of the window, not paying full attention to what was being said.

As soon as they reached the Dukes household Daisy walked straight to her room.

"Daisy honey?" Uncle Jesse began.

"I am tired" she replied.

She went to her room and sat on her bed, confused about what to think about Anna and Enos.

As she got lost in her day dreams she over heard Uncle jesse saying that he had invited Enos over for dinner as Anna was here.

cue anyone

Anna was very happy to stay at Dukes farm for dinner.

She had arrived in Hazzard that morning, and now she was at the farm of Enos's best friends. She recognized immediately uncle Jesse; he was as Enos had told her in L.A. Everyone was as Enos had told her, except Daisy.

Anyway, Anna was very curious to see Enos with the woman he loved; Anna knew Enos's feeling for Daisy, and she knew she couldn't compete with Daisy for Enos's love. It was enough for her to be only his friend (hoping that maybe.... someday....).

Finally Enos arrived at the farm, and Anna hugged him.

Daisy stared at them seriously, folding her arms. Uncle Jesse and her cousins winced, scenting not the dinner but a terrible storm.

Daisy stood there staring. Not wanting to take her eyes off Enos and especially Anna who had not stopped looking at Enos.

Enos walked over to Daisy.

"Hey Daisy" he said, before he was pulled into Daisy's grasp. She held onto him, kissed his cheek and looked over at Anna.

Bo and Luke sensed that she was trying to make Anna jealous.

Anna looked at Daisy kissing Enos.

Enos blushed as usual, and he looked away "Hey Daisy, why....do you......?"

Daisy hugged him strongly "I only want to thank you for coming for dinner"

Enos blushed more and more feeling Daisy's hug "Uh... It's me that....well.... I thank you for dinner"

Nesling Enos, Daisy glanced at Anna.

Uncle Jesse and his nephews looked at Anna and Daisy alternately. Bo whispered in Luke's ear "Ready to run away?"

But Anna smiled at Daisy "Enos always told me how beautiful you are Daisy, and now I see you, well, I admit Enos is right"

Daisy looked at Enos, who was red nearly like a tomato, than she bursted out laughing "OK, it's better to have dinner, now. Come on, Anna"

Somehow Daisy was beginning to like Anna, but she was worried 'bout Enos and Anna's friendship.

The dinner went well. Daisy ended up getting on well with Anna much to Bo and Lukes surprise considering the way Daisy reacted before.

However, she was still unsure of whether she liked the fact that Anna and Enos would become neighbours.

The next day Daisy had a visit from Anna at the Boars Nest.

"Hey there Anna" Daisy said with a smile.

"Hey" she replied. "Can i talk to you please?"

"Sure" Daisy replied unsure of what to make of Anna's expression.

Anna and Daisy sat at one of the Boars Nest's tables.

It was morning, and the Boars Nest was almost empty, so the two women sat silently, drinking a cup of tea with a piece of cake.

Daisy was eager to know what Anna had to tell her, but Anna was quiet, looking outside the window.

"This cake is very good" finally Anna said, with a smile "Well, I'm not here to talk 'bout a cake, anyway".

Anna took a deep breath, then she looked into Daisy'e eyes "Daisy....... Do you love Enos?"

Daisy stared at Anna, surprised.

Daisy rushed outside and sat in her car. She slowly turned the lights off and sat silently. It was that question the one people had always wanted to ask Daisy but never had. Now she didn't know what to think. Her head was spinning. 'What if Anna loves Enos and is making sure i don't so she can have him' Daisy thought.

Getting up out of the car Daisy said in frustration "I am gonna' have to get back to work or Boss is gonna fire me!"

The incident with Anna was going to take alot of thought as Daisy let out a sigh as she walked back into the Boars Nest.

When Daisy walked back into the Boars Nest, Anna left. She smiled at Daisy, shyly "Sorry, Daisy. I... I didn't want to..... If you don't want to talk 'bout Enos, well, I understand you. Sorry for my intrusiveness. Bye"

While Anna was leaving, Daisy called her "Anna. And what about you? Do you love Enos, don't you?"

Anna blushed "Is it so evident? Yeah, I love him since I met him the first time. I can't help but loving him even if I know he loves someone else"

Daisy didn't know what to say, but a customer entered the Boars Nest so she had to get back to work, feeling relief 'cause she could avoid to reply to Anna.

(cue anyone)

The rest of Daisy's shift was a nightmare. She couldn't stop thinking about what Anna had said. Once she had cashed up and closed for the night she was happy to be sitting in her car alone with peace.

She leaned back into the chair before leaving for the Dukes Farm.

The next day Daisy walked into the Boars Nest ready and refreshed for her late shift when she saw Enos and Anna alone together at a table. They were both laughing and smiling. Daisy was rooted to the spot.

Daisy didn't know what to do. She continued to look at them; they seemed happy togheter. Was Enos falling in love with Anna? Was she losing him?

Daisy looked around searching for someone who could distract her: a customer.... a friend... someone... but in the Boars Nest there wasn't anyone except her, Enos and Anna.

Suddenly Enos stared at Daisy with his usual smile "Hi Dais. Sit here at our table. I think you'd like what Anna's telling me: she's trying to prepare a new kind of cake for her bakery's opening. She's the best with meringues and so on, but expecially making meringues" then he looked at Anna "Do you know Anna? Daisy cooks very well, and her apple-pie is the best here in Hazzard. Daisy could help you whit some idea"

Anna smiled "I know she cooks very well; I tasted her food and in particular her apple-cake last evening, at Duke's farm. Yeah, I admit her apple-pie is very very good"

Strangle them? Poison them? Daisy was thinking 'bout those choices, but then relaxed thinking that, after all, Anna was very kind and she had been very honest with her.... and Enos... well Enos was always the same, naive and sweet.

(cue anyone)

Daisy didn't reply, lost in her thoughts.

"Daisy? Are you OK?" uncle Jesse called her again.

Daisy looked at her uncle. "I'm only a bit tired, and I'm not hungry at all. Sorry uncle Jesse". Daisy stood up "I'm going to sleep. Good night"; she kissed her uncle's cheek and left.

After Daisy left, uncle Jesse looked at Bo and Luke "What's the matter with her? She's so strange" uncle Jesse felt his niece's worries, and he knew that it was something 'bout Anna, but he wanted to know something more from Bo and Luke. The boys shook their heads "I don't know, uncle Jesse" Bo said "she's strange since Anna arrived here in Hazzard. Maybe she's jealous".

Uncle jesse nodded "I knew it was because of Anna and Enos. I have to talk with Daisy".

But when uncle Jesse stood up to go to his niece's bedroom, someone knocked at the farm's door.